nyc-data-science-academy-logo

NYC Data Science Academy

New York City, Online

NYC Data Science Academy

NYC Data Science Academy offers 12-week, accredited data science and data analytics bootcamps in New York City and live online. NYC Data Science Academy is a nationally accredited Data Science Bootcamp in the U.S that teaches both Python and R. In the program, students will learn beginner and intermediate levels of Data Science with Hadoop, Spark, Github, Docker, SQL, R, and Python packages like XgBoost, Caret, Dplyr, Ggplot2, Pandas, Scikit-learn, and more. The program distinguishes itself by balancing intensive lectures with real-world project work and the breadth of its curriculum. The academy is well known for its industry project-oriented learning experience and well-immersed community established since 2013.

Students will work on at least four individual or team projects showcased to employers through private hiring partner events, student blogs, meetups, and film presentations. The academy also offers strong lifetime career support such as tech interview prep, mock interviews, unlimited mentorships, and 1-on-1 post-interview reviews and feedback from career mentors to help students ace their interviews.

Recent NYC Data Science Academy Reviews: Rating 4.84

all (336) reviews for NYC Data Science Academy →

Recent NYC Data Science Academy News

Read all (25) articles about NYC Data Science Academy →
  • 12-Weeks In-Person/ Remove Live Data Science Bootcamp

LocationNew York City
    In this program students will learn the modern data analytic techniques and master the requisite skills, such as Python and R programming languages as well as Hadoop, to address real-world data science problems. Throughout the program, students work alone and in teams to create at least five projects that are showcased to employers. Along the way, students will have assistance in preparing for the job search through resume review, interview preparation, and opportunities to interview with our hiring partners. Successful completion of the curriculum will present a certification of graduation certified by the New York State Board of Education.
    Deposit$5,000
    $397.88 pm for 60 months
    Tuition PlansWe have full-financing available through SkillsFund and ClimbCredit financial loan. It is approximately 400/per month for 60 months.
    Refund / GuaranteeNYC Data Science Academy’s refund policy adheres to both ACCET and NYS Education Department guidelines. Visit https://nycdatascience.com/refund-and-regulations/ for more details.
    ScholarshipLimited number of scholarships available to qualified candidates.
    Minimum Skill LevelIdeal applicants should have a Masters or Ph.D. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math or equivalent experience of quantitative science or programming.
    September 27, 2021 - New York City Apply by September 20, 2021
    January 03, 2022 - New York City Apply by December 27, 2021
  • 7-weeks In Person/ Remove Live Data Analytics Bootcamp

R, Data Visualization, Data Science
    LocationOnline, New York City
    It is an accelerated training program in which students learn the major tools and methods for performing data analyses and apply them to various projects typically found in real-life business situations. Students learn to employ R and Python for data analytics projects and for presenting research results effectively. DABC502 Data Science Toolkit DABC506 Data Analytics with Python DABC511 Data Analytics with R DABC516 Business Cases in Data Science DABC519 Data Analytics Capstone Project
    Deposit$5,000
    ScholarshipLimited number of scholarships available to qualified candidates.
    Minimum Skill LevelPrerequisite online coursework includes a total of forty hours of work and over two hundred exercises. The Prework will prepare students to work with both R and Python as well as revisit basic concepts in linear algebra, calculus, and statistics. Mathema
  • Full-time Online Data Science Bootcamp

Start Date September 27, 2021
    This program was designed for students that have the time to be a full-time student, but can't commute to our school. Students will be placed on a rigorous curriculum that spans from 9:30 AM to 6:00 PM EST as well as have access to prerecorded modules with over 1000 coding challenge questions on online learning platform for additional practice. In addition, they have access to dedicated TA’s as well as the larger network of a shared slack channel between both in-person and remote bootcamp students. Classes: You will learn streamed lectures as well as have access to prerecorded modules and coding questions for additional practice. Personalized Job Support: Students also have access to the full resources of NYC Data Science Academy to help them find their dream job upon graduation. Our curriculum covers the expanse of all the skills required in the data science industry. We cover both R and Python as well as Machine Learning Theory, Big Data, and Deep Learning.
    • Full Tuition Total $17,600
    • Climb Credit Loan $400* pm for 60 months
    • SkillsFund Student Loan $397.88 pm for 60 months

