codingnomads-logo

CodingNomads

Bali, Online, Reno

CodingNomads

CodingNomads offers 10-week, full-time Java and Python bootcamps in travel destinations like Bali, as well as online self-paced coding bootcamps. CodingNomads helps students learn critical tech skills like Java, Python, Spring, SQL, Django, AWS, data science, and more. The full-time bootcamps are a combination of onsite and online portions to make them affordable for students around the world. CodingNomads' online programs teach Java and Python fundamentals, as well as foundations in SQL, databases and APIs. Online programs are either self-paced with lifetime access to course material, or students can sign up for mentor support on a monthly or 3-month basis. Students will learn from experts, gain the tools to work from anywhere and create meaningful life memories with their cohorts.

To attend an onsite travel course, students must first complete CodingNomads' online course as a prerequisite and pass a technical interview to ensure they are ready for the course. CodingNomads is aimed at students with all backgrounds.

By hosting international coding bootcamps at coworking spaces in different countries, CodingNomads enables students to invest in their careers while exploring the world. CodingNomads can assist students with affordable accommodation, airport pickups, and transportation needs in destination countries.

Recent CodingNomads Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (41) reviews for CodingNomads →

Recent CodingNomads News

Read all (5) articles about CodingNomads →
  • Java Engineering Career Track

Linux, GitHub, DevOps, Data Engineering, MVC, Algorithms, Data Structures, Git, Java, MySQL, SQL
    Boost your career opportunities and earning potential with the most in-demand tech stack worldwide. Learn to build professional-grade software applications from scratch using the tools and techs required for today’s jobs. Our grads go on to become software engineers, project / product managers, data analysts, data engineers, entrepreneurs and more. The Java Career Track includes Java Programming, Spring Framework and JavaScript (optional), plus 6 months of intensive career support to find work that inspires you. We're all about flexibility, affordability, and excellent mentor support. All lectures are pre-recorded so you can learn on your own schedule, part-time. Meet weekly with your dedicated mentor, join our live office hours and supportive Slack groups, and reach out anytime 24/7 to get the help you need to learn fast. For more info see: https://codingnomads.co/career-track/java-training-professional-java-developer
    Leif Income Share Agreements available to US citizens. Pay 50% during the course, and the rest after you get a job.
    Tuition PlansPay $6950 upfront, or $7500 in 9 installments.
    ScholarshipSee http://codingnomads.co/scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience is required
  • Java Programming Course

Algorithms, Data Structures, Git, Java, MySQL, SQL
    Want to learn Java for your job, university, or a career change? This part-time 3 month Java + SQL course teaches practical engineering skills that are in-demand in every industry worldwide. Work with mentors and a community who get to know you personally, and care about your progress. Complete on your own schedule with various affordable enrollment options. *This course is the first half of our Java Engineering Career Track. If you’d like to learn Java to become a professional developer, please see the career track.* Start learning Java for free at https://platform.codingnomads.co.
    Tuition PlansSee our site for enrollment options: https://codingnomads.co/courses/learn-java-online/
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience is required. This course is ideal for absolute beginners, and/or coders who are new to Java.
  • Python Programming Course

REST, Algorithms, Git, MySQL, Python, SQL
    Want to learn Python to build your own projects, become a professional developer, or get into data science? This part-time 3 month course teaches practical engineering skills that can be applied to various industries and job roles. Learn to build scripts and applications with CodingNomads’ fun, project-based curriculum. Work with mentors and a community who get to know you personally, and care about your progress. Complete on your own schedule with various affordable enrollment options. *This course is the first half of our Python Web Development Career Track, as well as our Data Science + ML Career Track.* Start learning Python for free: https://platform.codingnomads.co.
    Tuition PlansSee our site for enrollment options: https://codingnomads.co/courses/python-bootcamp-online/
    ScholarshipSee https://codingnomads.co/scholarships/
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course starts from scratch and is fit for absolute beginners to coding, and/or coders who are new to Python.
  • Python Web Development Career Track

JavaScript, GitHub, Front End, Django, DevOps, Algorithms, Data Structures, Git, MySQL, Python, SQL, CSS, HTML
    Learn the skills you need to become a professional fullstack Python web developer. Build a portfolio of custom-built projects that you are proud of. Learn strong computer science skills that enable you to tackle any software challenge thrown your way. The Python Career Track includes Python Programming, Django/Flask Web Dev and JavaScript (optional). Our grads go on to become software engineers, project / product managers, data analysts, data engineers, entrepreneurs and more. We're all about flexibility, affordability, and excellent mentor support. All lectures are pre-recorded so you can learn on your own schedule, part-time. Meet weekly with your dedicated mentor, join our live office hours and supportive Slack groups, and reach out anytime 24/7 to get the help you need to learn fast. Get intensive career support to find work that inspires you. For more info see: https://codingnomads.co/career-track/professional-python-web-development-course
    Leif Income Share Agreement for US citizens. Pay 50% during the course, and the rest after you get a job.
    Tuition PlansPay $6950 upfront, or $7500 in 9 installments.
    ScholarshipSee http://codingnomads.co/scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience is required.
    - 7/10/2019
    Blane Staskiewicz • Penn State Student • Student

