practicum-bootcamp-logo

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp

Practicum Bootcamp is a family of digital re-skilling products offering 30-46 week, online Software Engineer, Data Analyst, and Data Scientist programs. Practicum Bootcamp helps people with versatile backgrounds learn a new profession online and kickstart a sustainable career in tech. Each bootcamp includes full access to an interactive online platform, real-life projects, tutor support from experienced developers, code reviews, online webinars, and live coding sessions. Practicum Bootcamp stands on the quality of the programs; if a student doesn't secure a position within six months of graduating, Practicum Bootcamp guarantees to refund their money.

Practicum Bootcamp is open to students of all experience levels. The only requirement is a high school diploma.

More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum Bootcamp. Students graduate with professional certificates and portfolios with 6 to 15 projects to show to potential employers. With an average employment rate of 80%, Practicum Bootcamp’s Career Acceleration program provides graduates with the competitive edge they need to succeed. From resume-building to job offer negotiation, Practicum Bootcamps is with their students every step of the way.

Recent Practicum Bootcamp Reviews: Rating 4.83

all (177) reviews for Practicum Bootcamp →

Recent Practicum Bootcamp News

• Data Analyst

Data Analytics , Data Structures, Data Visualization, Python, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this six-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech newcomers, you will master the skills required to become a data analyst and build a portfolio of 12 projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from various industries (e-commerce, taxi services, advertising, and more), and are designed to highlight a range of skills relevant to business analytics, hypothesis testing, and presenting results. A professional data analyst will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $6,900; Monthly cost: $1,100
      Refund / GuaranteePracticum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed.
    • Data Scientist

Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this nine-month bootcamp, for those with prior tech experience, you will master the skills required to become a data scientist and build a portfolio of 15+ projects. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. The projects are based on real data from a range of industries: e-commerce, taxi services, mining, and more. A professional data scientist will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $10,900; Monthly cost: $1,300
    • Software Engineer

CSS, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Node.js, SQL
      Start Date August 18, 2022
      Over this 10-month re-skilling bootcamp for tech field newcomers, you'll acquire the skills you need to become an excellent software engineer. Practicum stands on the quality of the programs; if you don't secure a position within six months of graduating, we'll refund your money — guaranteed. Theory and practice will take place on our interactive platform. You'll work on six real, industry-level projects: a webpage made with HTML & CSS; an adaptive website; an interactive social network; a website built with React, a back-end server using Node.js; and a full-fledged independent web application. A professional software engineer will check each line of your code to make sure it works the way it's supposed to and conforms to industry best practices. In addition to educational projects, you will work on case studies for real companies, and add professional-level projects to your portfolio. Students will have one-to-one sessions with a career coach to develop a job-search strategy, and 4+ free hours of mock interviews to gain the confidence to nail a real one. More than 5,000 students have already chosen Practicum. With your community of peers always accessible via Slack, expert technical assistance, and ongoing emotional support, you'll never feel alone.
      Tuition PlansUpfront cost: $8,900; Monthly cost: $950
    • Yanina Khitrova
       For a long time I felt that I need a career change but I wasn't sure where to go. I tries various courses on Coursera and Udemy but without much success. In the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, I saw a Yandex Practicum ad on Facebook and decided to try the Data Analyst program. In the beginning, I wasn't even sure that I will be able to finish it because the whole topic was pretty new to me. But as I was doing it, I got more and more interested and involved in the program. The main program starts with a lesson about mindset and it really helped me improve my attitude. The course is structured in just the right way to involve students and keep it interesting. There are tons of practice tasks from the very beginning with increasing difficulty. The theoretical parts are clearly written and followed by exercises and real life projects. All exercises and projects pretty challenging so you can feel the growing confidence after completing it. All projects are get checked by an industry professionals. They provide really valuable feedback. Sometime you may need to correct and resubmit the project several times until it is done correctly and accepted by reviewer. During the program, I completed 12 projects and one additional project, so the portfolio is pretty impressing. Another great part of the program are biweekly webinars. During the webinar, students could see the how the data analyst works on different real life problems and real time coding sessions. The webinars give more live interactions to the program.
      The program teaches all technical and soft skills needed to junior data analyst:
      -    Python programming language with libraries like Pandas, Matplotlib, Seaborn, Plotly, etc.
      -    Jupiter Notebook
      -    SQL queries and data processing
      -    Data preprocessing with Python
      -    Exploratory and statistical data analysis
      -    Business analytics and A/B test
      -    Data visualization (graphs and dashboards) with Python libraries and Tableau
      -    Automation and machine learning basics
      As a student, I feel constant support from the Practicum team: community managers, mentor, technical support and from fellow students. You can ask any question in the chat and get needed help pretty fast. Sometimes there could be some time lag because the team can be located in the other part of the world but technical support helps really fast anyway.
      I also need to mention the career support program where student can get various help with resume writing, portfolio preparation, attend webinars with technical recruiters and career couches and much more.
      To make the program even more appealing, I would make some suggests:
      *  I would add kind of "tutor-on-duty" to answer the questions of the students from the different time zones. Sometimes, I got stuck in some tasks and could not move forward. I had to wait the help from my tutor till the next day because of the time difference. It could be pretty annoying for people with the packed schedules.
      * It would be very useful to have both way communication with the reviewer.
      * Also, after completion of the projects, it would be very interesting to see other students' projects or best projects from the previous cohorts.
      Thank you Yandex Practicum Team for the great program, for the opportunity to be part of the great community, and opportunity to grow as a professional.
    • Grant W • Student
       Like many other novice developers, I've found myself stuck in a tutorial loop which felt inescapable. I had been trying to make a career switch, but was frustrated with the endless "beginner" code camps which often resulted in just copying and pasting code. I had even completed a FullStack Javascript program from a competitor and felt abandoned the moment I got my certificate. Luckily, I didn't give up and I found Practicum. The course lessons are very interesting and tend to dive a bit deeper than most other programs to ensure you learn the "Why" behind the code. They even sprinkle lessons throughout the curriculum dedicated to helping transfer careers! I've made some great relationships with my instructors who I'm glad to call my mentor. Thank you Practicum for helping me break into my dream career!
    • Data Scientist
      - 11/6/2020
      Shuki Zanyovka • Software Architect • Graduate
      The Yandex Practicum is an online course that provides the basic tools for a Data Scientist including a solid platform for studying the more advanced subjects. The course is an 8 months long program, in which there are a lot of mini-courses regarding multiple subjects in the field. Each of the courses includes a project which is checked carefully by the Practicum staff to provide constructive feedback to the student. In short, it's a great jumpstart towards the world of Data Science for students of any background who need the Data Science tools for their jobs or just for fun :-).
    • Data Analyst
      - 10/29/2020
      Sheryl K • Graduate
      I felt cared for and supported throughout the learning process.

