correlation-one-logo

Correlation One

Correlation One

Correlation One offers a part-time, live online Data Science For All bootcamp taught by instructors from universities, such as Harvard, Columbia, and MIT. Bootcamp classes are taught on Saturdays from 10 am to 8 pm. The total weekly time commitment, including out of class work, is approximately 15 hours. Data Science For All students will work in small teams on projects to solve real world data and AI challenges. Students will create a project to showcase their skills to potential employers.

Admission to the Data Science For All bootcamp is merit-based, competitive, and offered only to traditionally underrepresented students and working professionals. No prior technical knowledge is required. Accommodations are available for deaf and hard of hearing participants. Applicants will be asked to complete a technical assessment designed to measure problem solving skills. This will be followed by an interview.

Data Science For All bootcamp students will be connected to a network of professional mentors from partner organizations and will also receive career coaching and access to job opportunities from bootcamp partners.

Data Science for All bootcamp tuition is free for all accepted students. Data Science for All bootcamp graduates will receive a signed certificate from Correlation One that can be displayed on professional sites such as LinkedIn.

Recent Correlation One Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (420) reviews for Correlation One →

Recent Correlation One News

Read all (4) articles about Correlation One →
  • Data Science for All / Colombia

DS4A / Colombia is revolutionizing Colombia's data talent landscape. Backed by Colombia’s Ministry of Information Technologies and Communications (MinTIC), the program has trained thousands of Colombian Fellows from across the country. These graduates have used their world-class data science skills in roles at companies, government agencies, and their own startups. The curriculum is designed for practical impact: it is case-based, to impart real skills, not theory. Fellows complete projects based on actual issues -- from education to healthcare to criminal justice -- leveraging real data sets. The Instructor staff is a team of global experts, including faculty from universities like Harvard and MIT. The program is fully integrated with Colombian employers, who hire graduates.
    DS4A Fellowships are fully funded by the Colombian Government / MinTIC
  • Data Science For All / Empowerment

13-week Live Online data analytics + jobs program, built to train Fellows to become data-fluent and access high-quality jobs. The course is entirely free for Fellows, supported by generous contributions from Employer Partners. Curriculum is case-based, designed with input from PhDs & industry experts, to impart practical skills, not theory. The Instructor staff includes faculty from Harvard University, MIT, and other top universities. A low Fellow-Instructor ratio promotes collaborative learning. Classes are Saturdays only, fitting busy schedules. Fellows work with teams of peers to solve real data problems on issues from business to healthcare to criminal justice. DS4A / Empowerment is not just a training program. We know it takes more than knowledge to succeed in the data economy. Career development resources, including our Career Fairs and one-on-one Mentor relationships, give candidates access to top jobs. All graduates also gain access to the C1 Connect platform. Open to underrepresented candidates of all professional backgrounds, with no prerequisites.
    DS4A / Empowerment Fellowships are fully funded by our Employer Partners
    Minimum Skill LevelNo prior technical knowledge or perquisites are required
    Prep WorkCandidates do not need to prepare for the application. Admitted applicants can enroll in an optional pre-course refresher on coding.
  • Data Science for All / LatAm

DS4A / Latin America (LatAm) is a Program to train the top talent in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, and Mexico in data science. Fellows in the program are selected from a competitive application, and complete a 13-week intensive training program, led by Lead Instructors from Harvard University and MIT. Training consists of practical cases in data, imparting useable skills. The program was sponsored by SoftBank and its portfolio companies in the region, including Uber, Loggi, WeWork, and many more. Graduates create projects on real business and social-impact issues, and received certification for completion.
  • Data Science for All / Women

