practicum-bootcamp-logo

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products offering 30-46 week, online Software Engineer, Data Analyst, and Data Scientist programs. Practicum Bootcamp helps people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live coding sessions. Practicum Bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum Bootcamp guarantees to refund their money.

Practicum Bootcamp is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.

More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum Bootcamp. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. With an average employment rate of 80%, Practicum Bootcamp’s Career Acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum Bootcamps is with their students every step of the way.

Recent Practicum Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (177) reviews for Practicum Bootcamp →

Recent Practicum Bootcamp News

• Data Analyst

Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this six-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech newcomers, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more), and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. A professional data analyst will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $6,900; Monthly cost: $1,100
      Refund / GuaranteePracticum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
    • Data Scientist

Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this nine-month bootcamp, for those with prior tech experience, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. A professional data scientist will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $10,900; Monthly cost: $1,300
    • Software Engineer

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this 10-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech field newcomers, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent software engineer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. A professional software engineer will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $8,900; Monthly cost: $950
    • Yael • Student
      * The material is very structured with great examples that make it clear and easy to learn.
      * The team makes it feel like home, always trying to assist with various issues and helping you to get through your track.
      * You can start practicing immediately in the course platform, and work on your projects - the installation of the workspace on your PC is not a barrier! you can deal with it later.
      * The course takes you step-by-step with small amounts of theory and small tasks - a great thing if you deal with concentration difficulties!
      * There's practicing from the very begining, you code nice stuff before you notice
      * All the topics you need for your projects are covered in the course texts, no need to drown in a sea of information - you'll know what to search for.
      * Very organized forum for questions about tasks which makes it easy to find what you need quickly.
      * All the necessary material is textual, the videos are usually just a bonus - a great advantage if you are the type of person that loves texts and despises videos like me :)

Besides that, I think you'll need to develop a good coding style on your own, and search for efficient and aesthetic ways to implement your code. I came to this course with some experience in Python coding and with a BSc in electrical engineering, but I don't think that's necessary for studying.
    • Egor Vinogradov • Student
      If you haven’t background in code but you want dive in IT I think this course is good opportunity to start! I hadn’t any background before I started it, any Bachelor or Master in CS. When you start this course you will see that in each lesson has good and precise explanations. If still you have questions you have good community in Slak which happy to help you:) On each stage of the course you will made projects by your own for fixing you new knowledge:) Moreover each 2-3 weeks there are webinars in which you can ask your questions about projects etc. I spend on course 10-12 hours in week and I think that it enough.
    • Andrea DeHart • Student
      I took the intro to data science course. it sounded the most interesting to me of all the intro courses. I really enjoyed taking the intro course. it gave me a good feel of what I was getting into. I didn't realize how long the intro course was when I first took it. I thought it was only going to be a couple of lessons but it was 7 courses with multiple lessons. Everyone was extremely helpful whenever I ran into any issues or needed help with a mistake in my coding.
    • Soon Young Jeoung • Student
      I took the Data Analyst course, and this was so great.
      It was useful to me, and I could learned alot.
      Same type of questions are keep coming up. Also, advisor is keep tracking for how is the processing my course.
      I believe I could learn lots of codes from this course.
      The thing is sometimes hint is little bit hard to understand and weak.
      However, always there is agent who could help me. so send the link then they will help me.
    • Cassandra Cook • Designer • Student
      Thia introductory course in web development is the best time that I've ever taken. It had good real world examples. I'm an experienced web developer and was taught some new techniques. I especially liked their explanation of the box model - with padding, borders, and margins.
    • Ibtehaz Utsay • Student
      Yandex is basically the Google if Russia that provides a much more secure platform. Practicum is one of their initiatives that is well structured and intuitive, whilst making programming skills accessible to everyone with a desire to learn. The teaching experts and support in the slack channel is highly responsive and knowledgeable.
    • Kyle W • Student
      This was my first experience learning about Python, but the Practicum system made it super easy! They made sure to explain how everyone function worked and included great summary sheets at the end of each chapter for easy reference. There were a few frustrating tasks where I had some persistent errors, but that was usually due to a silly mistake on my part than the fault of the program. Overall, I'd highly recommend this course to someone looking to learn about Python and as a springboard to more advanced courses. Also, there was a great community with this where people asked questions and provided feedback.
    • DS course
      - 5/13/2020
      Vladimir • IT-consultant • Student
      A good link between brief theory and instant practice makes you grow faster.
      That's what you can get here.
    • Vy Vuong • Student
      I'm a beta tester for the Practicum by Yandex on the Data Scientist Track. The strengths of the program lie in their real-life data, real-industry data tasks and systematic curriculum. I like the way they stipulate the research question at the beginning of each lesson, then give a summary of how the lesson will help learners decipher that question via data analysis. The big question at the beginning will then be divided into smaller tasks with corresponding data analysis lessons. They wrap up the lesson by pointing out how the learner's progress has helped to answer the question and what the next steps are. I find this process very helpful and exciting since it makes me act as if I was a real data scientist. A special shout-out for the technical support team, teaching assistant and community managers for being so responsive, attentive and friendly (they always put a smiling icon after their explanation/message) to learners' theoretical questions as well as their challenges in coding or keeping up with the learning process. There were some points during the process I thought I could have given up had there not been their timely support and encouragement. There are two things I think the platform can improve to help learners excel more in their work: the use of English language and adding more theories. I am not a native English speaker, sometimes I found it difficult to understand what the instructions are on the platform since their English syntaxes sound unfamiliar to me. I also hope to get more theories on data science. Since it's still in its testing period, I believe the team will soon fix all these bumpy issues and the new generation of learners will have the best learning experience as they can!
    • Ofir • Student
      Practicum by Yandex (the Russian tech giant) is a new platform for learning data science, and has a lot of potential for growth in my opinion.
      While the fact that it's a new platform does mean it still has a few bumps here and there, they are quickly fixed - and the team comes up with new ideas and initiatives for enhancing the learning process.
      The team does their absolute best to be there for you, from the community managers, through the instructors all the way to a dedicated 24/7 support team.
      For an online platform, it has two novel and welcome additions - biweekly (every two weeks is a 'sprint', a learning subject) webinars and personal projects. Those projects, in my opinion, are the highlight of this program - they enable you to express yourself as a data scientist, with constructive, personal feedback.
      In addition, at the end of the program they offer aid landing your first job, but I haven't reached that part yet.

