correlation-one-logo

Correlation One

Correlation One

Correlation One offers a part-time, live online Data Science For All bootcamp taught by instructors from universities, such as Harvard, Columbia, and MIT. Bootcamp classes are taught on Saturdays from 10 am to 8 pm. The total weekly time commitment, including out of class work, is approximately 15 hours. Data Science For All students will work in small teams on projects to solve real world data and AI challenges. Students will create a project to showcase their skills to potential employers.

Admission to the Data Science For All bootcamp is merit-based, competitive, and offered only to traditionally underrepresented students and working professionals. No prior technical knowledge is required. Accommodations are available for deaf and hard of hearing participants. Applicants will be asked to complete a technical assessment designed to measure problem solving skills. This will be followed by an interview.

Data Science For All bootcamp students will be connected to a network of professional mentors from partner organizations and will also receive career coaching and access to job opportunities from bootcamp partners.

Data Science for All bootcamp tuition is free for all accepted students. Data Science for All bootcamp graduates will receive a signed certificate from Correlation One that can be displayed on professional sites such as LinkedIn.

Recent Correlation One Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (420) reviews for Correlation One →

Recent Correlation One News

Read all (4) articles about Correlation One →
  • Data Science for All / Colombia

DS4A / Colombia is revolutionizing Colombia's data talent landscape. Backed by Colombia’s Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications (MinTIC), the program has trained thousands of Colombian Fellows from across the country. These graduates have used their world-class data science skills in roles at companies, government agencies, and their own startups. The curriculum is designed for practical impact: it is case-based, to impart real skills, not theory. Fellows complete projects based on actual issues -- from education to healthcare to criminal justice -- leveraging real data sets. The Instructor staff is a team of global experts, including faculty from universities like Harvard and MIT. The program is fully integrated with Colombian employers, who hire graduates.
    DS4A Fellowships are fully funded by the Colombian Government / MinTIC
  • Data Science For All / Empowerment

13-week Live Online data analytics + jobs program, built to train Fellows to become data-fluent and access high-quality jobs. The course is entirely free for Fellows, supported by generous contributions from Employer Partners. Curriculum is case-based, designed with input from PhDs & industry experts, to impart practical skills, not theory. The Instructor staff includes faculty from Harvard University, MIT, and other top universities. A low Fellow-Instructor ratio promotes collaborative learning. Classes are Saturdays only, fitting busy schedules. Fellows work with teams of peers to solve real data problems on issues from business to healthcare to criminal justice. DS4A / Empowerment is not just a training program. We know it takes more than knowledge to succeed in the data economy. Career development resources, including our Career Fairs and one-on-one Mentor relationships, give candidates access to top jobs. All graduates also gain access to the C1 Connect platform. Open to underrepresented candidates of all professional backgrounds, with no prerequisites.
    DS4A / Empowerment Fellowships are fully funded by our Employer Partners
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior technical knowledge or perquisites are required
    Prep WorkCandidates do not need to prepare for the application. Admitted applicants can enroll in an optional pre-course refresher on coding.
  • Data Science for All / LatAm

DS4A / Latin America (LatAm) is a Program to train the top talent in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico in data science. Fellows in the program are selected from a competitive application, and complete a 13-week intensive training program, led by Lead Instructors from Harvard University and MIT. Training consists of practical cases in data, imparting useable skills. The program was sponsored by SoftBank and its portfolio companies in the region, including Uber, Loggi, WeWork, and many more. Graduates create projects on real business and social-impact issues, and received certification for completion.
  • Data Science for All / Women

