codingnomads-logo

CodingNomads

Bali, Barcelona, Koh Tao, Online, Playa del Carmen, Reno

CodingNomads

CodingNomads offers 10-week, full-time Java and Python bootcamps in travel destinations like Bali, as well as online self-paced coding bootcamps. CodingNomads helps students learn critical tech skills like Java, Python, Spring, SQL, Django, AWS, data science, and more. The full-time bootcamps are a combination of onsite and online portions to make them affordable for students around the world. CodingNomads' online programs teach Java and Python fundamentals, as well as foundations in SQL, databases and APIs. Online programs are either self-paced with lifetime access to course material, or students can sign up for mentor support on a monthly or 3-month basis. Students will learn from experts, gain the tools to work from anywhere and create meaningful life memories with their cohorts.

To attend an onsite travel course, students must first complete CodingNomads' online course as a prerequisite and pass a technical interview to ensure they are ready for the course. CodingNomads is aimed at students with all backgrounds.

By hosting international coding bootcamps at coworking spaces in different countries, CodingNomads enables students to invest in their careers while exploring the world. CodingNomads can assist students with affordable accommodation, airport pickups, and transportation needs in destination countries.

Recent CodingNomads Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (39) reviews for CodingNomads →

Recent CodingNomads News

Read all (5) articles about CodingNomads →
  • Java + JavaScript Fullstack Engineering

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, CSS, React.js, Data Structures, Algorithms, Java, Front End, MVC, SQL
    LocationBali
    Take a break from your routine and immerse yourself in coding paradise at our Java fullstack engineering bootcamp in Bali, Indonesia. See full course details and syllabus at: https://codingnomads.co/courses/java-bootcamp-bali/ Our Java + Spring + SQL + AWS + Js Bootcamp is 18 weeks total: 8 weeks of online prep with unlimited mentor support, 6 weeks in Bali, and 4 more weeks of building projects online. This split online/onsite structure helps us keep our bootcamps affordable and productive, so you get the most value for your money and the best coding bootcamp experience. Want to try before you buy? You can preview our course content for free at platform.codingnomads.co/. Our students tell us that learning abroad allows them to focus better and learn faster than when at home. In Bali you'll be surrounded by a fun and motivated cohort of students from around the world who share your goal of learning to code. Our courses are held at OutPost Coworking Ubud, where you can take breaks in a jungle-side pool and meet other digital nomads. We help with accommodations, travel, scooter rental and everything you need so you can focus on coding. It’s as good as it sounds. Read our student reviews from our previous Bali bootcamps! This program is a head-first dive into fullstack application development. Upon successful completion, you will possess real-world knowledge and experience in Java + JavaScript software engineering so you can build your own projects, and be eligible for thousands of jobs around the world. You will have a firm grasp on the foundations of Java programming and open-source software. You will be able to code – from scratch – server-side, web and mobile applications that interface with databases, APIs and the internet at large. You will be able to deploy production-ready applications at scale using Amazon Web Services (AWS). There are more than 60,000 Entry Level Java Developer jobs *just* on LinkedIn Jobs and *just* in the U.S. We’ll teach you how to locate and secure jobs in software development by also focusing on network development, resume writing and interview preparation. Our schedule is as follows: 8 Weeks Prep course | Online (Part-Time) | Anywhere | Jan. 6 – Feb. 28, 2020 You'll have weekly 1:1 video meetings with your mentor and unlimited additional support to help you finish before Bali. Completion is required so you can get right into the fun stuff onsite. 6 Weeks | On-site (Full Time) | Ubud, Bali | March 6 – April 10, 2020 Full-time Monday – Friday curriculum. Fun travel excursions on the weekends. Learn advanced Java concepts and fullstack engineering with an intro to Js, React, HTML/CSS and more. 4 Weeks | Online (Part-Time) | Anywhere | April 20 – May 15, 2020 Practical application development – real world practice Alongside your cohort, you will work as a distributed software engineering team building real-world projects online. Daily check-ins and code reviews with your instructor. Weekly scrum sessions with entire team. Get started for free by previewing our Java Intensive course at: platform.codingnomads.co/
    Leif Income Share Agreements available to US citizens. Pay 50% during the course, and the rest after you get a job.
    Tuition PlansInstallments over 3-5 months.
    ScholarshipScholarships available to women, military, local Indonesians and more. See http://codingnomads.co/scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience is required, however the online prep work must be completed before being accepted into our onsite programs to ensure students are ready for the technical challenge of our courses.
    Prep Work8+ week prep course included in cost (20+ hours/week). Get started as soon as you enroll for more time to get ahead!
  • Learn Java Online