September 27, 2021 - Online Apply by September 20, 2021
  • Introductory Python

LocationNew York City
    This is a class for computer-literate people with no programming background who wish to learn basic Python programming. The course is aimed at those who want to learn “data wrangling” – manipulating downloaded files to make them amenable to analysis. We concentrate on language basics such as list and string manipulation, control structures, simple data analysis packages, and introduce modules for downloading data from the web. This Introductory Python class runs over four weeks, with five hours of class per week (split into 2 ½ hour evening classes). Classes will be given in a lab setting, with student exercises mixed with lectures. Students should bring a laptop to class. There will be a modest amount of homework after each class.
    Minimum Skill LevelThis Introductory Python class is designed for computer-literate people with no programming background who wish to learn basic Python programming.
    Prep WorkIn the class, we will use Python 3. If you are following this video to set up Python environment, please make sure you download the Python 3.X version starting from 1 min 23 s in the video. Link: https://vimeo.com/160172414
  • Part-time Online Data Science Bootcamp

Start Date September 27, 2021
    This is an online part-time self-paced program. Students have 4 - 10 months to complete this program. The curriculum is the same as our on-campus program, with full-financing options, career support and with a one on one support from our mentors. This program is designed for students that work full-time and are not able to quit their jobs. Our curriculum is drawn from data science engagement with corporate consulting and training, hiring partners and active industry participation. Our remote bootcamp ensures that students achieve a very high level of proficiency. Students are expected to dedicate themselves fully to this program and fulfill all the requirements, which include completing lecture videos, daily homework, and four projects. The Remote Bootcamp is built as a collaborative environment utilizing online chat and meeting systems. Students also have the opportunity to collaborate on homework, projects, job applications, interview preparation, paired programming, and even further through our extended alumni community. We work closely with hiring partners and recruiting firms to create a pipeline of interests for students. Each student receives one-on-one support with job searching and access to all kinds of job assistance resources, including coding reviews, interview prep, resume workshop, and access to our exclusive hiring partner network.
    • Full Tuition Total $17,600
    • Climb Credit Loan $400* pm for 60 months
    • SkillsFund Student Loan $397.88 pm for 60 months

September 27, 2021 - Online Apply by September 20, 2021
  • Chung-Hsuan Huang  User Photo
    Chung-Hsuan Huang • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I did some research on data science online (Course report and switchup) before I made a decision.  I chose NYCDSA because they covered both Python and R, their instructors are knowledgeable and professional, and comprehensive curriculum. Especially I have to use both R and Python in my work, so I think knowing both languages will open more opportunities when looking for a job.

NYC Data Science Academy did a great job of helping me acquire the necessary skills in Data Science before, during, and after the bootcamp. The pre-bootcamp materials helped me get familiar with the essential R/Python coding skills and speeded up the learning curve during the bootcamp. I highly recommend whoever wants to join a bootcamp should get prepare before the bootcamp, and NYCDSA does a great job in providing necessary materials in R/Python coding.

During the bootcamp, the course work is very intensive. Although I already have coding experience and mathematical background, I still need to spend at least 12 hrs a day to study and finish homework and projects.  However, the instructors and TAs are doing their best to ensure everyone can get the most out of the courses.  As a remote student, I can't meet them in person, and they are still very responsive through messages or video meetings. During the bootcamp, I finished four projects to showcase my skills. One of them is solving the real business problem from the company, which is valuable when I was looking for a job. The academy also teaches you how to express your projects during the interview.

They have a robust professional network and hold a hiring event one week after each cohort. You will have the opportunity to expand your network and show your skills to various companies that are looking for data scientists or data analysts. They also dedicated to supporting you find a great job. Vivian did a fantastic job helping me with my interview processes and giving me valuable feedback.

Overall, I have a very positive experience with NYCDSA. I was suspicious if a bootcamp can make me transit into a data scientist when I looked for a data scientist bootcamp. However, I found a great job a month after I finished the bootcamp. This program is worth the hard work I put. I am glad that I made this decision a half year ago.

• Amazing experience
    - 10/25/2019
    Jason  User Photo
    Jason • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I graduated at the end of March(Cohort 16).
    Before having the bootcamp, I have no coding or computer science related background. I thought I would fail and not able to get into the industry.
    However, after I took the bootcamp, I learned a lot of coding and Data Science related skills, and this academy has changed my life.
    While I was in the Bootcamp, I made a lot of friends and everyone including staff are so kind.
    After graduating from the program, NYCDSA still provides the best career support and connection to help every one of us to get a job.
    They really care about every one of the students, and this makes me feel like a home.
    The feeling here is irreplaceable, and this is one of the important things an academy should have.

