practicum-bootcamp-logo

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products offering 30-46 week, online Software Engineer, Data Analyst, and Data Scientist programs. Practicum Bootcamp helps people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live coding sessions. Practicum Bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum Bootcamp guarantees to refund their money.

Practicum Bootcamp is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.

More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum Bootcamp. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. With an average employment rate of 80%, Practicum Bootcamp’s Career Acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum Bootcamps is with their students every step of the way.

Recent Practicum Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (159) reviews for Practicum Bootcamp →

Recent Practicum Bootcamp News

• Data Analyst

Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
      Start Date July 21, 2022
      Over this six-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech newcomers, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more), and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. A professional data analyst will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $8,500; Monthly cost: $1,250
      Refund / GuaranteePracticum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
    • Data Scientist

Start Date July 21, 2022
      Over this nine-month bootcamp, for those with prior tech experience, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. A professional data scientist will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $11,000; Monthly cost: $1,400
    • Software Engineer

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, SQL
      Start Date July 21, 2022
      Over this 10-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech field newcomers, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent software engineer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. A professional software engineer will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $8,900; Monthly cost: $950
    • Pilar Kaminski  User Photo
      Pilar Kaminski • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I finished the introductory course in web development and it was fantastic, I cannot wait to start the full program. The course is very well written and the lessons are very informative. The coding platform is friendly and it provides you with hints when you get stuck. The community manager is very friendly and always there to help. It's a very lovely community and I can't wait to continue my education with Practicum by Yandex.
    • Jared  User Photo
      Jared • Market Research Analyst • Verified via LinkedIn
      Fantastic course so far!

Having completed the intro course, this program seems to be a really good mix between your standard intensive boot camp and something like DataQuest ore Codeacademy. This is helpful in keeping you motivated without feeling too rigid.

There is the occasional issue that arises due to some translation issue (Yandex is a Russian company), but translating is hard enough without having to do it while teaching a technical subject. I'd rate this a 4.5 stars if I could due to the newness of the course and the fact it's still in development.

All in all, I highly recommend at least trying the intro to see if the format works for you.
    • Mamuka Anjaparidze  User Photo
      Mamuka Anjaparidze • Web & Software Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
       TL; DR - I have several years of experience in online courses and programming boot caps, and Practicum is on the first spot by deliverability and simplicity by the most important features which makes online courses enjoyable.

Really important key features which I learnt are important from personal experience are:
      TECHNICAL FEATURES:
      • The simplicity of the explanatory material -  ✅
      • The exact and thorough explanation of the material and not general fact-throwing -  ✅
      • The importance of task challenges right after the learnt material -  ✅
      • Interactive in-built text-compiler -  ✅
      • Feedback & Debugging features for even more comfortable and easy learning -  ✅

FOLLOWUP & HELP DESK FEATURES:
      • One of the most friendly and open-minded community, always ready to help -  ✅
      • Multiple feedback and help desk channels on various social networks -  ✅
      • Caring and understanding follow-up managers who are always checking on your progress and are oriented to satisfy your needs and give you a helping hand in any way possible in their authority -  ✅
      • One of the best trained and knowledgable instructors of the course with thorough and simple explanatory skills -   ✅

ABOUT ME
      I am a student at the faculty of Computer Science. Throughout the years I was trying to furthermore deepen my knowledge and experience in the field of CS and programming by applying and participating in various boot camps some of which where 500+ hour coding boot camps, some of them online and some onsite.
      Not long ago I got interested in the Machine Learning and Data Science and found out about the Practicum courses and got interested. From a general overview, I got the general idea of what to expect from the course but they exceeded my expectations by multiples.
    • Maurice Ellis  User Photo
      Maurice Ellis Verified via GitHub
      I was nervous about signing up for a bootcamp because after reading about them, many seemed to not have much depth nor prepare you to truly be a data scientist. I was already diving in to data science by watching YouTube videos and reading articles, but I wanted to know more than just writing or copying lines of code, so before I signed up I looked at outline of topics and I was surprised that it dove into a wide range of topics and more important, statistics and linear algebra. I wanted a deep understand of what I was doing and why we use one regression formula over another one.

