nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Atlanta, Baltimore, Bellingham, Charleston, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Dallas, Dallas, Detroit, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Irvine, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Marysville, Minneapolis, Nashville, Oakland, Online, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reno, Riverside, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Spokane, St. Paul, Tacoma, Washington, Washington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 22-week full stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the U.S. and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn online during the week, and meet in-person with their instructor and classmates on the weekends. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps. Nucamp also offers a 4-week introduction bootcamp teaching the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as a 17-week front end web and mobile development bootcamp.

There are up to 12 students per class, and one dedicated instructor. Students learn languages such as Javascript, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, React, React Native, and MongoDB. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. By the end of the program, students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (1329) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

Read all (11) articles about Nucamp →
  • Back End, SQL, and DevOps Development with Python

LocationTacoma, Spokane, Bellingham, Marysville, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Seattle, Dallas, San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Learn to build robust applications using Python and SQL, deploy them to all 3 clouds. Be skills-ready as a Backend Python developer in 16 weeks.
    Climb Credit
    Tuition Plans4 total payments
    Refund / GuaranteeYes as per refund policy
    ScholarshipYes see https://www.nucamp.co/scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelComputer Literacy
  • Front End Web and Mobile Development

CSS, Design, Front End, HTML, JavaScript, Mobile, React.js, Android, Git, iOS, User Experience Design
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Bellingham, Marysville, Spokane, Tacoma, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Express your Creativity and create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat Breakdown of our 17 Week Course 1. Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap In this course you will learn how to build websites that can be developed once for all screen sizes using the Bootstrap library. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. 2. Front End JavaScript Library, React In this course you will learn the #1 Javascript library for building websites: React. You will also be introduced to advanced aspects of JavaScript ES6, React Components and will develop React-Redux based applications. 3. Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native This course is where the magic happens! You will learn to update and package the responsive website built using Bootstrap and React and publish it as a true mobile application to the Apple Store or Google Play. Using React Native and the Expo SDK to access all native hardware capabilities of modern phones and tablets.
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$8/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    Prep WorkYou need to have a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. We offer a 4-week course that covers this.
  • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Bellingham, Spokane, Tacoma, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat. In addition to learning Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap, Javascript, and React you will dive further into Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native and Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. At the end of 22 weeks you will walk away with a strong portfolio of projects that showcase your abilities and talents
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$10/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Web Development Fundamentals

CSS, HTML, JavaScript
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.
  • Python
    - 10/17/2021
    Azamat Shogen  User Photo
    Azamat Shogen • Student Verified via GitHub
    This was truly a valuable experience for me . Even though I was not a total beginner when joining this fundamentals bootcamp coming from a different language , I never used to pay attention on certain important concepts in software development . Huge thanks to my dedicated instructor and all my teammates. Cant wait to get started with the next course
  • Review
    - 10/17/2021
    Dmitriy  User Photo
    Dmitriy • Student Verified via GitHub
    I just became a permanent resident of this wonderful country - the USA. I want to be a worthy citizen and to have a good interesting job that improves of life of other people in this amazing country. I didn't have the opportunity to get paid quality education....so I chose this Boot camp - NuCamp. I am very pleased with the educational process and the atmosphere that reigns on Boot Camp! Thanks to all --> those who made this process possible!
  • Kent Jackson  User Photo
    Kent Jackson • Cobol Legacy programmer • Student Verified via GitHub
    The attainability of the price point and a strong desire to learn Python led me here.  I believe that it is a decent fit so far.  I guess I was thinking a bit too much of what I'd be able to take away and apply towards expanding my IT marketability.  However, I am clear-eyed now and still appreciate the opportunity this program has afforded me to learn something that I've put off for years.
  • Nucamp
    - 10/16/2021
    Connor  User Photo
    Connor • Student Verified via GitHub
    Nucamp has a flexible schedule other then Saturday workshops you can study anytime during the week which works with my rotating shifts.
  • Avani  User Photo
    Avani • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Nucamp was perfect it was beginner friendly and more flexible my instructor was polite and explained everything well and in detail I would recommend for anyone looking into coding especially considering the price
  • 5 Stars
    - 10/4/2021
    Jackie   User Photo
    Jackie Verified via GitHub
    It was absolutely the right decision signing up for Nucamp. My instructor was super informative, and she never made me feel left behind when I didn't understand something. The entire experience was great, especially interacting with other students and having a flexible weekly timeline.     10/10 recommend.
  • Juan Valle  User Photo
    Juan Valle • Independent Contractor • Student Verified via GitHub
    I wanted a new career path. One that was more stable and would provide a higher level of finiancial freedom. I also did not have the time and money to attend an in-person full time camp. This was perfect because it was very affordable and it fits in with my schedule.
  • Martin R.  User Photo
    Martin R. • Technical and Sales professional • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took the introductory four-week HTML/CSS/JavaScript course.  HTML/CSS were refreshers and an update of some of how they've changed in the last ten years since I played with them.  JavaScript was a whole new bag for me and as an introduction, this was fun and informative.  I let my curiosity drag me down a lot of "bunny trails" during the week as I embellished upon the exercises and challenges.  I think that looking things up that we hadn't covered yet helped me a lot.  Sometimes what I was curious about was covered in the next lesson, sometimes I was just learning more advanced stuff because I wanted to do something in my coding that was outside the scope of the classes.

