nyc-data-science-academy-logo

NYC Data Science Academy

New York City, Online

NYC Data Science Academy

NYC Data Science Academy offers 12-week, accredited data science and data analytics bootcamps in New York City and live online. NYC Data Science Academy is a nationally accredited Data Science Bootcamp in the U.S that teaches both Python and R. In the program, students will learn beginner and intermediate levels of Data Science with Hadoop, Spark, Github, Docker, SQL, R, and Python packages like XgBoost, Caret, Dplyr, Ggplot2, Pandas, Scikit-learn, and more. The program distinguishes itself by balancing intensive lectures with real-world project work and the breadth of its curriculum. The academy is well known for its industry project-oriented learning experience and well-immersed community established since 2013.

Students will work on at least four individual or team projects showcased to employers through private hiring partner events, student blogs, meetups, and film presentations. The academy also offers strong lifetime career support such as tech interview prep, mock interviews, unlimited mentorships, and 1-on-1 post-interview reviews and feedback from career mentors to help students ace their interviews.

Recent NYC Data Science Academy Reviews: Rating 4.84

all (336) reviews for NYC Data Science Academy →

Recent NYC Data Science Academy News

Read all (26) articles about NYC Data Science Academy →
  • 12-Weeks In-Person/ Remote Live Data Science with Machine Learning Bootcamp

Start Date January 03, 2022
    LocationNew York City
    In this program students will learn the modern data analytic techniques and master the requisite skills, such as Python and R programming languages as well as Hadoop, to address real-world data science problems. Throughout the program, students work alone and in teams to create at least five projects that are showcased to employers. Along the way, students will have assistance in preparing for the job search through resume review, interview preparation, and opportunities to interview with our hiring partners. Successful completion of the curriculum will present a certification of graduation certified by the New York State Board of Education.
    Deposit$5,000
    $397.88 pm for 60 months
    Tuition PlansWe have full-financing available through SkillsFund and ClimbCredit financial loan. It is approximately 400/per month for 60 months.
    Refund / GuaranteeNYC Data Science Academy’s refund policy adheres to both ACCET and NYS Education Department guidelines. Visit https://nycdatascience.com/refund-and-regulations/ for more details.
    ScholarshipLimited number of scholarships available to qualified candidates.
    Prep WorkPrerequisite online coursework includes a total of forty hours of work and over two hundred exercises. The Prework will prepare students to work with both R and Python as well as revisit basic concepts in linear algebra, calculus, and statistics. Mathema
    January 03, 2022 - New York City Apply by December 27, 2021
  • 7-weeks In Person/ Remote Live Data Analytics Bootcamp

Data Analytics , R, Data Visualization, Data Science
    LocationOnline, New York City
    It is an accelerated training program in which students learn the major tools and methods for performing data analyses and apply them to various projects typically found in real-life business situations. Students learn to employ R and Python for data analytics projects and for presenting research results effectively. DABC502 Data Science Toolkit DABC506 Data Analytics with Python DABC511 Data Analytics with R DABC516 Business Cases in Data Science DABC519 Data Analytics Capstone Project
    Deposit$5,000

Tuition PlansWe have full-financing available through SkillsFund and ClimbCredit financial loans. It is approximately 400/per month for 60 months.
  • Introductory Python

LocationOnline, New York City
    This is a class for computer-literate people with no programming background who wish to learn basic Python programming. The course is aimed at those who want to learn “data wrangling” – manipulating downloaded files to make them amenable to analysis. We concentrate on language basics such as list and string manipulation, control structures, simple data analysis packages, and introduce modules for downloading data from the web.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis Introductory Python class is designed for computer-literate people with no programming background who wish to learn basic Python programming.
    Prep WorkIn the class, we will use Python 3. If you are following this video to set up Python environment, please make sure you download the Python 3.X version starting from 1 min 23 s in the video. Link: https://vimeo.com/160172414
  • Online Data Analytics Bootcamp

[Online Data Analytics Bootcamp: Online Learning, 1-on-1 Mentor, 3 Months] Data analysis skills can be utilized in virtually every industry, making people in the workforce more valuable. Any opportunity to increase your value in your career can pay off big time. It's also an investment to help boost upward mobility in currently held positions. The Online Data Science Bootcamp program is designed for students who would like to take the courses online. Our curriculum covers the expanse of all the skills required in the data science industry. We cover Data Analytics with R, Data Analytics with Python, Business Cases in Data Science, and Data Analytics Capstone projects.

