nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Athens, Atlanta, Atlanta, Austin, Austin, Baltimore, Baltimore, Bellingham, Billings, Boise, Boulder, Boulder, Cambridge, Cambridge, Charleston, Charleston, Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Chicago, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Denver, Denver, Detroit, Detroit, Durham, Fayetteville, Fort Collins, Fort Lauderdale, Fresno, Greensboro, Honolulu, Houston, Houston, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Irvine, Irvine, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Lincoln, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Louisville, Madison, Marysville, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, New York City, Oakland, Omaha, Online, Orange County, Orem, Orlando, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Reno, Reno, Richmond, Riverside, Rochester, Rochester, Sacramento, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Diego, San Diego, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Jose, San Jose, Savannah, Seattle, Seattle, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Stamford, St. Louis, St. Paul, St. Paul, Tacoma, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, Washington, Washington, Wilmington, Wilmington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 22-week full stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the U.S. and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn online during the week, and meet in-person with their instructor and classmates on the weekends. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps. Nucamp also offers a 4-week introduction bootcamp teaching the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as a 17-week front end web and mobile development bootcamp.

There are up to 12 students per class, and one dedicated instructor. Students learn languages such as Javascript, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, React, React Native, and MongoDB. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. By the end of the program, students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.76

all (687) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

Read all (5) articles about Nucamp →
  • Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
    LocationWashington, Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Express your Creativity and create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat Breakdown of our 17 Week Course 1. Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap In this course you will learn how to build websites that can be developed once for all screen sizes using the Bootstrap library. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. 2. Front End JavaScript Library, React In this course you will learn the #1 Javascript library for building websites: React. You will also be introduced to advanced aspects of JavaScript ES6, React Components and will develop React-Redux based applications. 3. Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native This course is where the magic happens! You will learn to update and package the responsive website built using Bootstrap and React and publish it as a true mobile application to the Apple Store or Google Play. Using React Native and the Expo SDK to access all native hardware capabilities of modern phones and tablets.
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    Prep WorkYou need to have a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. We offer a 4-week course that covers this.
  • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat. In addition to learning Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap, Javascript, and React you will dive further into Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native and Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. At the end of 22 weeks you will walk away with a strong portfolio of projects that showcase your abilities and talents
    Tuition PlansPayment can be made up front or on a weekly basis over five payments.
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.
  • NuCamp Review
    - 4/5/2020
    Guyton  User Photo
    Guyton • Verified via LinkedIn
    I think I learned a lot in a sort time, even if some of the course materials were a bit (in my opinion) out of order and should be a bit more in depth. That being said, I gained access to a lot of resources and information I did not previously have, and I feel confident that I should be able to apply those concepts int he near future.
  • Nucamp
    - 4/4/2020
    Will Peterson  User Photo
    Will Peterson • Verified via LinkedIn
    It is probably the best bang for your buck, when it comes to learning web development. Don't get me wrong, it is a time commitment, but when it comes to learning, and being able to maintain your schedule, it is probably your best bet.
  • James Grigoras  User Photo
    James Grigoras • Student Verified via GitHub
    I am currently enrolled in the Full-Stack/Mobile Bootcamp and I am absolutely loving my experience. I just finished my first section and I am very excited to see where this takes me. My instructor so far has been the best at everything! He is extremely knowledgable about what we are learning at he makes it fun! I would 1000% recommend this boot camp to anyone!
  • Layla  User Photo
    Layla • Student Verified via GitHub
    I've just finished the Bootstrap course, have a week of "break" (I'll probably keep working on my portfolio project which, thankfully, can always be better!), and then I'll be going on to the React and through the entire Fullstack program!

Having just completed 5 weeks of working with my instructor periodically throughout the week and for a few hours each Saturday, I feel a bit sad to no longer have class with her.  I trust that future instructors will be just as wonderful, and I can still find her on our Nucamp Slack, which has channels for each cohort, each cohort's location, each class section, a general channel, a random channel, and more! There are lots of opportunities to connect, even while we are all forced to be remote (thanks, COVID-19!). It is cohort-based, so I do get to have some familiar faces in the next class!

I highly recommend being very intentional about working with a partner on your portfolio project. And about learning how to use github. It is possible to make it through the course without doing much of either, just as it's possible to cut corners on so many things. Don't. You want those skills.

In the end, I feel much more familiar with how html, css, scss, bootstrap, javascript, and jquery work together to build a website, and I've developed a patience and focus to work on one small bit at a time, with the greater picture in mind. I did have some familiarity with these things before, but there was still a lot to learn as I went through the exercises and challenges.

Overall, I would recommend this course to anyone that wants to have structured study of the basic web development fundamentals. It doesn't go ridiculously deep, as it's only 5 weeks long and part time, but it will let you keep your job and it will give you a lot to chew on. You will be able to assemble a website and run it locally. You will know how to format it to make it look prettier. And you might even have fun figuring it out.
  • Kervin  User Photo
    Kervin • Customer Care Specialist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose nucamp for the flexibility of working at my full-time job and still being able to have a boot-camp that met in person. The price was great and am so happy with my decision.
  • Ian De Jesus  User Photo
    Ian De Jesus • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp because of affordability and accessibility. Nucamp instructors are very informative and insightful. The curriculum is very flexible and the Nucamp Community is very welcoming when it comes to seeking advice.
  • Rebekah Hoopengarner  User Photo
    Rebekah Hoopengarner • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Nucamp because of its flexible schedule, since I have a full-time job and cannot take regular classes. I ended up really liking the Saturday workshops, and find the learning style during the week to be challenging, but not impossible. I'd recommend this course to anyone! It does take a good amount of self-discipline, but the course information is usually engaging enough to keep you interested and wanting to learn more. All the instructors are super helpful and kind, and genuinely want to see you succeed.
  • Mary  User Photo
    Mary • Student Verified via GitHub
    Nucamp is an outstanding bootcamp.  It is perfect for those of us who have a day job.  I spent 14-20 hours per week including Saturday morning team meetings.  My instructor was very knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful.  It was fun to learn in a group where we could share ideas.  They say you get what you pay for, so I was skeptical, since Nucamp is so much less than the 5-figure full-time bootcamps, but this is totally worth the money!  I highly recommend Nucamp and I'll be taking more courses from them.
  • Alejandro Aucestovar  User Photo
    Alejandro Aucestovar • Student Verified via GitHub
    NuCamp doesn't teach you everything about front end development but they put you in a very good learning situation/environment.  The basics they teach you are pure fundamentals that are absolutely needed in order to become a very good developer.  React and React Native are excellent courses!
  • Jose Ruiz Gomez  User Photo
    Jose Ruiz Gomez • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp because it was the bootcamp that provided me with the best option to study remotely and on my own time, while also giving me live access to an instructor twice a week and to a whole community 24/7 through Slack. Saturday classes were well-paced and full of exercises that tested what we had learned during that week. Amy, our instructor, was always helpful and attentive.
  • Nucamp
    - 3/1/2020
    Sean M  User Photo
    Sean M • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp because of cost and study flexibility. I just finished my Bootstrap Course; I loved my experience at Nucamp and with meeting with my other classmates weekly.

Nucamp Outcomes

$N/A

Of the students who enroll at Nucamp, 75% graduated. 100% of graduates were job-seeking and 78% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of . Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 1131 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance