coding-temple-logo

Coding Temple

Austin, Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Online, Schaumburg, Washington

Coding Temple

Coding Temple offers 10-week, full-stack coding bootcamps and data science bootcamps with campuses in Chicago, Boston, and live online. The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp focuses on ASP.NET, C#, MVC, JavaScript, JQuery and more. The Python + Data Science bootcamp covers Python, SQL, React, JQuery, Numpy, and more. Students will also learn best practices including Test Driven Development and Agile Development and how to develop industry standard application and get hands on experience with partnered clients. Coding Temple also offers weekend workshops on specific topics.

To apply, applicants should complete an online application. They will then discuss goals and expectations with a member of the Coding Temple Admissions team, followed by an instructor interview and technical screening. Once admitted, students must complete 40 to 60 hours of pre-work before the first in-class session.

Graduates of Coding Temple's programs will have a portfolio of work including a final project to showcase to potential employers. Students receive career preparation throughout the bootcamp including resume prep, mock interviews, and exams which mimic technical challenges for job applications. Coding Temple grads will become part of a large alumni network.

Recent Coding Temple Reviews: Rating 4.92

all (123) reviews for Coding Temple →

Recent Coding Temple News

Read all (11) articles about Coding Temple →
  • Full Stack Immersive Web Development

LocationDallas, Washington, Chicago, Boston, Online
    Coding Temple’s 10 Week Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. For the .NET course, we’ve focused on a set of mature technologies created and maintained by Microsoft, as well as several open-source libraries. The languages covered in this course consistently rank as some of the most-popular and in-demand across several different indexes. Furthermore, The Coding Temple instructors feel that the ease-of-use and capability of these development tools are some of the best available. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain the knowledge required to consider themselves full-stack software developers.
    • In House Financing
    • Lending Partner: Skills.Fund
    • Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansPay in full Long Term Financing Income Share Agreement
    Refund / GuaranteeGuaranteed job within 6 months of graduation or full tuition reimbursement
    ScholarshipYes
  • Full-Stack Python + Data Science

LocationDallas, Washington, Chicago, Boston, Online
    Coding Temple’s 10 Week Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain
    In House Financing
    Lending Partner: SkillsFund
    Income Share Agreement Available
    Tuition PlansIn House Financing Lending Partner: Skills.Fund Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipCollege Student Scholarship- $500 • Veterans Scholarship- $500 • Women in Tech- $500
  • Online Full-Stack Python + Data Science

Coding Temple’s 10 Week Live Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain
    In House Financing

• Income Share Agreement

• Great Investment
    - 5/18/2018
    Josh Lim • tsotso@ninefourtwo.com • Graduate

I had virtually no coding experience going into the 11-week program, but I came out knowledgeable and confident. I was able to land a job as a Junior Developer about a month after graduating the course. Small class sizes and extremely knowledgeable instructors make Coding Temple well worth your money. Put in the time & effort, and remain curious and passionate, and you will be rewarded - as I was.

• Shivani P  User Photo
    Shivani P • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took Coding Temple's online Full Time Python + Data Science 10 week course. I have nothing but great things to say about my experience! First and foremost, I am so happy that they offer an online version of this course, it is extremely efficient and beneficial to be able to learn from anywhere. Having very little knowledge of programming, it seemed daunting at first, but the teachers at Coding Temple are so knowledgeable, patient and willing to help you succeed. Ripal was incredibly helpful in sending supplemental information for any area that I was struggling with, which really helped me better grasp a lot of the material. The course curriculum was very well thought out, allowing students to learn in the most effective way in 10 weeks without being overwhelmed. In addition to the online course, homework is assigned to test your knowledge outside of class. Although the assignments were difficult, the hands on experience helped me practice what I had learned in class. Coding temple also helps you prepare for your job search by helping you build your resume, reviewing technical interview questions with you and bringing in recruiters from a wide range of companies.
    Overall I had a great experience and I would definitely recommend signing up for this course to anyone who is interested in kick starting their coding career!
  • Michael W  User Photo
    Michael W • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    First things first, I attended the Part Time Online Coding Bootcamp at the Coding Temple in January.  Overall I would highly recommend this course.  It is not for the faint of heart and does take time that will need to be dedicated to succeed but if you do it will be well worth it.

For me, programming has always been a passion. Starting with my first exposure to C++ in college.  This passion grew over the years with me developing android application for the various companies I was with as well as arduino projects.  Nothing high level just mainly tools to accomplish my various tasks and stuff for fun.  Prior to becoming a developer I had a very successful career in systems engineering.  Working with a wide variety of scanners, laser CNC machines, and robotics.  So for me the thought of changing careers was that of a pursuit of happiness rather than a urgent need.