With Practicum, I feel that I have not only wrote the code, but understand what I am doing and why. Practicum not only provides theory, but provides exercises to complete to better grasps the concepts learns. What makes it better, it uses real life data that is relatable in the real world. Even better, when I have a question or confused on a concept, there is a instructor and other peers who can answer my question. One thing I really love is the projects, this is where we open up a Jupyter Notebook and do everything for ourselves to answer the questions posed for the assignment. We process the data, we analyze the data, and draw conclusions. Our projects are then code reviewed to make sure we have accomplished the task at hand and have drawn the right conclusion. Nothing else to say, other than I love it.
    • Daniel Garcia  User Photo
      Daniel Garcia • Data Analyst - Alpha Tester • Student Verified via GitHub

As an alpha tester for the Practicum by Yandex Data Analyst professional program I can attest to the strength of the program’s quality in teaching you how to think and apply the skills required to be an effective data analyst.  The strength of their program even at their early stage of development comes at no surprise to me as the company is one of the leading IT companies in Europe. In regards to the program, I like the sprint-like approach that they take to learning wherein you have two weeks to complete the lessons, coding tasks, and projects associated with each course (ie. Data Preprocessing, A/B tests, etc.). I have found this very helpful because it has made me into a more efficient learner while seeing progress in my learning.
             I also like the support structure that Yandex creates for its programs. Whenever I have trouble with a coding task/project or need help grasping some of the theories, I can always reach out to my peers, tutor, or 24/7 learning support via Slack. This along with the biweekly webinar has been very helpful because most of the topics are new to me as a psychology major. In regards to the projects--my personal highlight of the program-- they provide you with enough tips to be able to independently complete the project using the approach and learning that was taught in the course lessons. These are later checked and provided with constructive feedback by professionals in the field (in my case Data Analyst). Top it off with the job support that they provide after finishing the program and this program becomes one of the top (and relatively cheap) technical boot camps out there.
             All in all, the hands-on and sprint-like learning approach, as well as the support system that makes up the  Practicum by Yandex courses, make it a top-boot camp that anyone wanting to enter into tech should strongly consider taking. Personally, I’ve developed a deeper understanding of the data analyst field and substantially developed my coding and problem-solving skills through this program.

• Mabel  User Photo
      Mabel • Student Verified via GitHub
      I started this program 3 months ago and I couldn't be happier with the structure and the curriculum. The program is 10 months long and it covers both front and backend technology needed to become a web developer. The curriculum starts with a free introductory course on HTLM and CSS then progresses to more advance topics in HTML and CSS, JavaScript, React and Node. The work is completed in two weeks sprints. Every two weeks a number of lectures and exercises become available followed by an independent project assignment. Each project is reviewed by an experienced developer who will ensure your project uses best coding practices. In the end you have will have a professional project to add to your portfolio.

In addition to the curriculum, I like the community aspect of the program. There are tutors and a slack group for students. There's also bi-weekly live coding lessons where students have the opportunity to ask questions regarding the project work.

I would recommend this bootcamp to anyone who wants to learn web development. Since this is a longer program, students really get a chance to learn the material covered and practice using real developer tools such as Figma, Git and Github. Definitely give this program a try!
    • Learn by doing
      - 5/10/2020
      Adam  User Photo
      Adam • Student Verified via GitHub
      I'm freshman in coding. I learned basics on different platforms, and I felt it wasn't enough.
      I've accidentally started Yandex Practicum course, and from the first lesson (okey, from the 10-15th , cause these were too simple for me), I've understood I'm on the right way. I feel confident in learning Data Analytics course. Anytime I may ask mentors or other students in our chat for help. I face a lot of difficulties every time I open the course, or when I do practise by analysing any dataset I can found in the Web, but I don't give up. During the course I've learn how to make mistakes, and how to use it as strengths.
      I love tasks we solve during the course. Most of the tasks are taken from real-life. I don't feel I just solve an exercise from a book, I feel I participate in research in a company, and do my job. For me, this "atmosphere" means a lot. It encourages me to keep studying.
      Curriculum in general, is done good, but sometimes (if you've done previous chapter too fast), you have to wait for an access to a new one for a couple of days (up to week). Webinars are held in the morning, New York Time, and it is early evening in Europe / Middle East. However, we had an interesting webinar, that was at 7 pm., New York time (in Israel in was 3 am). Once, but still.
      Instructors are really friendly and helpful. They available and answer almost anytime we write them. They always send us additional material, show different ways to solve a task, and share stories from data analytics world.
      I am very glad I've started this course. Thanks to Yandex Team, I feel tremendous interest in Data Analysis and coding with Python.

