Practicum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products offering 30-46 week, online Software Engineer, Data Analyst, and Data Scientist programs. Practicum Bootcamp helps people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live coding sessions. Practicum Bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum Bootcamp guarantees to refund their money.
Practicum Bootcamp is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.
More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum Bootcamp. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. With an average employment rate of 80%, Practicum Bootcamp’s Career Acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum Bootcamps is with their students every step of the way.
Recent Practicum Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.83
Recent Practicum Bootcamp News
- Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
OnlinePart Time20 Hours/week30 Weeks
Start Date July 21, 2022 Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineOver this six-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech newcomers, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more), and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. A professional data analyst will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partners available, including Upstart Tuition Plans Upfront cost: $8,500; Monthly cost: $1,250 Refund / Guarantee Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
Minimum Skill Level All you need is a high school education Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesJuly 21, 2022 - Online
- Data Science, Data Structures, Data Visualization, Machine Learning, Python, Django, SQL
OnlinePart Time20 Hours/week38 Weeks
Start Date July 21, 2022 Cost $11,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineOver this nine-month bootcamp, for those with prior tech experience, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. A professional data scientist will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partners available, including Upstart Tuition Plans Upfront cost: $11,000; Monthly cost: $1,400 Refund / Guarantee Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
Minimum Skill Level All you need is a high school education Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesJuly 21, 2022 - Online
Start Date July 21, 2022 Cost $8,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineOver this 10-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech field newcomers, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent software engineer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. A professional software engineer will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partners available, including Upstart Tuition Plans Upfront cost: $8,900; Monthly cost: $950 Refund / Guarantee Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
Minimum Skill Level All you need is a high school education Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesJuly 21, 2022 - Online
Practicum Bootcamp Reviews
159 reviews sorted by:
- Excellent Value- 4/26/2021Jared Parker • Ongoing Commissioning Lead • Student • Course: Data Scientist • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI am a bit over half way through the Data Science program - it is an 8 month course. the first chapter is free so you can get a feel for if it will work out for you. the platform work is step by step - so introduce a concept, apply the concept, then introduce a new aspect of the concept, etc.
where the program really shines, in my opinion, is the tutors and the projects.
the projects are realistic scenarios and, while you are expected to use the concepts taught in the chapter, there is also room to try out new methods, libraries and approaches. you are then paired with a reviewer who will provide feedback, additional information and hints on how to make your end product better.
the tutors are able to provide explanations and input on how to better perform tasks and understand concepts.
overall, i think the value is amazing, especially considering the cost and length of the course. it is very in depth.
My favorite part of the program is building the projects. After learning the thoery from the sprint, we are assigned an independent project to build based of specs and designs given to us. I think this is very valuable experience to have when starting out as a web developer.
I have recently started applying for remote web developer jobs and have already gotten interest from several possible employers by using the projects I build in Practicum bootcamp.
- Data Science Course by Yandex- 4/24/2021Stefano Pedicino • Student • Course: Data Scientist • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubIn November I participated in Practicum 100, having a little experience in languages such as C, C++ and C#. I decided to take part in this competition trying to do my best. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be among the 100 most talented. But I found myself so well during the course of the first module "Python and Data Analysis Basis" that I decided to buy a course with Yandex anyway! The first thought I had on the course was that the working platform was great, and that's what I still think. Yandex's platform it's one of the point of strenghts of the programm! I had already tried some other platform by other site that allow you to try them before to buy a programm, but I usually felt really bad with them. On the contrary with this one, I really had a good feeling. Theory was really clearly explained and exercises well structured. Without going long, only in the first month, I had learned the basics of Python and Pandas library. So I started the course and in few times, I was working on projects, being able on my own to organize databases with thousand of records, was something absolutely amazing. I was literally thrilled by those experiences! I went trough Data Preprocessing, Exploratory data analysis (this one super interesting, helped me to learn to draw stunning graphics with data), statistical data analysis and SQL in few months. After that, started the Data Science part, that I am still currently following. What I love about this part is the possibility to create machine learning algorithms and models. this translates into starting to build algorithms for artificial intelligences. I had never thought, to get in such a short time to be able to do something like this. Those were my experiences about the programm, platform and lessons but Yandex is not only that, they have a platform to communicate among students where you can get help from tutors, support team and managers if you have any sort of problems. They are always there, ready to support you in continuing studying and helping you to be successful in the programm. A really big thanks to the entire team! Furthermore, are often provided really interesting webinair about subject related topics, almost all weeks!
