Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.
Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.76
Recent Nucamp NewsRead all (4) articles about Nucamp →
In PersonPart Time14 Hours/week17 Weeks
In PersonPart Time14 Hours/week22 Weeks
Deposit 353 Tuition Plans Payment can be made up front or on a weekly basis over five payments.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
618 reviews sorted by:
- Web Developer Fundamentals- 6/15/2020Andrew • Verified via LinkedIn
- NUCAMP- 6/15/2020sam • Student • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Albuquerque • Verified via GitHub
- I like Nucamp because it focuses on practical stuff! Here is my expectation when I'm taking some classes or going through a training: I like to see most of the theories/knowledge that I learned - being applied in developing some website or application; Nucamp gives me a lot of hands on training to try and implement different things and it meets my expectation so far. I hope it will do the same for the rest of the courses.
- Nucamp- 6/13/2020Seth Thurnau • Student • Campus: Kansas City • Verified via LinkedIn
- This review is after the Front End Bootcamp & before the Back End Bootcamp.
Nucamp does a great job of giving you a strong foundation for most of React & React Native for web & mobile development. I strongly feel I can build my own portfolio of websites & mobile apps with what we've learned. The only thing I would improve about the course is finding an easier way to understand Redux. I personally think it will take extra resources to understanding Redux beyond the course.
The other thing I want to mention is that the course doesn't go into libraries beyond an introduction and basic functionalities. They fully expect you to delve deeper into each library to gain beyond a basic understanding which is completely understandable but something I personally would have liked to be in the course.
The instructors I've had were all incredibly helpful and working along-side students even in an online-only setting was a great experience. My personal recommendation is that if you decide to do the Bootcamp, do your project with a partner. It helps you learn from them, holds you accountable and you are forced to learn Git very well.
Overall 9/10 for the cost/value/time I spent on the Bootcamp.
If you would live to view my project portfolio from the course you can find it here: https://github.com/stevenCsaunders/fit-brews-react
My partner & I worked on it together as students. Note: My partner is a professional UI/UX Designer so it's quite pretty visually for a project and I was able to learn quite a bit from him.
If you found my review helpful, my referral code is: WM9NKZ
- It's worth considering- 6/13/2020Chris • Graduate • Course: Web Development Fundamentals • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI chose Nucamp because of the price, and the flexible workflow. Sunday-Friday online, and 9 am-1 pm workshop on Saturdays (In-person or Online because of Covid-19) is doable since I work full-time. I liked collaborating with my classmates, and my instructor was great and very helpful. The only issue I have is the way the material is presented. The person doing the videos sounds like she's reading from a script, and quite frankly doesn't sound very lively. I've taken courses on Udemy and the instructor has a way of catching your attention. I could do a course on Udemy, and the next thing I know three hours have passed. I watch the videos on Nucamp, and I find myself losing focusing, and fiddling with my phone. All in all, Nucamp is a great Bootcamp, and every dime I spent was worth it! I don't regret taking the course, and I would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn code.
- Nucamp- 6/13/2020Brandon • Course: Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
- Review for Bootstrap Part of Bootcamp- 6/13/2020Pamela Dyer • Student • Course: Front End Web and Mobile Development • Campus: San Antonio • Verified via GitHubI choose it because of the price. I loved the Saturday workshops with the instructor Steven Williams. He was very knowledgeable and patient with us to help us gain information/concepts.
Wish there were more classroom time like that than just being self-paced through the week.
- FullStack Web Development- 5/19/2020Hayat Ibrahim • Independent Contractor • Student • Campus: Dallas • Verified via LinkedIn
- I chose Nucamp for the combination of in-person and online instruction, the part-time commitment, the accountability it provided, as well as for the price. It did not disappoint. I really enjoyed having a cohort of other local students to learn alongside, as well as an in-person instructor. Even when we had to switch to virtual workshops due to COVID-19, the experience was still positive. I would never have learned so much on my own; the weekly Saturday workshops were crucial to me sticking with it over the course of many months. The online weekly instruction is wonderful, and I have learned so much. Like any course, you get out of it what you put into it; you need to do some figuring-out of things on your own to get the most out of it. The portfolio projects are a great way to do that, and it's nice to have the Nucamp community and your instructor to help you out when there are things you don't understand.