The Rising Women program is designed to meaningfully increase the number of qualified women leaders in data analysis, product management, business intelligence, marketing, people analytics, and other data-related technical fields.The training will focus on core data analytics skills required to perform well as leaders in these roles. In addition, the program gives Fellows access to a diverse network of professional mentors career coaching job opportunities and a community which will provide ongoing support to help them advance in their career. Graduates gain access to C1 Connect Jobs platform and certification. Open to all candidates with 5+ years of experience in data roles.
    DS4A Fellowships are fully funded by our Employer Partners
  • Sule Sidigu  User Photo
    Sule Sidigu • Applicant Verified via GitHub
    I had the honor of attending the Data Science for All / Empowerment (DS4A) program hosted by Correlation One. In it, individuals from underrepresented groups learned data science skills to apply to their careers. I appreciate that this program went beyond the standard boot-camp. We were assigned teaching assistants, meaning I had two data science professionals who answered my questions throughout the program. Additionally, I was mentored by two leaders in the tech field. Correlation One also hosts speakers who share their wisdom, career journeys, and answer and advice students and others who attend the sessions. As a result, I've been able to meet and learn from these individuals as well.
    One thing I appreciate about my DS4A experience is that people from all walks of life were included. Young, old, women, men, etc. I really liked that there was no ageism in the program. Since completing DS4A, many of us stay in touch and continue to share advice and resources. As data science is a field that is constantly changing, we are still learning and growing together!
  • Michael Soto  User Photo
    Michael Soto • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    - Excellent lectures and guest speakers from top universities and companies
    - students ("fellows") are part of a large cohort so a great network to tap into
    - smaller TA groups makes it easy to get help and 1on1 support
    - project work makes it easy to get to know your team and gives you an opportunity apply your learnings to a real world challenge of your choice
  • Highly Recommend!
    - 10/2/2021
    Jemar Souza  User Photo
    Jemar Souza • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I mostly enjoyed the DS4A Empowerment program and personally recommended it to people in my network who I think would also benefit from it. One thing I liked a lot about DS4A is how they split the lessons into separate theory and coding portions. Data Science is not all about coding but I get the sense that most programs focus on coding without giving enough time to explain the fundamentals of understanding data and the best ways to analyze it. DS4A was not one of those programs.

Some things to be prepared for is that since the program is still relatively new: it feels like they're still working on streamlining their application and other administrative processes. So sometimes you can get lost trying to determine when exactly what is due when, etc. Hopefully by the time you're applying or already in the program, that feedback will no longer be relevant, which I'm confident will be the case based on how much they ask for feedback and quickly implement changes. Another thing is that like most school programs, who is in your project group can greatly impact your experience. Luckily, I had an amazing, supportive team that made the program a rewarding experience and I hope you'll have one, too.

I could tell that DS4A also puts a lot of effort into their job and career assistance programs. However, when I joined the program, my focus wasn't on getting a new job, so I didn't participate in all of those related workshops and speaker series. So I shouldn't rate the quality of that aspect.
  • Hessam Yazdani  User Photo
    Hessam Yazdani • Professor • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    The mission of C1 and its DS4A program is unique and will make an impact on the diversity of the DS field. The program includes subprograms; Prefoundational Python and Data Science. The program is very competitive. The quality and pace of the lectures, the expertise that the instructors and TAs offered, and the professional development and networking and career opportunities that C1 provided at NO COST to the participants were all excellent.
  • Ashley Blount  User Photo
    Ashley Blount • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    Before joining the DS4A / Empowerment community, I did not fully understand the depth of how data science, machine learning, and business concepts are used across various fields and industries. I also had no coding experience. Needless to say, I was met with a major learning curve, and I was skeptical of how I could progress through the curriculum. Yet, from the very beginning, I was included and felt a sense of belonging. Fellows were given numerous avenues of support, and we were encouraged to learn and seek out support in order to succeed. I never felt belittled or that there was a question that could not be asked. There were also community groups and virtual social events where you could meet with people from similar backgrounds (and MANY different backgrounds were represented!). Keeping an open mind, I leaned in and took a chance on my growth: spending time studying and reviewing materials; joining informal study sessions outside of lectures; and being inspired to pursue what seemed impossible only a few months before. Instructors encouraged us whenever we met hurdles and peers supported one another in sharing resources (and their time!) to work through challenges. For a complete beginner to data science, this program challenged me to create a new narrative around the biases and assumptions I had created in working with data and working with others. We also had amazing opportunities to know how to apply for future opportunities, whether job-related or continuing education, through career development workshops. It is one thing to have acquired these skills and yet another to know how to navigate them in the real world. Career development was very informative, and once again, you will understand your influence in the opportunities that are available.

