H Academy offers a 15-week, full-time immersive Full Stack Web Development bootcamp and part-time bootcamps in UX Design (6 weeks), Data Science and Machine Learning (6 weeks), and Digital Marketing (10 weeks) in Hong Kong. All H Academy bootcamps are offered both online and in-person at the H Academy Sheung Wan Hong Kong campus. Courses are held two evenings per week to accommodate school or work schedules. All H Academy students will work on real world projects with companies such as Samsung and Citibank.
UX Design bootcamp students will learn experience design (XD), design thinking, Agile, and prototype creation. Students will work on and present projects.
Data Science and Machine Learning bootcamp students will learn how to source, clear, and prep data for analysis, EDA, and methods of regression, classification, and clustering. Students will learn machine learning for games and robotic planning, search algorithms, Monte Carlo simulations, and AlphaGo.
Digital Marketing bootcamp students will learn digital marketing strategy, brand strategy, marketing analytics, and content marketing. Students will learn the strategies of acquiring and engaging customers.
No prior experience or prerequisites are required for HAcademy UX Design, Data Science and Machine Learning, or Digital Marketing bootcamps.
H Academy students will receive career coaching, mentoring, and career workshops throughout the bootcamp. Examples of career workshops include: interview skills, CV building, LinkedIn profile improvement, and job search hacks. H Academy partners with over 800 companies and can also assist students in finding career opportunities upon graduation.
Upon bootcamp completion, all H Academy students will receive a certificate that can be shared via LinkedIn or on their CV. Tuition discounts are available for students who register early or who sign up with a friend.
Recent H Academy Reviews: Rating 4.92
Recent H Academy News
Start Date None scheduled Cost HK$13,500 Class size N/A Location Hong KongData Science and Machine Learning bootcamp students will learn how to source, clear, and prep data for analysis, EDA, and methods of regression, classification, and clustering. Students will learn machine learning for games and robotic planning, search algorithms, Monte Carlo simulations, and AlphaGo.
Minimum Skill Level No prior experience required to apply. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date June 1, 2021 Cost HK$22,500 Class size N/A Location Hong KongDigital Marketing bootcamp students will learn digital marketing strategy, brand strategy, marketing analytics, and content marketing. Students will learn the strategies of acquiring and engaging customers.
Minimum Skill Level No prior experience required to apply. Placement Test No Interview No
More Start DatesJune 1, 2021 - Hong Kong
In PersonFull Time40 Hours/week15 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost HK$46,000 Class size 20 Location Hong Kong15 week full time course, taught by expert instructors and a chance to work on real life projects. Built from the ground up, this course ensures you are job ready to pursue a career in web development. Get a chance to be placed in 1000+ companies, hiring web developers, with our world class career coaches.
Deposit N/A FinancingFinancing options available
Minimum Skill Level No prior experience is required for this course Placement Test No Interview No
- Data Science, Data Visualization, Data Analytics , Data Structures, Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, Python, Machine Learning, Data Engineering
In PersonFull Time4 Hours/week8 Weeks
Start Date None scheduled Cost HK$18,000 Class size 20 Location Hong Kong8-weeks part-time course for career transformation. Build fintech and AI domain knowledge, learn python and how to build a chatbot for Samsung. Learn from world-class instructors including fintech product heads and a chief data scientist from a global fintech. You will also receive one-on-one career coaching, and connections to top employers to get you hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingFinance options available
Minimum Skill Level No prior knowledge is necessary as you will be provided with the foundations including training on python development Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost HK$16,800 Class size N/A Location Hong KongUX Design bootcamp students will learn experience design (XD), design thinking, Agile, and prototype creation. Students will work on and present projects.
