h-academy-logo

H Academy

Hong Kong

H Academy

H Academy offers a 15-week, full-time immersive Full Stack Web Development bootcamp and part-time bootcamps in UX Design (6 weeks), Data Science and Machine Learning (6 weeks), and Digital Marketing (10 weeks) in Hong Kong. All H Academy bootcamps are offered both online and in-person at the H Academy Sheung Wan Hong Kong campus. Courses are held two evenings per week to accommodate school or work schedules. All H Academy students will work on real world projects with companies such as Samsung and Citibank.

The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp was created in collaboration with companies that hire developers, to ensure the course is relevant and helps you to be job ready. The curriculum covers HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Node.js, Express, MVC, SQL, ORM, and more. Students will complete 3 real world projects during the bootcamp.

UX Design bootcamp students will learn experience design (XD), design thinking, Agile, and prototype creation. Students will work on and present projects.

Data Science and Machine Learning bootcamp students will learn how to source, clear, and prep data for analysis, EDA, and methods of regression, classification, and clustering. Students will learn machine learning for games and robotic planning, search algorithms, Monte Carlo simulations, and AlphaGo.

Digital Marketing bootcamp students will learn digital marketing strategy, brand strategy, marketing analytics, and content marketing. Students will learn the strategies of acquiring and engaging customers.

No prior experience or prerequisites are required for HAcademy UX Design, Data Science and Machine Learning, or Digital Marketing bootcamps.

H Academy students will receive career coaching, mentoring, and career workshops throughout the bootcamp. Examples of career workshops include: interview skills, CV building, LinkedIn profile improvement, and job search hacks. H Academy partners with over 800 companies and can also assist students in finding career opportunities upon graduation.

Upon bootcamp completion, all H Academy students will receive a certificate that can be shared via LinkedIn or on their CV. Tuition discounts are available for students who register early or who sign up with a friend.

Recent H Academy Reviews: Rating 4.97

all (36) reviews for H Academy →

Recent H Academy News

• Data Science & Machine Learning

Machine Learning, Data Science, Data Analytics
      CostHK$13,500
      LocationHong Kong
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience required to apply.
    • Digital Marketing

CostHK$22,500
      LocationHong Kong
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience required to apply.
    • Full-Stack Web Development Immersive (Full-Time)

CostHK$46,000
      LocationHong Kong
      15 week full time course, taught by expert instructors and a chance to work on real life projects. Built from the ground up, this course ensures you are job ready to pursue a career in web development. Get a chance to be placed in 1000+ companies, hiring web developers, with our world class career coaches.
      Financing options available
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience is required for this course
    • Introduction to Fintech & AI Part-Time

CostHK$18,000
      LocationHong Kong
      8-weeks part-time course for career transformation. Build fintech and AI domain knowledge, learn python and how to build a chatbot for Samsung. Learn from world-class instructors including fintech product heads and a chief data scientist from a global fintech. You will also receive one-on-one career coaching, and connections to top employers to get you hired.
      Finance options available
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior knowledge is necessary as you will be provided with the foundations including training on python development
    • UX Design