• Online Data Science with Machine Learning Bootcamp

The Online Data Science Bootcamp program is designed for students who would like to take the courses online. Our curriculum covers the expanse of all the skills required in the data science industry. We cover R, Python, Machine Learning Theory, Big Data, and Deep Learning. Access instructions at your convenience Plan your schedules to meet learning objectives Asynchronous interactions with instructors and staff One-on-one support by academic mentors Longer time to master curricular competencies Lifetime career support to help you find a job upon graduation Connection with Data Science professionals and NYCDSA alumni Online Data Science Bootcamp - Full-time: 16 Weeks (Full-time), Commit 30-40 hours/week Online Data Science Bootcamp - Part-time: 24 Weeks (Full-time), Commit 20-30 hours/week
    • Full Tuition Total $17,600
    • Climb Credit Loan $400* pm for 60 months
    • SkillsFund Student Loan $397.88 pm for 60 months

ScholarshipLimited number of scholarships available to qualified candidates.
    Minimum Skill LevelIdeal applicants should have a Masters or Ph.D. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or equivalent experience of quantitative science or programming.
    Prep Workhttp://blog.nycdatascience.com/faculty/data-science-bootcamp-pre-work/
  • Zhenggang Xu  User Photo
    Zhenggang Xu Verified via LinkedIn

1. Why NYCDSA:

Before I made the decision, I did some research online (course report and switchup). I chose a few bootcamps with highly positive reviews and visited all of them. Finally I picked NYCDSA because the curriculum is comprehensive and the instructors are very nice to me during my visit.

2. My overall experience with the bootcamp

1. The curriculum covers most of the items listed in the typical job descriptions/requirements of a data scientist. As long as you are good at these skills, you should be confident in the job hunting. Of course you need to put a lot of effort on developing the skills, and the bootcamp can give you a clear roadmap from programming 101 all the way to deep learning algorithms. Besides the regular coursework, you are required to finish 4 projects in which you can practice what you learn during the class, and get a good sense how to deal with real-life data. If you put enough time on it, you will be proud of yourself and impress other people by what you have done. They are not just some bullet points on your resume.
    2. The instructors are incredible. They have a deep understanding about what they are teaching, in both theory and practice levels. Students are always encouraged to ask questions during the class or outside of the classroom. Whenever I had questions they can give me quick answers almost all the time.
    3. I learned a lot from my classmates. The class profile of my cohort is highly diverse, from math PhD to Harvard MBA, from psychologist to investment banker. The common interest in data science gave us a chance to sit in the same classroom for 3 months. I made friends with many classmates, especially the ones I did group projects with. We learn from each other, share job information and interview experience with each other. I feel very privileged to study and work together with so many smart and interesting people here.
    4. The career assistance is great. The bootcamp did many different things to help us on job hunting, including job placement workshop, resume review, hiring partner event, alumni referral, even some online webinars when the bootcamp is over. I received several emails from the bootcamp regarding open positions every week. They also provide mock interview on both HR and technical sides. You job hunting will be much different if you make fully use of these resources.

There are still more good things about the camp than I listed here. For people who want to switch careers to data science I sincerely recommend this bootcamp for you. Just make sure you spend enough time on the pre-work before you come to the class.

• Xu Huang  User Photo
    Xu Huang • Data Scientist • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I learned about NYC Data Science Academy (NYCDSA) by googling. I was searching for more systematical training and professional hring guide in Data Science after taking numerous online courses by myself. I chose on-site NYCDSA bootcamp because 1. More efficient than Master Degree, 2. High reputation and reviews received from NYCDSA alumni, and 3. A perfect match for me who has advanced degree in STEM and wants to switch career. I'm so glad that I made the decision to join NYCDSA.