Now the choice of picking a bootcamp is not an easy choice.  What I wanted was simply to do an in-person bootcamp (something the coding temple offers).  However with my travel schedule I thought I was stuck with having to only consider bootcamps that were fully online.  No hybrid (online/onsite) options.  Then I found out about the Coding Temple.  The Part Time Online Bootcamp that Coding Temple offers is something special.  I was able to get the training in what ever state I was in at the moment and local training at the Chicago facility when I was home.  I was even able to sit in on some of the lectures with the fulltime students.  My instructor Derek was fantastic and really knew what he was talking about and the guys at the Chicago facility were always available and ready for any questions.  As a massive bonus is the job placement, and the guys at the Temple really take that seriously. Now your experience may vary but I was able to lock up an offer prior to finishing the bootcamp in the middle of the pandemic in 2020.

In conclusion, this course was challenging and takes a lot of time after work but if you can push through it and really apply yourself the results are not only worth it but extremely rewarding as you work though the various projects.

• Nathaniel Scholnick  User Photo
    Nathaniel Scholnick • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I took Coding Temple's 10 week web development course in person in Boston, Fall 2019.
    First and foremost, I should qualify my experience in that I had a math degree prior to taking this course. This is absolutely not a prerequisite for success, but relative to my peers and others' testimonies it is absolutely contributed to a softer learning curve and thus a less stressful, more enjoyable experience. All my classmates were also well educated, tech savvy, and had minimal (but some!) coding experience prior to taking the course. None of us faltered much, but this is 100% because of those preexisting competencies. If you genuinely have no experience with logical problem solving, low computer literacy, etc. then you need to build more of a foundation before the course starts. In this case, I'd recommend reaching out early as Ripal has tons of excellent pre-course resources!
    As for the course, the best part was the instructor. Everyone will agree here. Connor was excellent. It is however disappointing for all you prospective students that he now works as a developer. The curriculum was good. By default the weekend projects don't get reviewed or graded very rigorously, but they're good about having someone available with whom to review your work more thoroughly.
    Bootcamps are a very new and rapidly growing industry, and this can be felt. Coding Temple has a b it of disorganization and growing pains, but overall is highly professional. For example, course hours are shorter than advertised and there isn't much infrastructure in place to handle unexpected events, such as the instructor getting sick. That said, they work hard to serve their students and do not give off shameless money-seeking vibes like a lot of bootcamps. Their transparency in terms of graduation career placement statistics and post-grad resources are a great testament to this.
    Finally, and this is the real reason anyone would be considering this avenue and reading this: career placement. They work. Now I am a very lucky example in that I was hired in an immediate offer at my first interview, but with a few months of persistence almost everyone lands a desirable job. The biggest way they helped me was fluffing my resume. Basically skirting the line of how much low-key lying is acceptable in the corporate world. At the end of the day your success is in your own hands, but both in terms of concrete resources and less tangible emotional support, Coding Temple makes a very strong offering.
  • Maksim Khatamov  User Photo
    Maksim Khatamov • Software Developer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Hello feature programmer. My name is Max. I attended to Coding Temple and have ZERO regrets. At first I wasn't sure if I will make it due to how borring and easy courses in college were. I though I would stop going mid way and my money would be wasted. However, I quickly learned that it wasn't a case at all. Everyday I was challenged with interesting tasks and questions. I enjoyed working, doing research and competing with fellow classmates as well as working and sharing what we know. It felt very great actually learning not just for the test but for actual experience. The professor was amazing. He had a lot of experience and was not an easy going on you. He would not give you answers. He would make you work for it until you did as much research you can and as much work as you can. He taught us the real world programming and not easy stuff that college offers. Would recommend this anytime.

• Patrick Nedumackal  User Photo
    Patrick Nedumackal • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I don't think I'll ever go through a course or even put in an environment where everyone around you has your back and is looking out for you to ensure your success. One of things that stuck out to me was throughout the course one of the instructors said "Once you're apart of Coding Temple, you're apart of Coding Temple for life". And it's crazy how true that statement is because they're always checking up on you if you need anything, if you want to learn anything else, if you have any questions on your current situation or even if you just want to hang out with them. Throughout the course a numerous amount of alumni would always come in just to hang out, learn, and do work there so it really is a family environment where they all genuinely want the best for you and for everyone else. They made learning the different aspects a priority and were always available post class hours if you had any questions on the material. All the resources anyone would ever need is provided by them and they always look out for you. Greatest decision I ever made.

• Paul Klein  User Photo
    Paul Klein • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I enjoyed my time at Coding Temple, and definitely feel like I got an education worthy of the money spent. Connor is a great, knowledgeable teacher, and could answer just about any questions we had for him. He helped us do mock interviews to prepare for real job interviews, and was available for support whenever we needed it. My only real complaint is that I wish the class had a little more structure, or at least that we stuck more closely to the structure initially laid out. I can't really complain though, since the important part is the education, and I do really feel qualified for a job in this field now, which is all I was really looking for. Overall, definitely recommended! The small class sizes are a huge plus as well.

• Liam R  User Photo
    Liam R • Software Developer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I came to coding temple with no prior programming experience. What appealed to me most were the small class sizes; there were 6 of us in the cohort. Connor, our instructor, challenged us and was happy to answer any question we had. After 10 weeks, I feel that I have enough knowledge to be employed as a full-stack software developer.

