coding-temple-logo

Coding Temple

Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Online, Washington

Coding Temple

Coding Temple offers 10-week, full-stack coding bootcamps in Chicago, Boston, and live online. The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp focuses on Python, Flask, SQL, JavaScript, React, Data Structures, Algorithms, and more.  Students will also learn best practices including Test Driven Development and Agile Development and how to develop industry-standard application and get hands-on experience with partnered clients. Coding Temple also offers weekend workshops on specific topics.

To apply, applicants should complete an online application. They will then discuss goals and expectations with a member of the Coding Temple Admissions team, followed by an instructor interview and technical screening. Once admitted, students must complete 40 to 60 hours of pre-work before the first in-class session.

Graduates of Coding Temple's programs will have a portfolio of work including a final Capstone Project to showcase to potential employers. Students receive career preparation throughout the bootcamp including resume prep, mock interviews, and exams which mimic technical challenges for job applications. Coding Temple grads will become part of a large alumni network.

Recent Coding Temple Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (265) reviews for Coding Temple →

Recent Coding Temple News

Read all (36) articles about Coding Temple →
  • Self Paced Blockchain

Coding Temples Online Blockchain program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Experience Coding Temples Award-Winning Curriculum at your own pace! Understand the world of Crypto and the blockchain by building Decentralized Applications (DApps) using the Ethereum Chain The course focus for our time together will be well targeted on the vast world of the blockchain. We will explore what it means to create your first token, how to get that to interact with a DApp, and much more. Build the future of the web. Should you take the time to learn Web3 technology? How far can we push this current-Gen of the web? We spend the first part of our course talking about what it means to dance inside of this brand new world. Then we take our theoretical conversation into a more practical form, diving deep into the code.
    DepositNone
    Tuition PlansPay Up Front
  • Self Paced Flex Data Analysis

LocationOnline, Chicago
    Coding Temples Online Data Analysis program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Experience Coding Temples Award-Winning Curriculum at your own pace! Our Data Analysis program allows you the depth and breadth of tools to uncover insights from data.
    • Installment Plans
    • Deferred
    • Upfront
    • Lending Partners: Ascent, Climb, Meritize

Tuition Plans$5000 for 3 months of access $7500 for 6 months of access
    Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Work
  • Self Paced Flex Software Engineering

Coding Temples Online Software Engineering program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Coding temple’s 10-week full-stack development course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, analyze, debug and deploy completely functional web applications.
    • Installment Plans
    • Deferred
    • Upfront
    • Lending Partners: Ascent, Climb, Meritize
    • Bread

Tuition Plans$5000 for 3 months access $7500 for 6 months access
    Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Work
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Full-Time Online

Coding Temple’s 10 Week Live Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. The average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns.
    Deposit$1,000
    • In House Financing
    • Deferred Payment Plans
    • Lending Partner: Ascent, Meritize, Climb, Bread
    • Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) GI Bill In-House Financing Long Term Financing Income Share Agreement
    Refund / Guarantee100% Money Back Guarantee
    ScholarshipContinuing Education Scholarship - $500 • Equality Scholarship - $500 • Veterans Scholarship - $500 • Women in Tech - $500
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Part-Time Online

LocationDallas, Washington, Boston, Chicago, Online
    Deposit$1,000
    Installment Plans
    Deferred Payment Plans
    Lending Partners: Affirm, Meritize, Climb
    In House Financing

Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) Bread In-House Financing Long Term Financing
    ScholarshipCollege Student Scholarship- $500 • Veterans Scholarship- $500 • Women in Tech- $500
  • Aaron Wieldraayer  User Photo
    Aaron Wieldraayer • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had no experience whatsoever with coding before going through Coding Temple bootcamp. It was a fantastic experience that I would recommend to anyone. Great pace for all levels of learning, excellent instructors and staff, and I landed a software job within 3 months of graduating! Highly recommend
  • John Brandon  User Photo
    John Brandon • Verified via LinkedIn
    A fast-paced, all-encompassing Full-Stack Engineering course.

As someone who had difficulty selecting a bootcamp, I'm thrilled I landed on this one. The course itself was difficult in that it covered a lot of ground quickly.

Personally, i finished with the confidence to begin my job search, as well as the confidence to learn anything new I may need to know.

The most valuable skill learned here is the optimal way to learn.