• Superb experience!
    - 10/24/2019
    Yuce Dincer  User Photo
    Yuce Dincer • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

After spending 9 years in business sales, I wanted to go back to my technical roots and started looking into data science bootcamps that could help me make a career transition. I looked into all the major schools within the data science bootcamps and finally decided to join the NYC Data Science academy thanks to the reviews as well as the comprehensive curriculum.

One thing that I was very satisfied about at the bootcamp was the hands on help that I got whenever I needed it. The entire school staff wants you to succeed and achieve your goals and they do everything they can do make that happen. Can’t thank them enough for having my back in this journey.

As far as job hunting, the academy provides ample material on how to get ready for the job search process from resume reviews to interview prep to bringing employers in the school for interviews. There are always exclusive job postings on the internal website and the school has an incredible network, so it’s always been easy getting introductions to school alumni or key executives from target companies. I ended up receiving 2 offers, and joined a major tech company as a data scientist.

NYCDSA is highly recommended! It is worth the time and the money in gold!

• Oluwole Alowolodu  User Photo
    Oluwole Alowolodu • Data Scientist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I joined NYC Data Science Bootcamp earlier in the year 2019 after careful comparison with other Bootcamps, they appeared to have alot more to offer, and having completed the training now, I have no regrets. Excellent curriculum, knowledgeable instructors and helpful job assistance structure.

• Jimmy Jing  User Photo
    Jimmy Jing • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

This bootcamp has comprehensive materials and structures its bootcamp with a 3 hour lecture each morning followed by a 1-2 hour afternoon lab/mini lecture. The pace is extremely fast (We only spent a few hours going over Logistic Regression) and I recommend all students to put in as much work as possible outside of school to maxmize the value of the bootcamp. NYC DSA has a solid environment for learning but MOST of the learning comes from the student putting in effort. It is extremely easy to simply attend the bootcamp and leave with a very bare surface level understanding of numerous topics. I recommend going over lecture notes each night and previewing lectures (watching the full 3 hour video(maybe at 2x speed)) the night before to have a basic understanding to ask questions during class. There is probably nothing more beneficial than previewing the lecture before attending imo. The bootcamp value is exactly what you put into it.

• Priya Srivastava  User Photo
    Priya Srivastava • Senior Cloud Data Engineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

NYC Data Science Academy is the place where you would learn the niche skill sets required to excel as a Data Scientist or Data Engineer in a friendly environment. This is one of the best investment I have done in my career. Having said that, be ready to learn a lot in just 12 weeks of time. It is an intensive course and you learn proportional to the effort you put. Their pre-work was really helpful in transitioning into the Bootcamp. So I would suggest anyone to definitely do the pre-work before entering the Bootcamp and do the homework during the Bootcamp; they give you a good hands on exposure to what was covered during the lectures. I did four projects which were very rewarding as well. I got to talk about my hands on experience gained doing the projects in the interviews. The instructors and Vivian, the CTO of the academy were very approachable. I felt like family here. They provide a good Resume and interview prep  support. I must mention I was praised on my resume during the interviews and I had a good ratio of interview calls per application. I landed my dream job in just 2 months post completion of the Bootcamp. I you are ready to learn and put effort, you will find plethora of material, guidance and support here. I have had a positive experience at NYC Data Science Academy . I learned, made friends, networked and progressed in my career.

• Heather Kleypas  User Photo
    Heather Kleypas • Growth Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

NYCDSA was referred to me by professionals in the industry. I chose the remote bootcamp and learned a vast amount of topics including SQL, R, Python, and Hadoop & Spark. During my studies, I published 4 blog posts of project work ranging from a visual analysis of the American Music Awards to predicting housing prices. I had an assigned TA who I met with weekly to discuss my courses and homework, which was very helpful. Interview prep was also a great asset to the program. Upon graduating I received a grad package with a NY State Board of Education certificate included. I received a job offer within a month of graduating as a Growth Analyst.

• Sean Justice  User Photo
    Sean Justice • Data Scientist • Verified via LinkedIn

After working as a computer engineer for 11 years, I decided to pursue a career change in to data science. I looked at a number of different programs available across the country, and I ended up deciding to go with the NYC Data Science 12 week intensive program. One of the largest advantages that program had over others is that they teach both Python and R. I think that both languages have their place in data science, but the biggest benefit from learning both is that the core elements of the program were first introduced in one language and were later reinforced in the other language. I found this to be especially helpful for creating a solid foundation during the machine learning portion of the course.