Be curious and you'll do great at Nucamp.  You have to learn.  They can't teach you.  I think some people expected to have Nucamp just somehow implant the information into their brains.  That's just not possible.  You have to be interested enough to search for answers and if you can't find an answer, ask your instructor.

In the Big Wide World, you'll never know everything.  Get used to that now! You will routinely have to look up a function name, or a method, or which attributes can go on which elements.  Things change and lesser-used features will just not stick.  Learn how now, and learn to search for and find the answer as quickly and efficiently as you can.

Nucamp is less expensive and less intensive than other boot camps, which makes them more approachable to people looking to change careers or upgrade their skills.

The four-week introductory course is a great taste test to see if Nucamp's style will meet your learning need.  It sure met mine!  I will be taking future courses at Nucamp!
  • Great Bootcamp!
    - 9/29/2021
    Jackie  User Photo
    Jackie • Jr. Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I decided to enroll in the Nucamp Full Stack bootcamp because they promised part-time hours, a relevant course load, a quick path to graduation and an affordable price. I've been self-employed for many years, and I was ready to transition into a career where I could work fewer hours but still make great money. I chose programming because I've always dabbled in web design, but always with sites like Wix, and I thought it would be a natural next step to learn how to actually build beautiful, user-friendly UIs. Nucamp has definitely taught me how to do that and more.

I am a very self-motivated person, so Nucamp was a great fit for me because most of the learning in this course is self-driven, using guidance and resources from Nucamp. I liked that I was able to fit it in around my schedule, and I didn't have to commit many specific hours per week to the class (that said, I would have liked maybe one more class mid-week to really help me get through the material). Most weeks, I worked somewhere between part- and full-time hours, but I chose to dive deep into the coursework, which demanded the extra time. I appreciated the requirement of portfolio projects for this course, because I felt like the material really seemed to come together for me when I was coding those projects, and I have graduated with a portfolio ready to show to potential employers.

I liked each instructor that I had. They were all very skilled in their fields as well as personable and extremely helpful. You will become a member of the Nucamp Slack group, in which you can ask any question and receive gracious help from the many instructors and students in the bootcamp (and offer help when you can as well!).

I have just started the career counseling part of the bootcamp, and so far, it is really a big help. Nucamp really is committed to helping their students succeed, and having the career counseling is one more way that that comes through.

I definitely recommend Nucamp if you are ready to commit to programming, and are a self-motivated learner. It's a whirlwind, but truly amazing how much one can learn in a short amount of time!
  • Nucamp Review
    - 9/19/2021
    Peter-Jon  User Photo
    Peter-Jon • Student • Student Verified via GitHub
    I have completed part 1 of 4 in the FullStack Course and I have not been disappointed. Nucamp was the right fit for my budget and their scholarship offerings were also a big help. Now, I have learned that the Nucamp community also provides a framework to build upon my previous studies in order to take me to the next level of my journey towards becoming a web developer. Come prepared to put in the work and Nucamp can do the same for you.