Post-completion support has been unbelievable. Between our first hackathon, resume, interview, and technical workshops, and the AMAZING Marlene, I'm in great hands, and with effort from me, I'll land my first gig and be smooth sailing sooner rather than later.
  • gao  User Photo
    gao • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    If you are undecided about Coding Temple, I'll let you know now that the investment is worth it. You can really get job offers after the bootcamp. In around 3 months, more than half of my class already got their job offers in related fields, that's excellent comparing to other schools (ncluding another bootcamp I attended that majority didn't get jobs after graduation). Also, my instructor Nate is very patient, nonjudgemental, and knowledgable, I also got a technical issue during my time at the bootcamp but he would always stay after to help me fix them, thanks Nate you deserves a promotion!
  • Ethan Nakamura  User Photo
    Ethan Nakamura • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I completed my graduation project yesterday and will be graduating from Coding Temple. I  am transitioning back to civilian life as I prepare to leave the Air Force. Whether you’re a veteran like myself, a civilian tired of working jobs that are meaningless to you (whether you’ve been stuck in retail etc), or maybe you’ve never had career experience and want a new job, the one thing we share is I’m leaving a career/job, I’m going back to ground zero, and coding was the “in” that I was sold on. If you’re one of the many, you’ll see ads for bootcamps as a way into tech, and I’m excited to say that they’re right. I don’t have a job yet, this is my weekend off since I just graduated, Sam and Devon were my teachers and they were amazing. I’m going to walk you through my full experience at Coding Temple from joining to graduating, I’ll write this in sections to make it more digestible. If you’re in the military or are a veteran seeking to use your GI Bill please read the end for additional info.

Required Hours & Class Schedule

Our class started with what 10 people, and we graduated with 5. Ensure that you are ready to take on what it means to do this.

Before we start let me get this question out of the way—what are the hours like for class/cohort prep, and what did a normal class day look like?

I spent 80+ hours prepping for pre-work just the first week alone, but I only gave myself a little more than a week as that’s when I decided to enroll in my cohort. The full time program was Monday-Friday and usually started at 9:30 CST ending roughly around 3:30-4:00 most days. If class ended a bit earlier we would usually stay in the Zoom until 3:30/4, complete work, and the instructors would be available via Slack until 5 for questions. I often worked really late into the night. After that you have night TA’s which are great, and there for you, however it’s a good idea to slowly ween off needing the TA’s for much help in my opinion, if you need them for homework etc of course that’s what they’re there for but eventually start pushing more to do things yourself (you CAN do it!). You’ll be doing homework practically every night which can take hours, and will have weekend projects due the next Monday. Always make sure to turn in homework the next morning, just don’t get behind in assignments, especially Codewars. Keep to a schedule and complete all work and Codewars before you graduate. You’ll thank yourself. Will this impact your life, mmm yes. Can you do things outside of it well that depends, how much do you want to get out of this experience? Stay healthy, drink water, get a schedule, workout, keep yourself right. Because I and 3 other close friends who graduated with me fully submersed ourselves into this thing. It will eat up all your time, but like the military in my opinion that’s what a bootcamp does. Class varies week by week, they’re always changing things at Coding Temple so what you cover, for how long, etc may vary from what we did. Look at the weeks on their site to get an idea of technologies you’ll cover. Look up imposter syndrome, first off never compare yourself to others, and second of all don’t worry. When you’re in the middle of the program you will think…DOES this click, will it click? I now UNDERSTAND code, it’s so weird how you’ll understand it and can now learn it yourself, this is the most important thing. You will not learn everything in terms of being extremely proficient, you cover so much in this bootcamp week after week. This exposes you to technologies and your instructors teach you how to teach yourself. Now that I’ve graduated I realize I can teach myself because I was taught by CodingTemple. Had I tried doing this by myself outside of a cohort, I can’t even fathom the year or year+ that it would have taken me to understand how to learn to code. Don’t be hard on yourself, you’ll be exposed to so much material, do your best, put in the hours, make friends with your classmates, and maybe purchase a Zoom membership to work with eachother — I did and that $30 I spent was worth it.

Python & HTML/CSS Pre-Work

When you finally decide and choose to go Coding Temple make sure that your cohort date is far enough that you can review your prework and have ample time to study. I’d say leave yourself one month (if possible)—I had about a week and a half, and another one of my friends only had two days? (he supplemented his prework with the first week of class—that must have been rough). You’ll have to read through a crash course Python book (provided by Coding Temple) and do their Python, HTML/CSS assignments. You want to have a good foundation for Python, it will make the learning experience better for you 1000%. However as I said, I only had a week to review and easily put 80+ hours in the first week of pre-work.