We completed lessons on the platform and projects on our own. The projects were reviewed and approved or returned for improvements. Every improvement was worth while and significantly increased the quality of my work.

I went from feeling a bit overwhelmed to feeling excited about the next task.

“How does this work?” became “I know I can do this!”

• Wilhelmina Tetteh
      I started the Web developer intro course a few week ago and let me tell you, i really enjoyed the whole experience. My favorite parts were;
      1. How simply topics are explained ( with everyday, easy to understand language ).Ive done other online courses in the past and i admit that now i understand certain concepts better now in this course
      2. The projects are taken step by step and i liked the story telling part of it. ( i felt like a a real Web Developer building cool stuff in days . lol)
      3. support:  There is always someone  from the Yandex team or other students to help you or un-block you when you are stuck .
      They constantly check on you and find out how learning is going. I really appreciate that.

Lastly, the Yandex learning  platform is really clean, organized and "clutter-free" . If you are like me and you don't like busy pages with  stuff  all over the place, Yandex is for you. Clean UI

I'll definitely like to continue with the other courses after the intro course.

• Enyel Sequeira • Full-stack engineer • Student
      After finishing a full-stack web development boot-camp, I felt lost and was definitely not ready for a job in the web development world. Since then, I knew that boot camps were not meant for me, but then I was going through Facebook and saw this ad for being a beta test for this new course that Practicum had, that one being a web development course. In my mind, I was skeptical. I already knew how boot-camps worked and how all they care about most of the time is to make money without caring whether the students learn or not, but I decided to give it a try; after all, it couldn’t hurt, and I was a beta test. I’ve decided to enroll and did the introductory week and learned more in 2 weeks than I did in 2 months in my other boot-camp. Ever since I started, it has been quite a ride, with impressive and up to date materials. You’re not just reading and asked to do something that you have no idea how to do, you get to practice all that you’ve learned, and then you get a task. The other great thing is that while you are learning, you are also learning Agile methodology, which is used for most companies out there. Now the tasks can be difficult and challenging at time, but you have a fantastic community and a tutor that is always willing to answer your questions. Reviews are the same way, they can seem as they are too picky at times, but in reality, they are trying to review your code as an actual company would. Thanks to Practicum, I could definitely say I am way better developer than I was when I came out of my other boot-camp and thanks to them, I now feel like confident enough to enter the field
    • Rachelle P • Data Analyst
      This program is no joke!! It is HARD but you will learn. Each part is split into smaller courses. In each course, there are lessons and tasks to test your grasp of the material. Projects are spread out based on 2-week sprints. In each sprint, you are task with getting through certain lessons and a project. The lessons will take hours and so does the project. If you are really not committed to about 20 hours a week it will be hard to complete (at least in the first week of each sprint with hours spread out  WHENEVER you can), but you will feel SO accomplished after each sprint and project is completed. Slack is very structured and helpful. They believe in publicly stating your questions (rather than private DMs) which turns the students into a community helping each other get through.  The staff is exceptional addressing ANY question and doing webinars showing you harder parts. Honestly, plain and simple. This is the best online course I have ever seen in my life!!! You will push yourself and accomplish things you never though you could. Practicum is making magic.
    • Bhadresh Savani • System Engineer • Student
