nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Atlanta, Baltimore, Bellingham, Charleston, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Dallas, Dallas, Detroit, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Irvine, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Marysville, Minneapolis, Nashville, Oakland, Online, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reno, Riverside, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Spokane, St. Paul, Tacoma, Washington, Washington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 22-week full stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the U.S. and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn online during the week, and meet in-person with their instructor and classmates on the weekends. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps. Nucamp also offers a 4-week introduction bootcamp teaching the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as a 17-week front end web and mobile development bootcamp.

There are up to 12 students per class, and one dedicated instructor. Students learn languages such as Javascript, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, React, React Native, and MongoDB. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. By the end of the program, students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.78

all (999) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

Read all (10) articles about Nucamp →
  • Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
    LocationWashington, Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Express your Creativity and create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat Breakdown of our 17 Week Course 1. Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap In this course you will learn how to build websites that can be developed once for all screen sizes using the Bootstrap library. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. 2. Front End JavaScript Library, React In this course you will learn the #1 Javascript library for building websites: React. You will also be introduced to advanced aspects of JavaScript ES6, React Components and will develop React-Redux based applications. 3. Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native This course is where the magic happens! You will learn to update and package the responsive website built using Bootstrap and React and publish it as a true mobile application to the Apple Store or Google Play. Using React Native and the Expo SDK to access all native hardware capabilities of modern phones and tablets.
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$8/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    Prep WorkYou need to have a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. We offer a 4-week course that covers this.
  • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat. In addition to learning Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap, Javascript, and React you will dive further into Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native and Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. At the end of 22 weeks you will walk away with a strong portfolio of projects that showcase your abilities and talents
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$10/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.
  • Kasey • Administrative & Technology Manager • Student

I chose Nucamp as a way to further my career in IT services. I wanted to learn more about web development for both the front and back end and see if this is something I'd like to pursue. Nucamp offered a bootcamp for just that, and, at a great price! So, I signed up.

I just completed one month of learning and so far, I like it! The videos are really helpful and it's nice that I can pause and/or rewind when I want to. The written instructions are also very clear and easy to follow. I especially like all the additional resources hyperlinked at the bottom of the page--these are a helpful tool to better understand the topic of the lesson.

The quizzes on CodePen are fantastic! They really help solidify your knowledge of the lesson. Some were a bit tricky, but I was eventually able to figure it out--which helped boost my confidence that this is something I could do as a career!

If I had to give a negative, it would be meeting at a coworking space. It gets really loud and sometimes hard to hear the instructor and focus. Our space, in particular, has a marketing group who like to hype each other up but cheering chants and jumping, much like a sports team. So, that can get pretty distracting.

Overall, I'm really liking the course and the price. I feel I have learned a lot so far and I'm looking forward to the next courses!

• sabrina irving • Student

Nucamp was a great bootcamp for web developer's just starting out. Very informative instructor and a very knowledgeable criteria.

• HTML-css- js
    - 11/13/2019
    Umapreethi santhanakrishnan • Applicant

I really liked the environment. My friend suggested me this bootcamp.

• Steven Lewer • Student

I really like the format of the courses. Working alone on weekdays and then together on weekened. It brings a factor of convenience which allows me to continue working and the in person workshops put you to the test in a personal environment.

• review
    - 11/12/2019
    Barsha malla • Student

I chose Nucamp because it provides online classes and onsite workshop once a week and of course cause of affordable fees. Instructor is very knowledgeable and explains really well. There are many help online from instructors from other location too. They provide good lessons with videos and resources to make us clear and understand well.

• Angela • Student

I chose Nucamp because I need the flexibility of learning at home during the week while my kids are in school. I am changing careers and this is a great option that offers the structure that I need (compared to self-learning) yet I can learn and have access to online instructors and interact with students when I need a little extra help.

Although I initially signed up for the in-person class in Houston, TX I ended up taking the online Fundamentals class because there were not enough students signed up for an in-person class so I was kind of disappointed. Now, however, Nucamp offers remote learning workshops so that you will be placed with local learners and an instructor in your area if there isn't enough students for an in-person weekly workshop.  (This is different from the 4 online learning classes they offer which are grouped by timezone.)  Because of this I am excited for the next course I signed up for to at least be paired with local people. I would like to make connections in my area in this industry since I am changing careers and I know that is crucial.

