coding-temple-logo

Coding Temple

Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Online, Washington

Coding Temple

Coding Temple offers 10-week, full-stack coding bootcamps in Chicago, Boston, and live online. The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp focuses on Python, Flask, SQL, JavaScript, React, Data Structures, Algorithms, and more.  Students will also learn best practices including Test Driven Development and Agile Development and how to develop industry-standard application and get hands-on experience with partnered clients. Coding Temple also offers weekend workshops on specific topics.

To apply, applicants should complete an online application. They will then discuss goals and expectations with a member of the Coding Temple Admissions team, followed by an instructor interview and technical screening. Once admitted, students must complete 40 to 60 hours of pre-work before the first in-class session.

Graduates of Coding Temple's programs will have a portfolio of work including a final Capstone Project to showcase to potential employers. Students receive career preparation throughout the bootcamp including resume prep, mock interviews, and exams which mimic technical challenges for job applications. Coding Temple grads will become part of a large alumni network.

Recent Coding Temple Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (259) reviews for Coding Temple →

Recent Coding Temple News

Read all (33) articles about Coding Temple →
  • Self Paced Flex Data Analysis

LocationOnline, Chicago
    Coding Temples Online Data Analysis program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Experience Coding Temples Award-Winning Curriculum at your own pace! Our Data Analysis program allows you the depth and breadth of tools to uncover insights from data.
    • Installment Plans
    • Deferred
    • Upfront
    • Lending Partners: Ascent, Climb, Meritize

Tuition Plans$5000 for 3 months of access $7500 for 6 months of access
    Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Work
  • Self Paced Flex Software Engineering

Coding Temples Online Software Engineering program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Coding temple’s 10-week full-stack development course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, analyze, debug and deploy completely functional web applications.
    • Installment Plans
    • Deferred
    • Upfront
    • Lending Partners: Ascent, Climb, Meritize
    • Bread

Tuition Plans$5000 for 3 months access $7500 for 6 months access
    Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Work
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Full-Time Online

Coding Temple’s 10 Week Live Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. The average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns.
    Deposit$1,000
    • In House Financing
    • Deferred Payment Plans
    • Lending Partner: Ascent, Meritize, Climb, Bread
    • Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) GI Bill In-House Financing Long Term Financing Income Share Agreement
    Refund / Guarantee100% Money Back Guarantee
    ScholarshipContinuing Education Scholarship - $500 • Equality Scholarship - $500 • Veterans Scholarship - $500 • Women in Tech - $500
    Minimum Skill LevelEntry
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Part-Time Online

Deposit$1,000
    Installment Plans
    Deferred Payment Plans
    Lending Partners: Affirm, Meritize, Climb, Bread
    In House Financing
    Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) Bread In-House Financing Long Term Financing
    ScholarshipCollege Student Scholarship- $500 • Veterans Scholarship- $500 • Women in Tech- $500
    Minimum Skill LevelEntry
  • Jimmy • Jr Data Scientist • Graduate

I graduated college going into a sector I didn't like and on the recommendation of a friend that went through Coding Temple I made the jump. I had limited prior experience to JS from one college course and some R experience from learning online on my own.

I'm going to start with my advice because with will be long and most people won't read through: Do the assigned prework. Spending your nights the two-three weeks before the course to learn will allow you to move through the class at the required pace. Treat this like your full-time job. I spent the first four weeks winging it because I had prior experience and found I needed to kick into higher gear to keep pace with my class.

Overall an incredible experience that I'm glad I did. I am much happier at my current job. This course pays for itself in salary earned and job satisfaction.

I found the curriculum challenging, but well designed. Starting with HTML was a nice way to start and see actual progress but also learn how on missing '>' or ';' can mess up a whole page. For python, learning the basics of loops leads well into learning about setting up a back end for a website and finally adding javascript to add more flair or advanced topics to a web app as you approach working on a final project. The best part about the curriculum was the use of modern frameworks. Flask for python and React-Redux for Javascript are two newer but rapidly expanding frameworks and leave you with good job opportunities.

Joe and Derek were awesome instructors. We had Derek for python and Joe for JS. Both had different teaching styles but had good excercises based on the material that caused us to think a little outside the box, but still use what we had learned to create something cool.

The School:

I loved the setting of the school. The two classrooms were a good setup to work collaboratively with other students and the main space was a good place to hang out, work, and ask questions. It does get a bit loud in their after school, but any office where you are working collaboratively won't be quiet and is a good way to learn to focus. They have ping pong, darts (my personal favorite), and video games to use during lunch or when you are done. My best experiences were in main area after work was done forming the community with our class and the other classes that were in there. It is quite brilliant the way they have the two classes offset. Your first three weeks are the last three for the other class where you get to see the final projects and learn what the experience is like and your last three weeks, you get to share your wisdom with new people coming in

Ripal was the man when it came to job assistance. He was reaching out daily until everyone in my class got a job they were happy with. He has incredible connections with companies and staffing agencies helping you set goals of applications and interviews. The Coding Temple alumni network is also an incredible resource offering us extra classes on Tableau and Hadoop and getting us meetings from grads that are now 3 years into successful development careers.

• Brian Stanton • Back-End Developer • Graduate

I graduated from college with a degree in advertising and worked at a couple of agencies out of school. I realized I was not happy in my job and had always been interested in software development. I reached out to a friend who had gone to a coding bootcamp and he recommended Coding Temple. He put me in touch with Ripal, who was extremely helpful from the moment I met him. He answered any and every question that I had and made sure I knew what I was getting into.

This is not a course where one can just show up every day and expect to be successful at the end of the 10 weeks. The course is fast-paced and loaded with new information every day and is also project-oriented with real world situations that you can talk about in interviews. Each day builds on the previous day and it is vital to stay on top of the work.

If you do, however, find yourself behind or not understanding a topic, the instructors are approachable, friendly, and always willing to help. There have been numerous times that an instructor has stayed late with either me or a classmate to make sure we truly understood what we were doing and we were ready to hit the ground running the next day. Even if you don't need help, the instructors are almost always willing to stay after for a beer or two and just hang out!

Not only is Ripal there in the beginning, but around the 5th or 6th week he begins preparing the class for the job search. He helped us rewrite our resume, set up our LinkedIn accounts, get our resumes on the best job boards, etc. After the 10 weeks are over, Ripal set up multiple meetings with recruiters, alumni, and other connections that he has made over the years.

So whether you are looking to change careers or you just want some real world projects to supplement your CS degree, Coding Temple will give you all of the tools you need to be successful. The rest is up to you!

• Great program!
    - 12/10/2018
    Tyler • Graduate

I attended the Python program at Coding Temple Boston in the fall semester. The pace of the class was definitely rigorous, but the instructor was excellent and cared a lot about ensuring that we followed the material. He was often available after class for extra help and always available by email. This dedication by the professor made the fast pace managable.

The course was a good split of javascript and python, with some SQL and data science at the end. Now that I am in the interview process, I feel like I was well prepared for an entry level position.

Definitely reccomend this program!

• Great experience!
    - 12/7/2018
    Fiona • Graduate

I went into Coding Temple with no computer science or programming background, besides some research and part of an online class that went over some basic Python concepts. I'll admit, the first couple weeks were definitely eye-opening and difficult, but it is so worth it to stick with it! The instructor was patient and always willing to help and break things down when I was confused. The class moves quickly, so you definitely need to be prepared for that. Just when you are starting to understand one concept, the next one begins. It isn't a bad thing, but because the pace is so quick, it is useful to review the older topics (when you can) as you are learning the new ones.

I was worried about being able to find a job after the bootcamp when my background wasn't in tech, but I was just offered a position (only about a month after the course ended)! If you're ready to put in the work and time, it is absolutely worth it. It won't be easy, but when you finish you'll be amazed at how much you learned in such a short period of time. If you are a career-changer like me and thinking about coding, definitely take a look and try it!

• Zack • Data Engineering Consultant • Graduate

My experience at Coding Temple was sublime. The quality, dedication, and commitment to student success that is central to the culture at Coding Temple is pervasive throughout every individual associated with the organization. It is immediately apparent that the growth of students, both personally and professionally, is the impetus behind every action of the Coding Temple staff.

Curriculum is fast-paced, but also uniquely tailored to individual student interests and career aspirations. Instructors are attentive, responsive, and constantly available to provide guidance through difficult course material. Yes, coding boot camp can be tough, requiring long hours both in and out of the classroom. However, the resultant development of immediately marketable and employable skills is directly proportional to the amount of effort put in by the student. With the tutelage of Derek and Joe, in a scant 10 weeks I went from utter coding naïveté to a solid understanding of the fundamentals of programming and an excellent working knowledge of Python and a wide diversity of associated libraries.

The quality of the career services mirrors the quality of the other aspects of Coding Temple; they are superb. Ripal helped to revamp my résumé to match my distinct and individual career interests. Within a day of posting my information on job boards, I was awash in calls and emails with offers to interview at top-flight companies. It took less than two weeks for me to find a job in my desired field – data engineering – with a company that will continue to allow me to grow and flourish.

My time spent at Coding Temple was fun, interesting, and transformative. Coding Temple provided me with not just an education, but also with friends and colleagues. Coding Temple isn’t just a coding boot camp, it is a community whose members respect and value each other and the organization that brought them together.

• Worth it!
    - 10/29/2018
    Komal • Graduate

I took the .NET/C# 10 week course at Coding Temple and it was worth every penny! I had zero experience in coding before deciding to step into this industry. I was fresh out of college with a degree that I was not sure I wanted to make a career out of so after lots of research I came across Software Development. I was referred to Coding Temple by a friend and it seemed like the best option compared to any other bootcamps relative to price, class size, and their raving reviews.

Attending this bootcamp will take a lot of dedication and you need to be ready to work! For me, it required quitting my job and putting my 100% into the course even before it started. It is so important to do the pre-work assigned prior to class and to fully understand it as well. It will go such a long way throughout the course. I also recommend self-teaching the basics of object-oriented programming prior to class so you are not left behind and playing catch-up throughout. You need to put a lot of effort, both in and out of class.

Joe is extremely knowledgeable and a great instructor! He made sure to help us understand and apply the material. There is one on one interaction with Joe throughout the whole course due to the small class size which came as great advantage for me. All the languages and material we covered through the course was up to date and most relevant with the job openings today which really helped throughout the job search.

Towards the end of the course, there was a lot of assistance through the job placement process. We received assistance with our portfolios, resumes, how to make a presence on job boards and LinkedIn, how to search for jobs, mock technical and behavioral interviews, list of possible technical interview questions, etc. Ripal helped tremendously throughout this whole process from matching with potential recruiters to providing possible job postings for roles that best match your interests.

I received a job offer a little over a month after finishing the course. The whole process is grueling and at times you will feel frustrated but it is well worth it in the end if you are looking for a change in career. Coding Temple is incredibly personable and everyone there is always willing to assist you throughout and make sure you succeed.

• .NET Course
    - 10/3/2018
    Alexis Thomas • Software Configuration Engineer • Graduate

I recently attended Coding Temple and took part in the .NET cohort. I can honestly say this was one of the best decisions I have ever made.  I knew very little coding going into the bootcamp and learned even more than I had anticipated. The .NET cohort covers a great range of technical skills necessary for success as a Software Developer. I now have a job working with SQL, C#, and other skills I learned while I was a student. The class size was one of the deciding factors for me in choosing Coding Temple. The small class size helped with problem solving and if one of us was struggling, anyone was willing to help them.  While I greatly enjoyed my time at Coding Temple, it was not without its challenges. It required dedication outside of class hours and active participation while I was in class every day. I had quit my job and knew I wanted to change my career, so it was 100% worth all of the time and effort this past summer. Joe, Ripal, and the entire Coding Temple staff were instrumental to my success. Joe is a phenomenal teacher and it was rare there was a question he could not answer. I could not be happier with my experience at Coding Temple and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Great Course
    - 8/15/2018
    Gabe • Student

I took a one day course at the coding temple over tableau. I had little to no experience with tableau, making me question if I would be able to keep up in the class. This was not the case. The instructor was very good at explaining any questions and would make sure the class was on the same page before moving on. The instructor would also go into detail on how you could apply these concepts in the workforce such as finding financial data. The class had a very interactive feel due to its size, almost like a one on one training session. Overall, I was very pleased with my experience at the coding temple. I was amazed at how comfortable I was with tableau after just a one day course. I would absolutely recommend their courses to anyone looking for a hands-on learning experience with a very helpful instructor.

• Kyra • Graduate

I was always interested in learning how to code and being a developer, but thought I had missed the boat because I didn't study it in school. Then I found Coding Temple and was so excited to have the opportunity to learn how to be a software developer in just 10 weeks! It was scary quitting my job, but the bootcamp was more than worth it. I learned so much in the bootcamp and am thankful for the experience.

One thing I liked about Coding Temple more than other bootcamps is that it focuses on small class sizes. This was crucial for me because I didn't have much coding experience and I was worried about being left behind. My instructor Derek was a great teacher, answered all my questions, and made sure I really understood what we were doing. We worked on a lot of projects using the topics we were learning about and did one final capstone project. You really do get out of the class what you put into it though. You need to be invested and prepared to work hard.

Ripal has been great to work with for career assistance. He has connected me with recruiters and companies, helped me with my resume, and how to talk about my experience. I graduated less than a month ago and have already had 10+ first round interviews, 2 second round interviews, and 1 final interview. There really is a demnad for developers and Coding Temple will teach you everything you need to know.

• Great Investment
    - 5/18/2018
    Josh Lim • tsotso@ninefourtwo.com • Graduate

I had virtually no coding experience going into the 11-week program, but I came out knowledgeable and confident. I was able to land a job as a Junior Developer about a month after graduating the course. Small class sizes and extremely knowledgeable instructors make Coding Temple well worth your money. Put in the time & effort, and remain curious and passionate, and you will be rewarded - as I was.

• Szymon D • Programmer • Graduate

Going into this course, I told myself that the ONLY criteria upon which I would judge this course was if it led to me getting a job as a programmer. I was not disappointed.

TLDR:
    If you take this course seriously, do all of the coursework and prework, and you genuinely enjoy what you're doing, you will grasp the fundamentals of programming and will get a good paying job. I found an amazing job shortly after graduation and therefore recommend this course 100%.

Onto the review:
    About 6 months before taking this course, I decided to switch jobs and was considering my options. That is when I came across "Coding Bootcamps". At first, I thought that they were too good to be true: Expensive, hyper specialized courses aimed at teaching you all the fundamentals to land a job as a programmer in about 10-12 weeks. After researching the heck out of them, I was convinced that they were indeed legit, and decided to look for a good local school to invest in.

There were several choices that I had in the Chicagoland area. Coding Temple stood out as the most affordable, which immediately put them on my radar. While I didn't know the value of it yet, they were also one of the few schools teaching C# and Python, two of the most popular and useful programming languages. The rest of the schools that I've seen tend to focus on Javascript, which is useful, but in my experience, more helpful if you're looking for a front-end programming job.

I scheduled a visit to Coding Temple, and was immediately impressed by the lead instructor, Joe. His understanding and prior work experience was extensive. The layout of the classroom and break room were very nice, but overall the impression that I got from the instructor is what sealed the deal for me. I knew where I was going.

Before the course began, you are given course prework to do. DO IT! There were two students who never did the prework. Throughout the class, they were struggling and never really did catch up. I'm not sure if they got jobs after class was finished.

The first 5 weeks of class generally focused on front-end programming (HTML/CSS and Javascript). Because of it, I have a better understanding of front-end development than most of the back-end programmers that I work with. The second 5 weeks focus on the back-end (SQL, C#, ASP.NET MVC) and our final projects. The pace of the course definitely picks up as the course continues, so be prepared for that.

I really enjoyed the course hours: 9am to 3pm, Monday through Thursday. They give you a good amount of time to recoup and study after getting bombarded by information during class. Fridays are an optional study day. I would HIGHLY encourage you to go to these, since in my class, most people skipped Fridays. Coming to class on Friday was an excellent opportunity to get one on one instruction with Joe and to catch up on concepts from the week.

The final week of class focuses on wrapping up your Final Project/Resumes and preparing them for the recruiters. In my opinion, Coding Temple does a great job sourcing recruiters from top staffing companies in the Chicagoland area. Ripal helped tremendously with my resume, which is part of why, I believe, I was able to land the job that I did.

Criticisms:
    I only have 1 real criticism of the course. I wish the course were 11 weeks long, to give an extra week to wrap up the Final Project. Things seemed very rushed during the last couple days of class.

Where am I now?:
    I was able to land a great job as a .NET programmer at a top web development company in the Chicagoland area within about a month of graduating. I am surrounded by people with 4-year Computer Science degrees (I have a degree in Chemistry) and many of them even have Master's Degrees. Honestly, I feel like I cheated the system to get to where I am. It just seems too good to be true, but it's not!

If you're looking for a Coding Bootcamp to become a Front-End, .NET or a Python developer, look no further than Coding Temple!

• Jake S • Web Developer • Graduate

When I was first considering coding boot camps, I was very hesitant to make the investment. The Coding Temple reviews seemed too good to be true. After further investigation, I found out that some people I know through mutual friends have gone through the program and are very successful. I went in to meet the instructors and my mind was instantly at ease. Going through this program was the best career decision I have ever made. Not only did I gain a solid understanding of development, I learned how to debug and run through issues within programs. I tried the self-learning classes online and I now realize that the education I gained at the Coding Temple would have never been achieved if I continued to try and learn solo. It’s a very scary and intimidating process but in the end, I am extremely satisfied. It has been less than a month from my last day of class and I have had multiple job offers (I believe the only reason it took this long was because of the holidays). If you have any hesitations, I suggest reaching out to them or going in for a visit to see it for yourself.