CodingNomads offers 10-week, full-time Java and Python bootcamps in travel destinations like Bali, as well as online self-paced coding bootcamps. CodingNomads helps students learn critical tech skills like Java, Python, Spring, SQL, Django, AWS, data science, and more. The full-time bootcamps are a combination of onsite and online portions to make them affordable for students around the world. CodingNomads' online programs teach Java and Python fundamentals, as well as foundations in SQL, databases and APIs. Online programs are either self-paced with lifetime access to course material, or students can sign up for mentor support on a monthly or 3-month basis. Students will learn from experts, gain the tools to work from anywhere and create meaningful life memories with their cohorts.
To attend an onsite travel course, students must first complete CodingNomads' online course as a prerequisite and pass a technical interview to ensure they are ready for the course. CodingNomads is aimed at students with all backgrounds.
By hosting international coding bootcamps at coworking spaces in different countries, CodingNomads enables students to invest in their careers while exploring the world. CodingNomads can assist students with affordable accommodation, airport pickups, and transportation needs in destination countries.
Recent CodingNomads Reviews: Rating 4.95
Recent CodingNomads News
- Software Engineering Job Descriptions: Reading Between the Lines
- How to Find Remote Developer Jobs After a Coding Bootcamp
- June 2017 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup + Podcast
In PersonFull Time50 Hours/week18 Weeks
Deposit $1000 FinancingLeif Income Share Agreements available to US citizens. Pay 50% during the course, and the rest after you get a job. Tuition Plans Installments over 3-5 months. Scholarship Scholarships available to women, military, local Indonesians and more. See http://codingnomads.co/scholarships
Minimum Skill Level No experience is required, however the online prep work must be completed before being accepted into our onsite programs to ensure students are ready for the technical challenge of our courses. Prep Work 8+ week prep course included in cost (20+ hours/week). Get started as soon as you enroll for more time to get ahead! Placement Test No Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $99 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed to learn Java online for your job, university, or considering a career change into software engineering? CodingNomads’ online Java + SQL course will turn you into a capable coder using the most widely-used programming language on earth. Our curriculum was built by industry professionals based on real-world engineering tasks that are required for today's jobs. Despite the demand for Java, only 9% of coding bootcamps teach it, and universities fail to teach practical day-to-day skills. We're proud to help students learn Java online at an affordable price, making learning to code fun and exciting for our students! Our online courses are entirely self-paced with pre-recorded video demonstrations, lab exercises and documentation that you can complete on your own time. Students can either purchase the content alone, or enroll in 1:1 mentorship to move through the course efficiently with dedicated support. We take mentorship very seriously, as we know that this can be the defining factor of your success. Our mentorship team is what sets CodingNomads apart, as we're a small company with mentors who get to know you personally, and care about your progress. --By the end of this course you’ll be able to-- - Read and write complex Java applications - Whiz around the command line interface (CLI) - Manage your projects in Git & GitHub with ease - Model, build and maintain relational databases - Query databases using SQL - Think like a developer with confidence - Learn other languages/techs much easier Start learning Java online for free on our online learning platform: https://platform.codingnomads.co.
Deposit N/A FinancingLeif Income Share Agreement available for US citizens. Pay 50% upfront and the rest after you get a job. Tuition Plans Start for free at https://platform.codingnomads.co Scholarship 10% off for women, military and "live the dream"
Minimum Skill Level No experience is required. This course is ideal for absolute beginners or those new to Java programming. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $99 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to learn Python to build your own applications, become a software engineer, or get into data science? CodingNomads’ online Python + SQL + APIs course will teach you to build fully functional web applications using the fastest-growing and most popular programming language. Despite the demand for Python, only 9% of coding bootcamps teach it. We're proud to offer high quality education for Python web development. We make learning to code fun and productive with project-based curriculum, and a team of mentors who care about your success. Our online Python bootcamp consists of 500+ pages of documentation and tutorials, 300+ code samples and lab exercises, 170+ video tutorials and demos, plus access to our members-only forum for posting questions, searching for answers, and connecting with our community. Our online courses are entirely self-paced with pre-recorded video demonstrations, lab exercises and documentation that you can complete on your own time. Students can either purchase the content alone, or enroll in 1:1 mentorship to move through the course efficiently with dedicated support. We take mentorship very seriously, as we know that this can be the defining factor of your success. Our mentorship team is what sets CodingNomads apart, as we're a small company with mentors who get to know you personally, and care about your progress. --By the end of this course you’ll be able to-- - Read and write complex Python algorithms & applications that consume, analyze and store data using APIs and SQL - Whiz around the command line interface (CLI) - Model, build and maintain relational databases - Manage your projects in Git & GitHub with ease - Automate repetitive tasks, and optimize workflows - Think like a developer with confidence --Course Pricing Options-- Free: Get started learning for free on our online learning platform. Content + Forum: Purchase lifetime access to our course content and members-only forum with a one-time payment. Ideal for students who prefer self-paced learning with no time commitments. Dedicated Mentor Support: Get unlimited mentor support through 1:1 video calls, Slack and forum. Ideal for students who want to learn quickly and efficiently. See website for pricing on 1 month, 2 month and 3 month mentor support options. Onsite Discounts: If you sign up to continue learning at one of our traveling coding bootcamps, we’ll give you a discount on tuition.
