nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Athens, Atlanta, Atlanta, Austin, Austin, Baltimore, Baltimore, Bellingham, Billings, Boise, Boulder, Boulder, Cambridge, Cambridge, Charleston, Charleston, Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Chicago, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Denver, Denver, Detroit, Detroit, Durham, Fayetteville, Fort Collins, Fort Lauderdale, Fresno, Greensboro, Honolulu, Houston, Houston, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Irvine, Irvine, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Lincoln, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Louisville, Madison, Marysville, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, New York City, Oakland, Omaha, Online, Orange County, Orem, Orlando, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Reno, Reno, Richmond, Riverside, Rochester, Rochester, Sacramento, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Diego, San Diego, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Jose, San Jose, Savannah, Seattle, Seattle, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Stamford, St. Louis, St. Paul, St. Paul, Tacoma, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, Washington, Washington, Wilmington, Wilmington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 22-week full stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the U.S. and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn online during the week, and meet in-person with their instructor and classmates on the weekends. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps. Nucamp also offers a 4-week introduction bootcamp teaching the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as a 17-week front end web and mobile development bootcamp.

There are up to 12 students per class, and one dedicated instructor. Students learn languages such as Javascript, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, React, React Native, and MongoDB. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. By the end of the program, students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.76

all (687) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

Read all (5) articles about Nucamp →
  • Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
    LocationWashington, Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Express your Creativity and create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat Breakdown of our 17 Week Course 1. Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap In this course you will learn how to build websites that can be developed once for all screen sizes using the Bootstrap library. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. 2. Front End JavaScript Library, React In this course you will learn the #1 Javascript library for building websites: React. You will also be introduced to advanced aspects of JavaScript ES6, React Components and will develop React-Redux based applications. 3. Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native This course is where the magic happens! You will learn to update and package the responsive website built using Bootstrap and React and publish it as a true mobile application to the Apple Store or Google Play. Using React Native and the Expo SDK to access all native hardware capabilities of modern phones and tablets.
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    Prep WorkYou need to have a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. We offer a 4-week course that covers this.
  • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat. In addition to learning Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap, Javascript, and React you will dive further into Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native and Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. At the end of 22 weeks you will walk away with a strong portfolio of projects that showcase your abilities and talents
    Tuition PlansPayment can be made up front or on a weekly basis over five payments.
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.
  • Overall Experience:
    I just completed the course and went ahead and moved forward with enrolling in the upcoming Full Stacked course. I have ZERO background in programming and I strongly feel that taking this Fundamental course was impactful. The Fundamental course provided the foundations I needed and I utilized other tools like youtube to learn more about those concepts. I really liked the small class size and felt I was able to get a lot of one on one help from my instructor, Mr. Ahmed. He made my experience a very pleasant one. He is full of knowledge and guided our class throughout every workshop. I'll update my review after I complete my Full Stack course.
  • th3hungryd3v  User Photo
    th3hungryd3v • Student • Student Verified via GitHub
    I just finished up the Web Dev Fundamentals course and this is my review of that curriculum: First, this course is not meant to make you job-ready Web Developer and they even tell you that in their Open House videos on Youtube. This is mainly to get your proverbial feet wet in reading, writing, and applying code, as well as, to see if this is something you actually enjoy doing. I signed up for this course after the COVID-19 pandemic hit, so the workshops were all done through zoom, online. For $349, you'll have access to their gazillion slack channels, knowledgeable instructors, and other people from your community, even people from other communities! One of the main reasons I chose NuCamp: Budget. I don't have the resources or the funds to be able to afford the other bootcamps I was also interested in. Location: I have my own family and I can't simply have them uproot to move to a different state, just so I can attend a bootcamp. Community: Not only would I get the chance to meet other people who were in the same boat, but because we're in the same state, we could potentially meetup at a local spot to code together in person, outside of the classroom. You can learn everything in this curriculum by yourself for free, but it never hurt anybody to have access to a community and staff on hand to make sure you're learning properly, which makes the learning process a bit more enjoyable and efficient. Before finishing this course, I'd already signed up for the full stack because I'm interested in learning more about the front-end as well as the back-end. This course will prepare you for what's to come, whether it's the front-end web design or the full-stack path courses they offer. tl;dr: So far, So Go0d!
  • Drue  User Photo
    Drue • DevOps Cloud Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    It's been both, a challenging and exciting educational path. It's no joke that you have to invest the time needed to learn this program, so be sure to come ready to learn. I've appreciated the method in which content is presented. Nice, bite size pieces, straight to the point with supporting exercises.