The program was very demanding, but it was definitely the type of experience where you get what you put in. The instructors and the TAs were all incredibly helpful and responsive whenever I had difficulties with the projects or understanding any of the course materials.

The job assistance resources that the program provided were incredibly valuable, from special sessions that were targeted at helping us create a great resume to a hiring event with a large number of prospective companies. The outreach from the school didn’t end once the program was finished, and they were a very valuable resource while I was searching for employment in my new field.

I would say that overall the program was a great experience, and I am very happy that I decided on attending the NYC Data Science Academy.

• Matthew Rautionmaa  User Photo
    Matthew Rautionmaa • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Attending NYCDSA was an incredible experience that allowed me to pivot my career from traditional finance into Data Science and land me a great job with a well-improved salary soon after graduation. I chose it over other bootcamps in NYC because it taught both R and Python, had a strong alumni network, and had a collaborate and family-like environment that made every day enjoyable.

Be prepared to work very hard and learn a lot in a short amount of time. The curriculum is intense, covers all major areas of data science and teaches you the most up-to-date tools in data analysis, stats, coding and machine learning. I knew only basic SQL and stats before this so it was very challenging for me to learn more advanced stats, Python, R and machine learning in just 3 months. That being said, I typically stayed at the bootcamp 10 hours a day and often 12-14 hours during projects, which helped me learn faster. The TA’s and instructors were always available to provide assistance which aided in the learning process as well.

Because I spent so much time at the bootcamp around like-minded individuals, I became good friends with many people in my cohort, many of which I still keep in touch with post-graduation. Collaborating on group projects, helping each other with homework, happy hours, and late nights made the experience a lot of fun and made the learning easier.

Overall, you get what you put into it. Even as one of the least experienced in my cohort, I was able to keep up and become proficient in coding R, Python, SQL, and build a strong portfolio with practical experience in machine learning by putting in the time. The job assistance prepared me as well as it could have and helped tremendously in getting me more interviews, and performing to the best of my ability during interview behavioral questions, whiteboarding and case studies. I highly recommend this program to anyone looking to get into data science or improve their data science skills.

• Yadi Li  User Photo
    Yadi Li • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I have a Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry, and was looking for a career change before coming to NYCDSA. A friend of mine who had finished the bootcamp and got his Data Scientist job shortly after introduced me to the bootcamp.

The program was quite intense and comprehensive. The course materials are well prepared and presented. As someone who didn't have much prior coding experience, I was able to absorbing pretty much everything without any problem. Out of the bootcamp, I felt very confident about my technical skills and understanding of data science.

The job assistance from NYCDSA was valuable for me. They had sessions during the program to prepare resume and workshops for graduates to prepare for interviews. More importantly, their hiring event and referrals helped me to get interviews so that I can show the skills I have gained from the bootcamp. In fact, I got my job through their referral.

Overall, it was a great experience for me. If you are motivated, interested in data science and willing to put in your effort, the bootcamp will be a rewarding journey for you.

• Christina  User Photo
    Christina • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I was glad that I took the bootcamp in NYC Data Science Academy where I started my journey in data science. I had some experience in data analytics before coming to the bootcamp and I really want to learn more about machine learning and algorithm. The bootcamp does a great job in offering the intro to ML, Deep learning etc and I really appreciate the way in which we worked as a group to finish our ML and capstone projects. It is intensive but it's definitely rewarding if you put all your efforts in. The instrutors and TAs are helpful in guiding us with homework and projects. I also made friends with some bootcamp alumni who are both supportive and wholesome. I finally decided to do a master degree in Data Science and the experience in bootcamp contributes a lot in my application. They also connected me to previous graduate who was able to refer me for internship opportunities. If there is one thing that the bootcamp could improve, it would be that the instructors don't have much experience working in the industry before they become the faculty. It would be more helpful if they know the industry expectation and how to tailor the curriculum to the industry demand. In all, I really recommend this bootcamp!

• Gabrielle White  User Photo
    Gabrielle White • Sr. Product Manager, Data and Analytics • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I took the Python Data Analysis course and found it very well structured and useful. My instructor Anthony Schultz did a great job covering both theoretical and concrete concepts all the while with a sense of humor and funny analogies.

I'm leaving the five weeks feeling that I have a solid foundation of the basics of python and how it can be applied for data analytics and task automation.