Deposit N/A FinancingLeif Income Share Agreement available for US citizens. Pay 50% upfront and the rest after you get a job. Tuition Plans Start for free at https://platform.codingnomads.co Scholarship 10% off for women, military and "live the dream"
Minimum Skill Level This course starts from scratch and is fit for absolute beginners to programming, and/or coders who are new to Python. Placement Test No Interview No
- MySQL, HTML, Git, CSS, Data Structures, Algorithms, SQL, Python
In PersonFull Time50 Hours/week15 Weeks
Deposit $1500 FinancingLeif Income Share Agreement for US citizens Tuition Plans Installments over 3-5 months. Scholarship Scholarships available to women, military, locals, and more. See http://codingnomads.co/scholarships
Minimum Skill Level No experience is required, however the online prep work must be completed before arriving onsite to ensure students are ready for the technical challenge of our courses. Prep Work 8 weeks (100-160 hours) of online prep work as a part of the program. Placement Test No Interview Yes
39 reviews sorted by:
- Heather • Software Engineer • Graduate • Course: Java + SQL + AWS Bootcamp in Bali • Campus: Bali • Verified via GitHub
Exotic location & incredible value are two definite pluses for Coding Nomads, but my main reason for choosing them was because I wanted a more technical, comp sci style of coding bootcamp. Having Java as the main language was a huge part of that, but also focusing on the backend and learning about AWS, databases, and SQL too. It delivered on all fronts, and I received a job offer as a graduate Java software engineer only 2 weeks after graduating!
Now, if you apply to Coding Nomads, I can't guarantee the same results, but I can ensure you that you'll receive a wide breadth of knowledge for your programming language, a solid foundation in computer science fundamentals, and, most importantly, the skills to figure out whatever you don't know how to do. The instructors are knowledgable, experienced, and genuinely care about both your education and the quality of your overall experience!
As a a smaller organization they don't have all of the same structured job support/partnerships as the big bootcamps. But they more than make up for that with personalized support with mock interviews, resume reviews, practicing your elevator pitch, and being available every step of the way through your job hunt.
For any bootcamp, you'll get out of it what you put into it. Make sure you put in the time during the online prep work, ask a lot of questions, and do all of the practice assignments. If you do this, Coding Nomads will make sure you leave with tons of knowledge, amazing friends, and unforgettable travel experiences. Can't recommend them highly enough!
- An amazing experience!- 7/2/2018Ivan • Graduate • Course: Java + SQL + AWS Bootcamp in Bali • Campus: Bali • Verified via GitHub
I joined the Bali Bootcamp of 2018 and it was an incredible experience.
The Coding Nomads crew really knows how to run a coding bootcamp in one of the most beautiful places on Earth.
The learning experience was really good, covering a great amount of topics and giving us all the tools to move forward on our Software Developing careers.
The speed of the course was fitted to the group and the teachers always made an effort to make sure none got left behind.
After finishing the bootcamp, the Coding Nomads team has been in constant contact with me, pushing me to keep coding, helping me build my resume and find job opportunities
Beyond the pure academical experience, joining Coding Nomads Bootcamp in Bali was one of the most amazing experiences of my life; by the end of the course both the teachers and my fellow campmates became my friends and when we were not coding, we had the incredible expericiences enjoying all the fun that a place like Bali can offer.
Work Hard, Play hard and Push it to the limit!
