h-academy-logo

H Academy

Hong Kong

H Academy

H Academy offers a 15-week, full-time immersive Full Stack Web Development bootcamp and part-time bootcamps in UX Design (6 weeks), Data Science and Machine Learning (6 weeks), and Digital Marketing (10 weeks) in Hong Kong. All H Academy bootcamps are offered both online and in-person at the H Academy Sheung Wan Hong Kong campus. Courses are held two evenings per week to accommodate school or work schedules. All H Academy students will work on real world projects with companies such as Samsung and Citibank.

The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp was created in collaboration with companies that hire developers, to ensure the course is relevant and helps you to be job ready. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node.js, Express, MVC, SQL, ORM, and more. Students will complete 3 real world projects during the bootcamp.

UX Design bootcamp students will learn experience design (XD), design thinking, Agile, and prototype creation. Students will work on and present projects.

Data Science and Machine Learning bootcamp students will learn how to source, clear, and prep data for analysis, EDA, and methods of regression, classification, and clustering. Students will learn machine learning for games and robotic planning, search algorithms, Monte Carlo simulations, and AlphaGo.

Digital Marketing bootcamp students will learn digital marketing strategy, brand strategy, marketing analytics, and content marketing. Students will learn the strategies of acquiring and engaging customers.

No prior experience or prerequisites are required for HAcademy UX Design, Data Science and Machine Learning, or Digital Marketing bootcamps.

H Academy students will receive career coaching, mentoring, and career workshops throughout the bootcamp. Examples of career workshops include: interview skills, CV building, LinkedIn profile improvement, and job search hacks. H Academy partners with over 800 companies and can also assist students in finding career opportunities upon graduation.

Upon bootcamp completion, all H Academy students will receive a certificate that can be shared via LinkedIn or on their CV. Tuition discounts are available for students who register early or who sign up with a friend.

Recent H Academy Reviews: Rating 4.98

all (55) reviews for H Academy →

Recent H Academy News

• Data Science & Machine Learning

Data Analytics , Data Science, Machine Learning
      CostHK$13,500
      LocationHong Kong
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience required to apply.
    • Digital Marketing

CostHK$22,500
      LocationHong Kong
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience required to apply.
    • Full-Stack Web Development Immersive (Full-Time)

CostHK$46,000
      LocationHong Kong
      15 week full time course, taught by expert instructors and a chance to work on real life projects. Built from the ground up, this course ensures you are job ready to pursue a career in web development. Get a chance to be placed in 1000+ companies, hiring web developers, with our world class career coaches.
      Financing options available
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience is required for this course
    • Introduction to Fintech & AI Part-Time

CostHK$18,000
      LocationHong Kong
      8-weeks part-time course for career transformation. Build fintech and AI domain knowledge, learn python and how to build a chatbot for Samsung. Learn from world-class instructors including fintech product heads and a chief data scientist from a global fintech. You will also receive one-on-one career coaching, and connections to top employers to get you hired.
      Finance options available
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior knowledge is necessary as you will be provided with the foundations including training on python development
    • UX Design

Agile, Design, User Experience Design
      CostHK$16,800
      LocationHong Kong
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience or prerequisites are required.
    • HR Analyst
      - 11/8/2021
      Jerry  User Photo
      Jerry • HR Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      In these 6 weeks, it is one of the most unexpected courses that I have ever had. Design thinking theory is not difficult to understand but the tricky part is how do we apply it in real-life and how can we adjust our mindset to think from the user's point of view. Our instructors Michael , Shirley & Karen had provided a lot of support to us during the lessons and also in their leisure time to help us think and guide us to a user perspective direction. For the real case project, you will have a chance to be a consultant and speak with your client to work on their project. So it is not just a lecture. It is an "on-the-job" training and helps you to be a User Experience Designer.
    • Experience Design
      - 10/25/2021
      James  User Photo
      James • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This course was led by our instructor Michael, a quite personable designer, who specializes in the entreprise design thinking approach to design. Throughout the course he reinforced these principles which we put into effect for our final project with a real world client that we worked with. I feel like this class really put me in the mindsets of both user and designer when considering any given experience and ultimately set a good groundwork for my further work in ux design and research.
    • Alison  User Photo
      Alison • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I enjoyed my instructor Michael's interactive teaching so much. It didn't make me feel it was a long night after work.
      I have to say it was an intensive course coz i've learned to make design prompts, user research, ideation, prototyping, storytelling, and even finished a project in just 6 weeks. Really appreciate there was a chance to meet real clients and other design lead.
    • Sze Yeung  User Photo
      Sze Yeung • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Data science involves quite a big set of skill and knowledge. While some people prefer get it from full time course, others may opt for self learning, a six-weeks part time course may be a suitable middle ground.
      The Data Science and Machine Learning course of H Academy covers all the essentials, can make a complete novice grasping Python basic coding, doing data exploration and visualization with a dataframe and do some model buildings in six weeks time. The instructor, Clare Liu, is a practitioner in the trade with a keen eye of explaining difficult ideas to lay persons, offers practical tips and resources for further exploration.
      While it's impossible to squeeze everything into 24 hours of classes, what the course does is providing a solid foundation for acquiring more skills. And its perks of career coaching, the connection with its sister career platform Happyer, and the idea of forming a learning community with organizing activities like hackathons, are big plusses for the ones who want to get into the trade.
    • Sebastian Lau  User Photo
      Sebastian Lau • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Pros:
      - Project gave us good experience working with a real client
      - Taught skills that were useful for Experience Design
      - Also taught some transferable skills, like storytelling and career planning
      - Was able to utilize everything we learned in the project

