CodingNomads offers 10-week, full-time Java and Python bootcamps in travel destinations like Bali, as well as online self-paced coding bootcamps. CodingNomads helps students learn critical tech skills like Java, Python, Spring, SQL, Django, AWS, data science, and more. The full-time bootcamps are a combination of onsite and online portions to make them affordable for students around the world. CodingNomads' online programs teach Java and Python fundamentals, as well as foundations in SQL, databases and APIs. Online programs are either self-paced with lifetime access to course material, or students can sign up for mentor support on a monthly or 3-month basis. Students will learn from experts, gain the tools to work from anywhere and create meaningful life memories with their cohorts.
To attend an onsite travel course, students must first complete CodingNomads' online course as a prerequisite and pass a technical interview to ensure they are ready for the course. CodingNomads is aimed at students with all backgrounds.
By hosting international coding bootcamps at coworking spaces in different countries, CodingNomads enables students to invest in their careers while exploring the world. CodingNomads can assist students with affordable accommodation, airport pickups, and transportation needs in destination countries.
Recent CodingNomads Reviews: Rating 4.95
Recent CodingNomads News
- Software Engineering Job Descriptions: Reading Between the Lines
- How to Find Remote Developer Jobs After a Coding Bootcamp
- June 2017 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
- Linux, GitHub, DevOps, Data Engineering, MVC, Algorithms, Data Structures, Git, Java, MySQL, SQL
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week28 Weeks
Deposit N/A FinancingLeif Income Share Agreements available to US citizens. Pay 50% during the course, and the rest after you get a job. Tuition Plans Pay $6950 upfront, or $7500 in 9 installments. Scholarship See http://codingnomads.co/scholarships
Minimum Skill Level No experience is required Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $2,499 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to learn Java for your job, university, or a career change? This part-time 3 month Java + SQL course teaches practical engineering skills that are in-demand in every industry worldwide. Work with mentors and a community who get to know you personally, and care about your progress. Complete on your own schedule with various affordable enrollment options. *This course is the first half of our Java Engineering Career Track. If you’d like to learn Java to become a professional developer, please see the career track.* Start learning Java for free at https://platform.codingnomads.co.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans See our site for enrollment options: https://codingnomads.co/courses/learn-java-online/
Minimum Skill Level No experience is required. This course is ideal for absolute beginners, and/or coders who are new to Java. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $2,499 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to learn Python to build your own projects, become a professional developer, or get into data science? This part-time 3 month course teaches practical engineering skills that can be applied to various industries and job roles. Learn to build scripts and applications with CodingNomads’ fun, project-based curriculum. Work with mentors and a community who get to know you personally, and care about your progress. Complete on your own schedule with various affordable enrollment options. *This course is the first half of our Python Web Development Career Track, as well as our Data Science + ML Career Track.* Start learning Python for free: https://platform.codingnomads.co.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans See our site for enrollment options: https://codingnomads.co/courses/python-bootcamp-online/ Scholarship See https://codingnomads.co/scholarships/
Minimum Skill Level This course starts from scratch and is fit for absolute beginners to coding, and/or coders who are new to Python. Placement Test No Interview No
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week28 Weeks
Deposit N/A FinancingLeif Income Share Agreement for US citizens. Pay 50% during the course, and the rest after you get a job. Tuition Plans Pay $6950 upfront, or $7500 in 9 installments. Scholarship See http://codingnomads.co/scholarships
Minimum Skill Level No experience is required. Placement Test No Interview Yes
41 reviews sorted by:
- I learned to code in a tropical paradise- 5/18/2017Trevor • software engineer (in training) • Graduate • Course: Java + SQL + AWS Bootcamp in Bali • Campus: Bali
So I went to a coding bootcamp…
It was awesome!
CodingNomads delivered on so much more than I thought possible.
Here are the reasons to attend:
-Ryan (the instructor) and Kim (admin and wife) are great people and care about your success.
-Ryan is a real life software engineer with lots of experience, not an intern, not recently graduated. He knows his stuff, and he’s there with you every day.
-You learn Java, SQL, and AWS. These are core technologies that are in demand! Don’t take my word for it, Google it. --> most used programming language, most used database language, most used cloud platform.
-This course is less expensive than most.
-You get to travel to an awesome location with other people that are doing the exact same thing!
-Travelling to a new country (or at least away from where you live) gives you all the opportunity to focus on what you’re there to do.
Other things to note:
-Expect to work hard, programming isn't easy for most
-Learning new things and getting good at them takes time and grit, this applies to the hiring process as well. Expect a challenge
-Travelling is fun, but class takes up a lot of time. If you want to be employable afterwards, keep your priorities in mind.
