codingnomads-logo

CodingNomads

Bali, Barcelona, Koh Tao, Online, Playa del Carmen, Reno

CodingNomads

CodingNomads offers 10-week, full-time Java and Python bootcamps in travel destinations like Bali, as well as online self-paced coding bootcamps. CodingNomads helps students learn critical tech skills like Java, Python, Spring, SQL, Django, AWS, data science, and more. The full-time bootcamps are a combination of onsite and online portions to make them affordable for students around the world. CodingNomads' online programs teach Java and Python fundamentals, as well as foundations in SQL, databases and APIs. Online programs are either self-paced with lifetime access to course material, or students can sign up for mentor support on a monthly or 3-month basis. Students will learn from experts, gain the tools to work from anywhere and create meaningful life memories with their cohorts.

To attend an onsite travel course, students must first complete CodingNomads' online course as a prerequisite and pass a technical interview to ensure they are ready for the course. CodingNomads is aimed at students with all backgrounds.

By hosting international coding bootcamps at coworking spaces in different countries, CodingNomads enables students to invest in their careers while exploring the world. CodingNomads can assist students with affordable accommodation, airport pickups, and transportation needs in destination countries.

Recent CodingNomads Reviews: Rating 4.95

all (41) reviews for CodingNomads →

Recent CodingNomads News

Read all (5) articles about CodingNomads →
  • Java Engineering Career Track

MySQL, Git, DevOps, Linux, Data Structures, Algorithms, Java, SQL, MVC, GitHub, Data Engineering
    Become a professional Java Developer, and boost your career opportunities and salary with the most in-demand tech stack worldwide. This 6 month Career Track program includes our Java Programming and Spring Framework Courses. Our grads go on to become software engineers, project / product managers, data analysts, data engineers, entrepreneurs and more. In this you’ll build professional-grade software applications from scratch, and learn the practical skills needed in today’s jobs. Work with experienced mentors in a friendly, supportive and productive environment. Get intensive career support to find work that inspires you! For more info see: https://codingnomads.co/career-track/java-training-professional-java-developer
    Leif Income Share Agreements available to US citizens. Pay 50% during the course, and the rest after you get a job.
    Tuition PlansInstallments over 6 months
    ScholarshipSee http://codingnomads.co/scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience is required
  • Java Programming Course

MySQL, Git, Data Structures, Algorithms, Java, SQL
    Want to learn Java for your job, university, or a career change? This part-time 3 month course teaches practical engineering skills that are used daily by professional developers. Learn skills that can be used in any industry and in various career roles. Work with mentors and a community who get to know you personally, and care about your progress. Complete on your own schedule with various affordable enrollment options. Start learning Java for free: https://platform.codingnomads.co.
    Tuition PlansSee our site for enrollment options: https://codingnomads.co/courses/learn-java-online/
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience is required. This course is ideal for absolute beginners, and/or coders who are new to Java.
  • Python Programming Course

MySQL, Git, Algorithms, SQL, Python, REST
    Want to learn Python to build your own projects, become a professional developer, or get into data science? This part-time 3 month course teaches practical engineering skills that can be applied to various industries and job roles. Learn to build scripts and applications with CodingNomads’ fun, project-based curriculum. Work with mentors and a community who get to know you personally, and care about your progress. Complete on your own schedule with various affordable enrollment options. Start learning Python for free: https://platform.codingnomads.co.
    Tuition PlansSee our site for enrollment options: https://codingnomads.co/courses/python-bootcamp-online/
    ScholarshipSee https://codingnomads.co/scholarships/
    Minimum Skill LevelThis course starts from scratch and is fit for absolute beginners to coding, and/or coders who are new to Python.
  • Python Web Development Career Track

