coding-temple-logo

Coding Temple

Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Online, Washington

Coding Temple

Coding Temple offers 10-week, full-stack coding bootcamps in Chicago, Boston, and live online. The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp focuses on Python, Flask, SQL, JavaScript, React, Data Structures, Algorithms, and more.  Students will also learn best practices including Test Driven Development and Agile Development and how to develop industry-standard application and get hands-on experience with partnered clients. Coding Temple also offers weekend workshops on specific topics.

To apply, applicants should complete an online application. They will then discuss goals and expectations with a member of the Coding Temple Admissions team, followed by an instructor interview and technical screening. Once admitted, students must complete 40 to 60 hours of pre-work before the first in-class session.

Graduates of Coding Temple's programs will have a portfolio of work including a final Capstone Project to showcase to potential employers. Students receive career preparation throughout the bootcamp including resume prep, mock interviews, and exams which mimic technical challenges for job applications. Coding Temple grads will become part of a large alumni network.

Recent Coding Temple Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (259) reviews for Coding Temple →

Recent Coding Temple News

Read all (33) articles about Coding Temple →
  • Self Paced Flex Data Analysis

LocationOnline, Chicago
    Coding Temples Online Data Analysis program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Experience Coding Temples Award-Winning Curriculum at your own pace! Our Data Analysis program allows you the depth and breadth of tools to uncover insights from data.
    • Installment Plans
    • Deferred
    • Upfront
    • Lending Partners: Ascent, Climb, Meritize

Tuition Plans$5000 for 3 months of access $7500 for 6 months of access
    Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Work
  • Self Paced Flex Software Engineering

Coding Temples Online Software Engineering program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Coding temple’s 10-week full-stack development course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, analyze, debug and deploy completely functional web applications.
    • Installment Plans
    • Deferred
    • Upfront
    • Lending Partners: Ascent, Climb, Meritize
    • Bread

Tuition Plans$5000 for 3 months access $7500 for 6 months access
    Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Work
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Full-Time Online

Coding Temple’s 10 Week Live Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. The average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns.
    Deposit$1,000
    • In House Financing
    • Deferred Payment Plans
    • Lending Partner: Ascent, Meritize, Climb, Bread
    • Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) GI Bill In-House Financing Long Term Financing Income Share Agreement
    Refund / Guarantee100% Money Back Guarantee
    ScholarshipContinuing Education Scholarship - $500 • Equality Scholarship - $500 • Veterans Scholarship - $500 • Women in Tech - $500
    Minimum Skill LevelEntry
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Part-Time Online

Deposit$1,000
    Installment Plans
    Deferred Payment Plans
    Lending Partners: Affirm, Meritize, Climb, Bread
    In House Financing
    Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) Bread In-House Financing Long Term Financing
    ScholarshipCollege Student Scholarship- $500 • Veterans Scholarship- $500 • Women in Tech- $500
    Minimum Skill LevelEntry
  • Great Experience!
    - 12/28/2017
    Adrian L • Graduate

I found this to be the most effective way to learn how to code! The instructors are extremely knowledgable and take on any question you have. They'll helped me prepare for technical and behavioral interviews, refined my resume, and set me up with recruiters and interviews to find a new career!

• Mike • Graduate

I worked as a front-end developer for 2 years and realized that the front-end industry is starting to make a change. I needed to enhance my skill-set in javascript and have exposure to the back-end concepts. After attending a Coding Temple workshop, where I met the instructor Hitesh. I decided to attend the Fulltime .NET course at Coding Temple.

Coding Temples hands on training and 1-on-1 mentorship was really beneficial in my experience in landing my first job after graduation

• Great coding school
    - 11/16/2017
    Jil • Graduate

Coding Temple provided me with the skills and resources to be able to be successful after completing their bootcamp. They were able to provide me with real world skills and projects that allowed for an easy transition to a full-time job. They also were able to help me find a full-time job!

They have a great staff that provide you with the proper tools and skills to be able to be successful. I found it best that if I met with them after hours and before they were able to help me solve critical problems. This is definitely NOT for you if you are not willing to put in the hours and work.

I would HIGHLY recommend you take this bootcamp if you are serious about learning how to code.

• Awesome Course!
    - 11/14/2017
    Andrew P. • Developer • Graduate

I attended a Coding Temple Winter course back in 2016. I had graduated with a finance degree, but shortly after my job search I had realized that many of the jobs that I had an interest for required some sort of technical background. I attended the Coding Temple .NET course.

Small classroom setting
    1-1 interaction with the instructor (TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS)
    A lot of job preperation
    I am currently using my finance background and my new technical skills at a career in Bank of America.

- 10/24/2017
    Bob M. • Software Developer • Graduate

I had a great experience at Coding Temple. I really enjoyed the small class size and the instructor was very knowledgeable and supportive during the learning process. Coding Temple helped me get a job within 3 days of graduation and 1 year later I have a full-time job at a technology company in downtown Denver. I would highly recommend Coding Temple if you’re a beginner coder or if you have previous experience.