This isn’t the right place for a life story or the answers to all the questions you most likely have, but I’d be happy to share. CodingNomads has my email and can put you touch. And if you’re interested in a coding bootcamp at all, you should really reach out to Ryan and Kim. They’re super genuine people and will definitely help fill in a lot of the details.
- You won’t regret taking part in the CodingNomads bootcamp. You’ll receive world-class instruction whilst having the time of your life in Bali!- 2/26/2020Anonymous • Data Analyst • Graduate • Course: Python Web Development Career Track • Campus: BaliI took part in the Python Fullstack Web Development course in 2019 which consisted of 8 weeks part time online as well as 4 weeks in-person tuition in Bali.The online part of the course was very informative and useful in allowing you to know the basics of programming before the in-person component. You’re given assignments that you work through at your own pace but have the added advantage of a mentor that you have calls with once per week (they’re also on-hand to help you whenever you have any problems). I’ve always been a self-learner but it was definitely helpful to have a mentor to guide you in the right direction when you get really stuck.The in-person component of the course in Bali was the really outstanding part for me though. The class size was small and the instructor was extremely knowledgeable, having worked several years at a FAANG company. It was a great environment to learn as all the other classmates were really friendly and motivated to learn. We would frequently stay behind after class and help each other out to complete the assignments for the day, which helped me to solidify my knowledge.After the bootcamp I took a few months to continue learning and decide on which area I would like to specialise in. I enjoyed the data side of the course the most and decided to delve more into this area. Whilst this was different to web development there were lots of overlapping concepts. I ended up interviewing and getting a job as a data analyst not long after finishing the course!
- Excellent learning experience that helped me land a software developer position within 2 months of graduation!- 2/12/2020Anonymous • Graduate • Campus: BaliI attended the Bali 2018 Java bootcamp and had a great experience! The instructors — Ryan and Caden — were both friendly and knowledgeable. The material we covered was also highly relevant for the software job market. After attending the course, I was able to find a software developer job in less than two months. It took a lot of effort and self-motivation, but I consider the bootcamp to be a critical factor in successfully landing a job in NYC.
Along with an excellent learning experience, the bootcamp was also a lot of fun. Exploring Bali as a group was a great way to unwind after class and stay motivated to work harder. Taking an intensive course abroad and removing myself from everyday commitments made me even more productive than when I was studying at home.
I highly recommend CodingNomads to anyone that wants to learn real-world skills, but you still have to put in the work yourself. The in-person bootcamp is also great if you want to find a community of like-minded travelers and digital nomads.
- Yes and no feeling- 5/25/2019Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Python Web Development Career Track • Campus: Bali
One word about going to a boot camp, the progress you make is entirely up to you. Overall its students' mindset and "getting it done" attitude is more important.
I'm just reviewing what I felt in the Bali 2019 python course.
Being in part large class, the help was spread thin when it really was difficult. Django part of the course was not well structured.
Reflecting on my experience looking at the content curriculum and what was actually done I would have to say the structure of the course was not completed as stated in the pdf.
Yes, we did get the grasp of the concepts but it was rushed at the end since there was a lack of understanding of the fundamentals, on a group bases. Some students flew passed others.
If you look passed the curriculum the support it was quite it felt quite competitive at the end of the boot camp as time was lacking.
By no means, I am not saying don't go to this boot camp.
I'm reviewing anonymously as this would sound somewhat negative but we did learn heaps and did some interesting coding.
- Fantastic kick-start to my tech career- 5/24/2017Anonymous • Course: Java + SQL + AWS Bootcamp in Bali • Campus: Bali
My experience overall with CodingNomads was great and I'm glad I choose to be a part of the program. I've found this to be a great value for the money. It's about 1/3 of the price of most server-side programs in the US and provides an amazing life experience in addition to the course. Our group was small, so we had significantly better access/attention than otherwise. Also, this is more than just a job for Ryan and Kim - we worked and traveled together constantly, and they've been incredibly supportive of us in and out of the classroom.
I felt that the program had more of a start-up feel than that of an established bootcamp. This allowed the structure to be flexible and accommodate the pace/needs of the group. We also had the opportunity to talk about newer technologies that weren't part of the curriculum and get to know seasoned developers who were also working in the co-working space.
Coding bootcamps are ambitious and a lot of work, and this one is no exception. I think it's best suited for someone who's self-driven, knows what they want to get out of the course, and can speak up when they have questions.