MySQL, HTML, Git, JavaScript, Django, CSS, DevOps, Data Structures, Algorithms, Front End, SQL, Python, GitHub
    Learn the skills you need to become a professional fullstack Python web developer. Build a portfolio of custom-built projects that you are proud of. Learn strong computer science skills that enable you to tackle any software challenge thrown your way. This 6 month Career Track program includes our Python Programming and Django Web Development Courses. Our grads go on to become software engineers, project / product managers, data analysts, data engineers, entrepreneurs and more. Work with passionate mentors in a friendly and supportive environment. Get intensive career support to find work quickly. For more info see: https://codingnomads.co/career-track/professional-python-web-development-course
    Leif Income Share Agreement for US citizens
    Tuition PlansSee site for enrollment options: https://codingnomads.co/career-track/professional-python-web-development-course
    ScholarshipSee http://codingnomads.co/scholarships
    Minimum Skill LevelNo experience is required.
  • Great staff
    - 6/11/2020
    Ian  User Photo
    Ian • Graduate Verified via GitHub
    I had a great time with the CodingNomads team, a friendly and helpful bunch of people! I learned a lot and got involved in the online community on the forums. It has been an enriching experience. They will do their best to point you in the right direction so that you can solve the problem for yourself. They are always improving, adding things to their platform and adjusting the material to adapt with the changing world.  Having a mentor to check in with is also extremely motivating.
    The course is well distributed and touches on everything you might need. Setting up your coding environment, basic python, advanced python, CLI, REST-APIs, SQL and even a short segment on deploying on AWS. Its a great springboard to initiate your own journey with python.
  • Aaron Bigelow  User Photo
    Aaron Bigelow • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
    I had an amazing experience as part of a small cohort in Thailand in 2017. The Java course was challenging, at times confusing, and meandered at a few points, but, Ryan was always there to guide me through the learning process and always made himself available if I needed extra help on certain parts of the course. Ryan is a great coach and mentor. This experience was so much more than just a coding boot camp, however. Living on a small island and experiencing a new culture was awesome. My classmates were fantastic and we had a great time together in class as well as adventuring, dancing, hiking, and so many more fun things! The experience was not without some mishaps and blunders, but both Ryan and Kim were amazingly supportive throughout our time together. I learned a lot about coding, but I also learned a lot about myself and can't recommend this experience to other people enough!
  • Firas Abdulhasain  User Photo
    Firas Abdulhasain • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Get dragging out of your comfort zone learning in the most comfortable experience and place on earth!

CodingNomads provided a thoroughly immersing experience into the world of coding. For someone like me who was not familiar with anything beyond a 'windows pc fixing' level of IT, it meant going through a steep learning curve. The learning provided an understanding of the fundamental concepts of coding, hands-on practice in the very structured online course with personal remote mentor as a starting point.

My personal reflection on the full experience is that the more time and energy you spend on the online course, the faster you follow the fastpaced exciting tasks during the on-site boot camp. Taking a good 6 to 8 weeks for the online part will get you places with Python and SQL.

Once the on-site boot camp starts, the excitement of the owners, organisation, teachers, and fellow students reaches boiling point. In warm Bali with an incredibly warm-hearted CodingNomads team, no time is needed to break ice nor bread. It is incredible how good of a connection is made with the other students, who in a majority are very likeminded and have similar aspiration for joining this boot camp.

With tropical temperatures outside, you will be spending most of the weekdays in a cool classroom with heated discussions, inspiring lectures and many practical assignments. Assignments that take shape as you progress into the boot camp. The build-up starts with simulating simple tasks that demonstrate the basic principles of Python, before moving into building code for your very own web apps. Approximately a full week is spent on web app development to go through conceptualising, building, testing, refining and going through the rabbit hole of bugs and errors that is inevitable during coding. Depending on popular demand, other subjects are discussed as well. Our cohort was interested learning about Python for Data Analysis and machine learning algorithms, which were catered for in a few days of the boot camp. After the on-site part of the course, you are left with a month of intense support in your own 'capstone project'. That's personal support from your teacher and mentors on your own coding project. A time where, based on your interests and aspired app, you are able to put all the elements of the boot camp together to design, build and launch your own web application.

Outside class, expect a lot of fun times - if you take the leap of faith to opt-in - exploring all the best food places, bars, clubs, waterfalls, trips and pools. The more fun you bring in, the more fun you get out of it.