User Experience Design, Design, Agile
      CostHK$16,800
      LocationHong Kong
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior experience or prerequisites are required.
    • Tiffany Tsang  User Photo
      Tiffany Tsang • Market Research Executive • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      If you are an UX newbie who is lost and don't know where to start, this course is definitely a perfect starting point for you.
      Our instructor, Michael Tam, is the best UX instructor one could ever find. Not only he is extremely knowledgeable and experienced in the industry, he also has immense passion in teaching and towards people. He always willing to go for the extra mile to support and help everyone of us when needed, despite his hectic schedule. In this course, apart from being able to learn design thinking in very well-structured way, I am also starting to think of my career path and to tell my unique story based on my background and work experiences.
      Another exciting part of this course is that you are able to work on a real-life project from scratch. It is a safe space for you to "learn by doing", as you can constantly loop and bring new ideas and solutions to the table, while fail quickly and cheaply, which is something you can't  or can be rarely done in the real business world. It is also a golden chance to get a real taste of UX design in the real world and learn how to design a solution that balances between business, tech and most importantly, users.
      Last but not the least, you will get to meet and network with like-minded people who shares the same passion as you! Definitely recommending this course to anyone who wishes to upskill themselves!
    • Joey H  User Photo
      Joey H • Alumni Engagement Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
       The reason why I chose to enrol in a physical UX course was 1) the instructor had great experience and background, 2) I can interact and ask the instructor any questions 3) tap into the instructor's professional network 4) meet other aspiring UX designers and be in a community. The best part of the program was being able to work on a real business problem. Not only I get to be hands-on and learn all the concepts and skills right away, but I am also able to build a connection with a potential future employer. This project also gives me a great case study in my portfolio and help me stand out from the crowd as it isn't a hypothetical case study. Through this project I also worked closely with teammates and the business stakeholders, which is a great chance to taste how a real UX job will be.
    • Best UX class
      - 6/3/2021
      King Chan  User Photo
      King Chan • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      Michael is very clear with all the content he delivers in class. He helps to clarify many common misconception about UX and design and help us to think from user perspective. I like how Michael emphasizes us to get the concept right instead of overly focusing on UI related matter. I appreciate his and TA’s effort to be responsive to students questions on discord.
    • Crystal S  User Photo
      Crystal S • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The course is practical as we could have chances to work with real life cases. We have learnt basic UX concepts as well as worked on different cases to apply the concepts learnt. It gives me the full picture of what UX design looks like. There are a lot of interactive sessions which can truly train us to think deeper. I really enjoy this course as it is not just focused on the theory part, but also with interaction and practical projects!

The instructor and TAs are amazing! They are always willing to help and inspiring. I really enjoy the time to have different reflection and discussion with them. The instructor is experienced and willing to share his experience, really like the way he designs the course for UX newbies.

For H Academy, they have provided various support to us! After joining this course, they have provided several career workshops which are truly useful and practical! I learnt more on how to revamp my resume & linkedin from those workshops. Also appreciate them for providing 1on1 career session to us!

In overall, I really enjoy the course and find it inspiring and useful!
    • Chu  User Photo
      Chu • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The course is quite different from general course. The course is held by a real fintech company, so I can get reach to their CEO and understand what a fintech company was. And also, as rookie on Finanical, they provide a clear understanding lesson for me to understand some basic financial knowledge. It's a  new operating course, so there is some problem on course structure, but all teachers and mentors able to revise it asap. On the final day of the course, I appreciate all my tutors, thanks for teaching me from zero to a chatbot that able to publish on internet.
    • Jay Lee  User Photo
      Jay Lee • Project Manager • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I'm now 5 weeks into the H Academy Data science course and I've already begun incorporating a lot of the concepts I've learned into my work and I can honestly say i've become a more effective project manager as a result. Data science is a complex subject so I initially doubted how much I could learn within the short 6 weeks. But, while the pace of the class is fast, the instructor walks through multiple real world examples of all concepts we learn which really helps me understand the material better. She also assigns weekly homework that is perfect for practicing the programming language syntax.