Need to learn Java online for your job, university, or considering a career change into software engineering? CodingNomads’ online Java + SQL course will turn you into a capable coder using the most widely-used programming language on earth. Our curriculum was built by industry professionals based on real-world engineering tasks that are required for today's jobs.  Despite the demand for Java, only 9% of coding bootcamps teach it, and universities fail to teach practical day-to-day skills. We're proud to help students learn Java online at an affordable price, making learning to code fun and exciting for our students! Our online courses are entirely self-paced with pre-recorded video demonstrations, lab exercises and documentation that you can complete on your own time. Students can either purchase the content alone, or enroll in 1:1 mentorship to move through the course efficiently with dedicated support. We take mentorship very seriously, as we know that this can be the defining factor of your success. Our mentorship team is what sets CodingNomads apart, as we're a small company with mentors who get to know you personally, and care about your progress. --By the end of this course you’ll be able to-- - Read and write complex Java applications - Whiz around the command line interface (CLI) - Manage your projects in Git & GitHub with ease - Model, build and maintain relational databases - Query databases using SQL - Think like a developer with confidence - Learn other languages/techs much easier Start learning Java online for free on our online learning platform: https://platform.codingnomads.co.
    Leif Income Share Agreement available for US citizens. Pay 50% upfront and the rest after you get a job.
    Tuition PlansStart for free at https://platform.codingnomads.co
    Scholarship10% off for women, military and "live the dream"
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience is required. This course is ideal for absolute beginners or those new to Java programming.
  • Learn Python Online

MySQL, Git, Algorithms, REST, SQL, Python
    OnlinePart Time
    Want to learn Python to build your own applications, become a software engineer, or get into data science? CodingNomads’ online Python + SQL + APIs course will teach you to build fully functional web applications using the fastest-growing and most popular programming language. Despite the demand for Python, only 9% of coding bootcamps teach it. We're proud to offer high quality education for Python web development. We make learning to code fun and productive with project-based curriculum, and a team of mentors who care about your success. Our online Python bootcamp consists of 500+ pages of documentation and tutorials, 300+ code samples and lab exercises, 170+ video tutorials and demos, plus access to our members-only forum for posting questions, searching for answers, and connecting with our community. Our online courses are entirely self-paced with pre-recorded video demonstrations, lab exercises and documentation that you can complete on your own time. Students can either purchase the content alone, or enroll in 1:1 mentorship to move through the course efficiently with dedicated support. We take mentorship very seriously, as we know that this can be the defining factor of your success. Our mentorship team is what sets CodingNomads apart, as we're a small company with mentors who get to know you personally, and care about your progress. --By the end of this course you’ll be able to-- - Read and write complex Python algorithms & applications that consume, analyze and store data using APIs and SQL - Whiz around the command line interface (CLI) - Model, build and maintain relational databases - Manage your projects in Git & GitHub with ease - Automate repetitive tasks, and optimize workflows - Think like a developer with confidence --Course Pricing Options-- Free: Get started learning for free on our online learning platform. Content + Forum: Purchase lifetime access to our course content and members-only forum with a one-time payment. Ideal for students who prefer self-paced learning with no time commitments. Dedicated Mentor Support: Get unlimited mentor support through 1:1 video calls, Slack and forum. Ideal for students who want to learn quickly and efficiently. See website for pricing on 1 month, 2 month and 3 month mentor support options. Onsite Discounts: If you sign up to continue learning at one of our traveling coding bootcamps, we’ll give you a discount on tuition.
    Tuition PlansStart for free at https://platform.codingnomads.co
    Scholarship10% off for women, military and "live the dream"
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course starts from scratch and is fit for absolute beginners to programming, and/or coders who are new to Python.
  • Python Fullstack web development