I highly recommend this program, especially if you are in a position where you would like to attain data skills and do not have the financial means or support to do so. You will get as much out of the program as you put into it. I must strongly emphasize that the program requires consistent commitment, especially if you are a beginner. If you do not stay committed to learning and participating, it is very easy to get overwhelmed and fall behind. You may also be tempted to not ask questions or reach out for help. This may require vulnerability and perhaps discomfort for those with a solitary learning style, yet you will excel personally and professionally if you make sure you set time to review and seek support. Do not underestimate the power of community and how many people are willing to help and support you. This behavior was exceptionally evident. We were provided the long-term view of the influence of our late nights and Saturday sessions. We were not only learning new skills but becoming change agents for a world that desperately needs all voices represented in our work, to mitigate the bias and stigma that can be attributed to a lack of diverse voices and leaders. Although the program is free, the value is instilled in the process on knowing how to work within a team; how to cultivate leadership; how to troubleshoot when you can not find a solution; how to give grace to oneself when you feel defeated; how to use critical thinking when working through a business case or problem; and how to give back to others who are going along with you on the journey. Take a chance on your growth through this program, wherever you are. You will be included, encouraged, and supported.

• Was amazing!!!!
    - 9/29/2021
    César Ceja  User Photo
    César Ceja • Sr manager Operational Intelligence • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

The learning of simple and powerful tools with Python, sql and EXCEL was amazing, the teachers kind and experts on the subject
  • Tiara Conley  User Photo
    Tiara Conley • Engineering Program Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I recently graduated from Correlation One's Data Science 4 All program as part of their second cohort. I didn't know what to expect going in, but I knew it would be very beneficial to become well-verses in data analysis. Correlation One gave me more than I could have bargained for with not only very knowledgable professors and TA's teaching us in-demand skills, but also building a community of peers — a network of some of the most talented and driven people I've seen — that I can stay connected with through the long-term.

I've been recommending this program to everyone because outside of your time and effort, there's nothing else this program requires. It's free and accessible for all

Since joining this program I not only acquired foundational skills in data science, but I also got a new job and doubled my salary. Don't wonder when the time is right to pivot in your career; make the moves to get you to your goals.
  • Justin Rodriguez  User Photo
    Justin Rodriguez • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    This program was fantastic. It had theoretical and practical teachings and mixed in professional development and career exploration opportunities. If you come in with no Python experience, this will be a huge learning curve for you to overcome. I took one course and actually struggled initially. It's hard to get a gauge of whether the content was difficult to master or that I did not put enough time into my learning, however I do think if they provided readings or supplementary practice for the code that we learned, it would've been easier for students to follow along in class and not fall behind.

Something I did not like was the lack of guidance for the final project and the very small offering of entry level roles through sponsor partnerships. It was expected that people with no data science, and sometimes no business or research background, take a data set and produce something useful. All we had was a mentor to give us guidance once a month and then a TA (who has a full time job as well) to support 20 groups. I think the idea was great but the execution not so much. Secondly, many of the job postings that they had on the website were like mid level and higher positions. Makes me wonder if theres a mismatch in the needs of organizations and training provided, or if more of the students accepted into this program actually already had substantial experience in data science.
  • Review
    - 9/22/2021
    Adewale Adeyemo  User Photo
    Adewale Adeyemo • Graduate Research Assistant- Machine/Deep Learning • Verified via LinkedIn
    At DS4A, I received the most thorough training. The instructors are enthusiastic, and the classes are well-taught. I would recommend this bootcamp to anyone looking to advance their career or change roles.
  • Mike Martin  User Photo
    Mike Martin • Product Manager • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    My experience in the Correlation-One DS4A/Empowerment training fellowship was amazing. To give context on my background, I have two graduate degrees and attended two universities that are consistently ranked in the top-5 university programs in the world. I also have several years of management experience at Fortune-100 companies and despite these credentials, I have found it near impossible to find work in the technology sector. Part of the reason (I believe) is that technology firms are historically underrepresented by BIPOC/LBGTQ+/Veterans/Women. In fact, this is the problem Correlation-One aims to solve. The other reason for not finding meaningful work in the technology sector was my lack of data analytic skills. I have always been a consumer of analytics --BUT-- I was never a producer of data or analytics. And while some professionals may never need to be data producers (i.e., someone that captures, wangles, and publishes meaningful data insights), Correlation-One believes that for the aforementioned underrepresented groups this is a critical skillset needed to get into tech-forward companies and excel at those companies. I agree.

