nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Atlanta, Baltimore, Bellingham, Charleston, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Dallas, Dallas, Detroit, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Irvine, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Marysville, Minneapolis, Nashville, Oakland, Online, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reno, Riverside, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Spokane, St. Paul, Tacoma, Washington, Washington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 22-week full stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the U.S. and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn online during the week, and meet in-person with their instructor and classmates on the weekends. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps. Nucamp also offers a 4-week introduction bootcamp teaching the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as a 17-week front end web and mobile development bootcamp.

There are up to 12 students per class, and one dedicated instructor. Students learn languages such as Javascript, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, React, React Native, and MongoDB. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. By the end of the program, students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (1329) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

Read all (11) articles about Nucamp →
  • Back End, SQL, and DevOps Development with Python

LocationTacoma, Spokane, Bellingham, Marysville, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Seattle, Dallas, San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Learn to build robust applications using Python and SQL, deploy them to all 3 clouds. Be skills-ready as a Backend Python developer in 16 weeks.
    Climb Credit
    Tuition Plans4 total payments
    Refund / GuaranteeYes as per refund policy
    ScholarshipYes see https://www.nucamp.co/scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelComputer Literacy
  • Front End Web and Mobile Development

CSS, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Mobile, React.js, Android, Git, iOS, User Experience Design
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Bellingham, Marysville, Spokane, Tacoma, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Express your Creativity and create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat Breakdown of our 17 Week Course 1. Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap In this course you will learn how to build websites that can be developed once for all screen sizes using the Bootstrap library. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. 2. Front End JavaScript Library, React In this course you will learn the #1 Javascript library for building websites: React. You will also be introduced to advanced aspects of JavaScript ES6, React Components and will develop React-Redux based applications. 3. Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native This course is where the magic happens! You will learn to update and package the responsive website built using Bootstrap and React and publish it as a true mobile application to the Apple Store or Google Play. Using React Native and the Expo SDK to access all native hardware capabilities of modern phones and tablets.
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$8/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    Prep WorkYou need to have a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. We offer a 4-week course that covers this.
  • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Bellingham, Spokane, Tacoma, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat. In addition to learning Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap, Javascript, and React you will dive further into Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native and Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. At the end of 22 weeks you will walk away with a strong portfolio of projects that showcase your abilities and talents
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$10/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Web Development Fundamentals

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.
  • Rodrick C.  User Photo
    Rodrick C. • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    After years of wanting a career change and being unable to find affordable and flexible education options, I found NuCamp! The curriculum is pretty well paced overall, but you really get more out of it by putting in the extra effort to review the supplemental materials as well. The community aspect was great! After attempting to go the self-taught route, it was refreshing to interact with other students and it helped me feel not so alone in the learning process. All of my instructors we very knowledgeable and patient when reviewing concepts with the students.  Then entire 5 months passed much faster than I expected and it was definitely worth the time and financial investment.
  • Nucamp experience!
    - 9/18/2021
    Erick Garcia  User Photo
    Erick Garcia • Student Verified via GitHub
    Choosing a Bootcamp can be a bit overwhelming but it comes down to your needs and availability. Choosing Nucamp was not my first option or my last option. But I just finish the bootstrap course it only took 5 weeks. And in those five weeks, we learn how to properly use bootstrap and all the features that come with the library. I can definitely see how learning how to use the bootstrap library as one of your tools as a developer can make things much easier to develop and maintain a clean-looking website. I can't wait to continue with the rest of the course and complete my front-end development and see what other development tools ill learn about. And the reason I chose to go with Nucamp's Front-end Development course was the ability to work on the lessons throughout the week at my own pace and be able to do deep research on each lesson. Also having the ability to ask questions to a big community of current and past students of Nucamp on their slack channel. And if you're currently working you won't have to struggle with juggling your work schedule and your class schedule. Because you only have one live class every Saturday. So it gives you plenty of time during the week to work on your assignments during your free time.
  • Charles R.  User Photo
    Charles R. • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I love Nucamp! I am a working parent trying to make my career switch to tech. With the flexibility and price that Nucamp offers, the choice was easy. My instructors are fantastic and very knowledgeable. And the community is very welcoming!
  • Excellent.
    - 9/16/2021
    Lindsey H  User Photo
    Lindsey H • Student Verified via GitHub
      I've been through a lot of different online courses, including Thinkful. I was so excited to start Nucamp because of the affordability and the syllabus looked like something that could actually be accomplished and not a bunch of coursework without the extra resources and any help, if necessary. You really do have to stay motivated throughout and keep yourself on topic.
     I really loved going through the bootstrap course! It was a new thing for me - since I've never attempted Bootstrap on my own. The course was affordable and I felt that since the classes were smaller, it was geared more towards each student's progress. The instructor, Olivia, was amazing as well. I definitely enjoyed the past 5 weeks going through it.