MySQL, HTML, Git, CSS, Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL, Python
    LocationBali
    Currently all of our travel courses are on hold due to COVID-19. Our online programs are prerequisites for our onsite programs, so students may start the online prep work while we monitor the global travel situation. Please check our site for updates. Learn to code while traveling the world at CodingNomads’ Python + JavaScript bootcamp - the most fun and rewarding way to learn to code. Our Python bootcamp is 5 weeks in Bali + 10 weeks online, so you can keep your education costs down while living it up in Bali. It includes 6 weeks of fully-mentored online prep (part-time), 5 weeks of full-time class in Bali, and 4 weeks of online project building with your cohort (part-to-full-time). If you're ready to work hard, push your personal limits, and learn today's most valuable engineering skills, come experience the world and change your life for the better. Our students go on to become software engineers, data engineers, project managers, product owners, entrepreneurs and more, while also making new friendships, gaining life experiences, and getting inspired to live life to the absolute fullest. We help with housing, travel, and all other logistics to make it easy for you to come, learn to code, and have the time of your life. Our Python bootcamp teaches you to think like a developer, providing the tools and resources you need to start building sophisticated web applications fast. We differ from other codeschools by focusing heavily on back-end dev, so you emerge with a deep foundation in Python applicable to jobs worldwide, and/or your own personal projects. Our course will get you coding with techs like SQL, Data Structures & Algorithms, Git and GitHub, REST APIs, JavaScript, JSON, MVC, Django, Flask, HTML, CSS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), data analysis, automation, and more. Please download our course syllabus for the full outline: https://codingnomads.co/courses/python-bootcamp-bali/
    Leif Income Share Agreement for US citizens
    Tuition PlansInstallments over 3-5 months.
    ScholarshipScholarships available to women, military, locals, and more. See http://codingnomads.co/scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience is required, however the online prep work must be completed before arriving onsite to ensure students are ready for the technical challenge of our courses.
    Prep Work8 weeks (100-160 hours) of online prep work as a part of the program.
    - 4/17/2019
    Bryce Lindley • Student

In 2018, I came from Udacity as an entrance into programming with a scholarship I had received for Android Basics Development.  I was excited that I graduated and it felt great, but I also knew I had much more to learn.  My desires for learning more were unquenched,  I felt like Udacity wanted to push you out the door once you graduate with your nanodegree(which is both good and bad).  What I desired was the ability to use a skillset that I mastered not because I followed a bunch of handholding exercises.   I wanted to learn more about Java and I know mentorship is paramount for retaining all this stuff.  I spoke with Ryan and told him my experience and he told me what to expect from the coursework, etc..

He is not only very friendly but helpful and reliable as he has a vast experience(16 years if I remember correctly) in Java. Do you need help in: Git, GitHub, Linux,  Job support, anything Java he can help you.  If you're feeling stressed and your brain has Ka-Bloomed! he offers moral support.  CodingNomads only strengthened my understanding of more than I could ever do on my own.  Ryan has been very helpful with learning Java and everything you need to know in between.  Besides Java, you will learn how to use the command line which employers will expect of you.  Retaining information is three times more easy when you have a mentor, and  if you're serious about coding or just want to get started, I would highly suggest reaching out to Ryan to be your mentor.

• Great Program
    - 4/1/2019
    Denzel Archie • Student

One of the best learning experiences ever! From the very beginning  you’re giving motovito get over the “Imposter syndrome” there’s tons of extra reading materials for the courses and the mentors truly care about your success.