The genius behind this data science training is that you, the learner, will never have to rely on just one vocational sector. Data science and analytics impacts just about everything, from healthcare to equity trading to solving the COVID-19 crisis. And the best part about attaining this knowledge is that you can use these skills for the rest of your life. You can work for a company. You can become a consultant. You can do one-off, ad-hoc projects. There is literally no limit to what you can do once you become a data scientist or analyst. As for me, simply mentioning on my LinkedIn profile that I was accepted into the DS4A program generated a lot of conversations with recruiters from top-tier, household name technology companies... before I even matriculated from the program! That is the opportunity that comes with being a fellow in the Correlation-One program.

About the program: You do not need to know how to code prior to admission. You will go through a pre-foundational Python course (that you must complete successfully) prior to moving to the focus of the program, data analytics. During the pre-foundational Python program the instructors literally lead you by the hand to make sure you understand what you are learning. They want you to succeed. I have been a part of "weed-out" academic programs and this is not one of them. This is an "all-in" program where everyone from the co-founders to the TA's to the mentors want you to succeed. That said, some of my peers did not make it out of the pre-foundational tier, possibly due to other priorities or being overwhelmed. I do not know why some did not move forward to the second tier of the program but I would argue that it has nothing to do with "smarts." The admission rate is less than 5% so all that were admitted have the skills to succeed.

The second tier of the program is where the magic happens. You learn so much in the first couple of weeks (data cleaning, data wrangling, analysis and interpretation, visualizations, etc...) and it is extremely satisfying. You work on real-world problems and the skills you learn can be applied immediately. All of this learning is ultimately displayed in a team project that you will submit toward the end of the program. You will apply everything you've learned in a project of your team's choosing and you will present it to your class section. But, the course is not just all code and analytics. There's music! Lot's of good music. And there are speakers from industry to talk to you and will connect with you on social media. As I mentioned previously, everyone associated with Correlation-One (partners, speakers, mentors, lecturers, staff) from soup-to-nuts *wants* to see you succeed in this program. In fact, the partners are paying for your education --and-- will offer you employment if your skills and professional background fits their needs.

So, what is my negative feedback? None. I have been fortunate to attend some of the best universities in the world and I can honestly say that DS4A has been my best academic experience. I even shock myself when I say that but it's true. Prior to being admitted to DS4A, I researched other data science programs but for some of those programs cost was a barrier and for other programs the quality of the curriculum was questionable. Correlation-One is a fully, vertically integrated training fellowship and the team has thought of everything; they teach you the fundamentals, they take a deep dive into data science and analytics, they have their own job portal for graduates with jobs from the underwriters of the program, you keep the learning materials forever, you have access to the recorded lectures forever, you build a strong cohort of like-minded data scientist in every vertical imaginable, you obtain a verified certificate upon graduation, and they keep in touch with you even after you've completed the course. There are many more benefits but I am running out of space to write.

Bottom line, I was blown away with what is offered to fellows of Correlation-One and it is my belief that no other data science program can match their offering. I am so happy that I found Correlation-One and applied. And I am even happier that they have accepted me into their community.
  • Sorelys Sandoval  User Photo
    Sorelys Sandoval • Python Dev • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    It is fairly intense, especially if you don't have a programming background. However, they offer a free pre-course for Python if your results indicate you should improve that.
    I loved that there was a big focus on business insights not forgetting the technical part (mainly with pandas and SQL). I think they have a really clear vision of what the market is asking for a Data Scientist and that's what you'll get in this course!. Besides, you'll be working and learning with people of diverse ages, ethnicities, nationalities, educational/professional backgrounds, etc. Plus a really inclusive and friendly environment with the best music within sessions B)
  • DS4A review
    - 9/21/2021
    Andualem  User Photo
    Andualem • Cloud Engineer, Registered Nurse • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I feel extremely lucky to part of the family of this world class organizion,  as a Data Science student. Throughout my stay with DS4A, I have acquired highly demanded skills and knowlege in the in ever growing Data Science field. The abundance of resources I gained from their world class instructors, mentors, TA's  and classmates was beyong what I have ever emagined. It's just a great blessing to be around with people with endless generosity and willingness to help.  I hope eveyone that's keen to learn gets the valuable opportunity to be part of these wondeful project.