      I was part of the Data Science track at Practicum. I learn about Data Processing, Exploratory Data Analysis, Statistical Data Analysis Technics, SQL, Machine Learning related concepts. The best thing about this Bootcamp is a project which is reviewed by professionals of Data science. There were around 15 different projects. You can ask any question related to Data Science and learning in the course to instructors, the answers were really helpful. The slack workspace is really organized well. What in most like about the Bootcamp is the end of the sprint webinar.

During this Bootcamp course, I transformed my career in the NLP domain from Full stack development. The concepts I learned here related to data handling and preprocessing, I use it in my workspace now.
    • Margarita Sandomirskaya • Tech Recruiter/Jr. Data Analyst • Student
      I have been working in the tech field for almost 4 years, but as an HR specialist, I never coded. I mean, I saw some code and even stopped being so afraid of it, but I never thought about coding on my own. I knew I should automate simple repetitive tasks and that it is a nice idea to get experience in web scraping. Before I found out about Practicum, I thought that I’d have to spend lots of time and money in order to get these skills.

After studying for about 4 months, I can scrape data, and I no longer need Google Sheets/Excel for analytics tasks, because I have Python. Moreover, due to the project approach implemented in Practicum, I can do “full-stack” analytics — from preprocessing and making complex SQL queries to drawing fancy graphs and conclusions in Jupyter Notebook.

Some things now look simpler, although other ones look like a whole new world. For instance, right now we're learning about A/B tests, and there are so many little nuances that I would never say that it is just about how to color buttons and split users. I wonder what other surprises are expecting me later on...
    • Lindsey Naylor • Student
      I’ve been a student in Practicum’s full Data Scientist course for a little while now and man is it a lot of information. As a recent graduate with a degree in Data Analytics, I’m well aware of the scope of this industry right now (Unsupervised vs Supervised Learning, Data Warehousing, Networking, Text Analysis, Machine Learning, the list goes on!). There is simply so much material out there that it is difficult to know where to start. Peer to peer, I’ll be honest. This course requires a tremendous investment of time, more so for those completely new to the material, and potentially more than the developers have suggested. That said, it is also the best course I’ve found on the market today. Not only do you have exclusive access to collaborative community channels, you have 24/7 live support from the Practicum team, opportunities for one-on-one help with your tutor, and a multitude of supplemental resources to help you along your journey. Let me be clear, this is a boot camp course. It is intense. It is hard and it will test you. I’m not personally done with my course yet, but I have already gained so much already, some of which I’ve added to my resume. I wholeheartedly recommend this course and please feel free to reach out to me if you’d like more information.
    • Data Analyst Track
      - 8/24/2020
      Kuldeep Changia • Advanced Business Analyst • Applicant
      I recently completed the first phase of the Data Analyst course using Python at Practicum by Yandex as a beta tester.

Considering the fact that my track record of starting numerous courses across various platforms always ended up with me leaving the course mid-way for some reason or the other. (Read laziness and procastination)

Yandex, was a totally diffrent experience for 3 main reasons:

1) Deadlines: Considering each of the modules have a 2 week deadline attached to it, this sense of urgency actually helped a lazy person like me. However, there are options available in case you miss these deadlines but still having a sword above my head helped 😃

2) Projects: Besides the regular lessons,  there is a project that needs to be done for each sprint, Also at the end of any particular phase an integrated project awaits you that tests in amalgation all that you have learnt across the various sprints. Each of the project is checked and reviewed by tutors with comments to improve

3) Tutoring and Slack Community: there is a super amazing  slack channel and a very well versed group of professional tutors at your disposal to help you understand concepts and guide you whenever you are stuck.

I can't thank these guys enough! A great experience so far!
       #datascience #python