coding-temple-logo

Coding Temple

Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Online, Washington

Coding Temple

Coding Temple offers 10-week, full-stack coding bootcamps and data science bootcamps with campuses in Chicago, Boston, and live online. The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp focuses on ASP.NET, C#, MVC, JavaScript, JQuery and more. The Python + Data Science bootcamp covers Python, SQL, React, JQuery, Numpy, and more. Students will also learn best practices including Test Driven Development and Agile Development and how to develop industry standard application and get hands on experience with partnered clients. Coding Temple also offers weekend workshops on specific topics.

To apply, applicants should complete an online application. They will then discuss goals and expectations with a member of the Coding Temple Admissions team, followed by an instructor interview and technical screening. Once admitted, students must complete 40 to 60 hours of pre-work before the first in-class session.

Graduates of Coding Temple's programs will have a portfolio of work including a final project to showcase to potential employers. Students receive career preparation throughout the bootcamp including resume prep, mock interviews, and exams which mimic technical challenges for job applications. Coding Temple grads will become part of a large alumni network.

Recent Coding Temple Reviews: Rating 4.92

all (136) reviews for Coding Temple →

Recent Coding Temple News

Read all (13) articles about Coding Temple →
  • Full Stack Immersive Web Development

LocationDallas, Washington, Chicago, Boston, Online
    Coding Temple’s 10 Week Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. For the .NET course, we’ve focused on a set of mature technologies created and maintained by Microsoft, as well as several open-source libraries. The languages covered in this course consistently rank as some of the most-popular and in-demand across several different indexes. Furthermore, The Coding Temple instructors feel that the ease-of-use and capability of these development tools are some of the best available. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain the knowledge required to consider themselves full-stack software developers.
    • In House Financing
    • Lending Partner: Skills.Fund
    • Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansPay in full Long Term Financing Income Share Agreement
    Refund / GuaranteeGuaranteed job within 6 months of graduation or full tuition reimbursement
    ScholarshipYes
  • Full-Stack Python + Data Science

LocationDallas, Washington, Chicago, Boston, Online
    Coding Temple’s 10 Week Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain
    In House Financing
    Lending Partner: SkillsFund
    Deferred Payment: SkillsFund
    Income Share Agreement Available
    Tuition PlansIn House Financing Lending Partner: Skills.Fund Income Share Agreement
    ScholarshipCollege Student Scholarship- $500 • Veterans Scholarship- $500 • Women in Tech- $500
  • Online Full-Stack Python + Data Science

Coding Temple’s 10 Week Live Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. While on campus, the average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns. At the conclusion of the course, participants will gain
    In House Financing

• Lending Partner: Skills.Fund
    • Income Share Agreement
  • Anonymous  User Photo
    Anonymous • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I took a single day class Coding Temple offered to learn Tableau and it was amazing. Coming from someone who is not tech savvy or had no idea how to use tableau before this class, it helped me get a very good understanding of how to use it and apply it to the workforce. The instructor took his time and explained everything in detail since he knew most of us were beginners. I would go back to Coding Temple for more of these classes, they were very helpful!

• Read this...
    - 6/29/2018
    Boian Etropolski  User Photo
    Boian Etropolski • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Let me preface this review by saying that I was uncertain of what to expect going in, to the say the least. With little to no coding experience, I had no way to guage the verity or weight of what online resources and other reviews claimed was true of coding boot camps. As I was looking to make a serious, professional career change into data science, I had to be sure that all the online hype about life-changing experiences was not some intricate scam. So, after weeks of research and contemplation about my next step in life, I committed to the idea and reached out to Coding Temple.

By the time I got off the phone with Ripal, the business director, any remaining doubts I might have had were rendered moot. Needless to say, everyone at Coding Temple turned out to be equally welcoming and understanding of the needs of the incoming class. Coding Temple is set up with all of that already in mind--from the classy, comfortable working environment, to the highly detailed curriculum. Having made my way out to Chicago all the way from New Jersey for this, I could not have asked for a smoother transition.

Now, to address the elephant in the room: Coding Temple is as close to a formal education as one can receive, comparable in quantity and quality to a semester in college, minus the diploma. As such, Coding Temple employs a more project-oriented strategy to help push their students to see the fruits of their labor. The importance of this approach cannot be overstated. This is the key that makes a lightning-fast three-month boot camp tangible for both the graduates and their potential employers.

So, was it really all sunshine and rainbows? No, there was blood, sweat, and tears involved throughout the learning process, to be sure. But that is how one builds grit. In my opinion, if there is one thing a potential employer wants to see, after all the techicalities are said and done, it's grit. The whole experience really is what you make of it, and that kind of liberty says a lot about the slew of resources made available to you. Do come in with an open mindset, and it will practically guarantee your success; do NOT come in with an entitled mindset, or else that will almost certainly deny you it.

All in all, "life-changing" is quite relative to one's level of expectations, so it is doubly important that one keep an open mind and let the boot camp do its magic. I came in green as a caterpillar and left having earned my wings; I absolutely believe it was life changing for me. I never would have imagined myself where I am today if it were not for all the tutelage and support of everyone at Coding Temple. I simply cannot recommend it highly enough for anyone considering this as their next step.

