nucamp-logo

Nucamp

Atlanta, Baltimore, Bellingham, Charleston, Charlotte, Chattanooga, Dallas, Dallas, Detroit, Hybrid (Online & In-person), Irvine, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Marysville, Minneapolis, Nashville, Oakland, Online, Orange County, Orlando, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Reno, Riverside, Sacramento, San Antonio, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose, Seattle, Spokane, St. Paul, Tacoma, Washington, Washington

Nucamp

Nucamp is a part-time, 22-week full stack web and mobile development bootcamp in underserved communities across the U.S. and online. Nucamp offers a hybrid learning experience where students learn online during the week, and meet in-person with their instructor and classmates on the weekends. Nucamp is on a mission to make quality education affordable with the low cost of online learning paired with the motivation and support offered by in-person bootcamps. Nucamp also offers a 4-week introduction bootcamp teaching the fundamentals of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, as well as a 17-week front end web and mobile development bootcamp.

There are up to 12 students per class, and one dedicated instructor. Students learn languages such as Javascript, HTML, CSS, Bootstrap, NodeJS, React, React Native, and MongoDB. Students will work in smaller teams of two to four to collaborate throughout the course and receive important feedback. By the end of the program, students will be capable of taking a project from its inception to developing a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) and move it to a large-scale implementation.

Admission is open to all. To apply for the bootcamp, complete Nucamp's online registration form.

Recent Nucamp Reviews: Rating 4.77

all (811) reviews for Nucamp →

Recent Nucamp News

Read all (7) articles about Nucamp →
  • Front End Web and Mobile Development

HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Mobile, User Experience Design, CSS, React.js, Android, iOS, Front End
    LocationWashington, Hybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    Express your Creativity and create modern web experience users and employers will love. The Front End Bootcamp will make you job-ready in 17 weeks. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat Breakdown of our 17 Week Course 1. Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap In this course you will learn how to build websites that can be developed once for all screen sizes using the Bootstrap library. You will learn about grids and responsive design, Bootstrap CSS and JavaScript components. 2. Front End JavaScript Library, React In this course you will learn the #1 Javascript library for building websites: React. You will also be introduced to advanced aspects of JavaScript ES6, React Components and will develop React-Redux based applications. 3. Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native This course is where the magic happens! You will learn to update and package the responsive website built using Bootstrap and React and publish it as a true mobile application to the Apple Store or Google Play. Using React Native and the Expo SDK to access all native hardware capabilities of modern phones and tablets.
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$8/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
    Prep WorkYou need to have a good working knowledge of HTML, CSS and JavaScript. We offer a 4-week course that covers this.
  • Full Stack Web and Mobile Application Development

If you can think it you can make it. Build apps from start to finish. Become a Full Stack web developer in 22 weeks. As a full stack web and mobile developer you will be capable of developing beautiful and complex websites as well as high-performing mobile applications for Android and iPhone. This Bootcamp covers both front-end and back-end web development. - Meet on Saturdays with 12 other students for coding workshops led by an expert instructor - Spend 8 to 14 hours watching online lectures and performing exercises during the week - Engage classmates during the week in an online forum, and collaborate on your portfolio project - Seek guidance and help from the instructor during the week in a private chat. In addition to learning Front-End Web UI Framework, Bootstrap, Javascript, and React you will dive further into Multiplatform Mobile App Development with React Native and Server-side Development with NodeJS, Express and MongoDB. At the end of 22 weeks you will walk away with a strong portfolio of projects that showcase your abilities and talents
    Nucamp Fair Student Agreement
    Tuition Plans$10/month while graduating
    Minimum Skill LevelHTML, CSS and JavaScript
  • Web Development Fundamentals

HTML, JavaScript, CSS
    LocationHybrid (Online & In-person), San Antonio, Kansas City, Philadelphia, Nashville, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, Washington, San Diego, Minneapolis, Los Angeles, Charlotte, Detroit, Reno, Baltimore, Sacramento, Marysville, Tacoma, Bellingham, Spokane, Las Vegas, Riverside, San Francisco, San Jose, Irvine, Orange County, Oakland, Online, Seattle, Charleston, Chattanooga, St. Paul
    This bootcamp will teach you the essential elements of web page development, covering HTML, CSS and JavaScript. No previous experience of these technologies is necessary. ​First, HTML and CSS are explored. Then the course covers the essential components of JavaScript, including variables, arrays, loops, events and functions, event control and DOM manipulation. This introduction bootcamp will help you discover if web development is for you, and give you the fundamentals to become a web developer.
  • Prince Akahoho Segbefia  User Photo
    Prince Akahoho Segbefia • Student (Full Stack Developer) • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp because it was affordable in comparison with other bootcamps. Also, I liked the course structure and the fact that workshops were held on weekends(Saturday). The flexibility of the course was of most importance to me. The tutors are very patient in explaining issues step by step. Using domestic examples and relating it to codes made my journey in coding exciting. If you are thinking of attending a Full Stack Developer bootcamp, Nucamp is the place to be on any day.
  • Bootstrap 4
    - 1/10/2021
    david g  User Photo
    david g • digital designer • Student Verified via GitHub
    With the state of the economy, the financial unknowns, the constant lay offs from the creative world, I wanted to pivot towards software developer side, knowing that even at an entry point I will have the potential to earn more and have more consistency in job protection for years to come. I needed guidance, and direction, I needed to be shown how to make all the pieces connect together, the steps from beginning to completion. NuCamp was offering a path of knowledge that I needed at a financial price point that I could manage during an economic downturn. Had NuCamp not been able to offer this plan as an alternative I would not be afforded this opportunity to make a path and plan for a better future, at the very least laying to groundwork for me to walk upon and follow, grow, and learn. I am hopeful, but I know this is just the beginning in a long journey learning new code.
  • Brandon Dugan  User Photo
    Brandon Dugan • Operations Specialist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came into Nucamp only knowing C++ (which I took at my local CC to get familiar with programming). I was eyeing Nucamp for awhile because of the price which seemed unbeatable. I compared other Bay Area bootcamps and found that many were over $10,000. NuCamp has payment plans in which made it easier to pay as well as not having to quit my full-time job.