• Changed my life
    - 10/22/2017
    Alex B • Graduate

Before attending Coding Temple I was working in operations management. The pay was great but the job was mundaine and stressfull. I was attending school part-time and working towards getting a degree. A good friend of mine approached me and asked if I "wanted to become a software developer after taking a 10 week course at these new schools called coding bootcamps". I immediately told him that it was a scam and told him that it sounded too good to be true.

Intrested at what my friend told me I looked up coding bootcamps and found many testimonials online on various sites like youtube, reddit, various forums, and here at coursereport.com. I approached my friend and agreed to look around at various bootcamps, and that I would attend with him as long as we found one that we were both satisfied with. We ended up looking around at all the bootcamps with the best reviews and decided to contact them and visit. We headed downtown one day to visit various bootcamps and to make a decision if we found one that we wanted to attend.

The decision was easy, Coding Temple was the one. Ripal was one of our first contacts and also the most informative person we talked to that entire day. We even got to meet Joe who was going to be the instructor of the class we were interested in taking. That same day we had the opportunity to talk with students that were there and they all had positive things to say about Coding Temple. I would reccomend anybody planning on attending a coding bootcamp to do this and see if they get the same first impression from any other bootcamp.

Overall Experience (5 Stars) - Coding Temple is a very relaxed enviornment. Everyone there has a great attitude, and they all have an interest in your success. The school offers 2 classrooms where the instructors teach to the class and will answer any questions that you have. The teacher to student ratio is great, and allows you to have individual attention that no university or college will ever be able to offer.

Instructor (5 Stars) - The instructor for my class was Joe. He was very personable and very knowledgeable. He has many years of working in the industry, and any questions that you have about working as a developer he will be able to answer. Joe wants everyone to succesful and will do what he can to the best of his abilities.

Curriculum (5 Stars) - I ended up taking the .NET course and it was comprised of learning - C#, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Angular JS, SQL, Entity Framework, GitHub, and ASP.NET MVC. Don't worry if you don't know anything I just said because I didn't have any experiance with any of this before taking the course (My only experiance was Visual Basic in high school and C++ class that I took in college). Over the course of 10 weeks all the languages were broken down and learned week after week. **Disclaimer** You won't be an expert in any of these languages. If you put in the time and incorporate some study time you will be in a position to be job market ready. There was pre-work before starting the course (3 weeks) to teach you fundamentals of programming.

Job Assistance (5 Stars) - Ripal was the best resource for finding a job hands down. He helped with writing a resume and any questions you had writing a resume would be answered. He was always available on a chat platform we used to ask for advice, and would followup and give advice on what to do as your next steps. Additionally, at the end of the course we had recruiting companies come and you would present what you learned, and projects to them. The exposure, job assistance, advice, and other resources during the job search set Coding Temple apart from other coding bootcamps.

My entire class that finished the bootcamp ended up finding jobs. I feel that we were prepared very well and have a great future ahead.

• Daniela • Web Developer • Graduate
    Prior to Coding Temple, I attended some college classes and did some self-learning on the basics, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, even some SQL. I had a job in tech support using some light HTML and CSS, but I really wanted to get more into development. I wasn't getting the one on one attention I needed in college classes, and they weren't teaching us the newest technologies. I did a TON of research before choosing Coding Temple. The main thing for me was the .NET stack, which is very popular in the Chicagoland area. This meant better opportunities for me after completing the course. Joe was a fantastic teacher. He was charismatic and knowledgeable; he definitely knew his stuff and class was rarely boring. There's a new topic or technology about every week. Some lessons are more of an overview, while others are really in-depth. We learned C#, Angular, SQL, how to build and use a database, MVC, ASP.NET, and useful frameworks like Bootstrap and TypeScript. There was also a brief section where we learned about how to use an API and built an app with one. After completing the course, we got to meet with some recruiters and get on the job search right away. Some students had jobs within a week (mostly contract roles). I found one about 5 months after, since I was looking for a direct hire job in the suburbs. Ripal was really good about checking in with me every few weeks to see how the job search was going. Joe even put in a good word for me and helped me land my first development job (where I'm still currently working)! Overall I would say you needed to do some work prior to the bootcamp. Learn the basics, and you should be set up for success. It's not easy, nor should it be. It's for dedicated people who are serious about a career change.
  • Wanda V. • Graduate

After I decided to do a coding bootcamp, I went to 5 diffferent schools and asked questions, sat in on classes and researched them heavily. After speaking to Joe, the .NET instructor, I decided this was the place I wanted to be. I went from not having any coding background to being headhunted by recruiters for developer roles. But this isn't a get rich quick scheme. The classes are challenging and you HAVE to put in the work. Just showing up is definitely not enough. You must work on projects at night after class and on weekends! There is a reason why developers get paid well and you will be learning a new language almost every week. But all the instructors are very helpful, make themselves available, and encourage you to grasp the knowledge. Ripal is great at getting you in front of employers and helping with the job search after you finish class. Also, a big perk is they offer scholarships and they do financing. This made it accessible to me and I am now proud to say, I'm a developer.