The Rising Women program is designed to meaningfully increase the number of qualified women leaders in data analysis, product management, business intelligence, marketing, people analytics, and other data-related technical fields.The training will focus on core data analytics skills required to perform well as leaders in these roles. In addition, the program gives Fellows access to a diverse network of professional mentors career coaching job opportunities and a community which will provide ongoing support to help them advance in their career. Graduates gain access to C1 Connect Jobs platform and certification. Open to all candidates with 5+ years of experience in data roles.
    DS4A Fellowships are fully funded by our Employer Partners
  • Biniam Shimelis  User Photo
    Biniam Shimelis • Intern Data Analyst • Verified via LinkedIn
    I don't know where to start. Even though I am a Master's student in Analytics it was extremely difficult for me to secure an internship let alone a full-time entry role. Honestly, I have applied for more than 1000 entry-level and internship opportunities and was not even selected for an interview before DS4A. My story got changed after I joined the DS4A program which helped me learn the most important skills in the data science market, to do multiple portfolio projects that I showed cased during my interviews, to curate my resume in a way employers are motivated to invite me for interviews, to have confidence on myself and most importantly to network with amazing people who looks like me.  Folks, this is not just a Bootcamp, it's a community where everyone is valued, respected, heard, and loved! Thank you DS4A for helping me secure a fully remote paid internship even before I completed the program which is going to be a full-time position after 3 months of the internship period. I am still getting flooded with interview requests because of the portfolio projects I have done with the skills I gathered from the program! Good luck to everyone in the program!!
  • DS4A 4.0
    - 4/29/2021
    Diana Katherine Pedraza  User Photo
    Diana Katherine Pedraza • Security ngineer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    In my experience, DS4A strengthened and generated a lot of growth of my previous knowledge in Data Science. The TAs provide constant support for the development of the curriculum and the practice of the weekly exercises. Definitely, this course opened my doors to the data science job market and I am very grateful for it.
  • Juliana Bernal  User Photo
    Juliana Bernal • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    DS4A gave me all the tools to star from zero in the Data Science world. The teachers, the curriculum, the hands-on and the networking perfectly fit to make you love this field.  The course was from September to November of 2020, and all the online dynamic was very well orchestrated by the Correlation-One team. Thanks to all the support from the T.As, the teachers and the classmates, I managed to finally find my passion in life. This course was a real life changer.
  • DS4A
    - 4/26/2021
    David  User Photo
    David • Data analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I attended DS4A from may to august on 2020. It was an amazing experience. It's not only that instructors have profound foundations on the technical concepts and its applications, or the passion for teaching they have; but also each class is design to help you understand from practice very useful concepts in analytics (that, at least in my case, I've used everyday from then).

Sure, sometimes the bootcamp might be demanding. But all those difficulties are rewarded. And all of that without even taking into account the network of other graduates, with whom you could expand further what have been learnt, or with whom you could find new opportunities to apply the new knowledge.
  • Santiago Lopez  User Photo
    Santiago Lopez • Chief Data Officer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     I attented DS4A Colombia May-August 2020. The experience and learning were exceptional. All courses were 100% hands-on as they were done interactively in a jupyter notebook and we had workshops every week to reinforce each course. The teachers are real experts on the field, more often than not focused on teaching the concepts for correctly doing data science over the code itself.
    Amazing experience, great course.
  • Alejandro Huertas  User Photo
    Alejandro Huertas • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This was an amazing introductory experience for DS. The course and the professor help to take off the veil of "mysticism" around data exploration and explotation. Really inspiring and motivating if you have interest in a DS career.
  • DS4A Colombia
    - 4/7/2021
    Nicolás Duque  User Photo
    Nicolás Duque • SAP Academy Data Management Specialist • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Amazing experience and working environment. I have received all knowledge and step by step guidance of our Harvard instructor Natesh Pillai. This course covers from the most basic concepts to the most advanced regarding data science.
  • Vanessa Johnson  User Photo
    Vanessa Johnson • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Very positive. I spent several weeks surrounded by incredibly smart, talented, kind & generous peers. Specific to my experience of being a mid-career professional, I really enjoyed the opportunity to be around a lot of young professionals for mutual mentorship. I found that I had a lot to offer by way to my life experience, and I gained a lot from the young professionals in return!

It's a demanding program -- and depending on your skill level at the time of acceptance-- you may need to put in a significant amount of effort and work to see success. Try to be honest with yourself about whether or not you have the free time in your life at the moment to devote to reskilling. Depending on the week, I was devoting 30+hours to DS4A work (either study, extended cases, or working on my group project) outside of the Saturdays. Not every week was so intense, but some were.

Knowledgeable, patient, kind, encouraging, compassionate --all the things needed to help a student succeed.

While new to data science, I have a background in instructional design (both K-12 and adult learning). The design of this program is strong with particular attention to the extended cases which I would call brilliantly done. The material spirals and builds. I can absolutely see the scaffolding. It's really nice that lectures are recorded and I have gone back and reviewed them.

