the-ohio-state-university-boot-camps-logo

The Ohio State University Boot Camps

The Ohio State University Boot Camps

The Ohio State University College of Engineering offers a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp, and 24-week, part-time web development, cybersecurity, and UX/UI boot camps held online. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git, with in-person and online options.

The cybersecurity curriculum offers hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

The boot camps are designed for working professionals who are actively seeking a career change. No prior experience is required. Students who have no tech background can get up to speed through pre-boot camp tutorials. Upon completion, graduates will receive a Certificate of Completion from the Ohio State University College of Engineering.

Boot camp students will work with a dedicated profile coach and career director throughout the boot camp’s duration and post-graduation. Students receive career planning assistance including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, career content and practice sessions, technical interview training, and 1:1 career coaching. Students will also have the opportunity to attend quarterly online panel discussions with local industry professionals.

The Ohio State University Boot Camps are powered by Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent The Ohio State University Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 3.67

all (3) reviews for The Ohio State University Boot Camps →

Recent The Ohio State University Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

The Ohio State University Cybersecurity Boot Camp is a challenging, part-time boot camp that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security. Throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks, you will get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture.
    • Full Stack Web Development - Full-Time

React.js, Node.js, MySQL, MongoDB, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Git, CSS
      The Ohio State University Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development boot camp. The full stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
    • Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time

React.js, Python, PHP, Node.js, MySQL, MongoDB, JavaScript, Java, HTML, Git, Express.js, CSS, C#
      The Ohio State University Coding Boot Camp includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, databases, MongoDB, Node.js, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more. Gain real-world experience through complex projects and build a professional portfolio that demonstrates your knowledge. Benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success in the job market including portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, workshops, and mock interviews.
      Minimum Skill LevelNo prior coding experience is required.
      Prep WorkStudents who have no tech background can get up to speed through pre-bootcamp tutorials.
    • UX/UI - Part-Time

User Experience Design, jQuery, JavaScript, HTML, Design, CSS
      Get hands-on training and instruction in UX/UI design methodology, design software skills, front end web prototyping technologies and frameworks including HTML/CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more. Maintain your current schedule by studying part-time, and apply what you’ve learned toward building a comprehensive portfolio of projects ranging from AI sketches to mobile-responsive web layouts.