After the programm, is expected a work preparation period, as said, they are going to help students with curriculum and portfolio preparation, I am not already on that programm part but curious to taking part to that as well! I really am hoping to land a good job after Yandex course. I don't know if I am going to accomplish that but extremely positive considered the quality of the course.
- Data Analytics- 4/21/2021Atajan Abdyyev • Course: Data Analyst • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Turning into a passion- 3/19/2021Jenna Toff • Web Developer • Graduate • Course: Software Engineer • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInWhen I went through the sample course, I found I really enjoyed how the curriculum was written: it made it easier for me to read through what had otherwise been dry material in my previous self-studying, and the way that portion was written stayed throughout the program with only a few areas being a bit more on the dry side. There's a little bit of humor in some of the messages when we've succeeded, often making puns on the material we just went over, which also helps with keeping the information a bit better.
You do get out of it what you put in, and with supportive communities and networking opportunities, along with many chances to build upon soft skills: it's easy with Practicum to get a lot out of it. You have a cohort you work with, and many people you can reach out to ask if you get stuck or have questions: even if it's not directly related to the material you're going through in the course. If things aren't working, you can let someone know and it will be fixed by generally the next day. Feedback for projects is available within 24 hours, and you have chances to improve if you didn't get it quite right the first time.
After finishing the program I've been working with the 'career accelerator' program they have and they're helping me through the job navigation process that spans to 1-1 conversations with someone who is actually helping you fine-tune the different parts in the job search.
- Another great product from Yandex- 2/28/2021Leonid Gorelik • Sales operations analyst • Student • Course: Data Analyst • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI tried to go deeper into data analysis for several times but all my previous attempts were unsuccessful. I checked different formats of bootcamps but none of them fit me. Classical offline bootcamps are 6 -8 times more expensive than Practicum by Yandex moreover they require full time dedication which means no possibility to combine them with my current job. Learning on various on line platforms was also not a match because explanation was often not very clear, problems solved there were not related to real business cases so I lost motivation very soon after starting a new course. At Practicum things are different: you start learning each topic on the online platform imitating real environment but if you have questions you can always address them to mentors or your mates. The program is divided into sprints. Each sprint consists of education on the platform and a real life case which you have to solve based on the knowledge aquired on the platform and every two weeks there are Webinars where mentor shows the best approach in solving the project and also answers your questions .But my favorite thing about the course is that it is really very practical and although I am still at the first half of the course I already started using python at my current job and it saves me a lot of time.
- Web Developer- 2/26/2021Maria W • Student • Course: Software Engineer • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI have tried several coding programs, including Code Academy, Udemy classes, and Skillcrush. Practicum is far and above the best. As a WordPress developer, I have always been more interested in the code and less about the design, so I wanted to improve my skills to find a job in coding. Practicum has given me everything I need to be confident in my job search. The instructors and class cohorts are fantastic and extremely helpful. The lessons are flexible in that you don't have to attend live, which can be hard when you have a full-time job. There have been countless webinars and resources with recruiters and current coders on how to land a job after graduation. And the portfolio I will have to show future employers is stellar. I am one project away from graduation and I can't wait to move into my new career.
- Amazing value and experience!- 2/24/2021Jaia B • Student • Course: Software Engineer • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPracticum is by far the BEST learning platform I've used. The learning experience is dynamic and fun.
-The curriculum is up to date and very well designed.
-We work on real projects immediately applying what we learn on every module.
-Our projects are reviewed by industry professionals.
-The learning support comes in many ways: dedicated community managers, classmates, tutors, platform support.
-The product team at Practicum is constantly improving the learning experience for students. They TRULY care about us.
-We learn soft and hard skills needed for the real world.
-The learning journey doesn't feel detached or lonely, and THAT is quite the feat for an online bootcamp.
-The price is right. The length of program goes accordingly with the content and value we get from the program. Many bootcamps and online platforms offer much much less and cost 2.5X more.
-They have a free 20 hr program introduction, which is super helpful if you want to find out what the program will be like and if you actually like web development. It's pretty straight forward, there's no catch or nasty surprises.