If you do not have a background in data science or programming (this was me), the curriculum will likely be very demanding and at times frustrating. You don't have to get through it alone - there's lots of people to help you - but there is some degree of suffering required and this is a very natural and normal part of the learning process. Particularly if you are midcareer and have been successful in the past, this might be the first time in a very long time when you experience failure over and over again - that's a normal and expected part of this.  I would recommend going into this understanding it will be difficult, you may be confused a lot, you may question yourself/your skills/your abilities and need to curb the temptation to compare yourself and your journey to others. You will have to dig deep, commit to the process, and ask for help.  You'll get through it.

I think this depends on what you expect job assistance to look like. If you are looking for significant help here - like resume review sessions, interview coaching, or something that looks and feels like an actual, formally structured program /curriculum around job seeking and job placement, etc. --this was not provided to the first cohort. Maybe they'll have that in the future I'm not sure. You should inquire about what's available to you at the time of your admittance.

What was included in my experience was a jobs board on airtable and  employer information sessions where reps from various employers would give presentations during weekday evenings. Depending on your time zone, it might be in the middle of the day or later evening for you. That's the thing about this program that's cool and also challenging is its a national program PST to EST so there isn't going to be a perfect time things take place.

It's very personal whether or not you'll find that match with an employer partner.  There are so many factors, so I won't be able to comment about the likelihood of your being able to do that. I can, however, try to explain what some of those factors might be. Some factors that can influence finding a match between the employer partners, a role, and you: where you live, if you are flexible to relocate,  if you want a remote vs office job, your educational background, industry interests, personal values.

I was unable to relocate for a position and was a bit picker in what I was looking for (people analytics) because I wanted to build on the career I established in people operations/HR. I also don't have an advanced degree, so I spent effort myself to find and apply to roles of interest at employers that have cultures and organizational histories most closely aligned to my values. Ultimately, I did not find a role at an employer partner for this very first position after the program. But, my experience may not be yours. You might be interested in the employer partners and find a match with them.  That said, I think you would benefit from taking your job search into your own hands and especially if you are mid-career leveraging your existing network and expanding your network through the people you can meet in this program.

While more indirect, one of the best things coming out of this program related to job assistance was my group project & the group project deliverables. It's perhaps unexpected to list that or talk about that as a job assistance offering rather than as part of the curriculum but the project deliverables were CLUTCH for my job search specifically.

• Juan José Toro Castrillón  User Photo
    Juan José Toro Castrillón • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    DS4A Colombia was a 13 week (in it's first edition) formation course. It covers several topics from exploratory data analysis, relational DB,  feature engineering, regression interpretation,  Dashboard making and deploy and even some introductory notions of Machine Learning. The quality of the course is superb, the material is well designed, the instructor is superb and charismatic, sessions are engaging.
    I highly recommend this course.
  • Juan Fernando López  User Photo
    Juan Fernando López • Digital Transformation Engineer Jr. • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    DS4A Colombia is one of the best academic experiences I've had, not only because of the great professor (Natesh) but also because of all the practical and theoretical experience I've gathered throughout the course. This knowledge have opened a lot of doors for me, in the working area and academics area and have open my mind. I totally recommend every course given by correlation-one and take the most of them.
  • Awesome!
    - 4/5/2021
    Gregory Olivo  User Photo
    Gregory Olivo • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    When I started Correlation One's DS4A Colombia, I was transitioning from a career in Industrial Maintenance, nowadays I have a job as Data Analyst for a Multinational which helps companies in their digital transformation, and a huge part of it was thanks to DS4A. It teaches you the skills on which you build on in order to become attractive in the Data Analytics market, additionally, during the course, you get high quality materials and lectures that make learning not only fruitful, but also enjoyable, which is a great plus. You also face a challenge which is common in the Data Science field such as working in a Project for a company, which basically renders you fit to face the pressure and challenges of the market!
    DS4A is a literally a life changing experience! I successfully transitioned my career thanks to it and now I reap the benefits from it!
  • DS4A Colombia
    - 4/5/2021
    Juan Molina  User Photo
    Juan Molina • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
     A course with all the necessary knowledge to learn about data science. The course was very productive and participatory with the teachers and classmates in the development of the classwork and the final work. An excellent experience that combines theory and practice to solve real problems. There was excellent support from the assistants to achieve a better understanding of the concepts seen in class and how to approach the work. A great academic and professional experience!