- A great experience- 1/6/2018Thomas Leruth • Student • Course: Java + SQL + AWS Intensive Bootcamp • Campus: Playa del Carmen • Verified via GitHub
CodingNomads is definitely a great experience. They take you to spot which is remote but at the same time very enjoayble to live at. This combo gives you the opportunity to switch off from your old routine and focus fully on learning. At the same time, the enviroment is amazing (I was in Playa del Carmen, MXN) which allows you to live pretty much stress-free. Ryan, the lead teacher, is highly experienced and good at spreading his knowleadge in a nice fashion. On her side, Kim, takes care of the details around the course which allows you to once again focus on learning.
Overall, I would gladly re-do this course. it was fun, I learned a lot, and it did not ruin my bank account. What more to ask?
- Playa del Carmen CodingNomads 2017- 1/1/2018Jialor Cheung • Software Engineer (in training) • Student • Course: Java + SQL + AWS Intensive Bootcamp • Campus: Playa del Carmen • Verified via LinkedIn
The CodingNomads bootcamp is one of the most unique and rewarding experiences in my life. Traveling to a foreign country and meeting new people from around the world with the common purpose of learning to code creates a common atmosphere that allows friendships to form over the struggle of learning to code. Before the bootcamp I was in the process of transitioning from one career to becoming a software engineer and the transition has been rough studying alone. The distractions of daily life or fatigue from being at work 8-10 hours a day can impede the ability to truly focus on coding. Struggling on your own learning to code can also leave a negative and overwhelming feeling. There were aspects of this bootcamp that I enjoyed as well as other aspects that I thought could be improved that I will discuss below.
Overall the experience was definitely rewarding. Kim and Ryan are two wonderful people who have the students interest always in mind. Their support in helping students can vary and is not limited to reassuring students that the overwhelming feeling of learning something new and vast will pass or you will get used to it, motivating students to push as much as they can when they can, spending extra time outside of class to help students who seek additional help, or even planning relaxing activities in the foreign country to help destress students at the end of the week and also not miss out on opportunities available in the country. I feel I learned a lot and am more prepared and motivated to move forward in the next step to becoming a software engineer.
A few things to note in my opinion:
- This is a bootcamp that is directed towards anyone who wants to learn but has no background knowledge of coding.
- The required preparation work before the bootcamp starts is important and will affect how well someone will progress through the course.
- It is not intended to land you a six figure salary after graduation.
- It still requires time and hardwork to be put in even after class and sometimes on the weekend depending on the situation.
- Keep your priorities straight. Be prepared to work hard so you can play hard and enjoy the country of your bootcamp on your off days.
- The more you put into studying and doing the assignments the more you will get out of the bootcamp.
- Sleep is sometimes more important than finishing the assignment because it will affect how much you will absorb the next day's information.
Aspects that I thought this bootcamp excelled in:
- Ryan, the instructor, is truly devoted to making sure everyone learns and is never stagnant. He will spend the time to make sure everyone understands the material before moving forward. If you are ahead he will have different assignments ready to keep you pushing forward in learning.
- The course material is not set it stone. If the class learns better with powerpoint presentations vs oral lectures vs a combination of both, the instructor will adjust the material to suit the class's need. If material in Java fundamentals is not as relevant due to the constant evolution of coding, it is noted by the instructor and relayed to the students.
- The curriculum being covered in class is relevant to skills required for current day job opportunities. Best practices in the industry are taught in class by the instructor based on his extensive experience in the industry prior to teaching.
- Being in the presence of other students who are learning/struggling just like myself promoted a camaraderie that extended past the classroom. Study sessions with other students outside of class or even relaxing together during downtime made the struggles of learning to code enjoyable and less alone. Everyone is feeling similar stresses, worries, struggles, etc. throughout the course.
- Studying abroad in a remote country helped remove day to day distractions and worries that would otherwise preoccupy a student's mind (speaking from my personal experience). This allows a student to really be focused on coding during the week and if needed weekends. Otherwise offdays provided an opportunity to experience the country and make amazing memories and life experiences. As noted above, make sure to keep your priorities straight when needed.
- Pricing of this bootcamp is a major plus that may affect which bootcamp future students will choose. The pricing of this bootcamp compared to others is roughly half if not less than half the price of other bootcamps. This is huge with regards to having the opportunity to join a bootcamp. Living in Mexico for this specific bootcamp reduced the cost of expenses even further during the stay of the onsite bootcamp which helped relieve monetary stresses. To me the price of this bootcamp also showed that the interest of this bootcamp was not about making money but about teaching potential future software engineers. This is just my opinion.