• Andy Mitchell • Graduate

I attended the 2018 Java bootcamp in Playa del Carmen, Mexico which included 4 weeks remote work preparation, 8 weeks on site in Mexico and a following 4 weeks remote work on the final project. I had a great time on the course! Playa del Carmen had a very relaxed vibe and it was easy to walk everywhere which was great! I thought the teaching was great and Roi was happy to explain anything we had questions about throughout the course.

I found being away from home and learning remotely really made me motivated and focused on learning which is something I had struggled with when trying to learn independently. Roi had had experience in the software industry and could answer questions and provide advice on good practise used in the industry which is unlikely  to be something I would have learned on my own. Roi was also keen to set us extra challenges and teach us things outside of the current curriculum when it was clear we understood the curriculum well, this led to us creating our own Android apps which was great fun and something I had always wanted to play around with.

I found the experience of working at the the coworking space really enjoyable, we met lots of new people with interesting backgrounds and stories which is something I wasn't expecting! The facilities were great there and the coworking space often had events we joined to meet other digital nomads.

I found the work/play balance was much better than I expected, I was expecting to just stay in the same city for the whole 8 weeks but we managed to arrange a trip to Mexico City to see some of the Day of the Dead celebrations as well as trips to Tulum and Merida to see the cities and visit some Mayan ruins which were amazing! Playa has lots of things to do and see nearby and I expect I will go back there in the future to see some of the sights I missed!

Overall, I would recommend CodingNomads to anyone who is looking to jump into the  world of software development, as this type of learning experience will give you the practical skills to start making your own applications from scratch, which I feel is really empowering and motivating to start making projects of your own! That combined with the experience of living in a new country and meeting new and interesting people from around the world makes this a really rewarding experience that I would do again in a heartbeat!

• Kadri R • Student

I had been looking for a course like this in Barcelona for a while, so I was very excited to learn about the CodingNomads Python/Django course! From day 1 we dove deep into Python, the pace was fast but never did I feel that I or anyone else in the class was left behind. The days were intense, but the whole group was just a bunch of awesome and supportive people, so the days flew by fast, way too fast! Our instructors Martin and Caden were both one of a kind - smart, fun and approachable, adding even more to the experience. Would totally do another one! :)

• Duncan Cockburn • Accountant • Graduate

Having never coded before this was a personal challenge for myself to jump into something which i have previously not been comfortable with. Mixing the learning with travel experiences allowed me to still have a good time and explore new places.  People on the course and the instructors were great fun and helped to make the experience as unique and valuable as it was.

Having the groundwork in place has now helped with my job as an accountant and come up with new innovative ways in which the business can stay on top of the every evolving tech environment. I t has given me a great framework in coding should i choose to further develop this skill.

Highly recommend

• Coding outdoors!
    - 10/2/2018
    Saulo • Graduate

Coding nomads is a unique life experience!

I have not ony learned the fundamentals about coding but also had a great time with Kim and Ryan!

The level of flexibility didn't interefered at all in our learning experience. We were able to enjoy Tahoe at the same time learn tons about coding!

Highly recommend for those who wants to have a productivity time but also relaxed!

• Trevor • software developer • Graduate

The Coding Nomads Team:

I attended the Java bootcamp in Bali and the entire experience was amazing. The Coding Nomads team was great. The instructors teaching styles and how they ran the course really impressed me. It was a great blend of structure but also freedom to choose some of your own routes if you wanted. They were very good at taking the temperature of the class as a whole and individuals, as well as very proactive at spending more time on a topic or having extra time with people if they needed more one on one guidance regardless of time of day. If we were all digging in to a challenge/exercise from the day before we often had the freedom to spend more time on it instead of moving on to something else. Also they were just generally awesome people in there own right. People that I can confidently call friends going forward. I am and will continue to be in continued contact with them, be it for advice, mentoring, networking, etc.