Took the Online Python 3 course. The course really gets you familiar with python and what the language has to offer as well as APIs and Databases and projects to help build up your github, that I never learned in college. If you need to get the course complete for 500 in 4 weeks, it's doable. I'm a broke college student so I found this course at a low rate and after completeing it, it's really worth the money. Remote, user friendly course with a nearly 24/7 community of mentors and staff. A personal mentor that helps guild you through weekly calls and free to talk through Slack. Connection to Slack channels and the Forum, for questions, code reviews, interview help/practice questions and irl stuff like free tickets to RISE conference in Hong Kong this past summer. In the end worked with Twitter to filter tweets and make my own personal twitter bot. Overall worth the money and time, and now I will always be apart of a community of programmers. Shout out to Johnny, best mentor I ever had!

• Robert • Graduate

A big fat pro for this bootcamp is the location.
    Obviously, learning how to code in a paradise like Bali is pretty cool. But additional to that, for me being out of my daily environment really helped me stay focused. Since I was so far away from my colleagues, friends and family (Netherlands) and we lived in different time-zones, I didn't get any distraction other then what I consciously chose. For me that meant long productive days during the week. The weekends I went out to explore the Island, which obviously is a good way of relaxing and getting energized again for the next, productive, week.

Another big fat pro are the instructors.
    Martin and Caden are awesome. They will give you everything they have, with all their energy. Where needed they will adjust the program to your needs and supply you with additional materials. They know a lot! And when your interests take you places they don't know, they will explore it with you. Also besides class, we had a lot of fun. Having dinners or drinks together, exploring the area or playing some card games. They were always up for something. Also Roy, the instructor of the Java course should be mentioned here. Three awesome guys.

The organization and contact with Kim and Ryan also went smoothly. They set the right expectations, help you get settled in and are very much open for feedback. They will do anything in their power to make this the best possible experience for you. Thanks!
    Ryan and Kim will also give you job support. I didn't need it, since I was already employed while during the course, but of what I saw was I would say it is worth 5 stars. They will give you very practical advice like how to set up your resume, but will also practice 1-on-1 or whiteboard interviews. Good stuff!

If you are looking for a course where you will master all the general Python skills and get a good general understanding of Web-development, look no further. After the course you are able to build pretty neat web-applications and throw them on the internet, accessible to anyone.

Just one small disclaimer: you are going to get just as much out of this bootcamp as you are willing to put in it. The work will not happen by itself, and they will not come and drag you to class. That, obviously, is your responsibility! :)

- 4/17/2019
    Bryce Lindley • Student

In 2018, I came from Udacity as an entrance into programming with a scholarship I had received for Android Basics Development.  I was excited that I graduated and it felt great, but I also knew I had much more to learn.  My desires for learning more were unquenched,  I felt like Udacity wanted to push you out the door once you graduate with your nanodegree(which is both good and bad).  What I desired was the ability to use a skillset that I mastered not because I followed a bunch of handholding exercises.   I wanted to learn more about Java and I know mentorship is paramount for retaining all this stuff.  I spoke with Ryan and told him my experience and he told me what to expect from the coursework, etc..

He is not only very friendly but helpful and reliable as he has a vast experience(16 years if I remember correctly) in Java. Do you need help in: Git, GitHub, Linux,  Job support, anything Java he can help you.  If you're feeling stressed and your brain has Ka-Bloomed! he offers moral support.  CodingNomads only strengthened my understanding of more than I could ever do on my own.  Ryan has been very helpful with learning Java and everything you need to know in between.  Besides Java, you will learn how to use the command line which employers will expect of you.  Retaining information is three times more easy when you have a mentor, and  if you're serious about coding or just want to get started, I would highly suggest reaching out to Ryan to be your mentor.

• Great Program
    - 4/1/2019
    Denzel Archie • Student

One of the best learning experiences ever! From the very beginning  you’re giving motovito get over the “Imposter syndrome” there’s tons of extra reading materials for the courses and the mentors truly care about your success.

• Andy Mitchell • Graduate

I attended the 2018 Java bootcamp in Playa del Carmen, Mexico which included 4 weeks remote work preparation, 8 weeks on site in Mexico and a following 4 weeks remote work on the final project. I had a great time on the course! Playa del Carmen had a very relaxed vibe and it was easy to walk everywhere which was great! I thought the teaching was great and Roi was happy to explain anything we had questions about throughout the course.