I can't wait to start React in a couple of weeks.
  • LK  User Photo
    LK • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

As someone who has both a learning disability and struggles with ADHD, this was the first time I successfully finished a course. I genuinely believe that if someone like me can learn anyone can learn. I never thought I'd ever be able to learn how to code because I struggled for years trying to stay motivated. Albeit, I am still working my way through the Back End, SQL, and DevOps program, the feeling of overcoming the fundamental hump feels good.  NuCamp's structured classes, supportive community, and instructors helped motivate me to stay on track with the course and not give up. Lessons are broken down into chunks so it's easier to understand and digest. If you run into issues, classmates and instructors will jump in to assist and provide guidance.

I specifically picked this program because it was budget friendly and it offered the structure that I needed to be successful.  Something people have to realize when they sign up for coding bootcamps in general is there are no shortcuts or magic bullet for learning. You have to have realistic expectations going in so you don't set yourself up for failure. You learn through practice and having a supportive community helps. Ultimately, your success lies heavily on your own efforts and motivation.

When taking the course there is an expectation that majority of your time will be self-study and lots of practice using multiple resources both in-house and out. I truly believe this NuCamp's bootcamp gave me a boost of confidence that I needed to work towards my career goals and projects. I am ecstatic about working on personal projects and can't wait to learn more. I highly recommend this program to those who want to learn coding, but lack the confidence or support.
  • Zachary Savoury  User Photo
    Zachary Savoury • Student Verified via GitHub
    What led me to enroll in NuCamp was the opportunity to reskill myself and get a job that I desired. I believe this was a good decision since Nucamp is giving me an environment to push myself in and has taught me fundamentals that I would otherwise have overlooked in my self-learning.
  • Jair Sandoval  User Photo
    Jair Sandoval • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am currently a teacher and my family needs to make more money. I have always wanted to learning coding, and taking this step has seriously turned up the fire! It is time for a serious career change to something that is enjoyable, productive and satisfying at the same time! Taking this bootcamp has definitely put me in the right direction. I am continuing to the full stack bootcamp next.
  • Steven Vallarsa  User Photo
    Steven Vallarsa • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had been looking at Nucamp for about a year before finally taking the plunge. I'm kicking myself for not jumping in sooner. It's affordable and with a part-time schedule allows it to be fitted in a busy life. The work gets progressively more difficult within each module, but the instructors are always available and there's a Slack community with fellow students who are always ready to help you over the humps. My only criticisms would be not having enough testing to make sure you really understand the material as you're going along, and the lack of accountability with your personal projects the way there is for the course material.
  • Steven Kinzy  User Photo
    Steven Kinzy • Verified via LinkedIn
    I really enjoyed this bootcamp. I feel you get out what you put in.. My instructor was great and answered all my questions. Worth giving it a shot.
  • Missing piece!
    - 8/30/2021
    Meghan K.   User Photo
    Meghan K. • Verified via LinkedIn
    I enrolled in Nucamp because I had not been successful with a self-learning route for web development. Nucamp's set-up (self-learning/studying during week and interactive group workshop Saturdays) was very appealing and worked with my schedule. Also, the cost was the most affordable I have seen of any bootcamp. Turns out, enrolling was a great decision! I completed the Web Development Fundamentals bootcamp (4 weeks) and am currently waiting for the Full Stack one to start in September :) I had never interacted with other coders and aspiring web devs before, and I think this was the key that was missing! I enjoyed that it was a part of the experience, but was not full-time in-person or live. My instructor was awesome, and I really enjoyed my small group. The Slack channels were also a great asset. Overall, highly recommend. You will def have work to put in and certainly more after, but you get exposed to a lot in such a way that I felt was manageable.
  • Best Decision
    - 8/29/2021
    CJ  User Photo
    CJ • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I have been trying to leave construction work before it kills my body. I had dabbled in learning code, but once I had the structure of a class, learning came so much easier.