• Connor  User Photo
    Connor • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Honestly I'm not sure where to begin, as I have so many great things to say about Coding Temple. Not only did they create a fun filled environment full of coding, they went above and beyond throughout the entire process.

I was originally looking into taking the Python course in Boston, and ended up switching to take an earlier class in D.C., which they graciously helped me out in finding a place and getting setup in the area. I couldn't be happier with the way things panned out, as the location was great and the class went extremely well.

The instructors here were knowledgeable and made coding an enjoyable experience. It's always tough when people are coming in at different coding levels, but it was both tough on the experienced students and easy to pickup for the students that had never coded in their life. Derek (my instructor) was wonderful and helped us every step of the way with any problem we had.

One great thing about this bootcamp is that they made the experience fun and personable. I now have a life-long friend in Derek, and a great network through the Coding Temple program.

For me it was easy to select Coding Temple because of the small class size, as I don't learn well when I can't ask questions. While at Coding Temple we were encouraged to ask any questions, and it wasn't frowned upon to be behind, they'd even help you get up to speed if you needed the extra help.

Overall, I can't recommend this bootcamp enough, it was the best decision of my life, and I will be forever grateful towards the staff at Coding Temple for guiding me to what my career goals were.

Something to keep in mind is that, like any other bootcamp, you need to come in prepared and ready to work. I not only dedicated myself every day, but also every night to this program. To be a programmer, half the battle is applying it on your own, otherwise you forget what you just learned. Too many people think that they can just come to a bootcamp, show up, and they'll be a developer... it doesn't work like that. You need to be willing to put the effort in, and if you do, you'll get great results out of it.

If there's one more thing I can say, it's that this company is very personable and will help you out whatever the situation, they genuinely just want to see you succeed in everything that you do, and they'll do whatever it takes to help you reach your goals.

• Expect to work
    - 3/6/2018
    Nathan  User Photo
    Nathan • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This was a great course, it was a lot of work to learn a full stack development in 10 weeks without any previous experience in coding or programming. Derek the instructor for the course was very knowledgable and helpful in getting concepts to sink in, and assessing each students strengths and abilities. Ananya, the Python instructor, was extremely passionate about the topic, and helpful with interview prep/whiteboarding practice. Finally, upon finishing the course, Ripal was in constant contact revamping my resume as needed, putting me in touch with recruiters, and sending job postings I might have missed (including the job I ultimately landed).

I would highly recommend, but know going in that in addition to the 6-8 hours of class a day you will need to put in at least 25 hours a week after class to get the most of the course and complete the homework assignments.

• C# .NET Course
    - 2/22/2018
    Declan O.  User Photo
    Declan O. • Associate Consultant • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I had a very positive experience with Coding Temple, specifically the .NET cohort. The staff are a lot of fun and incredibly knowledgeable. It was rare that I came across a question that Joe (the .NET instructor) was unable to answer. The curriculum was very relevant to today's job market as many of the jobs I came across were seeking people who were familiar with angular, javascript, .NET, etc. The single moment that made me realize how much I had truly gained from going through Coding Temple was about 3 weeks into my new job; I was sitting amongst 3 of my fellow new hires (all of whom had bachelor's degrees in computer science) when it dawned on me that there had yet to be a situation in which I had truly felt at a disadvantage compared to them. In those 3 weeks I had not once encountered a concept or topic in which I seemed to be the only one lost. This was really significant for me because prior to this realization I had been really nervous that I wouldn't be able to hold my own amongst a bunch of comp sci grads.

Aside from the enormous amount of knowledge that you will gain throughtout the duration of the course, an additional benefit is the vast network that Ripal (co-founder, business development) has established with local tech companies and recruiters. While I found my job through a referal from a friend, almost everyone else in my cohort was able to find employment thanks to Ripal's connections and his resume/interview prep.

The only suggestion I would make to Coding Temple would be to, if possible, throw a little bit of react instruction into the course and instead of teaching angular 1 teach angular 4 as those both seem to be really sought after skillsets right now.

• J Loiacano  User Photo
    J Loiacano • .NET Developer • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Let me start by saying, this bootcamp is not for the faint of heart. It is FAST paced and A LOT of information to take in. But, if you are strong enough, and disciplined enough, you can learn SO MUCH in a very short period of time. By the time you leave (if you have the moxy to make it), you will be ready to take on any mid level .NET position (of which there are so many out there), and they help you find the job too! So, if you are lazy, stay where you are at sitting on the couch reading reviews, but if you think you have what it takes and can sprint for 10 weeks straight to the finish line, I would highly recommend Coding Temple. I can't speak for all the instructors, but my teacher, Joe, was more knowledgeable than any programmer I have dealt with, yet down to earth and more than willing to help when you needed it. The other instructors that I met were super cool and very friendly and I can imagine that they were as knowledgeable and helpful. When you go into week 11, should you choose to take advantage of the job placement help, and I recommend that you do, Ripal does everything he can to make you a worthy employee prospect and hook you up with the right people to get you a job fast. I just got hired only 3 and a half weeks after finishing at Coding Temple (and I have to admit, I didn't do much of the work to get the job because it was the holiday season and I had some family/life catch up to do after the course... it was all taken care of for me; I just had to show up! Imagine if you put forth effort after the class!) There were points in time through the 10 weeks where I didn't think I could do it; literally pulling at my hair and near what felt like a nervous breakdown. It is HARD. make no mistake about it. But it is totally worth it.