Minimum Skill Level No prior experience or prerequisites are required. Placement Test No Interview No
H Academy Reviews
12 reviews sorted by:
- Fantastic Course to learn about AI and Fintech- 4/11/2021Anshul Ghanshala • Student • Course: Data Science & Machine Learning • Campus: Hong Kong • Verified via LinkedInI have a strong interest to develop my career in fintech and I chanced across this course at H Academy and I am so glad I did! It is such a unique experience, being able to attend an 8 week course inside the office of a fintech company at Prive Technologies, learning from expert instructors in AI and Product. This course teaches you a lot from domain knowledge in fintech to learning how to build chatbots and apply them into wealth journeys. It is a fast paced course, so you need to keep up but it's well worth it and definitely can help you boost your chances to get a career in FinTech! They also offer practical projects with banks and a global mobile maker so you get to apply your learning into real projects. I highly recommend this course for anyone wanting to learn about chatbots or getting into FinTech. Most academies offer courses, but H Academy not only offer quality courses but they have a very strong career support as they have their own job platform. They have helped me land 3 internships including one with a global chemical company recently. Their career support is second to none! 5 stars all the way!
- Hands down the BEST UX Course out there- 3/30/2021Adnan Saeed • Student @ Hong Kong Baptist University • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Hong Kong • Verified via LinkedInThis course is the transformational experience that I was looking for. It has enabled me to develop my dream career as a Business Designer. The instructor, Michael Tam brings IBM experience in the class with hands on activities and intensive in class discussion. Michael just brings best of the best to us in every class. Michael is very helpful, kind and supportive. Another amazing aspect of this course is the client-end project, which is intense and the most up-close experience one can have as a UX Designer. I got all the in-class and out of class support from Micheal, Julio and H Academy. The one who is reading this review, take this course, go for it and it is hands down the best UX course designed to bring students the delightful learning experience.
- Redesign your thinking- 3/30/2021Jay Ng • Founder of Creative Studio • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Hong Kong • Verified via LinkedInThis is my first ever design thinking course in my life. And it is more than a design course.
It is the kind of course that teaches you to fail cheaply and quickly. Through out the course, we constantly practiced Enterprise Design Thinking in workshop sessions prepared by our instructor Michael Tam, who has more than 10 years of experience in well-known advertising agencies for more than 10 years. There might be times we were stuck in thinking human-centric-ly, but it is okay. We get our thoughts on paper with post-its, step back, and ask as many "why"s as possible. Then we ideated, reflected, and looping this process again and again.
There are always a lot of unexpected things where we don't know what to do at times. But this is also the course that helps you to truly embrace ambiguity by bettering ourselves into a constantly improving individual - from drafting a product, designing an experience, developing a new business, or in life generally.
- Experience Design Part-Time- 3/30/2021Lewis Wang • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Hong Kong • Verified via LinkedInThis class was a great experience that emphasises Empathy at its core as you spend countless days and hours trying to understand your user.
The instructor Michael Tam has a lot of experience and makes it easy to understand. Kudos to Julio and his team to always providing assistance throughout the course!
Cons: I wish the course was longer; I was having so much fun and making new friends.
- CHAN Ho Ming • Student • Student • Course: Data Science & Machine Learning • Campus: Hong Kong • Verified via LinkedInThe course conductor was professional and possesses top-notch skills as proved by his career background of working in the QFin space. His teaching and the materials provided were to-the-point, making picking up data science a lot easier than originally foreseen. The class size was small, such that each student would receive optimal level of guidance. Overall, it was a good experience to kickstart one's learning in the data science field.
- Edouard Bellin • Consultant • Graduate • Course: Data Science & Machine Learning • Campus: Hong KongThis 6-week program was packed with a LOT of practical courses and exercises touching on a variety of elements related to machine learning (and some deep learning.) If you're looking for theoretical classes, this isn't it. From the first class onward, we dove deep into Python to approach a lot of different problems from an analytical and coding perspective. While you technically don't need prior coding experience with Python to do this course, I would recommend getting the basics under your belt using any of the available free resources online so you can dive right in (the 6 weeks can go by fast!) What I got most out of it was a much more data-driven mindset when approaching problems that revolve around manipulating large datasets. For instance, soon after this course I started an online course on financial analysis and had to analyze a large dataset from the IMF (which includes GDPs from every country in the world from the past 30+ years...) After the course provided steps to use their Excel sheet, the first thing I thought was, "Wait a minute... I can definitely use Python for this!" The instructor was always eager to help out whenever we'd encounter obstacles in our homework. Do keep this in mind: while it may be challenging to balance your current 9-6 workload + this course, the more time you make for it to practice what you learn at home before class, the easier it'll be later on. Great experience!