One of the best things about the NYCDSA is that you are required to finish 4 intense main projects that cover nearly all the key skills you'll need for Data Science jobs and job searching: Python, R, Machine Learning, Big Data, Deep Learning, etc. I needed to show the best of what I'd learned and my coding skills to present, to learn how to collaborate with teammates who have different background and ideas, and more importantly, to meet deadlines!

After the bootcamp, I'm well equiped with an 'arsenal' for job searching: polished resume highlighting my Data Science projects & experience; professional links as your show case: GitHub, NYCDSA blog posts, etc; interview questions & exams, including one-on-one mock interview practice; connections with hiring partners and a whole set of job searching follow-ups and support...... I'm so lucky to have those helps from NYCDSA, and entire cohort of friends and connections.

I highly recommend NYCDSA bootcamp to whoever want to seek/switch to career in Data Science.

• Weijie Deng  User Photo
    Weijie Deng • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I was recommended by one of my friend, who almost had the same background as me and had a job after graduation <from the NYC data science academy Bootcamp>. I came from a business background, and I knew nothing about python until I started the Bootcamp. After 3-month intensive training, I started from zero knowledge in coding to someone can really use machine learning to solve some business questions, and guided me into the world of data science. The instructors are very knowledgeable and very willing to answer all my stupid questions. The curriculums are well-designed and taught the machine learning theories twice, very helpful to me. I enjoyed my time in the NYC Data Science Bootcamp and learned a lot from this onsite Bootcamp.

• Chuanhao Nie  User Photo
    Chuanhao Nie • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attend NYCDSA because one of my friends' recommendation that the bootcamp offers hands on experience of data science. Actually, the bootcamp is as good as I expect. I will never forget the 3 month learning experience. I study very hard but at the same time I feel like I grow a lot.

The bootcamp's courses cover everything related to data science, not only the advanced parts such as machine learning and deep learning, but also fundamental skills such as Python, R, SQL. My background is finance. But after studying in the bootcamp, I feel like I am prepared for a data science job.

The teachers and teaching assistants here are very knowledgeble. In addition, the classmates you study with have strong academic/working experience. Most of the students here have master or phd degree with 2-10 years' working experience. I would highly recommend NYCDSA.

• Good Starter
    - 10/19/2018
    Anthony Romano  User Photo
    Anthony Romano • Research Scientist • Student Verified via LinkedIn

In the past I've used a lot of online courses to try and learn how to use python in my day to day work but I never felt like I "got it." This in person experience was well organized, provided relevant material and challenging homework. The first day of the class really scared me and had me thinking I bit off more than I can chew, but by the end I felt like I'd learned a lot and am thankful to the instructor Tony for his in class comments and examples. I would recommend this course to anyone who is already conducting data analytics but is looking to branch out to python. The course provides a lot of food for thought and made me feel like I have a solid foundation in python now.

• Nacho Moreno  User Photo
    Nacho Moreno • Senior Location Analyst at JLL • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the 2018 Summer bootcamp and was a great experience! Not only academically but also from a personal perspective. I am currently living in Spain so travelled and relocated all the way from Barcelona to join the NYC Data Science Academy. NYCDSA curriculum is really comprehensive  and the information and assistance you get prior to joining the bootcamp from the acadmy’s staff is really good. It’s assuring coming from that far to know what to expect from the bootcamp and to see how responsive the staff was to any queries I had.

I have a background in Location Intelligence with no coding experience (just a bit of SQL) and managed to follow the lessons well enough! Not without effort though. The curriculum is gradual and comprehensive, from mainly coding practice and basic statistics to Machine Learning and then more advanced topics like Deep Learning and Big Data.

Personally I also think is a great experience, the bootcamp allows you to connect and create a Data Science network at the same time you interact with your cohort mates which will be like your family during the 12 weeks that lasts the bootcamp.

Just one warning! Prepare yourself for working hard during the bootcamp, the more you work the more you will get out of it!