• $500 Ohio State University Coding Boot Camp Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Ohio State University Coding Boot Camp scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Full Stack Web Development - Part-Time (Online)
    • Cameron Headlee  User Photo
      Cameron Headlee • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I entered this boot camp with zero coding experience! My reason for choosing a boot camp is I was stuck working jobs that had no future for a career. I soon realized I wanted more than just a 9-5 that got me by paycheck to paycheck. I did a few semesters of college online but with limited options in what I could major in, it fell through quickly leaving me wondering what career could I even make out of those classes. Then when I was 21 years old,  I found The Ohio State Boot Camps page and I could not be more satisfied with an experience. I am writing this review now with little less than a month left in the course. I can honestly say it has been the hardest thing I have ever done education wise but it has also been the most rewarding. The fulltime course definitely requires the recommended 20-25 hours a week of study time outside the classroom that they recommend. It sounds intimidating at first but with the resources provided such as tutoring and endless amounts of online documentation to read through it is achievable! I was overwhelmed with the pace at first but as we got deeper into the course my understanding of the languages progressed and so did my code. I never thought in a million years I would be able to build web applications from the ground up on my own! My instructor Rachel is exceptional, she is clear and concise with every language and tool she teaches while knowing how to put it into a real world perspective for me and the other students. On top of being great at teaching Rachel is always available to answer any questions before and after class. Even If it was 1 A.M and Rachel was not available for questions there is still 24/7 support provided from real world developers! The coursework is current with any job in the web development field you are interested in obtaining after the boot camp. Furthermore, there is a mass amount of career support provided to you throughout the boot camp whether it is a networking seminar, resume building event, interview prep, and so much more! Also, even after the boot camp ends you are not left on your own! You are provided with 1 0n 1 career coaching and even more courses with languages not covered in the boot camp to help you on your journey. I am truly satisfied with every hour and dollar spent on this course. If you are really motivated to change careers or start one this is the course I would recommend. Hats off to Ohio State and Trilogy for providing students with such a powerful experience. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me and all my classmates. I am in the same class as Michael Carmody so if you need more reassurance before joining read his review as well!
      Wednesday, Sep 01 2021
      Amazing, Cameron! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. Like you noted, this is a rigorous program, one that will require extensive time both inside and outside of the classroom. Great advice on taking advantage of the available resources including tutoring and career services — we couldn't agree more that Rachel is pretty fantastic. Thank you for your review! We commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on as you continue towards completing the course.
    • Michael Carmody  User Photo
      Michael Carmody • Student • Student • Verified via LinkedIn
      I am currently taking a full stack development program, through an online program, hosted by The Ohio State University. I worked in hospitality for 10 years and felt that I needed to make a change. This program offers everything necessary to do this. It has a curriculum that is all encompassing with instructors that are passionate about what they do. They take feedback seriously and have made adjustments accordingly. It is truly wonderful to participate in a program where the focus is more on comprehension and less on grades. Furthermore, the career development and engagement programs that they have in place are fundamental resources for anyone looking to make a change. They offer numerous seminars throughout the semester and provide multiple resources to connect with companies as well as how to develop yourself for interviews including your resume and cover letter. I am so thankful I found this program and it has been exactly what I needed. It is important that you are able to give your full attention to the program, if you choose to do the full time route, as it will require 20 to 25 hours outside of class if you are going to retain and build upon the class content and ultimately develop the necessary skills in order to succeed in a work setting. Rachel is my particular instructor and she is extremely passionate about teaching and helping others gain full comprehension of code, why it exists, and how to utilize it.
      Friday, Aug 20 2021
      We appreciate your review, Michael! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. It's great to hear you're enjoying the curriculum and benefiting from the support of our entire boot camp team — we couldn't agree more that Rachel is pretty fantastic. Like you said, it's important to be committed to your studies as the course will require extensive time both inside and outside the classroom. We commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on as you continue towards graduation!
    • Matt • Student
      Trilogy Education Services is paying the university for the name only, the company operates in many other states under the same idea of so called college universities. (ie not really The Ohio State University)  You pay $11,500 to teach yourself coding. When I asked for help online I was given links to free resources on google and 40min long YouTube video. The class is mainly application of coding you somehow are suppose to learn with no course material or exercises to do.  You get very basic exercises to do in class and then your homework is material you have no experience in so, you're basically googling how to do it, why pay 11,000 to teach yourself. Instructor Slavic and Tim were only good part about the whole experience. The course is very poor quality,  Jill Pettis (student accounts) failed to explain, we as students would owe the remaining balance even if we withdraw, after add/drop date. It was only explained we would not get refund for first payment and deposit we put down. Please do yourself a favor and DO NOT ATTEND this bootcamp. There is a reason the alumni of this program are pretty non-existent. My class size started out as 60+ then by the first week dropped to only 18, should of been a RED FLAG!
      Thursday, Aug 26 2021
      Thank you for your feedback, Matt. We're glad to hear you benefited from the support of our instructional team but regret to hear the boot camp as a whole did not live up to your expectations.

Like you mentioned, The Ohio State University, College of Engineering & Department of Computer Science (the University) has partnered with Trilogy Education Services (TES), a 2U, Inc. brand, to offer The Ohio State University Coding Boot Camp. The University is deeply involved in the curriculum, instructor selection, and outcomes of each of our classes, and routinely meets in conjunction with TES to monitor the learning experience and performance. Both the University and TES are truly dedicated to transforming students' lives.

We pride ourselves on teaching individuals how to learn, providing a strong foundational skill set that allows them to easily dive into other programming languages, even after the course ends. This helps participants learn how to problem-solve and self-teach through internet research and other available resources; crucial abilities needed in any real-world role.

Our team works hard to ensure every learner feels supported every step of the way, however, we are constantly working to improve our processes to ensure participants are being heard and assisted. Our enrollment agreement and admissions process do make the refund policy clear, noting that refunds are not possible after the drop period ends. We understand that you were dissatisfied with this procedure and apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused.

It's our goal for all students to leave the boot camp feeling equipped with the skills they need to succeed. We would love the opportunity to speak with you directly to learn how else we can assist you at this time. If you would like, please reach out to us at (614) 826-6370.