Admittedly, this is not an easy course you can just cruise through. You will definitely have to spend some time outside of class to review the material in order to maximize your learning. However, the instructor is always willing to review concepts should there be any confusion and there is ample supplemental notes/documents provided to support your independent studies. It's not easy to find crash courses that are actually effective. H Academy's Data Science course in my opinion is one of the few I've taken that is.
    • Vera Chan  User Photo
      Vera Chan • Content Marketer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      Rarely do you have such a comprehensive boot camp. Short and sweet for exactly what you need — this course taught by Adriana Lica has been broken down into the core elements that you would need to know, whether you are starting out to learn about digital marketing or whether you are looking to upskill. Each section has been introduced in an easy-to-understand manner that flows. Concrete examples are given along the way to help you understand and envision the case studies better. With group interaction and in-class exercises, you quickly learn how to wrap your head around marketing concepts and how you can become a successful marketer with key basics. Adriana is willing to go above and beyond to help you learn along the way and master your final project which will culminate all that you have learnt to go out with a bang.
    • Whitney Fung  User Photo
      Whitney Fung • PR Executive • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      The digital marketing course is indeed very useful and practical. We get to develop a real business idea and through leveraging marketing tactics to optimize the results based on the things that we learnt and receive constructive comments from the instructor and classmates so we could further improve. Adriana is very experienced in brand building in the corporate world so she is able to give industry insights and real-world examples as she knows exactly what works and what doesn't. Plus, she is very hands-on and patient, keen to answer our questions. The in-class activities are fun & engaging, and it's definitely a good way to learn and stimulate your innovative thinking after work, with lots of brain-storming and discussions going on.  While all of us are coming from different background, it is actually a great opportunity to meet people and network as well.  They are also super helpful in providing career advice, that's really value-added. This course definitely makes a good investment and allows you to up-skill yourself, whether you wanna build your own business , to level up your career or even on a personal level, I am sure you can gain something out of it!
    • Kaur Meno Preet  User Photo
      Kaur Meno Preet • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This course has helped develop my skills in the field of digital marketing and has increased my work opportunities in the field. Adriana is a great instructor as she uses real practical examples and exercises to teach us about different digital marketing strategies. Being taught in this manner allows me to be thoroughly engaged throughout the course. It also allows me to apply skills learnt in-class to situations and problems that I face in work-related scenarios. Adriana's highly experienced in the field of digital marketing and has worked with big well-established companies. She incorporated what she learnt working with these companies into her course materials which was highly informative and helpful for me as a graduate who's looking for digital marketing opportunities within these well-established companies. This course was very helpful in allowing me to upskill myself. Highly recommend!
    • Anshul Ghanshala  User Photo
      Anshul Ghanshala • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I have a strong interest to develop my career in fintech and I chanced across this course at H Academy and I am so glad I did! It is such a unique experience, being able to attend an 8 week course inside the office of a fintech company at Prive Technologies, learning from expert instructors in AI and Product. This course teaches you a lot from domain knowledge in fintech to learning how to build chatbots and apply them into wealth journeys. It is a fast paced course, so you need to keep up but it's well worth it and definitely can help you boost your chances to get a career in FinTech! They also offer practical projects with banks and a global mobile maker so you get to apply your learning into real projects. I highly recommend this course for anyone wanting to learn about chatbots or getting into FinTech. Most academies offer courses, but H Academy not only offer quality courses but they have a very strong career support as they have their own job platform. They have helped me land 3 internships including one with a global chemical company recently. Their career support is second to none! 5 stars all the way!
    • Adnan Saeed  User Photo
      Adnan Saeed • Student @ Hong Kong Baptist University • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This course is the transformational experience that I was looking for. It has enabled me to develop my dream career as a Business Designer. The instructor, Michael Tam brings IBM experience in the class with hands on activities and intensive in class discussion. Michael just brings best of the best to us in every class. Michael is very helpful, kind and supportive. Another amazing aspect of this course is the client-end project, which is intense and the most up-close experience one can have as a UX Designer. I got all the in-class and out of class support from Micheal, Julio and H Academy. The one who is reading this review, take this course, go for it and it is hands down the best UX course designed to bring students the delightful learning experience.
    • Jay Ng  User Photo
      Jay Ng • Founder of Creative Studio • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      This is my first ever design thinking course in my life. And it is more than a design course.

It is the kind of course that teaches you to fail cheaply and quickly. Through out the course, we constantly practiced Enterprise Design Thinking in workshop sessions prepared by our instructor Michael Tam, who has more than 10 years of experience in well-known advertising agencies for more than 10 years. There might be times we were stuck in thinking human-centric-ly, but it is okay. We get our thoughts on paper with post-its, step back, and ask as many "why"s as possible. Then we ideated, reflected, and looping this process again and again.

There are always a lot of unexpected things where we don't know what to do at times. But this is also the course that helps you to truly embrace ambiguity by bettering ourselves into a constantly improving individual - from drafting a product, designing an experience, developing a new business, or in life generally.