I strongly recommend the CodingNomads Python Fullstack web development boot camp. It provided me with a thorough understanding of coding and IT principle, Python as a new (coding) language to me, and a new group of friends from across the world.

Ironically, I am writing this quite positive review after 'complaining' myself to the CodingNomads team that I could only find very positive reviews before signing up. Ofcourse, nothing in life is perfect, that includes this boot camp. Yet, having the right mindset and agility compensates for a lot of improvement points. The CodingNomads team has been very receptive to on-the-spot feedback by us on wanting or needing more time for certain topics, certain assignments, or certain topics of interest related to Python. This agility of the CodingNomads team makes any of their boot camps a great choice for anyone who is intrinsically motivated to start learning to code, as long as you put in your heart, mind and soul into learning and having fun along the way.

What are you waiting for? Jump in the CodingNomads adventure while you can!

Yours truly,

A very happy CodingNomads graduate.

• Simon blackburn  User Photo
    Simon blackburn • Strategy Consultant • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I attended the Python bootcamp in Bali in fall 2019. Having never coded in my life I was nervous about signing up to a bootcamp, having no idea what to expect, and no idea whether I'd take to the coding world. The course was split into 3 sections: an online course to get up to speed, a classroom element where we were taught and challenged by an amazing instructor, and finally a project with Skype support. This setup suited me well as I was keen to travel but also keen to code, and I was able to do both at the same time!

Right from the off I felt like I could go to the CodingNomads guys for anything. My tutor during the online course phase spent as much time as it needed for me to understand a concept. The classroom phase felt more like an ecosystem than a bootcamp. Multiple ways in which the tutors supported us. We had an incredible teacher who broke very complex problems down in ways we could all understand. The owners were always on hand to lend support, encouragement, and even ran yoga sessions after class! Finally one of the advantages of attending such a course is the people you meet; they all became another invaluable source of support, particularly on the intensive days when we covered a LOT of ground and solving problems together was very much needed!

We covered a lot of topics during the course: web apps, data structures, machine learning, data science etc. The course would therefore be suitable to someone looking for this wide base of knowledge.

I'd recommend this course for anyone looking to learn a language in a fun but intensive way. However I'd also caution to make sure you invest the time up front, in really doing the online course justice. I signed up late (my fault), and was occasionally distracted by travelling fun. One week into the classroom course I realised I would have gotten even more from it if I had spent more time coding before arriving in Bali. I invested a total of 105 hours in the online prep, I'd recommend doing more than this!

Thanks to everyone at CodingNomads and my fellow students for an incredible experience

• Robert Meredith  User Photo
    Robert Meredith • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

I was looking for a Python bootcamp and had some specific criteria. I wanted Python only. I also wanted a mix of online and onsite due to family commitments and having failed to get far with online only courses before. This combination proved nearly impossible until I spotted the Coding Nomads Bali bootcamp.

I had a great experience. The pre onsite course with weekly mentoring sessions worked really well to get me to a reasonable level before the onsite. I then travelled to Bali and had a great month at the onsite. The instructor was fantastic. The venue was fantastic. And the travel experience was an added bonus. The pace of the onsite was pretty frenetic. It’s definitely not an easy option. It was extremely hard work!

Once I had returned to the UK I worked on a project which consolidated my knowledge and can definitely say that the whole experience exceeded my expectations. Though Coding Nomads is a small business the organisation is excellent and I would thoroughly recommend the experience to anyone looking for this combination of teaching styles.

• Amazing Experience
    - 7/26/2019
    alp  User Photo
    alp • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Java technologies are such a wide environment that you can easily get lost by yourself. It is impossible to master at Java, Spring, AWS in 16 weeks. But Codingnomads has a great curriculum that gives you the essential technical skill to develop and deploy a Java project. Most valuable is you will have the ability to learn and master any technology you want BY YOURSELF!

Instead of drowning by long lectures we were coding all day long with the support of instructor Roi. Instead of giving all the information, he made us to find and use the information which is the most important skill for coding.