I honestly don't have any CONS. In the past I tried many platforms and was very disappointed. When I found Practicum, I tried the introductory course and was pleasantly surprised to see that in only 20 hrs they thoroughly taught what other programs would take 2 months to teach in a boring and burdensome way. I was very surprised at the quality of the curriculum and was instantly hooked. Right from the beginning we are shown the practical applications to so many abstract and (many times) difficult concepts.
The program is intense and very rewarding. It has gone above and beyond any expectations I had.
- Web development Student- 2/22/2021Leandra M. • Student • Course: Software Engineer • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubBefore diving into the world of computer programming, I was a secretary at a doctors office. Iloved my coworkers and even liked my job but wasn’t being challengedenough. I was introduced to programming through sites likeCodecademy. I immediately fell in love with learning to code and wanted toknow more. I was lucky enough to be able to leave my full-time job todive into learning further. I started with self-learning through all of thefree sites you have undoubtedly have heard of, but eventually felt like I was in a rut, constantly learningtheory but not putting it into practice or knowing if I was doing itright! I discovered Practicum by Yandex through a Facebook programminggroup I had joined. I took the free introductory course for webdevelopment and flew through it. The promise of real world projects,actual reviews and a community to be a part of convinced me to sign up.I am so happy I did! One of the best things for me is now I haveaccountability. The course is split up into two week “sprints” thatgive me a goal to achieve, which is a great motivator for me. Thesprints are made up of two parts. First is theory, which you read about and then immediately practicein exercises. I’m a hands-on learner myself, so practicing what I justlearned in theory is so helpful. After the theory you work on a real worldproject. For these projects you learn how to use common development tools such as Figma, Github, VScodeand will have a website of your own creation at the end. Your projects are reviewed byprofessional web developers who give further sources for you toresearch if needed and explain why something should be done adifferent way. We also have a live coding session for every sprintthat further explains the theory and helps you see coding in action.If that wasn’t enough, there is a fantastic community of your fellowstudents set up on the chat program Slack. You are able to ask others who are workingon the same project you are questions or get advice. It’s so nice to know I’m notthe only one struggling with a problem or succeeding! You get practicein helping others if you can and there are senior students from othercohorts that help answer questions as well. On top of that, what I’vefound most helpful is my tutor. The tutor is there to answer yourquestions when you don’t know something but in a way that leads you to theanswer instead of just giving you the solution outright.Also I can tell everyone on the Practicum team wants me to succeed.They give you countless resources and listen to your feedback. Theywant to improve the course for all students.If you're on the fence about trying a bootcamp I would say jump overand sign up for Practicum by Yandex, you won't regret it!
- It is a great decision in my life.- 2/22/2021Jack Cai • Perspective Data Scientist • Student • Course: Data Scientist • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI am writing this review as a current student of Practicum Data Science program, we are about half way of the course and I have to say I love almost every single aspect of this program. I will explain why I say 'almost' later on.
First, the good things about this program.
- This is a very affordable program compared to other big names in the market. At least I know I paid only a fraction of what some other programs would have charged me if I went with other big names. Plus, there is a free intro portion of the program you can try and you will have a better idea of the learning process.
- The program is extremely flexible schedule wise. You could be working 40 or even 60 hours a week with your full time job and still are able to fully utilize all study material from the platform, watch all the recording webinars and finish all the tasks and projects. Because you work on your own pace, although there are deadlines for projects and the whole course is consisted of many 2 weeks sprints, there is a project for each sprint, every 3 to 5 sprints will be an integrated project.
- The organization and structure of the Practicum is great. You will have a community manager who oversee all your non-academic concerns including schedules, pacing, complains or even when you need a break. The manager is always available and will try the best to accommodate your needs. Then there are tutors who answer questions for tasks in the learning platform and for questions about project. There is an instructor (highly qualified Data Scientist) who not only answer academic questions but also teaching in webinars. There is reviewers to look at your projects and you might have to resubmit them based on their review. There are student experience specialist and marketing specialist who will reach out to students to learn your needs.
- Given the length of the program( 8months), it covers a lot of ground in its curriculum. The interactive platform where you learn the curriculum is similar to Leetcode style, the platform is good enough to teach you the new concepts and you will apply them to the following tasks. When the whole program is finished, I will have a great overview of data science and know how to apply each part of DS in a real life problem. I actually spent 5-6 months to research different programs online by looking into their reviews and curriculum, I ended up with Practicum because of the strong curriculum and number of projects to be done.