• Laura Rivera  User Photo
    Laura Rivera • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

At coding temple, I just finished their 10 week full stack course. I received so much support from both my teacher and my cohort. The bootcamp was challenging and I learned so much. I gave up my graduate school program to do this, and I learned more the past 10 weeks then I did in my grad school program. The knowledge you will gain here is practical, and applicable.  My instructor Joel Carter was informative, patient, and pushed us to limits I didn't know I had. It was a great class, and he answered all of our questions and helped us work through our coursework. The portfolio-based cirriculum is amazing to help kick-off your tech career. The course topics will prepare you for life in the world of tech. Ripal has been amazing with career advice, resume and cover letter review, and setting us up with the right people for networking. The transition to a new career is terrifying, but if you apply yourself you will be okay. Do the pre-work, show up EVERY day. Amazing things can happen for you here. When they told me my final project I would be launching a web application, I took a big gulp and was so nervous about it. But 10 weeks later there it is...my app! I couldn't be happier and I'm really looking forward to where this takes me in my career.

• Dennis  User Photo
    Dennis • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

If you're looking for a solid coding curriculum and a strong kickstart to a web development career, this is it. I'll admit that I was skeptical about what to expect out of a coding boot camp going into this course even after reading the reviews on here but after a few weeks, I felt like I was in the right place. The class size was perfect and the instructor, Connor, was patient with everyone and answered every question I had even though there were many. I heard horror stories about some of the other commercialized boot camps out there from some of the other students and was glad I picked this one. I was struck by how professional everyone was and how determined the staff was at getting all the students hired to positions that best fit them. There were some students that were less experienced programmers but the instructor was able to adapt the curriculum to their strengths and helped them create a solid final project by the final week. There were practice technical interviews at the end of the week to get us prepped for the job search. Ripal, one of the co-founders stopped in during the final week when several companies came in to interview us and offered advice and feedback on our resumes and presentations. We were encouraged to keep in touch with our fellow alumni afterwards and to check in if we have coding questions as we search for jobs. Great experience overall and I would highly recommend Coding Temple to anyone.

• Craig  User Photo
    Craig • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

During my time at a couple tech companies, I felt kind of limited by my lack of coding knowledge and experience. To remedy this, I decided to enroll in a full-time coding bootcamp. Originally, I was going to choose General Assembly, however, I did some more research discovered that Coding Temple was a much better option.

Coding Temple's Python & Data Science Bootcamp was worth every penny. There are a number of advantages this bootcamp has over its competitors. The class size is limited to eight people, making sure each student gets the right amount of attention. The course material is tailored to the students' needs. For example, some of us required user authentication for our applications so Connor, the instructor, made sure he went over OAuth. The course was structured in a way that allowed us to quickly understand many different languages/frameworks/tools without being overwhelmed. We would learn the Flask backend framework and gradually learn how it can be integrated with a React frontend framework. The homework we were assigned was difficult but not too difficult, allowing us to challenge ourselves and develop our coding skills outside of the class. By the end of the course, my fellow students and I were able to build full-stack web applications. My final project incorporated two different programming languages, two frameworks, numerous APIs and a number of other tools/libraries taught throughout the course.

Throughout the entire course, the staff was there to make sure we were taken care of. Kirsten, the one in charge of marketing, helped us keep track of the schedule, create more visible and comprehensive LinkedIn profiles and practice behavioral interviews. Ripal, one of the bootcamp's founders, overhauled our resumes to make them more relevant for coding jobs, made sure our career interests were addressed during the recruiting process and reached out to numerous companies and individuals to generate interest from recruiters. Connor, our instructor, taught the material in a way that could be easily understood, made himself available outside of class to help with our homework or projects and was very patient while working with those of us who were struggling with different parts of the curriculum.

If you're looking for a job after graduating from a bootcamp, Coding Temple is where it's at. I was even able to get an associate software engineer job offer weeks before graduating. Through mock interviews involving behavioral questions, coding tests and overviews of projects that I've built, I was well-prepared to talk with recruiters and interviewers. The companies and recruiting firms that Ripal bring in often already have a strong interest in Coding Temple graduates. Being able to interview with and present to representatives of these organizations in-person is a great advantage. Instead of having to drop your resume on LinkedIn and hoping for a reply, you can talk directly to those who are already interested in hiring coding bootcamp graduates.

10/10 experience. Would recommend to anyone interested in getting into coding or looking to brush up on their existing coding skills.

- 6/18/2019
    Adam  User Photo
    Adam • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Great curriculum, will learn full stack web development. But are flexible enough to let you go in any direction. Brilliant instructor, great support. Lots of feedback and direction but like I said, they allow the right amount of flexibility.

• Peter Allan White  User Photo
    Peter Allan White • Software Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

As someone who has not only been employed as a developer before but also as someone who has been to a coding boot camp before (General Assembly); Coding Temple is the best and most educational experience I’ve had as a developer. This course is an enlightening experience for anyone who wants to go down the path of Software Developer and gives you back every bit of payoff for the amount of work you put into it. With a patient and experienced instructor, a steady paced curriculum, and all the bagels you could wish for Coding Temple slays the competition.