• Sasha • Angular Developer • Graduate

Last winter, I made the decision to attend the Coding Temple. After 10 weeks of study and few months of work, I have realized, that this was one of my best decisions.

First of all, the atmosphere in Coding Temple is amazing. You don't feel like you are just a student. You feel that you are the part of the family. You feel that peaple around you, your teachers, Ripal, another students ... , they really care.  They support you. They answer all your questions. They try to do their best to help you to become the best.  And this motivates you.

Secondly, after finishing the course, you will have all skills that you will need at work. Of course, you will not have all knowladges. But you will know how to learn fast. And in developing world this is much more important. You will know how to solve  problems, how to find and fix bugs, how to deal with new framework in a very short time and so on . And in the world when everything changes so fast, this is a necessary skill.

Thirdly, you not only learn a theory, you practice. You proctice a lot. You do  projects every day. And after course you will have the whole GitHub repository  full of code you wrote. And it will help you a lot in future.

And last, but not the least, you WILL get a job after graduation. All students from my class got a job within a month ot two. Ripal helps you to write a resume, prepare you for interview and help you during the whole proccess...

So, if you are thinking of joining the best bootcamp, Coding Temple is what you are looking for.  And this 10 weeks will change your life.

• Henry P • Web Developer • Student

My experience with coding and web developing was little to none before I started the Full-stack Python course at the Coding Temple. Now seven weeks into the course, and I can't believe how far I've come. The Coding Temple creates the ideal classroom environment by keeping class sizes small and allowing for plenty of hands on teaching from friendly and highly knowlegable Instructors. The course moves very quickly so this is quite important. The Instructors will answer every you ask but if you don't ask then they might now answer, so it is good practice just to ask a lot of questions. I would highly recommend this course to anybody who is interested and willing to learn this amazing trade.

• The best 10 weeks.
    - 10/9/2017
    Ananya Koduri • Python Developer • Graduate

Coding Temple proved to be everything it promised and more. A fun, intense course focusing on not just how stuff works but also makes you put all your learning into action, changing the way you think in 10 weeks.
    Very supportive instructors and TAs. With a small class size, everyone was guaranteed individual attention. Amazing management who help you on every step from enrolling into the course of interest to job search.
    The content of the course covers all aspects of the Fullstack from the front end to the back end involving all the current trend in technologies.
    Got to learn a lot, code a lot and meet great people.
    Definitely helped make my transition from a software dev to a FullStack smooth.

• Ryan Bacastow • Data Analyst • Graduate
    Update 1 (2 months Post-Graduation): I'm working in Investment Banking through a fortitous series of events(NETWORK!) and I cant help but feel super grateful to my experience and the training I recieved at coding temple from the instructors and the staff. I feel prepared and am programming at a level I never thought I could achieve when I first started whiteboarding problems our first week in camp. If you are interested in finance or analytics, Python with Joel is the way to go. On to my original review:

This is an exerpt from a message I sent to an inquiring potential student while I was enrolled at Coding Temple:

"Good on you for doing your research. Coding temple is good. I hadn't had much coding experience before and I will tell you that the earlier you start the better. Start now. Once we crossed into Javascript (week 2-5) I had to put in a lot of extra hours pouring over basic stuff and it was taxing. I think that you can't go wrong with any code camp, learning this skill is a valuable asset and a great idea. That being said, you will essentially get out whatever level of effort you bring to it. Unlike a traditional education program at a university, it is less like a course where you need to get good grades, but more like an apprenticeship or mentorship where all your success and failure is dependent on your ability to accept some direction from the instructors while simultaneously immersing yourself in the subject and spending lots of your own time and energy working through problems and testing your limits. As far as coding camps go, I'm sure you get what you pay for essentially. A larger, more established and expensive camp would probably provide a more intense experience than Coding Temple, but you're also more likely to be just another random face passing through. I felt like here everybody is very close to the students and eachother, and are committed and on a very close basis with the students (management constantly checks in on us and gets feedback both anonymously and verbally). It can seem like a more relaxed atmosphere and the instructors are laid back but they are industry veterans and know their shit. Its all about feeling like you can access them personally. Go to the different camps and get a tour. The best one is going to be the one you feel the biggest personal connection to. And as to the value of the camp, I feel like coding temple will definitely get me placed so the saved money from here versus hackreactor or full-stack is nice. So to reiterate everything and add in a few caveats, choose carefully but know that no single camp can make you into a programmer. Its all about how much of your own focused time and energy you spend punching away at the keyboard, its your own sweat and tears(many many tears) that allows you to breakthrough from abstract understanding to writing your own code. That being said, a coding camp can guide you and cut down the learning curve(which can be intimidating) significantly, and is well worth the investment if they have job placement and payment plans(so they have a financial interest in your success). Lastly, what environment are you looking to study in? That will determine which camp is best."