HTML/CSS Week

You’re going to learn to build websites. Week one was as you’d expect, my sites were no bueno haha. My graduation project though, wow my site looks too KLEEN. You’ll learn to love it, and I don’t think I’m even favoring front-end over back-end work. Maybe I like both? But nonetheless you’ll end up building sites and styling them. This was a fun week and honestly working on project websites was an important time to bond with classmates and really aim to develop those relationships. Please don’t be that class mate that doesn’t want to get to know your team members, you’re going to need friends to go through this with, you’re going through the same challenges, and not only will you learn from one another but you’ll be there to support each other.

Python Week(s)

Python will be your primary language but you’ll also cover JavaScript after this. You’re going to do whiteboards every morning of every week of class, in Python. Whiteboards are preparing you for interviews, you’ll take turns each morning of the class week and will work on a problem in front of your classmates. You’ll learn to break down a problem, what you have to do, and code it. You’re going to cover all your pre-work material during Python week and then some.

JavaScript Week

Wow Python-JavaScript brain is a thing. I worked on a whiteboard and started writing a combination of both languages. I’ll be working more on JavaScript now that I’ve graduated but this week is like the others, a good experience in being exposed to more things.

Flask/React Weeks

No slacking these weeks, these are likely the most time/content intensive weeks out of the cohort. Some opinion may vary, Flask is harder than React or vice versa, pay attention, do your assignments/projects, and I recommend that you determine which you like more and pay attention to what you do these weeks. You’ll be repeating very similar practices for your graduation project ! You’ll either create a react app, a react app that can lightly integrate Flask, or solely a Flask app (which is what I did).

Numpy, Pandas, etc. (Data Science)

Some people want to become data scientists/analysts and may not want to become software engineers this may cover the lessons for you. If you want to be one of those people who plays with data for a living pay attention to some of the data manipulation you do this week. Start thinking about what jobs you’d like to pursue if you really like this week. Maybe you’ll want to apply to all jobs front/back-end and even data science.

Graduation Project

As I mentioned you’ll build an app. I believe I started working two weeks out from graduation on mine in addition to taking class. This project is very important. You may not finish everything that you’d like, but I did what I wanted and this is one of the primary things you’ll outline in your software engineer resume.

Career Assistance

I can’t wait to work with Marlene, she is amazing. She’ll help you write your resume and all the things with lifetime career assistance, which was a big reason I joined. You’ll start working with her a week or two before you graduate on resume writing then you’ll dive in after you graduate and apply to jobs.

Graduates

So you’ve graduated, Coding Temple will then move you into their alumni group and will give you access to be part of the network of other graduates, and have interview prep, etc. I look forward to this!

Conclusion

All in all, I knew nothing about coding when I started, and now I can teach myself how to code. I’ve learned so much, and had exposure to things in a curriculum that I never would have understood to put together myself. I feel that with my previous job experience, with how I can sell myself, and how I can communicate the experience that I’ve had at Coding Temple that I will be able to find a job. Before I even graduated I’ve had people reach out to me via LinkedIn requesting my application. I leave you with:

def shouldijoin(answer)

if answer == yes:

print(“You should join Coding Temple.”)

shouldijoin(yes)

GI Bill Benefits

(If you’re in the military or are a veteran and want to use your G.I. Bill try to get in touch with Ryan Butz at Coding Temple. Your VA payment to Coding Temple should be easy—mine didn’t process for a couple months because of a misunderstanding, but I then got in touch with Ryan and he took care of me quick (2-3 days VA confirmation quick)—thank you Ryan and Nicole is amazing by the way! Apply for your eligibility on VA.gov, and once the VA mails you your certificate of eligibility in the mail, then fill out Coding Temples paperwork. Ryan gave me the enrollment certification form to fill out.
  • Great Program
    - 1/28/2022
    Matas Jankunas  User Photo
    Matas Jankunas • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    Very good program. I graduated from the 10 week full-stack online course. One thing I can safely say it that you need to commit all your time to this program. Having any type of job during this bootcamp is a bad idea. This bootcamp will demand all of your free time, especially in the case where you have no prior coding experience. My instructor was Terrell McKinney supported by Ryan Rhoades, both instructors were very friendly, easy to work with, and helpful. After graduating the bootcamp there is ample job search support. Another thing I would like to mention is Coding Temple attitude at constantly improving. Since graduating they are steadily adding more resources and as a graduate that is much appreciated.
  • Christopher Thrutchley  User Photo
    Christopher Thrutchley • Full Stack Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    After spending 3.5+ years in financial client service, I was ready to try a something new. Thanks to Coding Temple for providing the perfect opportunity to learn to code and completely rebrand myself. Coding Temple provides boot camp students with fantastic and friendly personal connections. My instructor Terrell McKinney did a great job going through a comprehensive curriculum with us and my TAs Ryan Rhoades and John Loveland were a blast to work with. There are also evening and weekend TAs to make sure you are always able to get help when you need it. We cover lots of technologies, but just to name a few, GitHub, Python, SQL, RESTful APIs, Flask, TypeScript React, JavaScript, Numerical Python, Python Pandas, etc. After the completion of the ten week program, students who complete the course with sufficient proficiency (plenty of support to achieve this if you simply commit to it!) are presented with a truly impressive array of job-seeking tools, including professional mock interviews through Skilled Inc and a comprehensive job board with Huntr. Plenty of guest speakers from all over the industry are invited in and they are truly inspiring and helpful for the beginning of a software engineer's journey. I finished in mid-December 2020 and now I am neck deep in the job search. With these tools at my disposal I feel confident that I will be able to embark upon a fulfilling career in software engineering.