Looking forward to my next steps with the full stack program.
  • NUCAMP
    - 6/15/2020
    sam  User Photo
    sam • Student Verified via GitHub
    I am very satisfied with this course! The teaching style actually worked really well for me, and I was able to stay motivated with the other students via slack, that really helped a lot!  I am looking forward to starting the Full Stack module tomorrow!
  • Bootstrap
    - 6/14/2020
    Nao Jija  User Photo
    Nao Jija Verified via GitHub
    I like Nucamp because it focuses on practical stuff! Here is my expectation when I'm taking some classes or going through a training: I like to see most of the theories/knowledge that I learned - being applied in developing some website or application; Nucamp gives me a lot of hands on training to try and implement different things and it meets my expectation so far. I hope it will do the same for the rest of the courses.
  • Nucamp
    - 6/13/2020
    Seth Thurnau  User Photo
    Seth Thurnau • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Nucamp is a wonderful program for aspiring web developers of a variety of knowledge and skill levels.
  • Overall Experience:
    This review is after the Front End Bootcamp & before the Back End Bootcamp.

Nucamp does a great job of giving you a strong foundation for most of React & React Native for web & mobile development. I strongly feel I can build my own portfolio of websites & mobile apps with what we've learned. The only thing I would improve about the course is finding an easier way to understand Redux. I personally think it will take extra resources to understanding Redux beyond the course.

The other thing I want to mention is that the course doesn't go into libraries beyond an introduction and basic functionalities. They fully expect you to delve deeper into each library to gain beyond a basic understanding which is completely understandable but something I personally would have liked to be in the course.

The instructors I've had were all incredibly helpful and working along-side students even in an online-only setting was a great experience. My personal recommendation is that if you decide to do the Bootcamp, do your project with a partner. It helps you learn from them, holds you accountable and you are forced to learn Git very well.

Overall 9/10 for the cost/value/time I spent on the Bootcamp.

If you would live to view my project portfolio from the course you can find it here: https://github.com/stevenCsaunders/fit-brews-react
    My partner & I worked on it together as students. Note: My partner is a professional UI/UX Designer so it's quite pretty visually for a project and I was able to learn quite a bit from him.

If you found my review helpful, my referral code is: WM9NKZ
  • Chris  User Photo
    Chris • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Nucamp because of the price, and the flexible workflow. Sunday-Friday online, and 9 am-1 pm workshop on Saturdays (In-person or Online because of Covid-19) is doable since I work full-time. I liked collaborating with my classmates, and my instructor was great and very helpful. The only issue I have is the way the material is presented.  The person doing the videos sounds like she's reading from a script, and quite frankly doesn't sound very lively. I've taken courses on Udemy and the instructor has a way of catching your attention. I could do a course on Udemy, and the next thing I know three hours have passed. I watch the videos on Nucamp, and I find myself losing focusing, and fiddling with my phone. All in all, Nucamp is a great Bootcamp, and every dime I spent was worth it! I don't regret taking the course, and I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn code.

• Nucamp
    - 6/13/2020
    Brandon  User Photo
    Brandon Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp because of their online offerings and flexible part time learning. Nucamp has been everything I expected and everyone from my fellow classmates, instructors, and students in slack have been very helpful!
  • Pamela Dyer  User Photo
    Pamela Dyer • Student Verified via GitHub
    I choose it because of the price.  I loved the Saturday workshops with the instructor Steven Williams. He was very knowledgeable and patient with us to help us gain information/concepts.

Wish there were more classroom time like that than just being self-paced through the week.
  • Hayat Ibrahim  User Photo
    Hayat Ibrahim • Independent Contractor • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Nucamp was a great fit for me and my family's schedule. The tuition fee is with in our budget and  affordable, the material and instructors are great. I am so glad to make the decision on joining Nucamp.

Nucamp Outcomes

$N/A

Of the students who enroll at Nucamp, 75% graduated. 100% of graduates were job-seeking and 78% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of . Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 1131 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance