nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Albuquerque, Albuquerque, Athens, Atlanta, Atlanta, Austin, Austin, Baltimore, Baltimore, Bellingham, Billings, Boise, Boulder, Boulder, Cambridge, Cambridge, Charleston, Charleston, Charlotte, Charlotte, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Chattanooga, Chicago, Chicago, Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Cleveland, Colorado Springs, Columbia, Columbus, Dallas, Dallas, Dallas, Denver, Denver, Detroit, Detroit, Durham, Fayetteville, Fort Collins, Fort Lauderdale, Fresno, Greensboro, Honolulu, Houston, Houston, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Indianapolis, Irvine, Irvine, Jacksonville, Jersey City, Jersey City, Kansas City, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Las Vegas, Lincoln, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Louisville, Madison, Marysville, Memphis, Miami, Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Minneapolis, Nashville, Nashville, New Orleans, New York City, New York City, Oakland, Omaha, Online, Orange County, Orem, Orlando, Orlando, Palm Beach, Philadelphia, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh, Portland, Raleigh, Reno, Reno, Richmond, Riverside, Rochester, Rochester, Sacramento, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Antonio, San Diego, San Diego, San Francisco, San Francisco, San Jose, San Jose, Savannah, Seattle, Seattle, Sioux Falls, Spokane, Stamford, St. Louis, St. Paul, St. Paul, Tacoma, Tampa, Tulsa, Washington, Washington, Washington, Wilmington, Wilmington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 22-week full stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the U.S. and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn online during the week, and meet in-person with their instructor and classmates on the weekends. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps. Nucamp also offers a 4-week introduction bootcamp teaching the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as a 17-week front end web and mobile development bootcamp.

There are up to 12 students per class, and one dedicated instructor. Students learn languages such as Javascript, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, React, React Native, and MongoDB. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. By the end of the program, students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.76

all (618) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

Read all (4) articles about Nucamp →
  • Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
    LocationWashington, Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Express your Creativity and create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat Breakdown of our 17 Week Course 1. Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap In this course you will learn how to build websites that can be developed once for all screen sizes using the Bootstrap library. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. 2. Front End JavaScript Library, React In this course you will learn the #1 Javascript library for building websites: React. You will also be introduced to advanced aspects of JavaScript ES6, React Components and will develop React-Redux based applications. 3. Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native This course is where the magic happens! You will learn to update and package the responsive website built using Bootstrap and React and publish it as a true mobile application to the Apple Store or Google Play. Using React Native and the Expo SDK to access all native hardware capabilities of modern phones and tablets.
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    Prep WorkYou need to have a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. We offer a 4-week course that covers this.
  • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat. In addition to learning Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap, Javascript, and React you will dive further into Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native and Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. At the end of 22 weeks you will walk away with a strong portfolio of projects that showcase your abilities and talents
    Tuition PlansPayment can be made up front or on a weekly basis over five payments.
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.
  • review
    - 7/18/2020
    Amro Abdalla  User Photo
    Amro Abdalla • Field techincian • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose it because it not pricy.
    I like the learning platform

• Alex J.  User Photo
    Alex J. • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I would recommend NuCamp's Fundamentals course to anyone considering development. It is a great course in that it covers HTML, CSS, and JavaScript and you can jump in from wherever you're at, even if you have never coded before. Also,  I appreciate that they take feedback and are continuously improving the course. I would say, there is a high need to schedule in your daily study time so that you are not feeling lost or left behind at the end of the week!
    I like the flexibility that learning throughout the week on your own time gives you. You are not without help, being connected to classmates and the slack community.

• A Good Decision!
    - 6/22/2020
    Chantele  User Photo
    Chantele • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose NuCamp because it was a low-cost, online option to refresh my fading coding skills. I chose the Full Stack option. 6 months of online learning seemed like a long time before it began, but the weeks really flew by when I got into the rhythm. I knew that a bootcamp wouldn't provide a completely thorough programming education, but it was just enough to get me thinking in code and inspire me to dig deeper on my own. It's so helpful to have a small group of students to work with and a dedicated instructor to answer questions. I never felt like I was trying to learn coding all on my own because there was a large community of fellow students working on the exact same exercises with me. NuCamp was a great experience and I'm so glad I decided to do it!
    - 6/19/2020
    Telly Lowe  User Photo
    Telly Lowe • Student Verified via GitHub
    Nucamp offered a cohort in Savannah and that was a community I could use locally. The content offered along with the community for the price is what put the icing on top. I really like the structure of the program and seeing progress made each week. It's a great boot camp.
  • Christopher Morton  User Photo
    Christopher Morton • Agile Project Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Nucamp because it offered an affordable and flexible alternative to the full-time bootcamps I had seen previously. Those traits helped me decide to give the Fundamentals class a shot, the quality of instruction and structured curriculum are what got me to sign up for the Full Stack course. Nucamp offers an excellent education at great value and I would recommend it to anyone looking to start coding.
  • David  User Photo
    David Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp for the hybrid concept though due to resent events it wasn't possible. I appreciate the flexibility for rescheduling and an array of instructors to help facilitate the coding experience giving me an option to find a personality that fit me character.
  • loving nucamp
    - 6/16/2020
    Rick  User Photo
    Rick • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose nucamp for the ease of access to courses and price. My experience so far has surpassed my expectations. Can't wait to gt into my next course.
  • Overall Experience:
    I just completed the course and went ahead and moved forward with enrolling in the upcoming Full Stacked course. I have ZERO background in programming and I strongly feel that taking this Fundamental course was impactful. The Fundamental course provided the foundations I needed and I utilized other tools like youtube to learn more about those concepts. I really liked the small class size and felt I was able to get a lot of one on one help from my instructor, Mr. Ahmed. He made my experience a very pleasant one. He is full of knowledge and guided our class throughout every workshop. I'll update my review after I complete my Full Stack course.
  • th3hungryd3v  User Photo
    th3hungryd3v • Student • Student Verified via GitHub
    I just finished up the Web Dev Fundamentals course and this is my review of that curriculum: First, this course is not meant to make you job-ready Web Developer and they even tell you that in their Open House videos on Youtube. This is mainly to get your proverbial feet wet in reading, writing, and applying code, as well as, to see if this is something you actually enjoy doing. I signed up for this course after the COVID-19 pandemic hit, so the workshops were all done through zoom, online. For $349, you'll have access to their gazillion slack channels, knowledgeable instructors, and other people from your community, even people from other communities! One of the main reasons I chose NuCamp: Budget. I don't have the resources or the funds to be able to afford the other bootcamps I was also interested in. Location: I have my own family and I can't simply have them uproot to move to a different state, just so I can attend a bootcamp. Community: Not only would I get the chance to meet other people who were in the same boat, but because we're in the same state, we could potentially meetup at a local spot to code together in person, outside of the classroom. You can learn everything in this curriculum by yourself for free, but it never hurt anybody to have access to a community and staff on hand to make sure you're learning properly, which makes the learning process a bit more enjoyable and efficient. Before finishing this course, I'd already signed up for the full stack because I'm interested in learning more about the front-end as well as the back-end. This course will prepare you for what's to come, whether it's the front-end web design or the full-stack path courses they offer. tl;dr: So far, So Go0d!
  • Drue  User Photo
    Drue • DevOps Cloud Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    It's been both, a challenging and exciting educational path. It's no joke that you have to invest the time needed to learn this program, so be sure to come ready to learn. I've appreciated the method in which content is presented. Nice, bite size pieces, straight to the point with supporting exercises.

Looking forward to my next steps with the full stack program.