Cons:
       - Not much time to do project. Needed to work quite long hours outside of class to finish
    • Bruce Chan  User Photo
      Bruce Chan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have been joined 1 bootcamp before, H Academy is the best one in hong kong for no doubt! A good Bootcamp is base on the tutor Teaching materials and the job assistance. At before Ill think that Bootcamp is really boring and unlimit to  type on the computer but this course is using the easy way and example to let you understand the concept and which situation is the best way to solve the problem, and the job assistance also always follow up what we want to apply to modify the cv! So this course is the best Full-Stack Web Development! It let me ready to work in this industry!
    • Pon Chin Ching  User Photo
      Pon Chin Ching • Graduate Verified via GitHub
      This bootcamp has greatly exceeded my expectations!

The instructors are very experienced and patient, guiding me every step of the way and made sure I was on the right track. They are very flexible with their curriculum, which they adjusted based on our learning pace. The classes sizes are small ensuring we all get adequate 1 on 1 feedback from instructors.

The bootcamp’s curriculum focuses on teaching essential, foundational and in-demand skills and doesn’t put any non-essentials and outdated things into their course curriculum. I enjoyed working on the projects at the end of each module. I learnt the most while working on projects as I was able to consolidate and practice what I had learnt in each module.

Career support is very personalized. It provided me with many opportunities to get connected with current job market, to work on real projects and how to effectively pivot my career in a new direction.
    • Julio Orr  User Photo
      Julio Orr • CEO • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      When I was considering upskilling in digital marketing, what was most important to me was the background of the instructor as this is everything. My instructor for Digital Marketing was previously a Head of Product Marketing at PayMe HSBC and had been teaching for 5 years in General Assembly and now H Academy. My expectations were high! Well, it didn't disappoint, the course was well structured, pace and highly informative. It helped that the instructor was able to share their experiences from many companies she worked in such as HSBC, Olgivy, Swire and others. A truly life-changing course and I wish I had taken the course years ago!
    • Tiffany Tsang  User Photo
      Tiffany Tsang • Market Research Executive • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      If you are an UX newbie who is lost and don't know where to start, this course is definitely a perfect starting point for you.
      Our instructor, Michael Tam, is the best UX instructor one could ever find. Not only he is extremely knowledgeable and experienced in the industry, he also has immense passion in teaching and towards people. He always willing to go for the extra mile to support and help everyone of us when needed, despite his hectic schedule. In this course, apart from being able to learn design thinking in very well-structured way, I am also starting to think of my career path and to tell my unique story based on my background and work experiences.
      Another exciting part of this course is that you are able to work on a real-life project from scratch. It is a safe space for you to "learn by doing", as you can constantly loop and bring new ideas and solutions to the table, while fail quickly and cheaply, which is something you can't  or can be rarely done in the real business world. It is also a golden chance to get a real taste of UX design in the real world and learn how to design a solution that balances between business, tech and most importantly, users.
      Last but not the least, you will get to meet and network with like-minded people who shares the same passion as you! Definitely recommending this course to anyone who wishes to upskill themselves!
    • Joey H  User Photo
      Joey H • Alumni Engagement Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       The reason why I chose to enrol in a physical UX course was 1) the instructor had great experience and background, 2) I can interact and ask the instructor any questions 3) tap into the instructor's professional network 4) meet other aspiring UX designers and be in a community. The best part of the program was being able to work on a real business problem. Not only I get to be hands-on and learn all the concepts and skills right away, but I am also able to build a connection with a potential future employer. This project also gives me a great case study in my portfolio and help me stand out from the crowd as it isn't a hypothetical case study. Through this project I also worked closely with teammates and the business stakeholders, which is a great chance to taste how a real UX job will be.
    • Best UX class
      - 6/3/2021
      King Chan  User Photo
      King Chan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Michael is very clear with all the content he delivers in class. He helps to clarify many common misconception about UX and design and help us to think from user perspective. I like how Michael emphasizes us to get the concept right instead of overly focusing on UI related matter. I appreciate his and TA’s effort to be responsive to students questions on discord.
    • Crystal S  User Photo
      Crystal S • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The course is practical as we could have chances to work with real life cases. We have learnt basic UX concepts as well as worked on different cases to apply the concepts learnt. It gives me the full picture of what UX design looks like. There are a lot of interactive sessions which can truly train us to think deeper. I really enjoy this course as it is not just focused on the theory part, but also with interaction and practical projects!

The instructor and TAs are amazing! They are always willing to help and inspiring. I really enjoy the time to have different reflection and discussion with them. The instructor is experienced and willing to share his experience, really like the way he designs the course for UX newbies.

For H Academy, they have provided various support to us! After joining this course, they have provided several career workshops which are truly useful and practical! I learnt more on how to revamp my resume & linkedin from those workshops. Also appreciate them for providing 1on1 career session to us!

In overall, I really enjoy the course and find it inspiring and useful!