I found being away from home and learning remotely really made me motivated and focused on learning which is something I had struggled with when trying to learn independently. Roi had had experience in the software industry and could answer questions and provide advice on good practise used in the industry which is unlikely  to be something I would have learned on my own. Roi was also keen to set us extra challenges and teach us things outside of the current curriculum when it was clear we understood the curriculum well, this led to us creating our own Android apps which was great fun and something I had always wanted to play around with.

I found the experience of working at the the coworking space really enjoyable, we met lots of new people with interesting backgrounds and stories which is something I wasn't expecting! The facilities were great there and the coworking space often had events we joined to meet other digital nomads.

I found the work/play balance was much better than I expected, I was expecting to just stay in the same city for the whole 8 weeks but we managed to arrange a trip to Mexico City to see some of the Day of the Dead celebrations as well as trips to Tulum and Merida to see the cities and visit some Mayan ruins which were amazing! Playa has lots of things to do and see nearby and I expect I will go back there in the future to see some of the sights I missed!

Overall, I would recommend CodingNomads to anyone who is looking to jump into the  world of software development, as this type of learning experience will give you the practical skills to start making your own applications from scratch, which I feel is really empowering and motivating to start making projects of your own! That combined with the experience of living in a new country and meeting new and interesting people from around the world makes this a really rewarding experience that I would do again in a heartbeat!

• Kadri R • Student

I had been looking for a course like this in Barcelona for a while, so I was very excited to learn about the CodingNomads Python/Django course! From day 1 we dove deep into Python, the pace was fast but never did I feel that I or anyone else in the class was left behind. The days were intense, but the whole group was just a bunch of awesome and supportive people, so the days flew by fast, way too fast! Our instructors Martin and Caden were both one of a kind - smart, fun and approachable, adding even more to the experience. Would totally do another one! :)

• Duncan Cockburn • Accountant • Graduate

Having never coded before this was a personal challenge for myself to jump into something which i have previously not been comfortable with. Mixing the learning with travel experiences allowed me to still have a good time and explore new places.  People on the course and the instructors were great fun and helped to make the experience as unique and valuable as it was.

Having the groundwork in place has now helped with my job as an accountant and come up with new innovative ways in which the business can stay on top of the every evolving tech environment. I t has given me a great framework in coding should i choose to further develop this skill.

Highly recommend

• Coding outdoors!
    - 10/2/2018
    Saulo • Graduate

Coding nomads is a unique life experience!

I have not ony learned the fundamentals about coding but also had a great time with Kim and Ryan!

The level of flexibility didn't interefered at all in our learning experience. We were able to enjoy Tahoe at the same time learn tons about coding!

Highly recommend for those who wants to have a productivity time but also relaxed!

• Trevor • software developer • Graduate

The Coding Nomads Team:

I attended the Java bootcamp in Bali and the entire experience was amazing. The Coding Nomads team was great. The instructors teaching styles and how they ran the course really impressed me. It was a great blend of structure but also freedom to choose some of your own routes if you wanted. They were very good at taking the temperature of the class as a whole and individuals, as well as very proactive at spending more time on a topic or having extra time with people if they needed more one on one guidance regardless of time of day. If we were all digging in to a challenge/exercise from the day before we often had the freedom to spend more time on it instead of moving on to something else. Also they were just generally awesome people in there own right. People that I can confidently call friends going forward. I am and will continue to be in continued contact with them, be it for advice, mentoring, networking, etc.

Course and Content:

Overall, I thought the amount of content and technologies that were covered was on point. I have a different perspective than the others in the course as I had a position lined up for me with my current company. I transferred roles from software test engineer to Java developer. One of the reasons that I was granted the opportunity was that my manager saw the course content and outline and was very impressed with how it aligned closely with the technologies they used. I chose to pursue Coding Nomads mostly because either the other available bootcamps were way too expensive and/or were more frontend style technologies mostly for web or app development and not Java/backend rooted. Saying, there was also opportunities to dig into more frontend work and technologies, if you enjoy that (some people did in fact).

Location:

Obviously, Bali is an amazing location for many reasons. You might think that there would be too many distractions or it doesn’t seem like a serious place. It works though. Getting away from time and the normal routine really seemed to help me to focus in on the opportunity and challenges without the other distractions. There was a really nice blend of working hard, and often long hours, with taking time to enjoy Bali. The CN team was great at offering suggestions and also organising group adventures during the off time. Some of the most amazing times I had with everyone there. The coworking space we based out of was Outpost in Ubud. It was a great place to hold the course. Great amenities (events, pool access, etc) and people. You also got a glimpse of the remote working lifestyle that other professionals were living at Outpost.