- The small class size allowed more one on one time with the instructor or TA if needed.
- Availability of the instructor extends past class hours. If I had questions I could message him at any time (within reason) and receive a response within minutes. If additional tutoring or studying sessions were needed he would make those available to us on the weekend. This availability is also offered beyond the scope of the bootcamp session.
- Job preparation and advice at the end of the onsite bootcamp was useful and informative. Assistance with these aspects extended beyond the onsite bootcamp timeframe as well as the offer of assistance past the entire bootcamp timeframe.
- The instructor is always open to suggestions on how to improve the course for future bootcamps. Constructive criticism is not shunned and solutions for improvement were welcomed. The comments for the selection below was voiced personally outside of class as constructive feedback for improvements for future bootcamps.
Aspects that I thought could be improved:
- A stricter enforcement towards class preparations before the beginning of the bootcamp. Our specific bootcamp spent a bit more time on Java basics to ensure everyone was on the same page but this caused other aspects of our learning to have less coverage towards the end of the bootcamp.
- Overlapping time coverage of the instructor, Ryan, and our TA, Caden, could have been separated out by a few hours. This would allow more one on one time exposure or in person interaction for students to take advantage of outside of lecture.
- One of the best decisions I've ever made!- 9/28/2017Daniel Kapitanov • Graduate • Course: Java + SQL + AWS Intensive Bootcamp • Campus: Koh Tao • Verified via LinkedIn
Choosing to attend CodingNomads' course in Koh Tao, Thailand was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It wasn't an easy decision to make, but it paid off completely! The teachers - Ryan and Kim are one of the most lovely people you'll ever meet and are always willing to go the extra mile for you and provide you with help and assistance for anything you might need. They make sure you have a great time not only in the classroom but also outside! Overall, the price to value ratio was amazing and the whole group learned an unbelievable amount of skills over the course of the 3 months. I was concerned that the environment might make it harder to study and concentrate, but it was actually the other way around, as the calm, sunny and beautiful atmosphere filled us with energy and helped us to work with motivation throughout the whole day. I definitely recommend!
- A Great Program with Great People- 7/16/2020Ben • Graduate • Course: Java + SQL + AWS Bootcamp in Bali • Campus: BaliNormally I would say that before and after comparisons are overdone but CodingNomads deserves one. The difference between how much I knew when I started this course and when it ended still surprises me and in my opinion the success I had in my bootcamp can be attributed to a few things very specific to CodingNomads.
#1 Ryan and his team are great instructors.
#2 The preceding online portion of the course is well put together and lets you dive into the more complicated / interesting topics when in person.
#3 Awesome course locations.
#4 The CodingNomads curriculum does not teach you every possible thing you have to know for to work as Java engineer, it gives you something much more valuable: you learn how to learn code. I figured how to ask google the right questions (somehow this makes a huge difference). I bookmarked a hefty list of websites during the class I now use regularly to help me solve problems.
I remember Ryan told us in the beginning of the course that he could not teach us everything there is to know about Java because it is constantly evolving, what he could teach us was how to keep up with that change.
#5 One on One help is always available if you need it.
#6 CodingNomads fosters a community among its students that really focuses on supporting each other and working together.
I also want to mention that even though it was unfortunate that the boot camp I participated in was cut short due to COVID-19, that Ryan and Kim worked very hard to migrate the whole course onto zoom (not an easy tasks when dealing with 3 different timezones and a deadline). I do not think other courses would have been as committed to their students as CodingNomads was.
Overall I had a great experience and so I want to thank the CodingNomads team for making that possible!
- Couldn't be happier- 1/31/2020Simon Kim • Software Engineer • Course: Learn Java Online • Campus: OnlineI'm a full time professional who needed an in-depth course to understand and learn Java. I've searched lots of online learning courses but I decided to choose CodingNomads and I can't be happier. I loved their learning platform which is top of the class and their willingness to revise it based on students feedback. I've learned basic concept of Java and how to apply it in real world. I'd recommend this course for not only the working professional but also for all students who are looking to start a new career in software engineering.
- Fantastic course- 9/26/2019Michael Stresing • Student • Course: Python Fullstack web development • Campus: Bali
Would highly recommend CodingNomads. As someone with no technical background, the focus on not only the programming concepts/languages themselves but also the framework of how to learn and grow was immensely helpful. Also, I found my personal mentor to be highly informative, interesting, and certainly made the course experience.