Course and Content:

Overall, I thought the amount of content and technologies that were covered was on point. I have a different perspective than the others in the course as I had a position lined up for me with my current company. I transferred roles from software test engineer to Java developer. One of the reasons that I was granted the opportunity was that my manager saw the course content and outline and was very impressed with how it aligned closely with the technologies they used. I chose to pursue Coding Nomads mostly because either the other available bootcamps were way too expensive and/or were more frontend style technologies mostly for web or app development and not Java/backend rooted. Saying, there was also opportunities to dig into more frontend work and technologies, if you enjoy that (some people did in fact).

Location:

Obviously, Bali is an amazing location for many reasons. You might think that there would be too many distractions or it doesn’t seem like a serious place. It works though. Getting away from time and the normal routine really seemed to help me to focus in on the opportunity and challenges without the other distractions. There was a really nice blend of working hard, and often long hours, with taking time to enjoy Bali. The CN team was great at offering suggestions and also organising group adventures during the off time. Some of the most amazing times I had with everyone there. The coworking space we based out of was Outpost in Ubud. It was a great place to hold the course. Great amenities (events, pool access, etc) and people. You also got a glimpse of the remote working lifestyle that other professionals were living at Outpost.

Beyond the Bootcamp:

I am now applying my coding knowledge at work and I feel that the course prepared me very well. I definitely need to build up my experience in general and improve which takes time, but the major hurdles have mostly been getting up to speed on the practices and methods of software engineering that my work uses and applies for specific domain knowledge. That is something that would seem inevitable regardless.

I really cant say enough about the bootcamp itself, the Coding Nomads team, and overall experience and adventure. Its a total package.

• CodingNomads review
    - 12/28/2017
    Kevin Neag • Student
    This is a review for the CodingNomads cohort taking place in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico between September 23rd, 2017 through January 7th, 2018. The program consisted of 8 weeks on-site learning at a co-working space in the center of Playa Del Carmen, as well as 5 additional weeks of full-time remote work, where we are still currently working on our final projects.
    Overall, I think that this boot camp was a great investment in my both my time and money. I highly encourage anyone that is serious about learning Java to consider attending for the following reasons:

1.) The technologies you learn.

Most coding boot camps are centered around learning web-development, CodingNomads differs in that the course is structured around java, which is the most used back-end language in the world. During the course, you go from learning the java fundamentals all the way up to be able to able to write complex data structures and algorithms. You will also learn spring, a popular Java framework that allows you to create secure web applications, create your own Restful API services, be able to integrate your code with relational databases as well as much more. During the course, you also learn how to use the command line, git, SQL for managing databases, and many services on AWS, including EC2 which allows you to deploy your code on remote servers. Most importantly you will learn to think and solve problems like a developer.

2.) The Instructor.

Ryan is extremely knowledgeable with over a decade of experience working as a professional developer. With his recent real-world experience, he is able to organize the course so that you learn the technologies and best practices currently being used. Ryan is really good at breaking down complex topics so that they can be easily explained. Above all, he is extremely generous with his time. On several occasions, he has spent over 12 hours in class helping students, and he routinely offers time on Sunday’s for students to review the material.

3.) Getting away from distractions.

The concept of traveling to a foreign country to learn computer programming might sound like a pretty strange idea, however, for me it provided the perfect learning environment. Traveling really helped me step away from all the distractions of everyday life, so that I could solely devote my time to learning as much as possible. During the course, you are almost exclusively surrounded by like-minded people who are also trying to learn how to code, which I found was something that was extremely beneficial and something that not every boot camp can offer. The co-working space we used was a short walk from my apartment and Playa del Carmen provided nearly all the everyday comforts of the United States.

4.) The price.

