practicum-bootcamp-logo

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products offering 30-46 week, online Software Engineer, Data Analyst, and Data Scientist programs. Practicum Bootcamp helps people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live coding sessions. Practicum Bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum Bootcamp guarantees to refund their money.

Practicum Bootcamp is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.

More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum Bootcamp. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. With an average employment rate of 80%, Practicum Bootcamp’s Career Acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum Bootcamps is with their students every step of the way.

Recent Practicum Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (177) reviews for Practicum Bootcamp →

Recent Practicum Bootcamp News

• Data Analyst

Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this six-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech newcomers, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more), and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. A professional data analyst will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $6,900; Monthly cost: $1,100
      Refund / GuaranteePracticum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
    • Data Scientist

Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this nine-month bootcamp, for those with prior tech experience, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. A professional data scientist will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $10,900; Monthly cost: $1,300
    • Software Engineer

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this 10-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech field newcomers, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent software engineer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. A professional software engineer will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $8,900; Monthly cost: $950
    • Andrew • Student
      I really enjoy how well written and challenging the course becomes. I have taken other courses and all of them are written to where the user doesn’t have to use their mind. Well here you have to and that makes you a better learner!!!
    • Cool community
      - 4/13/2020
      Richard Fobbs • Student
      I am very glad that I decided to start the Yandex Practicum course.

Yandex Practicum creates a really cool community. Newcomers to IT often suffer from the fact that when faced with problems, they cannot / are afraid to ask other people for opinions on how to solve them. Here you will never feel left alone with a problem. Your classmates are a truly amazing source of knowledge. We are all of different levels, we came here with different goals, but everyone is ready to help each other whenever possible. If you are a beginner, it's best way to start.

Thank you Yandex.Practicum for this!
    • Excellent service
      - 4/13/2020
      Vincent • Student
      Practicum by Yandex is an excellent service with very informative courses. I'm glad I made the decision to take the course and have already learned a lot and don't plan on stopping anytime soon. There is a paid portion of the course after the free trial segment I plan on paying for as well. It’s amazing how I can learn an absolutely new profession in just 7 months. After I finish the course, I will for sure find a high paying job cause the demand for IT professionals is at an all time high. I believe that Practicum by Yandex is an incredibly useful platform for future generations to come.
    • Web Development
      - 4/12/2020
      Mike Ball • Student
      I finished the entrance course and it has been great.
      My friends and I competed who would take this course faster. It's really interesting.
    • Bradley Brown
      The best course I've ever taken. Classes were nicely structured. The content went gradually from basic to more complex, helping students adapt to the new concepts. Examples of working code and various hints motivated self-conscious students like me to keep trying! Thanks a lot to the Practicum team!
    • Web Development
      - 3/27/2020
      Matthew Hubbell • Graduate
      I am proud to say I am a professional web developer now. Practicum by Yandex was a great support on this journey! The course is efficiently structured. It includes a lot of tasks and the opportunity to build a useful portfolio starting from the very beginning of the course. The material is both well-organized and well-presented. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact your mentor, who is given to every student for the paid part of the course. Don’t be afraid to commit to the paid part to continue learning. You won’t regret it!
    • Data science
      - 3/26/2020
      Kurt • Student
      I've had some terrible experience previously with trying to learn how to code that left me with a lot of doubts and fear. This course, however, is completely different. You can feel the support of the author from the very introduction in each chapter, and it really boosts your confidence. As you continue, your confidence only increases based upon all your small victories and successes.
    • Micheal Ary • Student
      The structure of the website is quite nice and all of the lessons very informative. The online platform is very user friendly to code on and support response time is quick. At the moment, I have nothing but positive things to say about the website and I do not plan on discontinuing my education with Practicum.
    • Douglas Edmondson • Student
      Recently, I thoroughly tried out Practicum by Yandex and I'd like to share my experience. I enjoyed the service a lot. It’s an entertaining and rewarding way to learn a new specialization. By the end of the course, every student gets the certificate of completion. I took a web development course and was delighted by the result! A lot of opportunities to get comfortable with the study material are presented through practice. It's an effective way to strengthen new skills. By the end of the course, you have completed enough projects by yourself to create a personal portfolio to show your potential future employer.
    • Web development
      - 3/19/2020
      Geraldine Wilson • Graduate
      I’m an interior designer; however, I've made a decision to learn web development on top of that. I was nervous because it was all new to me. Despite my doubts, I had a burning desire to learn. In the beginning, I made a lot of mistakes, but hints and training on the platform came in handy. Thanks a lot to tech support for practical advice. Besides, you have a mentor to guide you throughout the course. It’s a great feature, but it is only accessible during the paid part of the course.
    • Satisfied!
      - 1/22/2020
      Ida Lewis • Graduate

I really enjoyed my mentors – Grigoriy, Darya, and Aleksey! They did a great job making sure to explain the theory in an easy to digest way. At one point, I was really freaking out about my first responsive design assignment. But Grigoriy was so super-reassuring and helpful in his feedback, that I started to feel very confident. As a result, now I know how to design a mobile-first site that will look great on any screen. And more!

The best course ever. Don't hesitate to take it if you want to learn how to build websites and apps. I had no background at all, but those awesome mentors did a very good job explaining the basics. The lectures were easy to follow. Immediate practice and satisfaction after completing every assignment made me want more. And here I am now, a proud owner of the course certificate and all the knowledge I wouldn't get elsewhere. Thanks so much, guys!

• Janice Gray

I was very excited to find this training. I work in web development for several years now. And I am always looking for high-quality learning resources for our interns. I thought an intensive 7-months course would be a great addition to their 20 hours per week internships, and oh my, was I right.

Practicum instructors clearly have real-world industry experience and are tech-native. The whole course leads you from the very basics all to the way up to final project culmination. And I can tell you that the knowledge acquired in this course is very close to what I expect from a junior developer when considering him for a full-time position. Apps and landings projects you work on during the course are far from being trivial. They will prepare you for real-world web development if you work hard enough.

At first, I thought that there was a little too much hand-holding. But then I realized that there are people with no IT background doing it on their own at their homes, so the amount of hand-holding is just about right. Finally, the course is a great quality/price compromise and is adequately timed.