truecoders-logo

TrueCoders

Birmingham, Online

TrueCoders

TrueCoders is a software development bootcamp that offers an intensive full-time 9-week course or a part-time 6-month evening course both live online and at its campus in Hoover, Alabama. Both courses cover C#, .NET, Java, the ASP.NET MVC framework, relational databases like SQL, webkit based debuggers VPN, RDP and a basic working knowledge of networking and file permissions. TrueCoders also specializes in source control and students will receive in-depth instruction on Git. TrueCoders aims to provide new coders with the tools needed to find a position in the digital job market including marketable skills, career navigation, and a support community.

TrueCoders is meant for career switchers and those with no prior programming experience who wish to enter the tech industry. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling an interview online. A member of their staff will soon follow up with a call.

Before graduation, TrueCoders prepare their students for the job market by improving their resumes, helping them create networking opportunities, and hosting practice interviews. TrueCoders also focuses on communication skills and teaches students how to leverage connections they may have in the tech industry (including fellow students). TrueCoders actively fosters community and friendship with weekly social activities in and out of the classroom such as soccer matches or laser tag. After graduation, the TrueCoders placement team works with graduates to make introductions, set up interviews, coaching before interviews sending out job applications.

Recent TrueCoders Reviews: Rating 4.9

all (111) reviews for TrueCoders →

Recent TrueCoders News

• Full-Stack Software Engineering Day Course

MySQL, Data Science, HTML, Git, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, CSS, Data Structures, Java, Front End, Scrum, SQL, MVC, REST, GitHub
    The Full-Stack Software Engineering Day Course offers an intensive Full-Time 9-week course that's brought to you live-online. These courses are delivered live-online by our instructors, Monday-Friday, from 9 AM - 3 PM CT. You'll be able to interact with your classmates and instructors in real-time. Both courses cover Git and Github, C#, .NET, Java, the ASP.NET Core MVC framework, SQL, WebKit based debuggers, and networking/file permissions. TrueCoders aims to provide new developers with the tools needed to launch their careers in Software Engineering! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    Direct Financing available. Climb Credit Financing available.
    Tuition PlansWe offer a direct financing option of $375/month, or an upfront payment of $4,500
    Refund / GuaranteeWe can issue a refund up to 14 days before the class start date. Afterward, we solidify your position in your registered class as a student.
  • Full-Stack Software Engineering Night Course

MySQL, Data Science, HTML, Git, C#, .NET, ASP.NET, CSS, Data Structures, Java, Front End, Scrum, Agile, SQL, MVC, REST, GitHub
    The Full-Stack Web Development Night Course offers a well-paced part-time afternoon course that's brought to you live online. Our instructors deliver these courses, either Monday/Wednesday/Friday or Tuesday/Thursday/Friday, from 6:30 PM - 8:30 PM CT. You'll be able to interact with your classmates and instructors in real-time. Both the Day and Night course cover Git and Github, Javascript, React, HTML, CSS, Ruby, SQL, WebKit based debuggers, and networking/file permissions. This curriculum aims to provide you with the skills to launch a new career in Web Development! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
  • Full-Stack Web Development Day Course

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Rails, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby, Scrum, Agile, GitHub
    The Full-Stack Web Development Day Course offers an intensive Full-Time 9-week course that's brought to you online. These courses are delivered live-online by our instructors, Monday-Friday, from 9 AM - 3 PM CT. You'll be able to interact with your classmates and instructors in real-time. Both the Day and Night course cover Git and Github, Javascript, React, HTML, CSS, Ruby, SQL, WebKit based debuggers, and networking/file permissions. This curriculum aims to provide you with the skills to launch a new career in Web Development! TrueCoders is for anyone with no prior programming experience or those who want to make a switch in careers. The application process for both classes begins by scheduling a call with an Enrollment Advisor at https://truecoders.io/contact/. During the call, they will provide you with all the information needed to decide whether TrueCoders is for you! Career services cover vital information such as resume building, creating your brand on Linked-In, professional networking, gaining experience, and what it takes to land that first job in your new career! You'll be able to schedule 1:1 time with our Career Service Professionals that will guide you toward your dream career. Apart from the curriculum and career services, TrueCoders is a community of developers that strive to help each other grow in their journey of becoming the best software developers they can be!
    Minimum Skill LevelBasic Computer Skills
  • Full-Stack Web Development Night Course

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Design, Rails, CSS, React.js, Front End, Ruby, Scrum, Agile, REST, GitHub
  • Best experience
    Wahome Mwai  User Photo
    Wahome Mwai • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I learned more than I would have in my college. Great class and communitty, I'll miss these guys.