• James Ryan  User Photo
      James Ryan • Student Verified via GitHub
      I've been taking part in the Web Developer course since February and I've been blown away by the level of support I've received from both mentors, code reviewers and fellow students in the Slack group. Prior to this course I was studying from free resources in my spare time and generally just going it alone. After a few months I started feeling directionless and like I had reached a plateau - I was ready to throw the towel in.

Joining the course changed all that. I feel like I'm part of something bigger than me and it's great. If I ever need help all I need to do is ask the mentors or other students for help. When I submit my code for review I get constructive feedback as to what can be improved and links to resources that will help me improve.

I have levelled up so much due to this and it's the best course I've done by far. Can't wait to see what the next 6-7 months bring!
    • Harvey • Student
      I started my journey to become a data scientist with no experience in coding. I tried using online sources but was quickly overwhelmed by the bulk of material and things I needed to know. More than anything, I was looking for a structured program. A kind of road map to becoming a data scientist. I decided to start the course on Practicum and I am glad I did.
      The program is very structured and there is a definite road map that you can see. The lessons are quite understandable too.
      Even with no prior experience in coding, I was able to understand different coding concepts and practice them on the website. And even times when I felt lost, all I had to do was ask questions and the tutors would give solutions to whatever problems I was facing. The support is really great.
      Also, with this program, you don't have to go through long installations of different software just to get you up and running. All tasks can be coded and solved on the platform and so no need to worry about getting a new PC due to heavy software requirements.
      I'm currently training and using machine learning models and algorithms on different real life projects. That's a huge step up from not knowing how to code when I first started.
      In all, it's a great course, real value for your money.
    • Javier Moreno Flores
      The data science program offered by Practicum is very well structured to help you succeed. I enrolled this program knowing nothing about programming, and the lessons offered in the platform offered enough practice, examples, and projects to practice the skills that I learned in the program. I had recently graduated from the University of Florida with a BS in biochemistry and I wanted to apply my analytical skills in data science, and Practicum offered me that bridge I needed to learn the skills. One of the best components of the program is that they have tutors that are always available for when you need it. I would highly recommend this program if you're a beginner and want to master the skills needed to become a data scientist.
    • Lani Mow • Student
      Although I have a background in statistics through my studies in public health, I always felt really unprepared to enter into a data-related career and counted myself out of so many jobs and opportunities because of it. But even after going through just half of the Practicum Data Scientist curriculum, I have grown not only in my hard skills but also in my confidence to pursue a career as a data scientist. The support system is excellent and all the tutors and instructors are incredibly knowledgeable. I'd highly recommend Practicum to anyone who is looking to make a career shift into data science!
    • richard wetterauer • Student
      Software Engineering Bootcamp with Practicum-Yandex

Here are some of my thoughts about the P-Y Software Engineering Bootcamp.  I’ve been involved for about five months since the beginning of 2022.  That’s almost half-way through the nine-month, part-time program.  I find this bootcamp to be a very powerful learning platform. The course is a combination of online course material, interaction with an experienced tutor, online coding videos, projects with rigorous reviews and interaction with other students.  All of this provides an opportunity to learn and prepare to enter the job market.  The program is comprised of sprints with two- to three-week duration, with enough flexibility to allow self-pacing.   Twenty hours per week is the minimum effort; more if you want to dive deeper.

Since my goal is to work remotely, the day-to-day experience of this bootcamp has been a good model for what lies ahead.  Often, it’s too easy to keep my head down working.  I’ve learned how important it is to recharge by stepping away. It’s true that short breaks bring solutions by letting your brain work in the background. Longer breaks help with maintaining balance.  When entering a bootcamp, it’s important to keep this in mind!

Another aspect is the enormous body of knowledge.  My guess is that I’ll have acquired ten-percent of the available knowledge when I’m done with the bootcamp.  Together with an attitude of continuous learning, I believe that ten-percent will be the right amount to get started.  With so much information, so many different programming languages, and so many different specialties, I think it’s important to think of the bootcamp as a launching pad.

You must be willing to search out information on your own.  The course will take you only so far and then it’s expected that you will be creative and inquisitive to find answers on your own.  Use internet search to find not only solutions for the project in front of you, but also to learn how to promote yourself in the job market, and to learn what your future path might be.

Finally, a hats-off to both our Community Manager who helps to keep everything afloat from making sure we know deadlines, online workshop schedules and upcoming seminars about networking and finding jobs, and our Tutor who goes out of his way to explain how your code may be great but what you did in twenty lines of code could be done in two.