One thing I'm missing a bit is an emphasis on data science theory. But, well - even Practicum's name implies at its dedication for implementation and hands-on experience. In any case, a good data scientist has to know how to find new textbooks and research papers :)
    • I love it!
      - 5/8/2020
      Linda Kovacs • Web Developer and Designer
      I'm a remote freelancer with many years of experience in the field and this year due to Coronavirus I decided to accept an invitation form Women Who Code to become a beta-tester of the Practicum by Yandex platform. I joined the Web Developer Professional Certificate Program.
      When I joined the Program I was convinced that my prior professional experience will make it easy to surf the program. To my surprise, I got overwhelmed with things I thought I was doing great at before like CSS. It’s true I never knew about BEM which blew my mind and at certain point got me confused, it was hard and frustrating.  Code reusability is the the main focus of the Bootcamp. Actually, Practicum curriculum brought me additional value as Developer and Designer to align my knowledge to the latest accessibility and Web standards.
      I thought I will be able to finish easily this course but it is not this way! I got surprised to see that I tripped on the simplest part I considered before the CSS. I was expecting to experience some issues when we get to the algorithms, JavaScript, React, back end parts that are well known to be more challenging even for developers with experience.
      The Program of 9-10 months is based on Sprints that gives you the right tools to use when building the projects every 2-3 weeks. The review process and the projects activities gives you the real world work environment and prepare you to be ready to join any Company’s Developer team at any time. The Sprints are build having in mind the job ready Developers.
      The curriculum is geared to make you build your portfolio of projects by following the original mockup design files. You will collaborate through GitHub using a professional developer's workflow that will help you in your Developer job.
      I don’t have enough words to recommend Practicum by Yandex Curriculum, join today and you will be definitely happy with your choice! Give it a try! https://practicum.yandex.com/
    • Web Development
      - 4/18/2020
      Maria Merk • Student
      This is a beautifully designed course! Everything is very clear and interesting. It was a great pleasure to dive into the study of new knowledge. Thank you!