iXperience is a summer tech academy based in Cape Town, South Africa. The program is 8 weeks full time, divided into 4 weeks of classroom instruction and a 4 week internship at a local tech startup. Students are not required to have prior coding or technical experience. Class sizes are limited to 25 students. The program focuses on HTML/CSS and Ruby on Rails. Cape Town offers fun non-class activities like surfing, hiking, and more. There are 20-40 hours of pre-work. The final project is a complete, functional web app that is presented and demoed for the class.
iXperience is an 8-week summer educational internship in the most beautiful city in the world. The first 4 weeks are spent learning how to code and build web applications using Ruby on Rails. The last 4 weeks are spent using your newly developed skills and working on real world tech projects with iXperience and local tech companies. After the program you will be equipped with all the tools necessary to build web applications on your own and bring your ideas to life with code. You don’t need prior coding experience to attend, just a do-it-yourself attitude and the desire to have the summer experience of a lifetime.
- iXperience has recently partnered with Platform45, who are awarding $2000 scholarships to students who come up with innovative apps to solve social issues in Africa.
- Minimum Skill Level
- Prep Work
- 20-40 hours
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.