• Jerry bony  User Photo
    Jerry bony • Student Verified via LinkedIn

While Attending Coding temple I learned a lot about what it really takes to be a web developer. We worked on many projects to drive home the lesson of the day. The instructors were extremely helpful when it came to answering questions about anything we were stuck on. They made sure we were ready when it came to answering interview questions, and making sure our resumes stood out to potential employers. I would recommend this program to anyone seeking an alternative to a college education.

• .NET Developer
    - 9/25/2017
    Paul G  User Photo
    Paul G • Application Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

With no exaggeration, Coding Temple was the best professional decision of my life.

I completed the 10-week ASP.NET cohort. There is some assigned prework to be completed by the first day. DO THE WORK! Not only will it give you a sense of whether coding is something you enjoy doing, but it's also a courtesy to the rest of the students in your class. The pace of the class only gets faster, so if you feel that the prework is too much - the next 10 weeks will be very difficult.

The .NET instructor is Joe, a guy with 10+ years of software development experience. He is a complete wealth of knowledge who is happy to help with any questions or problems you have. BUT, you have to ask him! You will learn everything you need to land a job as either a front- or back-end developer. The other instructors, Derek and Joel, are also very knowledgeable and happy to help out. Ripal will create a masterful resume for you and does great work bringing in recruiters and industry professionals. Everyone is incredibly friendly and wants to get you a job!

I can't stress this enough - you will get out of this class what you put in. If you are breezing through any particular subject, BUILD things with it. If you have difficulty, do as much research on your own as you can to find the answers before asking an instructor. W3Schools, StackOverflow, Google, and Youtube are your friends. Embrace the documentation.

Ultimately, I can't recommend Coding Temple enough. If you're a career changer (like me) who wants a new professional direction to pursue, Coding Temple WILL arm you with the knowledge and opportunity you need. This is an amazing investment opportunity, but the return is entirely up to you.

• Jinseong Kim  User Photo
    Jinseong Kim • Student Verified via LinkedIn

Hi, Guys

please understand me even if I use broken English! XD

I just move our from South Korea 1 year ago. when I moved, I decided to become a programmer. and I study by myself for 4months and try to apply to some company!

eh... as you know, I couldn't get any any any mail.

I didn't know what to do, so just research for this and I found here 'Coding Temple'

I started 2016. Dec and study really hard(hopefully I did) and it was hard! Because as you know learning programming is not easy, and I am Korean.. have a language barrier. but my wonderful teacher! 'Joe' helps me a lot. and not only him 'Derek' and 'Joel' and 'Ripal' they always find the answer and try to explain to me.

and now, I am working company as a front developer(I am so happy about this company).

anyway, overall 'Coding Temple' will be a good choice for you if you want to become a programmer. but please don't forget this. you have to study a lot and prepare for the portfolio. it's not easy and the hardest thing is to apply to the company and get a job.

but again, Don't forget this. They always help you with getting a job.

Are you Ready? Then let's Jump on Coding Temple and become a programmer

p.s> class will move really fast. and if you don't ask to teacher he will not explain to you. because he doesn't know you understand or not. ask and ask! it will be good for you

• Joshua Woodard • Student
    I cant say enough about my experience at Coding Temple. I had invested a few months of independent study before enrolling in their full time online course. During the 10 week course our instructor, Derek, showed endless patience and a wealth knowledge about all of the different tools and methodologies used in front and backend web development. Even if there is another school whose curriculum is as good as Coding Temple's I'm not sure that school could beat the 10 week timetable or the reasonable course price, making this school the best bang for your buck.

They also have a great support staff who are always there to answer questions about class material or other student related concerns. Lastly, they have a career development program to help develop your resume and networking skills. So in addition to your education they work with you to find a job even after your classes have ended.
  • Tomas Lopez-Betanzos • Student
    Positive! The benefit of working with instructor and classmates through a problem helped me understand  topics that I struggled with on my own. Recruitment and professional development services have been helpful for both my job prospects and my emotional outlook. I only gave 4 stars because I don't have a job yet!
  • Great Experience!
    - 9/29/2020
    Nate Welter • Graduate
    I recently completed the Full-Stack Python + Data Science program at Coding Temple. Starting off with almost no coding experience, I am now a confident full-stack developer after their 10-week program.

Coding Temple's small class-size allowed for plenty of individual attention, which was the biggest factor leading me to choose the school. Since it is project-based, I now have over 7 projects using several different programming languages and frameworks to showcase to potential employers.

After Coding Temple, I'm now confident using Git, Github, Python, Flask, JavaScript, Angular, Google Cloud, HTML/CSS, SQL and many more web development tools.

The course was very challenging, and did take up a full-time schedule over the course of 10 weeks. If you are determined to learn, and put in the time required, Coding Temple will give you the resources to become a confident developer!