Course location is another great advantage for learning coding. We had our lectures in Ubud/Bali which is heaven in the earth. It is safe, cheap, has a good vibe and easy life. Coworking space selection is perfect. Combination of these factors provides you such an amazing environment and motivates you very well. In my experience, I have never felt exhausted from working for long hours. I can easily say that the environment of the Ubud/Bali and Outpost coworking space gave me that motivation.

I always feel that i am a friend of The Codingnomads team instead of their customer. They have the mentality that want to become a network that both helping people about coding and finding a job. Kim & Ryan put their effort to motivate people for job searching and meet their students with job recruiters they know.

Please note that nobody can guarantee you to learn coding and find a job unless you put effort. If you have the motivation to work hard I can easily recommend you to join Codingnomads.

• Excellent
    - 5/28/2019
    Daniel  User Photo
    Daniel • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I quit my job in February to get involved in the Python Bootcamp in Bali and it was an amazing experience !

I tried to learn coding on my own before. It was kind of overwhelming to know which direction to follow by myself and felt like a really lonely activity.

Joining the bootcamp kept me motivated thanks to excellent teachers and a great student atmosphere.

I learned a great deal, from Python, to the Django framework, to deployment on AWS.

It gave me a strong coding basis and I now feel confident that I can learn more on my own and execute ideas by myself.

It’s also great for getting a sense of the many things that are possible to do in Python (web scrapping, data analysis, machine learning…) and exploring them.

Ryan and Kim, the founders, are super helpful from getting you onboard to guiding you all the way to finding a job after the camp. Plus they are amazing human beings with a great life story :)

The teachers Martin and Caden are very supportive and dedicated to your success. If you put in the amount of work they will put in extra effort to help you on whatever project or field you want to explore, on top of the common course. They made this camp enjoyable and productive and I cannot thank them enough for this.

Finally, my co students were inspiring and a pleasure to work with. I made strong friendships and going trough the course with them was key to stay motivated and share knowledge.

The cherry on the top here is Bali. This island is magical and exploring it after each week of hard work is an absolute delight.

It gives you wonderful break times before going back to coding, and being even more productive.

All in all, I think it is clear that I strongly recommend Coding Nomads for anyone who wants to start learning Python Programming and explore a whole new world of possibilities !

• Andrea  User Photo
    Andrea • software engineer • Student Verified via GitHub

This bootcamp was an amazing experience! Ryan and Kim helped with everything (interviewing and negotiating jobs at the end of the bootcamp in particular). My class was small and I basically had one-on-one time with our amazing teacher or TA whenever I needed it. My class was the first one that Roi taught but he took to it really well. It was evident that he really really cared about how much we learned and enjoyed teaching us. At the end of the in-class portion I had created a great project for my resume (with tons of help from Roi and Trevor). Then we built a second project as a group during the at-home portion of the course. Large projects like these were very helpful when it came to job hunting later on. Getting out of my daily routine by traveling to a different country helped me focus on learning. The added bonus of scuba-diving and other tropical adventures made the overall experience so much better than I could have imagined!

It took about 2 months of hard work after the bootcamp was over before I got a full-time job as a software engineer but Ryan was there every step of the way. His advice and help were irreplaceable. Every time I sent a message to Ryan or Roi they responded immediately and were beyond helpful. I hands down recommend CodingNomads for anyone wanting to land their first software job and have an incredible time doing it!

• Laura  User Photo
    Laura • Data Scientist • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I just finished the Python Bootcamp in Barcelona and highly recommend Coding Nomads. As an experienced data analyst, I figured Python was a good next step towards data science (plus I wanted to travel!) - now I feel confident this was the right step for me!

Our instructors, Martin and Caden, were not only knowledgeable but so supportive, they were willing to adjust based on each of our needs and I truly felt that they cared for our success. I see them more as mentors now, which is awesome to have this relationship. The group was also very inspiring to me - most of us coming from different paths but determined to learn Python.  We had a lot of fun together on our weekend outings, developed a "team" feeling and I have learned something from every person!

I just wish I could do it all over again with their next course - Python & Java side-by-side training sounds like best of both worlds!