Since we are in a pandemic and taking this online I thought it was well structured and made it easy to follow. I am used to taking online courses anyways because most of my college classes were online so this was no challenge. However I cannot speak for others, but the community and making new connections made it easier to learn how to code. I was debating on whether doing 'self-taught' or joining a bootcamp  when comparing my experiences at my local CC. In all honestly, I thought the bootcamp approach while learning on your own made the experience worth it. I knew that if I was to take the self taught route I would be distracted and go off course and going to get another degree in CS was pointless. It would be more time wasted as well as piled with more school loans. Since I already have a B.A Degree in Psychology I didn't think it was worth it. The learning structure and applying the code to the workshops made me understand what I was doing. In school I felt that I was not learning because I worried about the letter grade and not so much programming.

If you are on the edge on whether to decide joining a bootcamp, don't feel alone. Why? Because I was in the same position and I also watched countless youtubers on hoping to solidify which path to take. But in the end it is your path to take and where you want to take your career. I got nothing negative to say about Nucamp, to me its everything that I could ever wanted in a bootcamp experience and the structure of how each week made it easy to follow and also add more time in to deep dive in learning.

• Mark Casavantes  User Photo
    Mark Casavantes • Math Teacher • Student Verified via GitHub
    I learned a lot about HTML, CSS and JavaScript that I did not know existed. I strongly recommend this course before taking the more advanced couses. My instructors were very helpful and supportive.
  • Good Value
    - 1/9/2021
    Mark  User Photo
    Mark • Verified via LinkedIn
    Very affordable course that is fast paced. The weekly class is great to work with instructors and peers. Everyone is knowledgable and friendly. Your peers have your back with encouragement and help.
  • Jonathan  User Photo
    Jonathan • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came into this camp wanting to pursue web develpment as a new career path. I came into the fundamentals class having a decent foundation of HTML and CSS. I decided to take the fundamentals class, because I did not have a solid grasp of JavaScript. I finish the fundamentals class pleased with the course. Even though I had taken the FreeCodeCamp JavaScript course beforehand, I feel that the NuCamp material was communicated very well. I started to understand how the building blocks of JS could be used for websites. I feel excited about the projects I completed in the workshops. I feel that the money I spent was worthwhile, and I look forward to the Full-stack Bootcamp!
  • Full Stack
    - 1/9/2021
    Alex  User Photo
    Alex • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Nucamp because for me, personally, I learn better when I in an environment of community. For example, Udemy is great, but I don't get to interact, collaborate, and engage with other students the way that I am able to with Nucamp. Another reason why I chose Nucamp is because it provided for a live instructor element, a real person that would go over and teach the material and be a major source of support. Lastly, the price was right. I found that the cost of the course was extremely affordable, and the company even provided payment plans.
  • Florea Baltag  User Photo
    Florea Baltag • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Why I choose Nucamp: well, for someone who was an absolute newbie into this field, having no clue about coding, starting from zero, it proved that was one of the best decisions that I took so far! They made the content very accessible and divided it into 3 parts: fundamentals, front end, and full-stack, making it very easy for you to know exactly what to choose! I just graduate today the fundamentals, and after a short break, I'll be returning for the full-stack! That's a promise, NuCamp!!!
    What I really liked the most is the financial part; they're really accessible comparing with other schools out there, giving basically a fair chance to everyone to learn to code, refresh their memories or go for a total career change! So overall, I totally recommend it! It is channeling, especially if you don't have a clue, like myself ..but it's rewarding!!!
  • Lisa  User Photo
    Lisa • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    Initially, I chose Nucamp for the price but I learned so much more in the end. I learned HTML, CSS and JavaScript. JavaScript is by far the hardest so far but this class has been very rewarding and educational.
  • Innocent Okoba  User Photo
    Innocent Okoba • IT Specialist • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I chose Nucamp mostly because they provided more than enough information to help me decide what course to register. The pricing was very reasonable and enough materials and learning options were provided to allow me prepare and navigate through the course.
  • Kyle Collins  User Photo
    Kyle Collins • Student Verified via GitHub
    I chose Nucamp's fullstack web dev course due to the flexibility and lower cost associated with the course. It was certainly helpful in giving me basics and a community of current/aspiring devs to be connected with. The instructors are really helpful, and they make themselves available for you to ask questions of and grow.

I wouldn't, however, expect this course to make you job ready just by itself. This course gave me necessary building blocks to grow as a developer, but I also had to use many other resources in order to understand key concepts. If you're expecting this course to be a one-stop-shop for all your needs to become a full time dev, then you'll be disappointed.

With that being said, I have learned a ton about web developement, and Nucamp has no doubt launched me in the right direction toward being a full-time dev. The community, instructors, and resources alone make it well worth the low fee. It's also really helpful to have structure and accountability of classmates to keep coding!

I would definitely recommend Nucamp, but I'd just let people know they'll have to do a lot of extra things alongside Nucamp in order to become a full-time dev!

Nucamp Outcomes

$N/A

Of the students who enroll at Nucamp, 75% graduated. 100% of graduates were job-seeking and 78% of job-seeking graduates found in-field employment after 180 days and report a median income of . Below is the 180 Day Employment Breakdown for 1131 graduates included in this report:

Full Time, In-Field Employee
Short-term contract, part-time position, freelance