Before signing up, please note that the program requires a lot of commitment. In my case, I was not working at all, not even part time, during the boot camp. That part can potentially be  tricky. My honest advice is that if you need to work at least part time, do not enroll for the full time course. Just do a part time course. Students with unshakeable commitments outside of the boot camp seemed to really struggle for it. Those with the most commitment made the most progress and seem to be the most likely to succeed in coding in general.
  • Great program
    - 1/3/2022
    Joel  User Photo
    Joel • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    This is a good program as long as you have the correct expectations going into it. The staff is extremely helpful. I look back to where I was 10 weeks ago and where I am now and there's a noticeable change. Anytime I needed help on something there was someone available. This is fast-paced and understand that while you may only have 3-4 total instruction hours, you'll easily drop 80 hours a week working on the program. But you're going to get out of this what you put into it.

The instructors and TAs are the best part of the program. Any question you have they can usually answer it and if they can't they'll show you how to problem shoot it. I highly recommend this program, just understand that it is A LOT of work.
  • Software Engineer
    - 11/30/2021
    Ronald Ramirez  User Photo
    Ronald Ramirez • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My overall experience was great at Coding Temple. Prior to joining Coding Temple I had absolutly no experience in coding. What coding temple does is it provides the students with everything you need to succeed. They have great instructors such as Shoha and Sam who are very knowledgable and open to questions during and after classes. You also have support from TA's after class and on weekends. I can confidently say that after graduating, Coding Temple has given me the skills and tools to enter the job market.
  • The BEST Bootcamp
    - 11/15/2021
    Caleb  User Photo
    Caleb • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I graduated from College in December 2020 with a Business Degree. I had no experience with Coding, but decided to try it out, and it was the best decision of my life. Coding Temple's services are top notch, from top to bottom. The support staff is wonderful, they have tons of TA's for night help, and weekend help, and the Professors are understanding, and very knowledgeable about every single topic. I highly recommend Coding Temple to anyone who is looking to get into the Software Engineer/Data world.
  • Christian Askew  User Photo
    Christian Askew • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I came into Coding Temple with very little coding experience. I wanted a Bootcamp with a well-structured and up-to-date curriculum for full-stack development.  Sam and Shoha were the best instructors anyone can ask for. They are not only patient but are extremely knowledgeable! Coding Temple completely prepares you for the software engineering field in all aspects from building real-world projects, technical interview preparation, and career coaching from the amazing Marlene for life! If you're thinking about joining, you should! You won't be disappointed!
    - 10/15/2021
    Joshua Cunningham  User Photo
    Joshua Cunningham • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    I went into the full time program knowing little to nothing about coding.  The amount of progress I made from week 1 to week 10 is unbelievable.  I've learned so much and I cannot thank my instructors and the support staff enough for all of the support and guidance they provided.  They don't sugar coat it, it is very difficult and a lot of work, it takes a huge part of your time, but its extremely rewarding once you've finished.  I highly recommend the Coding Temple experience.
  • Go for it!
    - 10/11/2021
    Stephen Getter  User Photo
    Stephen Getter • Graduate • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
    This boot camp was well worth the price. Not only does it cost less than several other options I looked at, the experience was all I could have hoped for. Excellent instructors who both know their material and have the patience to listen to student concerns. It was wonderful to watch as my fellow students and myself grew quickly in ability. Add to that a money back guarantee, why wouldn't you choose this camp?