• Patrick Vargos  User Photo
    Patrick Vargos • Graduate Verified via GitHub

When taking prep courses for a few other bootcamps in Chicago, I felt that I was just another number in the system. I’ve always had a passion for travel, and this led me to search for bootcamps abroad. After finding codingNomads, I reached out for more information and was immediately put in contact with Kim and Ryan, who were more than helpful! They were extremely flexible with setting up times to talk about the course, and answered any questions I had. This was a common theme once I was enrolled as well. CodingNomads personalized support is unmatched!

I decided to join the program, and packed my bags for Barcelona. I was greeted the first night by our instructors, Caden and Martin, and they could not have been more hospitable.They set up a welcome dinner for the entire class, which was a great way to start the course. Even more impressive than how incredibly nice both of them were, was how knowledgeable they were. The course was fast paced and can be rigorous at times, but they were there everyday to make sure no one was left behind. It was by no means easy, but with their help it was more than doable. I would never have imagined learning as much as I did while enrolled in this course.

Lastly, the people (both students and instructors) in the course were a blessing I never anticipated. I went there to learn to code, which I did, but during that time I also gained a group of friends that I plan on staying in contact with forever. We hiked the coast of Northern Spain, ate tapas on Friday nights after class, even enrolled in exercise classes together. Now everyone in our course is back at home(U.S., Denmark, Saudi Arabia, just to name a few), but we still have weekly video calls to help one another out with code, or sometimes just for friendly checkins.

• Rasmus Groth  User Photo
    Rasmus Groth • Founder • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I decided to go with CodingNomads after thoroughly researching coding boot-camps for the best Python options in terms of curriculum, timing, quality of the facilities, teachers and support staff. Kim was beyond professional and also let a dedication and devotion to her team shine through.

Once I was signed up, Kim and Ryans team, Caden and Martin came on stage.

It was clear from the start that Caden was going to drive us to success with his friendly yet ambitious coaching and leadership from the day I signed up and that Martin with his  enthusiastic and optimistic style and incredible skill had put incredible effort into the course material which was well structured, friendly, upbeat and super-useful on all levels.

Caden and Martin are both natural educators and did an incredible job of getting us from n00bs to actual Python developers the six weeks - but they also drove the flock in a way that made us come together as a team and friends. Their enthusiasm for nature-outings on the weekends, outings into the Barcelona nightlife, Crossfit and many other little supportive efforts made us feel like we were all star players in the NHL getting special treatment. Kim helped find an wonderful apartment for myself and two other guys seven minutes walking distance from the fantastic Betahaus co-working space. The apartment turned out to be a great place for informal late-night hackathons, card-games and class gatherings.

This is the third last day of the course and I am left in awe of the fact that I am actually now capable of building the complex trading platform I have set out to do. Not only that, but I have a bunch of new friends that you would normally only get after spending years together in college.

I can't wait for my next CodingNomads trip!

• Ashley  User Photo
    Ashley • Graduate Verified via GitHub

Tahoe local here!
    I can't say enough good things about this course, friendships made and awesome adventures.
    I originally signed up for the class since it was the only one in my area and I'm so glad I did! From meeting class mates from all over the world to a fun class environment; it was absolutely perfect. Even during a few weeks of online work before our physical class began there was always someone online and available to answer questions or get past a sticky spot (and I'm talking 11:30 at night available).
    Ryan is a fantastic teacher and can explain even the most difficult concepts into basic understanding (I'm looking at you, "Big O"). The overall flow of the course was perfect; from starting online for a few weeks, the physical class for 2 months (June/July) and online again for August to work on our final project. It was also a perfect balance of learning new concepts in the morning, break for lunch and then most afternoons were spent doing challenges or projects based on what we learned. The class size was also great for collaborating together and getting experience of working with a team and also the ability to work solo. The class itself moved at a very fast pace, but Ryan always made sure everyone was on the same page before moving on to new topics. The class also had a great sense of camaraderie and was more than willing to help one another out if in a pinch (this coming from a relatively shy girl, too!).
    Long review short; SIGN UP! JUST DO IT! It'll be the best few months of your life!
    I only regret not doing one of these classes remotely; which, I can't wait to sign up for another class again and continue learning, all while seeing other cool places around the world.