• Birmingham,AL
    Nathanial McCay  User Photo
    Nathanial McCay • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

They are a short 10 week program that make sure you learn the necessary requirements to get in the coding field and make you feel at home in the process. They will also work with recruiters and employers to get you a job.

• Great School
    Hunter Elam  User Photo
    Hunter Elam • Software Dev • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Speedy-Program that covers a large variety of skills and brings out talent and techinques in everyone in the classroom. Equall treatment across all boards when dealing with TrueCoders they really want you to learn code and how to be proffessional and to help YOU get a JOB!

• John William Jones III  User Photo
    John William Jones III • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Truly a lifechanging course to go through. The teachers are pleasant and knowledgable, the environment is friendly and encouraging, and ultimately goes by in a breeze.

Not to say the coursework is easy mind you, no the course is one of the most difficult I've ever gone through, but the teachers are there with you every step of the way.

10/10 would recommend to someone who even has a slight interest in coding, computers, or technology.

• TrueCoders
    - 8/6/2019
    KaDarius  User Photo
    KaDarius • Quality Assurance Engineer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

Before starting at TrueCoders, I was in a sales role where I felt my talents weren't being nurtured or appreciated. After hearing about TrueCoders, I dove headfirst into one of the best decisions I've made thus far in life. Although challenging and at times somewhat impossible, progressing through the course not only taught me a new skill but also a different way of thinking in terms of tackling a difficult problem.

IT is a beautiful world in its own that many people who could and would be perfect in it never quite get to experience. TrueCoders molds you and grooms you into a quality programmer that can easily become an asset to any team in any space.

If you're intimidated by large classrooms or dread the thought of moving through semester after semester hoping you land a job in your field; TrueCoders can help! Software companies NEED bodies right now. There's no lack of jobs in the space, and tech is constantly growing in this field. It was my best decision to date, and I am grateful to all those involved in my development.

• Francesca Marciani  User Photo
    Francesca Marciani • Software Quality Assurance Tester • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

After leaving academia, I floated in a bizarre purgatory between two realms: "What I Know I Don't Want to Do" and "What Next?" I strung together a series of gig economy and tutoring part-time jobs, and dreamed of one day being able to use the term "full-time employee." I was bored with my current non-trajectory, desirous of a dynamic career, and hungry for a challenge.

Enter TrueCoders, right around when I was considering beginning my own, one-woman math tutoring endeavour. I had seen ads for tech bootcamps before, in cities like San Francisco, Austin, and New York -- all horrendously out of geographical reach and out of price range for someone with neither money nor experience to her name. Still, the idea of being a woman in software development intrigued me. I read stories of women who had left their jobs as teachers, librarians, academics -- all to enter the field of technology. They'd taken the leap, so why couldn't I? When I heard through trusted word of mouth about TrueCoders' high job placement rate and their devotion to sending their graduates into tech jobs (and not just jobs), I put on my best "Struggling Millennial" business casual outfit and went to meet with Daniel Walsh.

A year later, and here I am, one of those women with one of those origin stories. After six weeks of an intensive 8-week course, I had studied, clawed, and fought my way to C# competency, enough that a local company offered me a highly-paid internship position. I repeat: I interviewed with two amazing companies weeks before I had even completed the course, and that was enough to place me where I am today: a full-time employee for the same company, writing code, problem-solving, and destroying bugs. I get to tell people I work in tech, which -- let me tell you -- always feels good. I get to ride along in a field that is always changing and will never bore me, and I get to contribute my skills to software that serves a public good. TrueCoders, in essence, both returned to me my zest for life, and helped me to convert my imagination to reality.

But if you're reading this review, I'm betting that you couldn't care less about my ego. Let me tell you what makes TrueCoders a great launching point for your switch into tech:

• Small classes and individual attention. My class felt particularly special, as we were composed of overachievers who expected nothing but the best of ourselves. The instructor at the time, Cody Winton, recognized this and encouraged our unending thirst for improvement.

• Peer and instructor support. My classmates were interested in helping one another both inside and out of the classroom, some of them forming study groups after class. The level of caring for one another's success still stands out as unique in my long history of learning. However, Cody was also extremely willing to provide help one-on-one, and was never judgmental toward my struggles. The current instructors, Chip Elmer and Brandon Dowds, are genuinely patient, compassionate, and highly effective teachers, and will work tirelessly with you to fill in your knowledge gaps as you go.

• Job-hunting support. From Week 1, Daniel was there to ask us the kinds of companies we were interested in and the salary ranges we were looking for, and to provide us with resume templates. These resumes were reviewed and offered suggestions for improvement, and I learned how to market myself more efficiently. As we broadened our developer skills, Daniel began sending off our resumes to local companies and getting us interviews (!). I sat with him for a couple of mock interviews until I was ready to embark on the real thing. Additionally, throughout the course, he would give us tips for presenting ourselves: getting business cards, social networking on LinkedIn, and actively asking for informational calls. There were also multiple occasions on which representatives from various companies came to speak to the class and meet us, facilitating our network-building.