The online workshop instructor I had was great. She stayed after the class each week to make sure the students were understanding what the project was and assisted as needed. She was also open to the feedback that was given (you have to leave anonymous feedback each week as you move along). She also gave us more resources to utilize to further our learning and gave us career advice which was great.

During the week you watch content from a video instructor from a university. The speed of the course can be a bit fast if you are beginniner like myself but I found the provided resources to be excellent if I was confused.

Overall I am very happy I chose to go through the Fundamentals class. I think it has laid a great foundation which will help me in the Full Stack Web Developer course I have just started.

• Derrick Drungo • Student
    Fundamentals of HTML JAVASCRIPT AND CSS The bootcamp had its ups and downs... but the kost most important thing is to set aside time during the week to do and understand the work you are watch and practicing. The course was worth it and more. The people you meet are also meaningful to your start in Dev work.
  • Juan • Student

I just completed the Bootstrap course and I liked it. It was very simple enough to not feel overwhelmed by the whole process. I choose Nucamp because the convenience of mostly being online along with having someone in person to review what you have learned throughout the week, ask questions, along with having most classmates around to collaborate on different topics that we struggled or loved. What I loved most about it was the price. By having a low price, you are able to fully engage into the course.

• Krystal A. • Student

I took the Web FundamentaIs course for 4 weeks. It was well worth the time and money spent ($320). I chose Nucamp, because it is affordable and it offers a flexible way to learn code by learning via videos and exercises at home as well as in person through a weekly workshop. Nucamp is an excellent bootcamp. The video lectures are clearly explained and presented. Also, having access to other Nucampers via Slack is a huge value. This way you can learn from others. The instructor is available and willing to help students learn. Awesome, awesome bootcamp! What I learned I will be able to build upon.

• Derek H. • Student

I chose Nucamp because of the location and the ease of payment.  Not an expensive Bootcamp but it was very good for my learning and progression in coding!

• Dallas • Student

I've just finished my bootstrap class online and it's the best I could have hoped for in an online program.  The instructor was knowledgeable and very helpful.

• Madeline Bechtold • Student

I found the flipped classroom with Slack/email support to be an efficient learning delivery format. David Rossiter's video lectures were easy to follow, and videos I could rewatch were an immense improvement over live lectures in community college. At-home exercises and classroom workshops were challenging, especially once we started on JavaScript. Instructors were knowledgeable, patient, and generally easy to follow. Both Daniel and Minae monitored Slack and responded promptly to my questions.

For the Saturday workshops, I think it would have been more productive to spend class time on problem analysis and debugging rather than coding. Group activities for analyzing existing code/function calls and diagramming program logic and writing pseudo code for the week's workshop would have prepared us for coding the workshop on our own on the weekend and asking questions/collaborating via Slack.

Also, in class we briefly touched on using debugger features in Visual Studio Code and the browsers, but I would have liked more information on how to use debuggers, which tools working programmers use for debugging, how to chase down common error messages, etc. This might be a great subject for a future David Rossiter video.

WRT workload, supposedly Nucamp requires 1-3 hours/day of study. That might be true during the first couple of weeks for HTML/CSS. However, for JavaScript in weeks 3 and 4, I found myself spending 5-7 hours/day. There were a lot of videos to watch and take notes on, plus the exercises were harder. Expanding the 4-week fundamentals class to 6 weeks would mitigate this problem.

The curriculum had some minor glitches. Video sound quality was mostly excellent, but a handful of the videos had volume issues. Exercises and workshops could use editing. (Examples: On one of the exercises, it would have been helpful if the instructions had mentioned that it was ok for the alert box to display HTML elements as well as text strings. Also, in all the workshops, distinguishing overview from task steps was confusing at first because it wasn't clear that we were supposed to build out the code in separate files for part 1, part 2, etc.)

Overall, I was satisfied with my Bellingham Nucamp experience, and I plan to continue with the full-stack camp in January. I'm glad to have a break between rounds, though, because I've realized I still need to do a lot of work just to absorb the content from the HTML/CSS/JavaScript camp.