The private forum and slack also is a great source of inspiration and valuable for starting the journey.
- Wonderfull experience of coding- 7/29/2019Kaushik Pal • Graduate • Course: Learn Python Online • Campus: Online
I started my python online bootcamp with CodingNomads around the start of the year and i found the delivery mechanism very nice and lucid. Also the course content is really thoughful, touches the length and breadth of various topics. I have a amazing online mentor as Ras and had good and prompt offline support from Martin and rest of the crew.
Labs and projects( i am yet to finish) are challenging and make you think. Overall the program is above my expectation. Hopefully one day i can attend the onsite training as well.
I wish the whole team good luck for the future.
- A perfect step in my professional IT career- 7/22/2019Arno • Product Manager • Graduate • Course: Python Fullstack web development • Campus: Bali
This full-stack web development course was truly a great step for my professional career. And one of the best personal experiences! As a product manager I tried to pick up coding in the evening hours, however my demanding job didn't allow me to properly focus. I can recommend the CodingNomads course as it truly allows you to focus. Being pulled from your normal life is a huge contributor and truly makes the experience. The tutors Martin and Caden where amazing and dedicated their time completely, being fully dedicated to our development. If a student was behind on a topic, they would go out of their way to get them on track through one-on-one support.
The knowledge I gained during the course today helped me to move into a Product Owner role. It allows me to dive one level deeper into roadmap and refinement discussions working with the architects and team. Basically you’ll learn the general Python, SQL, AWS skills to be able to continue your learning yourself. Today it helps me to figure out e.g. developments in the FHIR domain.
As with every course, the more you invest the more you get out. If you do put in the effort, the support from the tutors is truly motivating and the content is pretty exciting.
Well-deserved 5-star rating!
- Student- 7/10/2019Blane Staskiewicz • Penn State Student • Student
Took the Online Python 3 course. The course really gets you familiar with python and what the language has to offer as well as APIs and Databases and projects to help build up your github, that I never learned in college. If you need to get the course complete for 500 in 4 weeks, it's doable. I'm a broke college student so I found this course at a low rate and after completeing it, it's really worth the money. Remote, user friendly course with a nearly 24/7 community of mentors and staff. A personal mentor that helps guild you through weekly calls and free to talk through Slack. Connection to Slack channels and the Forum, for questions, code reviews, interview help/practice questions and irl stuff like free tickets to RISE conference in Hong Kong this past summer. In the end worked with Twitter to filter tweets and make my own personal twitter bot. Overall worth the money and time, and now I will always be apart of a community of programmers. Shout out to Johnny, best mentor I ever had!
- A whole lot of fun!- 5/19/2019Robert • Graduate • Course: Python Fullstack web development • Campus: Bali
A big fat pro for this bootcamp is the location.
Obviously, learning how to code in a paradise like Bali is pretty cool. But additional to that, for me being out of my daily environment really helped me stay focused. Since I was so far away from my colleagues, friends and family (Netherlands) and we lived in different time-zones, I didn't get any distraction other then what I consciously chose. For me that meant long productive days during the week. The weekends I went out to explore the Island, which obviously is a good way of relaxing and getting energized again for the next, productive, week.
Another big fat pro are the instructors.
Martin and Caden are awesome. They will give you everything they have, with all their energy. Where needed they will adjust the program to your needs and supply you with additional materials. They know a lot! And when your interests take you places they don't know, they will explore it with you. Also besides class, we had a lot of fun. Having dinners or drinks together, exploring the area or playing some card games. They were always up for something. Also Roy, the instructor of the Java course should be mentioned here. Three awesome guys.
The organization and contact with Kim and Ryan also went smoothly. They set the right expectations, help you get settled in and are very much open for feedback. They will do anything in their power to make this the best possible experience for you. Thanks!
Ryan and Kim will also give you job support. I didn't need it, since I was already employed while during the course, but of what I saw was I would say it is worth 5 stars. They will give you very practical advice like how to set up your resume, but will also practice 1-on-1 or whiteboard interviews. Good stuff!
If you are looking for a course where you will master all the general Python skills and get a good general understanding of Web-development, look no further. After the course you are able to build pretty neat web-applications and throw them on the internet, accessible to anyone.
Just one small disclaimer: you are going to get just as much out of this bootcamp as you are willing to put in it. The work will not happen by itself, and they will not come and drag you to class. That, obviously, is your responsibility! :)