- Data Science- 4/1/2021John Jacobson • Graduate • Course: Data Science & Machine Learning • Campus: Hong KongThe course provided a comprehensive introduction to data science. Lessons were focused on the practical elements of machine learning and its implementation at the workplace. Our mentor’s skilled instruction combined with the small class size made for a highly productive learning environment. Coding materials were thorough and easy to understand which really helped with homework assignments. I recommend this class to anyone wishing to up-skill or satisfy their intellectual curiosity.
- Unparalleled experience with H Academy- 4/1/2021Tori • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Hong KongThe entire course was very well-organized and the course content was very well thought out. Michael Tam was not only a wonderfully engaging and knowledgeable instructor, he consistently went out of his way to ensure the whole class was provided the resources and support needed in order to be set up for success to complete the course. In addition to the support provided by our instructor, all the students who took the course were given to option to attend workshops with a career coach and offered 1:1 time with the Happyer team for further career advice. The course was twice a week (around 6-7 hours per week in class) for 6 weeks - I would suggest to those who are interested in the course to ensure they have the flexibility to dedicate at least an additional 1-2 hours per day to the course to self-study and work on projects with their team. Overall, whether or not you're looking into switching careers into UX design, I would highly recommend looking into this course for anyone interested in user experience design as a whole.
- Data Science and Machine Learning- 3/31/2021Edwin Ho • Graduate • Course: Data Science & Machine Learning • Campus: Hong KongThe Data Science and Machine Learning course provided me with a solid introduction to using Python and knowing about the basic theories of Machine Learning.
Within the six-week block, an intense and packed course plan allows you to dive into what you need to know and where to find more information and solutions for your Python coding problems. Often the class consists of an introduction to the topic and an exercise and then homework for before the next class.
The course I thought was good, it drove me to finally knuckle down to learn what I've had an interest in for a while but never did due to distractions or just plain lack of focus if you learn from online channels. However, this course is a course where the more you put in the more you take out. Overall I would recommend this course to those that are exploring data science as a hobby or a potential career.
- Aaron Fung • Graphic Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Hong Kong"Design is like washing a pig", you learn from doing. I got a chance to apply methodologies which was used by an international tech giant in a real business project with classmates from different backgrounds. The process is fun, motivating and rewarding. Our instructor, Michael Tam, is knowledgable and is willing to share his own experience without holding back. A lot of additional materials was provided by Michael to guide me through the concepts of UI/UX design, it is that extra step he is taking which get the best out of you. There were also support and workshops for my career by Happyer and Workhap throughout the course. This course is well-planned, inspirational and encouraging. I am not only learning the hard skills of UI/UX but a way of thinking that can change my career entirely.
- It's exploratory, fruitful experience.- 3/28/2021Nancy Chow • Ecommerce Specialist • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Hong KongOur instructor, Michael Tam from IBM iX, leaves students with greatest freedom and guide us in various turning points during the projects. Besides that, I've met great classmates from extensive background. This changed me a lot! The experience in this class is totally out of my expectation --- not only worth for money, but also worth for both time and effort! We gain a lot of satisfaction, happiness, and career advices from professionals in the H Academy. Therefore, I'm highly recommend this class to learners who wanna explore more on experience design, and want to connect H Academy's network for further development.
- A life-changing experience!!- 3/28/2021Fian Yuen • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Hong KongIt was an awesome experience and I would definitely recommend it!! Very intense boot camp style course, very well organized and our instrutor Michael is extremely knowledgeable and helpful, in many ways. I am not gonna share too much about the course, you gonna explore it yourself. --"Embrace ambiguity " :) One of the biggest learn from this course. Just one tip : Be prepared to be consumed by the course, but it is well worth your time and money! I had a lot of support both during class time and outside of class from Michael and Julio - (Co-Founder & CEO at Happyer.io & H Academy)