- There are many many more good things about Practicum, but I feel like the 4 points above are most significant to me.
Now, I will talk about why I used 'almost' at the beginning.
1. There are small bugs in the learning platform here and there, you will find yourself spending extra time to fix your 'already correct answer' just to pass the auto grading system. My suggestion is before they fix those small issues, try to ask as soon as you realize you spend too much time on one problem, because most of the practice questions are relatively easy to medium level.
2. Sometimes, the tutors and instructor might not be on the same page of your learning progress, they might not answer questions the way you can understand or they often refer to some technique you are not familiar with, sometimes they might not be on the same page of your project reviewer. So as a student, you have to judge which way to go with and learn from different people and always ready to teach yourself from online resources( you will be given a lot of references). Tutors and instructor are great people and more than qualified for their job, it was just some communication issues( different time zone for example) that keeps them from serving students better.
Overall, I will rate my experience excellent with Practicum and honestly it did exceed my expectation. I tried the Web Development free course as well and found it easier than the Data Science one, I understand why some review said they like Web Development more than the Data Science part from Practicum. If you want to become a Data Scientist, you need to be ready to spend excessive amount of time learning from whichever bootcamp/self learning with online resources or both, the more you put in the more you can get. To me, Practicum is good enough as a bootcamp, if I could not find a job after graduation, I will only blame on myself.
- Zhamshidbek Abdulkhamidov • Student • Course: Data Scientist • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI am currently a student at Suleyman Demirel University and here I have learned the basics of programming and a little about web development. The curiosity of learning and exploring new fields of computer science gave me a push to further expand my skills. However, it would be fair to say that I had an understanding of AI from my secondary school years. To be honest, I would say that I was searching for any courses about data science, but the advertisement for this course was all over there and I could not ignore it. It had been half a year since I have started learning on this platform and I have few things about it.
First of all, I would say that the course content is straight-forward and gathered together, which creates a convenient environment. Secondly, the teaching process is mostly project-based, which means that this school prioritizes self-learning. Last, but not least important feature of this school is that the community is friendly: you can easily discuss your progress and have consultations; get feedback about your projects so that you could spot your issues on time; instructors are available and ready to communicate 24/7.
Most favorite part of the course is that it emphasizes self-learning. I would say that this is the most important asset of accelerating on computer science fields nowadays. I definitely recommend this course to those who are seeking the best approach to get into data science.
- Web Development- 2/16/2021Cayla • Student • Course: Software Engineer • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubThrough unfortunate circumstances, my life changed significantly. I needed a career and I had always been interested in web development and coding. I happened upon Practicum by Yandex's amazing web dev course. They promised to take me from zero experience to job worthy by the end of the ten months. I immediately tried out the initial free course and was very impressed and couldn't wait to dive in completely!
The course is broken down into 15 sprints and a final 7 week project. Each sprint is 2 weeks long. The first week of each sprint is the course work. Here the lessons are broken down into short segments of in depth theory where you will learn not only the what's and how's behind web dev, but also the why's and get full in depth knowledge to use later on in your interviews for future jobs. The short segments are really helpful as it allows for good starting and stopping spots to easily work on the course work during your spare time. After each theory segment there are tasks where you practice the concepts taught. The answers are not just given to you; you have to work at it and understand it before proceeding to the next section. During the second week of each sprint you apply the newly learned skills to ongoing projects. You will complete 3 full projects as well as a final project. The first few sprints work with a project that is only HTML/CSS. Then you have a project in HTML/CSS/JS and lastly you convert the JS project into React and add all the backend functions through node.
Not only are the course work and projects well thought out and wonderfully done, but the class community and staff on the Practicum team is easily accessible and ready to help in any way they can. You will be assigned a cohort of students that go along with you at the same pace. You can even pair program with them and take turns teaching each other to cement the skills you are learning even more concretely. You get to know the students which encourages you to keep up the pace and not fall behind to a different cohort, as the students become your friends. The tutors are very helpful and do weekly videos on troubled topics. They are ready to answer any questions you have or help you when you are stuck on the course work. This amazing team wants you to succeed and will help you do so!
I fully recommend this course. It is phenomenal. Just when you are too tired to continue, they throw in some humor to lighten the mood and keep you going. In this program, you will become a web developer!