practicum-bootcamp-logo

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products offering 30-46 week, online Software Engineer, Data Analyst, and Data Scientist programs. Practicum Bootcamp helps people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live coding sessions. Practicum Bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum Bootcamp guarantees to refund their money.

Practicum Bootcamp is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.

More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum Bootcamp. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. With an average employment rate of 80%, Practicum Bootcamp’s Career Acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum Bootcamps is with their students every step of the way.

Recent Practicum Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (177) reviews for Practicum Bootcamp →

Recent Practicum Bootcamp News

• Data Analyst

Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this six-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech newcomers, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more), and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. A professional data analyst will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $6,900; Monthly cost: $1,100
      Refund / GuaranteePracticum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
    • Data Scientist

Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this nine-month bootcamp, for those with prior tech experience, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. A professional data scientist will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $10,900; Monthly cost: $1,300
    • Software Engineer

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this 10-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech field newcomers, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent software engineer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. A professional software engineer will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $8,900; Monthly cost: $950
    • James Anaya • Graduate

What makes Practicum training stand out is its instructors. Web Development mentors are young and techie. They have a lot of practical experience in what they teach. You actually get to interact with them, and they are ready to help and always available to answer your questions. That's what I call pure dedication. Also, I was very nervous about submitting my first coding for review. Apparently, at 35, I still hate being graded! But after receiving the feedback on my first submission, I stopped thinking about the grades and concentrated on the learning process. Many thanks to instructors and the entire Practicum team for these 9 months of intensive learning (I even code in my dreams now!))). Cheers :)

• Roger R. Francis

This was my first experience with online learning. I had no particular expectations except for wanting to learn how to build a simple website for my side hustle. I started with a free part of the course and finally ended up completing the full 9 months of Web development training! If someone had told me six months ago that I'd write a music app in JavaScript and know how to create websites and admin panels, I would have laughed in their face. But guess what, I did it all, thanks to Practicum!

The thing I liked the most was that there were no big scary chunks of information. On the contrary. The theory was delivered step-by-step in smaller bits and dozes. And the course made us apply them into practice as we went. The interactive platform was very intuitive and learner-friendly. And the mentors were very supportive and commented on every assignment. It's hands down the best course ever. If I could complete it, you can.

• Very well done.
      - 1/15/2020
      Timothy Franks • Graduate

Very well done. The information was well explained in the videos. Every concept was illustrated by a good example and followed by a practical assignment. This helped digest information and understandeach concept clearly. Learners get real-life tasks from the course' day one. This helped me a lot with not forgetting what I'd just learned :DI feel like I was spending more time on my assignments than an average learner (especially when it came to running SQL queries). So mentors' accessibility was highly appreciated. Keeping regular contact with every course instructor really helped me claw through the difficulties of stats and coding.I really recommend this 6-month course to anyone who struggles with basic stats and wants to learn how to structure and analyze data, and how to apply it in business. Thank you, Practicum team, for this intensive learning experience.

• Doris Patton • Graduate

A very apprehensible and exciting approach to teaching! The program is structured really well, my professors were coherent and easy-going, the assigned tasks give you a good glimpse of the real life practical application of what you’re learning, and in case I reached out for help my issue was addressed within a very short timeframe, so I’m going with Practicum for the best education online.

• Jenny Takahashi • Student

Big Data and Data Analysis are the next big things and I wanted to study now so I could get hired later. 7 months, I’m tired, but I keep going, and I wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for this wonderful resource by the name of Practicum. I can learn, practice, ask questions, explore, connect with people and enjoy myself while investing in my future. Moreover, it doesn’t require you to sacrifice all of your free time - 10 hours a week does it perfectly. A+ grade for everything.

• lovely stuff
      - 1/9/2020
      Katie Perez • Graduate

Lovely stuff! I would rate the classes an overall 9/10. Comprehensive, good-looking website. What you are promised is delivered: the classes are exciting, fun and informative, the personnel is friendly and the requirements are fair yet demanding. In my current attempts at upswinging my web-developer career, having Yandex Practikum as my sidekick is very helpful.

• Great job
      - 12/27/2019
      Douglas S. McCall

I’ve been waiting forever to find a platform like this! What I love is how straight-forward everything is, since I’m basically given a free course from as soon as I land on the website. The trial version is 20 hours long, filled with loads of practical tasks to help you get a taste of what you should be studying before you pay a dollar, which caught my attention right away, because that’s how the customer should always be treated. Great job.

• Byron Martinez • Graduate

It’s an amazing platform if you want to get practical knowledge. Practicum by Yandex is a trustworthy service that helped me gain skills that I believe will be useful for my future career. Every course contains free intro classes as well as a full paid option. A trial run is a good way to find out if this course is right for you.

• Barbara Hughes • blogger/writer • Graduate

My name is Jordan, and I am a writer. Or a travel blogger. You name it :) I mostly post on Instagram and Facebook. And even though I've been thinking about a personal website for a while, the idea of building it myself has never even crossed my mind. That's a lie. I tried wix one time but gave up pretty fast. I've always been a humanities kind of kid, so everything that had to do with IT seemed unspeakably boring to me.

When my roommate started taking a course on Practicum, I began to be curious. Naturally, I thought I'd only take a peek at the free part of the course. But the method of practice-driven learning that comes along with the entire program made me enroll full-time. Plus, I was taken aback by how similar can coding be with creative writing! FYI, in my case, full-time meant studying for somewhat 12 hours per week for six months. The emphasis on hands-on experience is how I prefer to learn. And it's still hard to believe, but during the course, I actually built a site, a landing page, and an app! What started as an attempt to scratch an itch of my permanent curiosity (he-he), turned out to be a whole new path to pursue.

Huge thanks to all instructors for your continuous encouragement throughout the course. Thanks for being so gentle when delivering feedback. And lastly, thanks to Practicum for showing me that coding is such a creative thing.

• Pauline Reisman • Software tester • Graduate

As part of the professional development program, my company encouraged everyone on our team to choose and complete any certified IT course. They offered $1000 to cover the costs and a shorter workday for the time of a program. I'm a software tester. But my hobby is designing plots and worlds for board games. I've been meaning to learn web development for a while now because I've always wanted to create websites for the board games I design. So it was perfect timing.

When I came across Practicum by Yandex, it seemed very appealing and affordable. And now, after completion of the course, I'm confident to say my expectations were fully met. I was devoting around 10 hours per week to studying. This included practical part — we've all completed 3 hands-on projects during the training. The things I loved the most about the course were the structure of the feedback and the quality of interaction with my mentors. And I definitely enjoyed the fact that it wasn't too pricey, so the company I work for could cover a hundred percent of the expenses.

Excellent professional development option. If you are in search of one, look no further.

• Kristine Stensland

I was on the hunt for some web development online courses when I stumbled upon Practicum by Yandex. I wasn't sure I would be able to complete it at first, but in the process of learning, I gained the self-confidence I needed! In my opinion, the course structure and material gets the job done really well.