nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Atlanta, Baltimore, Bellingham, Charleston, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Dallas, Dallas, Detroit, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Irvine, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Marysville, Minneapolis, Nashville, Oakland, Online, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reno, Riverside, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Spokane, St. Paul, Tacoma, Washington, Washington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 22-week full stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the U.S. and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn online during the week, and meet in-person with their instructor and classmates on the weekends. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps. Nucamp also offers a 4-week introduction bootcamp teaching the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as a 17-week front end web and mobile development bootcamp.

There are up to 12 students per class, and one dedicated instructor. Students learn languages such as Javascript, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, React, React Native, and MongoDB. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. By the end of the program, students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (811) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

Read all (7) articles about Nucamp →
  • Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
    LocationWashington, Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Express your Creativity and create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat Breakdown of our 17 Week Course 1. Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap In this course you will learn how to build websites that can be developed once for all screen sizes using the Bootstrap library. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. 2. Front End JavaScript Library, React In this course you will learn the #1 Javascript library for building websites: React. You will also be introduced to advanced aspects of JavaScript ES6, React Components and will develop React-Redux based applications. 3. Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native This course is where the magic happens! You will learn to update and package the responsive website built using Bootstrap and React and publish it as a true mobile application to the Apple Store or Google Play. Using React Native and the Expo SDK to access all native hardware capabilities of modern phones and tablets.
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$8/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    Prep WorkYou need to have a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. We offer a 4-week course that covers this.
  • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat. In addition to learning Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap, Javascript, and React you will dive further into Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native and Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. At the end of 22 weeks you will walk away with a strong portfolio of projects that showcase your abilities and talents
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$10/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.
  • Madeleine  User Photo
    Madeleine • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I am really happy I chose Nucamp. Not only did I get a thorough introductory to HTML, CSS and Javascript, I met nice people, my instructor helped me and I saved money taking a course at such a great price. The price for the class was very appealing and was a great choice, specially during these covid-19 "times". I now know what I need to work on to keep moving forward with my journey in coding. Thank you Nucamp!
  • Nucamp Review
    Jovan Desir  User Photo
    Jovan Desir Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp since I wanted to know about coding and learn more about it, but what I liked the most was being able to learn everything, along with meeting new people and having new experiences. The teacher that I had (Paul Yun) was also very friendly and helpful with every step of the way. I would definitely recommend this class to everyone and anyone who's interested in learning how to code!
  • Hello World
    Rod Wallen  User Photo
    Rod Wallen • Supervisor | Member Services • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I've  spent the better part of 6 years searching for an effective program that would allow me to learn the necessary skills to development and manage websites.  On my search for coding bootcamps in the Las Vegas, NV area, I found that there were only 3 options available.

One option cost approx $12,000 and consisted of a 26 week course that required full-time hours M-F  8:00 am - 4:00 pm.   This option would have required me to either reduce my hours at work to part-time, or to change my work schedule to allow to both work full time and learn.

The second option cost approx $20,000 for a 9 month course.  They offered a student agreement that would allow me to attend the courses for free now, and then I would be able to repay them once I graduted from the program.  There was a lot of fine print on what repayment would look like, and I got the gist that as long as I had any job yeilding an income of $40,000 or higher, the repayment of the loan would begin.   My biggest problem with this option  is that I am likely to make $40,000 in my current field of profession and this didn't seem like it would offer a very smooth transition into the new field I am pursuing.

The final option was Nucamp.   Nucamp's cost was approx.  $1750 for a 22 week course (Early bird special) In addition, the courses are laid out in such a way that only requires about 2 hours per day M-F and then a 4 hour session on the weekend.   Being that I am still sceptical, I decided to give the Web Development Fundamentals course a try.   This is a 4 week course that covers the essentials of Web Development.  I've taken similar courses, so I felt this would give me a good guage for how managing my course load and work/life balance would work.

I have just turned in my 4th and final project for this course and I am excited about all the things that I have learned.  I am looking forward to starting the full-stack bootcamp and furthering my learning.