• Samuel Mao  User Photo
    Samuel Mao • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

For anyone who is seriously considering a career in data science, I strongly recommend this bootcamp. My background in MS business analytics has nothing to compare with this bootcamp in terms of Machine Learning and Data Engineering. If you only check out 5/10 of a data science job requirement, this bootcamp will make you 10/10, if you put in the work and time. On top of this, every cohort will allow you to meet people who share the same ambition from diverse backgrounds (profession, educational degree, country). One more thing that must be emphasized is that the faculty and staff here are extremely helpful and instructive. Again, I strongly recommend this place if what I have described above are what you are looking for.

• Alexey Malafeyev  User Photo
    Alexey Malafeyev • BI developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Thank you to Jon Krohn for his approach to teach the lectures and for all his systematic organization of all his materials. Also, for being very attentive to the questions and trying to get back with the constructive help ASAP. And a bit of a personal impression: the mashine vision part of the course was better prepared with the interesting and easy to get examples whereas the NLP part could have been more elaborated, but it is by default the case if you compare these two areas. But, knowing how easy Jon was able to organize the steps for the forst noticed I trully believe it is just a matter of a few more thought on that for him and his Co. It may be also true that one more day of classes would be very nice addition to cover the materials better. The other missing thing was a simple example on how you would deploy the network in any environment to be ised in production.

• Gurminder Kaur  User Photo
    Gurminder Kaur • Data Scientist • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I am very glad that I took the decision of joining NYC Data Science Academy to pursue the field of Data Science. The 12-weeks intensive program equips you with a strong and solid foundation for Data Science, even if you come with no background in data at all. The staff is easily approachable and highly knowledgeable. The academy makes sure that you have a good experience to showcase at the job interviews through four different projects (one of them being a live project, solving a real-world business problem for a company). The academic setup, which includes instructors as well as Tas, is excellent and ensures that you have required support and guidance at each and every step throughout the program.

They have a strong professional network and even hold a hiring event towards the end of the bootcamp, where you have the opportunity to interact with various companies (across different industries) looking for potential Data Scientists. The academy supports you throughout the process of finding the right job, even after graduating from the bootcamp. Vivian was very helpful with my interview process and providing the right feedback so I can be better prepared and get the job I desired.

Of course, as with any learning process, the real onus of making sure that you get the most out of the bootcamp lies with you. This is a very intensive 12 weeks program and you need to make sure that you dedicate this period fully to Data Science.

I thoroughly enjoyed the learning process at the bootcamp. It helps you grow not only as a Data Scientist but also as professional through the diverse mix of students coming from different academic and professional backgrounds. I highly recommend NYCDSA to anyone who is seeking to make a career in Data Science.

- 9/17/2018
    Xiaowei Cheng  User Photo
    Xiaowei Cheng • Data Analyst • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

A very good place with knowledgeable staff.

Highly recommend.

• Igor Gitlevich  User Photo
    Igor Gitlevich • Data Scientist • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

The bootcamp program of NYCDSA is designed to take the skillset of every student to the next level regardless of the preliminary expertise.  Covering basics of R and Python during the pre-work and first month of the bootcamp follows by a deep dive into the essence of every popular machine learning algorithm, as well as implementation details and caveats in both, R and Python.  The understanding of these caveats combined with more common knowledge will facilitate and ease the continuous learning and career advancement for years to come.  It is important to note that to get most out of this bootcamp, full dedication is required.

Anyone who is serious about having career in data science and willing to do the hard work to make it happen should seriously consider this 3-month program. The materials of the courses are superb, and the instructors are world-class, willing to take the time to answer every question with enough attention to ensure that understanding of students progresses.  Finally, the academy’s professional networking events and job search-related workshops give a great boost to the job finding opportunities.  I enjoyed my time at the academy and I wholeheartedly recommend it.

• Yun Wang  User Photo
    Yun Wang • Research Scientist Verified via LinkedIn

I highly recommended the deep learning course for anyone. Jon is the best teacher. He actively responses to your questions and teaches you in a easy-understainding way. I am very happy that I made the right decision. Starting from zero to having an application idea for my research.

Thanks Jon!