• Evolutionary. The course belongs to everyone in it, and both the instructors and Daniel are receptive (and responsive!) to feedback. Suggestions for how the course is run or for what kind of material is taught is never treated as arrogant or unwelcome. TrueCoders is adaptable and constantly evolving to meet students' needs, as they simultaneously keep an eye on the demands of the Birmingham tech market. They want you to graduate with the skills you need to enter the labor force as soon as possible.

• Outside interest. The need for skilled tech workers in Birmingham is high, and TrueCoders attracts a great deal of interest from companies in need of developers and support. TC is also wanted and welcomed by the local community for what it provides; for instance, I can remember a couple of occasions on which we were paid surprise visits by businesses, or by their free food samples!

• Community. Long after you've graduated from TrueCoders, you are remembered by your classmates and instructors alike. I have never passed up an opportunity to return to TC to meet (or attempt to assist) new students, catch up with old classmates, and chat with Daniel. Once you've graduated, there will always be a place for you. The giveback is also ongoing, as it's in everyone's best interest that you enjoy what you're doing. If you don't, you will be helped by TrueCoders in finding another job.

It's my hope that this review has been helpful -- and hopefully even a little inspiring -- to you. Now, kick off your shoes and jump in. Life waits for no one, so why wait for life?

• Steven Bustamento  User Photo
    Steven Bustamento • Web Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

At TrueCoders I went on a journey that took me from minor and various jobs in the service industry, without a degree, to ending up as a developer working in industry and working on a handful of side projects with the skillsets that I developed during my course.
    This course was fast paced, but with wonderful instruction and a strong curriculum that sets you up for success. My favorite part of what I learned in the course was I got comfortable solving problems in this world and through the course I got the fundamentals to teach myself and learn more in the tech world.

You couldnt ask to be around better people than at TrueCoders. They are dedicated to every students success, and work very hard to best position their students for success.

I met wonderful people at my time at TrueCoders, and learned so much. This 8 week course is fast paced, but if you put effort into it - you can definitely achieve!

• Serdar Yagci  User Photo
    Serdar Yagci • Software Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

TrueCoders gave me more than what I expected. I've was hired on at FIS here in Birmingham as Software Engineer. Job interview also is a big part and they'll teach you every step. YOU'LL NEVER BE DISAPPOINTED!

• Jacob Watson  User Photo
    Jacob Watson • Business Analyst and Automation Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I went through the 8 week dev course, and was hired on at BBVA at graduation. I wish I could go through the course again just for fun. Daniel is a great guy and keeps everything fun
  • Web Developer
    - 6/28/2019
    Carlton Gannett  User Photo
    Carlton Gannett • Web Developer @ Healthgrades.com • Graduate Verified via GitHub

TRUECODERS IS AWESOME and will change your life

After going to the developer accelerator track I got a job making 60k+ a year without a college degree. They will help you and coach you through the whole process of finding a job. What's great about TrueCoders is the instructors: They are right there for when you don't understand something or you are missing something. Getting that push here and there when you aren't getting it will dramatically speed up your ability to learn programming and get a job.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PROGRAMMING OF ANY SORT  AND ARE THINKING ABOUT SIGNING UP - DO IT

• Great Bootcamp
    - 12/29/2020
    Colin Shanahan • Graduate
    Great Bootcamp for beginners and intermediate developers. You will work on projects independently and with classmates. Main focus is on C# and then SQL. Less focus on HTML,CSS, and Javascript. C# can be overwhelming for beginners so I'd recommend doing some studying before on W3schools or a similar site before class starts. I had a great instructor (Michael Doyle) and you have unlimited help with 1on1 zoom calls if you are struggling or need help with anything. The job placement side is pretty good especially if you have no prior experience or knowledge in interviewing, applying, etc. Resources for interview practice is also nice. You will have the tools to practice what questions to answers on an interview. I'd also recommend taking a couple web dev, C#, ethical hacking/ cyber security, and SQL course along with this bootcamp (After this class would be ideal). Just because you will be spending most of your day working on True Coders material. This goes for the Software Engineering curriculum. While attending they added the Web Dev course. Great support and alumni!
  • OJ • Student
    If you're someone that's having a difficult time deciding choose this boot camp!
    1. The instructors are great, they take their time explaining the curriculum.
    2. They have tutors available.
    3. Truecoders prepares you starting day one with their job placement talks and techniques to amp up your resume.

Overall my experience was a great one and I feel confident to enter the industry after my training.