Beyond the Bootcamp:

I am now applying my coding knowledge at work and I feel that the course prepared me very well. I definitely need to build up my experience in general and improve which takes time, but the major hurdles have mostly been getting up to speed on the practices and methods of software engineering that my work uses and applies for specific domain knowledge. That is something that would seem inevitable regardless.

I really cant say enough about the bootcamp itself, the Coding Nomads team, and overall experience and adventure. Its a total package.

• CodingNomads review
    - 12/28/2017
    Kevin Neag • Student
    This is a review for the CodingNomads cohort taking place in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico between September 23rd, 2017 through January 7th, 2018. The program consisted of 8 weeks on-site learning at a co-working space in the center of Playa Del Carmen, as well as 5 additional weeks of full-time remote work, where we are still currently working on our final projects.
    Overall, I think that this boot camp was a great investment in my both my time and money. I highly encourage anyone that is serious about learning Java to consider attending for the following reasons:

1.) The technologies you learn.

Most coding boot camps are centered around learning web-development, CodingNomads differs in that the course is structured around java, which is the most used back-end language in the world. During the course, you go from learning the java fundamentals all the way up to be able to able to write complex data structures and algorithms. You will also learn spring, a popular Java framework that allows you to create secure web applications, create your own Restful API services, be able to integrate your code with relational databases as well as much more. During the course, you also learn how to use the command line, git, SQL for managing databases, and many services on AWS, including EC2 which allows you to deploy your code on remote servers. Most importantly you will learn to think and solve problems like a developer.

2.) The Instructor.

Ryan is extremely knowledgeable with over a decade of experience working as a professional developer. With his recent real-world experience, he is able to organize the course so that you learn the technologies and best practices currently being used. Ryan is really good at breaking down complex topics so that they can be easily explained. Above all, he is extremely generous with his time. On several occasions, he has spent over 12 hours in class helping students, and he routinely offers time on Sunday’s for students to review the material.

3.) Getting away from distractions.

The concept of traveling to a foreign country to learn computer programming might sound like a pretty strange idea, however, for me it provided the perfect learning environment. Traveling really helped me step away from all the distractions of everyday life, so that I could solely devote my time to learning as much as possible. During the course, you are almost exclusively surrounded by like-minded people who are also trying to learn how to code, which I found was something that was extremely beneficial and something that not every boot camp can offer. The co-working space we used was a short walk from my apartment and Playa del Carmen provided nearly all the everyday comforts of the United States.

4.) The price.

I think that you will be hard-pressed to find a better deal on a boot camp than CodingNomads. The base price for the course was significantly cheaper than all the other boot camps that I researched, with the added benefit of a decreased cost of living from being in a foreign country. Additionally, the cohort I was in was very small, so I was able to get lots of individual attention, something that you might not find in some of the larger more expensive boot camps.
  • Taner Ali • Student

This was an amazing experience! I learned to code while I was in paradise on a small island in Thailand. While I was researching bootcamps, CodingNomads was one of the first ones I discovered and I kept coming back to it as I was researching others. It was the clear choice due to its curriculum (the fact that it was gonna be in an exotic destination was a bonus, of course), all other bootcamps focused more on front-end web development technologies, where core concepts in software development are never taught. The ones that did focus more on core software development were too expensive, sometimes more than twice as much as this one. Ryan (the instructor) was a great teacher and obviously has had a lot of experience in the field working as a software engineer in San Francisco for a very long time. The one thing I would strongly advise candidates that decide to join this course is to read the first 5-6 chapters of Java: A Beginner's Guide (the official guide by the developer of the Java language, Oracle) before arriving at the destination. It shouldn't take more than a week or two, but will make your learning experience much more effective.
    Also, Ryan, Kim (the business manager and his wife), and all the others from the course were awesome! We had a great time together!

• Yovalice • Student

Having the opportunity to learn Java, SQL and AWS, traveling to a new place, meeting new people and paying less than in most bootcamp is something you can't miss. The CodingNomads bootcamp is very well organized and teach what you will need to be a successful junior software engineer. Ryan, the instructor has a lot of experience in software engineer and really love to teach so you can be sure that you will learn even when things get really difficult because Ryan will kindly explain things as much as is needed, you will be studying in your free time, you will be doing a lot of homework and most important you will be coding. It takes a lot of work but you can be sure it will be worthy. I don't have enough words to express my gratitude towards Ryan and Kim. They are successful young people, they have a lot of knowledge and are willing to share that with everyone. If you are looking for an amazing affordable bootcamp to learn to code, you should do this one with CodingNomads.