Thanks Nucamp

Fard Wallen
  • Worth it
    Matthew  User Photo
    Matthew • Student Verified via GitHub
    This was an excellent Bootcamp. I learned a lot from this Bootcamp the instructors are great, and it is way less expensive. Then all of the other Bootcamps that I have researched, and I really like how they are trying to make this affordable for everyone wanting to learn how to code! I respect what they are trying to accomplish, which is truly admirable.
  • It is WORTH It!!!
    Mical M  User Photo
    Mical M • Student Verified via GitHub
    I am really on a budget, but I do want to expand my mind.  This Is why I chose this coding school. The prices are affordable compare to many others. Plus, the courses are online, and you meet up with your group once a week online.
  • David B  User Photo
    David B • Digital Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose NuCamp because it was an affordable option but also, it is one of the most recommended boot camps out there. It was recommended by a friend who was in the boot camp. The classes and assignments are good and challenging; I had some background in HTML and CSS but learned new things that I have forgotten. JavaScript was a good challenge. The instructor adds a lot of background of uses in the real-world and is very helpful. Definitely recommend it.
  • Kristi  User Photo
    Kristi • Graphic Designer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose NuCamp because of the price and the reviews, but I feel that I got much more than my money's worth. The instructor was knowledgeable and helpful, and though the material was difficult, for the most part I felt that everything was thoroughly explained and gone over. I liked the structure of the course, where you go over the lessons on your own and everything is explained again during the workshop and are given the opportunity to ask any questions.
  • Kyler  User Photo
    Kyler • Student Verified via GitHub
    It was affordable, it focused on modern technology and gave a good overview of best practices (BUT HOOKS, we need to learn Hooks). The instructors were great, very knowledgeable and the post graduation job networking will more than likely be worth the cost of the class by itself. Highly recommend!
  • student
    - 11/5/2020
    Janekia pinkard  User Photo
    Janekia pinkard • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Nucamp is the most affordable coding boot camp from what I've seen. And it's great!
  • Jackie Medina  User Photo
    Jackie Medina • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Nucamp because of the flexibility with time. I work full-time and this gave me the capacity to do work and study without sacrificing either. It is a sacrifice in terms of studying for hours after work but very worth it in my opinion. I wish I had done it sooner!
  • Scott Branston  User Photo
    Scott Branston • Verified via LinkedIn
    The HTML, CSS, and JavaScript is a comprehensive introduction to web development that is both incredibly informative and challenging. I recommend this course for people looking to start a career in web development, and want to have a solid understanding of the basics. You'll come away from this course inspired to learn more and seek creative ways to exercise that knowledge.
  • Moses Ramirez  User Photo
    Moses Ramirez • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp mainly because of their price, which is a tenth of the typical cost of the big-name camps, but I also noticed their reviews were as high or higher than those camps. Any of the negative reviews were for the same reasons anyone rated  any of the other camps badly. After doing some more research, I decided on Nucamp.

I started with the Web Fundamentals course. I had a great experience. The instructor is an actual working developer and not someone employed by the camp. (This isn't always a bad thing, but one can definitely forget a lot of they're not actively working.) The class is limited to ten people, so the instructor  isn't overwhelmed and can set aside time in their busy schedule to be available for questions. You can connect with your instructor and the other students via dedicated Slack channels, which include even those who have already taken the class and the other instructors, in case you need help. We are asked every week to evaluate the instructor and the course, so the instructor is motivated to follow through.

There is an expectation to to a lot of the modules and code challenges on your own, so you really have to take this seriously of you're an absolute beginner. These consist of follow-along videos as well as written instructions. They give you  a suggested pace along with several recommendations for supplemental study along the way. Your tasks and modules are gamified, and there is a leaderboard where you can see your own progress as well as that of the others.

The weekend workshops are encouraging as you get to spend a solid amount of time (currently online) with your cohorts. The instructor reviews the lessons you completed during the week, and then you work on a project with one or two others.

As a result of the great experience, I enrolled in the full-stack course!

Nucamp Outcomes

$N/A

Of the students who enroll at Nucamp, 75% graduated. 100% of graduates were job-seeking and 78% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of . Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 1131 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance