coding-temple-logo

Coding Temple

Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Online, Washington

Coding Temple

Coding Temple offers 10-week, full-stack coding bootcamps in Chicago, Boston, and live online. The Full Stack Web Development bootcamp focuses on Python, Flask, SQL, JavaScript, React, Data Structures, Algorithms, and more.  Students will also learn best practices including Test Driven Development and Agile Development and how to develop industry-standard application and get hands-on experience with partnered clients. Coding Temple also offers weekend workshops on specific topics.

To apply, applicants should complete an online application. They will then discuss goals and expectations with a member of the Coding Temple Admissions team, followed by an instructor interview and technical screening. Once admitted, students must complete 40 to 60 hours of pre-work before the first in-class session.

Graduates of Coding Temple's programs will have a portfolio of work including a final Capstone Project to showcase to potential employers. Students receive career preparation throughout the bootcamp including resume prep, mock interviews, and exams which mimic technical challenges for job applications. Coding Temple grads will become part of a large alumni network.

Recent Coding Temple Reviews: Rating 4.94

all (265) reviews for Coding Temple →

Recent Coding Temple News

Read all (36) articles about Coding Temple →
  • Self Paced Blockchain

Coding Temples Online Blockchain program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Experience Coding Temples Award-Winning Curriculum at your own pace! Understand the world of Crypto and the blockchain by building Decentralized Applications (DApps) using the Ethereum Chain The course focus for our time together will be well targeted on the vast world of the blockchain. We will explore what it means to create your first token, how to get that to interact with a DApp, and much more. Build the future of the web. Should you take the time to learn Web3 technology? How far can we push this current-Gen of the web? We spend the first part of our course talking about what it means to dance inside of this brand new world. Then we take our theoretical conversation into a more practical form, diving deep into the code.
    DepositNone
    Tuition PlansPay Up Front
  • Self Paced Flex Data Analysis

LocationOnline, Chicago
    Coding Temples Online Data Analysis program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Experience Coding Temples Award-Winning Curriculum at your own pace! Our Data Analysis program allows you the depth and breadth of tools to uncover insights from data.
    • Installment Plans
    • Deferred
    • Upfront
    • Lending Partners: Ascent, Climb, Meritize

Tuition Plans$5000 for 3 months of access $7500 for 6 months of access
    Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Work
  • Self Paced Flex Software Engineering

Coding Temples Online Software Engineering program is now available with a Self Paced flexible schedule! Coding temple’s 10-week full-stack development course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, analyze, debug and deploy completely functional web applications.
    • Installment Plans
    • Deferred
    • Upfront
    • Lending Partners: Ascent, Climb, Meritize
    • Bread

Tuition Plans$5000 for 3 months access $7500 for 6 months access
    Prep Work40 Hours of Pre-Course Work
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Full-Time Online

Coding Temple’s 10 Week Live Full Stack Development Course provides a thorough primer on all of the tools and technologies required to envision, design, build, test, and deploy completely functional web applications. The Python language is rapidly growing in popularity, being employed in web applications like YouTube, Reddit, DropBox, Survey Monkey, and Quora. Paired with the Django framework, it’s reliable, powerful, and fun to learn technology. The average day will consist of homework review, classroom discussions, lectures, technical quizzes, and programming exercises. Some of the concepts discussed include HTTP, Databases, Libraries, Frameworks, DRY Code, Pair Programming, and Design Patterns.
    Deposit$1,000
    • In House Financing
    • Deferred Payment Plans
    • Lending Partner: Ascent, Meritize, Climb, Bread
    • Income Share Agreement
    Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) GI Bill In-House Financing Long Term Financing Income Share Agreement
    Refund / Guarantee100% Money Back Guarantee
    ScholarshipContinuing Education Scholarship - $500 • Equality Scholarship - $500 • Veterans Scholarship - $500 • Women in Tech - $500
  • Software Engineering Full-Stack | Part-Time Online

LocationDallas, Washington, Boston, Chicago, Online
    Deposit$1,000
    Installment Plans
    Deferred Payment Plans
    Lending Partners: Affirm, Meritize, Climb
    In House Financing

Tuition PlansUpfront Installment Deferred (Meritize, Ascent, Climb) Bread In-House Financing Long Term Financing
    ScholarshipCollege Student Scholarship- $500 • Veterans Scholarship- $500 • Women in Tech- $500
  • My experience!
    - 8/5/2021
    Michael Taylor • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate
    Where to start, I'm not sure. Writing a review for Coding Temple and my experience is some what of a emotional situation for me in a good way. Some words about the employees first....Caring/Honest/Family/Supportive/Involved/Passionate/Open Minded/Creative are all words that come to mind when I think about the employees ranging from top to bottom. Some words for the program.........Tough/Achieving/Testing/Frustrating/Happy/Tiring/Lost/REWARDING! Coding Temple is possibly the hardest course I have ever taken in my life and I am someone that went to college for Computer Science and got Math burn out literally after 2 years non stop of it. Along my path at Coding Temple I met some awesome people and had the experience of my life. I truly felt like my success mattered to each and every person that worked there and my class mates as well. It is a tremendous amount of support at every turn you take......failure is not a option and I assure you there will be times when failure seems like a very real option as I hit that point more than once and was picked right up by the best group of people ever. Hell I still wonder how they all managed to be employed at the same place, it just isn't common anymore in my experience to be met by literally an entire workforce that falls in the category of my words about the employees. This program I would say is geared to someone ready to make a leap and achieve something that will create a career for themselves and test a person beyond words. I highly recommend it to anyone interested in a Full-Stack bootcamp.

Final thoughts........Ryan/Terrell/Joel/Nicole/ and Marlene are all kick ass awesome individuals!
  • Top Notch
    - 8/2/2021
    Nicholas Walker • Graduate
    I just wrapped up my journey through Coding Temple's Part Time Python Bootcamp and I cannot express the level of gratitude I have for the people at CT! Between the beginning of April this year and now, I not only was going through their bootcamp, but also moved from CA to CO, planned a wedding and got married! Through it all, the staff at Coding Temple demonstrated just how committed they are to supporting me as one of their students! They provided extensions and the flexibility I needed to finish the program well! In all my research leading up to committing to Coding Temple, what made them stand out from the crowd was their emphasis on individualised attention! They live up to what they say on their website - as long as you are willing to do the work of messaging them and asking for help as you need it - they want you to understand the curriculum and find a balance between taking the time to do the work and keeping up with the day-to-day.

The program's main priority as far as curriculum is exposure. They know that 12 weeks is not enough time to cover everything about everything, but they do a solid job of giving you the essentials about HTML, CSS, Python, Flask, SQL, JavaScript, React with as much of Pandas and NumPy added onto the end before starting the final capstone project.

Most important are the instructors and staff, just like any other class or course, a teacher can make or break a class and I truly could not have made it through this bootcamp without Nate, Marcus and Nicole pushing me in the right direction each week!

Highly recommended!

- 6/21/2021
    Cole Kelly
    Life changing experience! Super friendly environment, small class size so you're guaranteed to get one on one help!
  • Darin S • Graduate
    TLDR: My experience at Coding Temple was very positive - I thought they had a well-rounded approach to teaching me and my cohort the technical and non-technical sides of learning how to code and transitioning into a career. I highly recommend it for those interested in software engineering, especially if you don’t have any coding experience. They have amazing staff - job support (Marlene) is there for you and wants you to succeed. However, their curriculum was not as in-depth as I wanted it to be for data-analytics part of the course.
    ----
    There’s a lot of resources out there that can teach you how to code. For me, learning on my own from scratch felt slow and I wasn't sure what direction I wanted to go with it. With Coding Temple, I got to ask all the questions I couldn’t ask to an 8 hour-long YouTube tutorial and that helped me process and apply what I learned better. The curriculum covered a good variety (Advanced Python, HTML/CSS, JavaScript, SQL, Flask, React & Data Analytics) of topics so I feel like I got just enough exposure to understand the basics and dive deep into a project at the end of each week.
    At the same time, I think the curriculum could be more in-depth with data analytics. During the data analytics part of the course, there were a couple days when class ended early and we mainly covered how to code for data analytics (Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib). It would've been nice to cover different algorithms/machine learning concepts. Regardless, I’ve come to realize learning doesn’t end with the bootcamp, and I feel like I got a good understanding of programming and basic concepts from the classes to give me the push I needed to learn on my own and create personal projects afterwards.
    My instructor Joel and TA Terrell were very patient and committed to helping me & my cohort understand the content. As long as you are also patient and committed to the process (whether that’s trying to debug your code, figuring out a solution for your problem, understanding a confusing concept), they are there to do it with you. The small class sizes (mine was ~10) were definitely helpful, I felt like there was a comfortable environment for us to ask questions and collaborate together. This might be a different experience for everyone, but my tip is to keep an open mind and put in as much as you want out of it.

As for the non-technical sides of coding, Coding Temple has amazing staff and resources to support you through the bootcamp and the career search. The culture of the bootcamp is what really stands out for me, and I’m grateful I got to be a part of it. Nicole (student relations manager) and Marlene (career coach) emphasized that they are there to help you succeed and I felt that through & through. Nicole has a great network of guest speakers, and I love that she brought in speakers who addressed imposter syndrome and the mental health aspects of job searching. Marlene was incredibly helpful in navigating the job search and networking. I was able to find a job during the bootcamp, and even though it wasn’t related to SWE or data analytics, Marlene helped me through the hiring process, negotiating and networking! The conversations I had with Nicole, Marlene and the guest speakers were very empowering and continue to stick with me after the bootcamp.
  • Dimitri Michelis • Graduate
    Simply put, the people at Coding Temple are some of the most genuine and helpful you will ever find. They truly care about their students and want them to succeed. No question was left unanswered, and no student was left in the dark. The plethora of information, resources, and knowledge made the 10-week course not just bearable, but a blast from start to finish.
  • Adanna • Graduate
    Overall amazing experience. Tiresome but 100% worth it. The teachers are here for you most of the time and give good feedback
  • CeeB
    Great coding bootcamp! The instructors guide you from beginning to end. The curriculum will give you what you need to be successful along with real world experience. I highly recommend!!
  • Renata Osborne • Software Engineer • Graduate
    In September 2020 I was 33, unemployed, a mom to a 3yo. And I knew absolutely nothing about coding or being a software developer. In March 2021 I now have a job as one. Thanks to Coding Temple that provided me not only with courses on software development, different programming languages, and all the technical knowledge but also with a community and they were an immense help with the job search as well. If I could do it, so can you!
  • Ed • Graduate
    The teachers provided a warm and welcoming environment and I was very lucky to take this class. I tend to ask a lot of questions but I never felt stupid or silly asking them here. The material is intense and quick-paced. However, the teachers are always there to offer support. Plus the sessions are recorded for viewing again at your own pace. Sometimes the classes don't have a set framework each time which can sometimes be difficult to follow, but with the staff there to help with any questions or concerns that really isn't a problem. Very happy to have taken this course over some of the other ones that I was looking at.
  • Alejandro • Data Scientist • Graduate
    Bottom line: Marlene is amazing, she is the best career support help I could ever wish for.

Coming in I wanted to learn data so I joined the full-stack and data science course. The course was structured the following way: learn HTML/CSS, Python, SQL, Back-End, JavaScript, Front-End, and Data. Although I wanted to learn data, I learned a lot of different skills that helped me grow as a coder. Some of those skills from the full-stack portion I use in data. This specific class is geared to teach you different technologies and for you to choose what best fits you. It is not to be focused in either data or full stack. The class is taught to make you think and be resourceful once you join the job market. After the curriculum ended and we created our own big (Capstone) projects with no help, a few different classes were offered as well post graduation. Coming in you have to understand that the class is hard work and that the hard work has to keep going after the class ends. You need to keep working on your coding and creating new projects to harness experience. I had a great experience at coding temple but what really took the cake was Marlene, the head of career services and career coach. She was available throughout the whole process almost any time of day. She guided me though the job search and explained to me how to navigate everything from interviews, to LinkedIn (networking), to how to communicate with different future employers. She truly made the difference and now I can say I have my dream job, data scientist.
    - 3/31/2021
    Alex T. • Graduate
    Coding Temple has helped me develop skills to start my new career.  Couldn't be happier with the program.  Derek (instructor) and Nate (TA) were both very patient and helpful.
  • Zander Langley • Student
    The curriculum is very thorough and covers all bases and all of the instructors, counselors, and other staff members are incredibly helpful no matter the circumstances! Would highly recommend.