I think that you will be hard-pressed to find a better deal on a boot camp than CodingNomads. The base price for the course was significantly cheaper than all the other boot camps that I researched, with the added benefit of a decreased cost of living from being in a foreign country. Additionally, the cohort I was in was very small, so I was able to get lots of individual attention, something that you might not find in some of the larger more expensive boot camps.
  • Taner Ali • Student

This was an amazing experience! I learned to code while I was in paradise on a small island in Thailand. While I was researching bootcamps, CodingNomads was one of the first ones I discovered and I kept coming back to it as I was researching others. It was the clear choice due to its curriculum (the fact that it was gonna be in an exotic destination was a bonus, of course), all other bootcamps focused more on front-end web development technologies, where core concepts in software development are never taught. The ones that did focus more on core software development were too expensive, sometimes more than twice as much as this one. Ryan (the instructor) was a great teacher and obviously has had a lot of experience in the field working as a software engineer in San Francisco for a very long time. The one thing I would strongly advise candidates that decide to join this course is to read the first 5-6 chapters of Java: A Beginner's Guide (the official guide by the developer of the Java language, Oracle) before arriving at the destination. It shouldn't take more than a week or two, but will make your learning experience much more effective.
    Also, Ryan, Kim (the business manager and his wife), and all the others from the course were awesome! We had a great time together!

• Yovalice • Student

Having the opportunity to learn Java, SQL and AWS, traveling to a new place, meeting new people and paying less than in most bootcamp is something you can't miss. The CodingNomads bootcamp is very well organized and teach what you will need to be a successful junior software engineer. Ryan, the instructor has a lot of experience in software engineer and really love to teach so you can be sure that you will learn even when things get really difficult because Ryan will kindly explain things as much as is needed, you will be studying in your free time, you will be doing a lot of homework and most important you will be coding. It takes a lot of work but you can be sure it will be worthy. I don't have enough words to express my gratitude towards Ryan and Kim. They are successful young people, they have a lot of knowledge and are willing to share that with everyone. If you are looking for an amazing affordable bootcamp to learn to code, you should do this one with CodingNomads.

• Trevor • software engineer (in training) • Graduate

So I went to a coding bootcamp…

It was awesome!

CodingNomads delivered on so much more than I thought possible.

Here are the reasons to attend:

-Ryan (the instructor) and Kim (admin and wife) are great people and care about your success.

-Ryan is a real life software engineer with lots of experience, not an intern, not recently graduated. He knows his stuff, and he’s there with you every day.

-You learn Java, SQL, and AWS. These are core technologies that are in demand! Don’t take my word for it, Google it. --> most used programming language, most used database language, most used cloud platform.

-This course is less expensive than most.

-You get to travel to an awesome location with other people that are doing the exact same thing!

-Travelling to a new country (or at least away from where you live) gives you all the opportunity to focus on what you’re there to do.

Other things to note:

-Expect to work hard, programming isn't easy for most

-Learning new things and getting good at them takes time and grit, this applies to the hiring process as well. Expect a challenge

-Travelling is fun, but class takes up a lot of time. If you want to be employable afterwards, keep your priorities in mind.

This isn’t the right place for a life story or the answers to all the questions you most likely have, but I’d be happy to share. CodingNomads has my email and can put you touch. And if you’re interested in a coding bootcamp at all, you should really reach out to Ryan and Kim. They’re super genuine people and will definitely help fill in a lot of the details.

• Anonymous • Data Analyst • Graduate
     I took part in the Python Fullstack Web Development course in 2019 which consisted of 8 weeks part time online as well as 4 weeks in-person tuition in Bali.

The online part of the course was very informative and useful in allowing you to know the basics of programming before the in-person component. You’re given assignments that you work through at your own pace but have the added advantage of a mentor that you have calls with once per week (they’re also on-hand to help you whenever you have any problems). I’ve always been a self-learner but it was definitely helpful to have a mentor to guide you in the right direction when you get really stuck.

The in-person component of the course in Bali was the really outstanding part for me though. The class size was small and the instructor was extremely knowledgeable, having worked several years at a FAANG company. It was a great environment to learn as all the other classmates were really friendly and motivated to learn. We would frequently stay behind after class and help each other out to complete the assignments for the day, which helped me to solidify my knowledge.

After the bootcamp I took a few months to continue learning and decide on which area I would like to specialise in. I enjoyed the data side of the course the most and decided to delve more into this area. Whilst this was different to web development there were lots of overlapping concepts. I ended up interviewing and getting a job as a data analyst not long after finishing the course!