we-can-code-it-logo

We Can Code IT

Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Pittsburgh

We Can Code IT

We Can Code IT is a full-stack software development bootcamp with campuses in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, offering a 14-week in-person program, and a 16-week online and in-person program called FlexCode. The Cleveland in-person program has a focus on C# / .NET, while the Columbus in-person and FlexCode programs focus on Java. All programs cover Javascript, HTML5, CSS3, MVC, Structured Query Language (SQL) and more.

We Can Code IT prepares students for software development careers with their Career Difference program, which helps students with career development from day one.

Founded by 20-year software engineering veteran Mel McGee, We Can Code IT's mission is to promote diversity and inclusion in technology. They offer grants that are applied towards tuition if you are a member of an underrepresented group in tech.

Recent We Can Code IT Reviews: Rating 4.63

all (78) reviews for We Can Code IT →

Recent We Can Code IT News

Read all (21) articles about We Can Code IT →
  • C# In-Person Bootcamp

C#, CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, .NET, Scrum, SQL, Agile, GitHub, Quality Assurance Testing, React.js, REST
    LocationCleveland
    C# In-Person Bootcamp
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee and$50 background check fee.
    Financing Available through SkillsFund/Affirm, ISA options, VA, and so many more.
    Tuition PlansMultiple financing options including grants and scholarships! See https://wecancodeit.org/pricing/ for more information.
    Refund / GuaranteeIf it's not right, we'll make it right!
    ScholarshipUp to $2000 for EVERY student who is underrepresented in tech, low-income, or has been affected by COVID-19. See https://wecancodeit.org/pricing/ for more information.
    Minimum Skill LevelMust know computer basics like typing, using the internet, etc. Must pass entrance assessments and interviews.
    Prep WorkInterested in seeing if coding is right for you? We offer free preparatory sessions via email and online training. See https://wecancodeit.org/prebootcamp/ to get started!
    January 10, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by January 03, 2022
  • Full-time Nationwide Remote Coding Bootcamp

Agile, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, Java, JavaScript, MVC, Quality Assurance Testing, React.js, REST, Scrum
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Akron, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh
    Full-time Nationwide Remote Online Java Full Stack Coding Bootcamp By working in a simulated remote work environment as a full-stack Java software developer, you will emerge from the We Can Code IT Coding Bootcamp with skills to start a remote (or in-person) career in web development, software development, software test-engineer, QA, and related highly-stable, and high-paying fields! The benefit of our unique collaborative approach, the Korda Method of training, is that you have a natural head start over other graduates as you’ll be completing projects as if you were working in the field! Build Your Future With We Can Code IT Throughout your software development education, you’ll learn job skills that will last a lifetime. Your student success coach will work with you to discover your strengths, learn your passion, and communicate these to employers through resume-building, Linked In networking, interviewing skills, personal branding, and more! SOFTWARE & WEB DEVELOPMENT LANGUAGES Learn modern implementations of Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Object-Oriented programming, APIs, REST along with supporting languages and tools! REMOTE SOFTWARE TEAM SKILLS Our expert GitHub trained educators will guide you through Git and GitHub to share your code and project status with teams. You’ll learn to use tools like Slack to communicate with your team and share ideas. Online conferencing with recorded workshops will allow you to see your teammates and instructors easily. Google Jam Board will help you ideate together. Other pair-programming tools, and remote sharing tools will be utilized so that you have a full understanding of how best to collaborate with teams online. . AGILE PRACTICES Test-driven development, pair-programming, and Scrum are at the heart of our working paradigm. Clean coding practices start in week one. Unlike other colleges or coding bootcamps, we teach you the best techniques so that you develop solid software development practices that will put you ahead of the pack, and last a lifetime! PORTFOLIO BUILDING Develop your software and web skills while working on problems and projects, ultimately giving you a portfolio of work! CAREER SERVICES We help over 90% of our career-seeking graduates start new careers within 6 months of graduation!
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee and$50 background check fee.

January 10, 2022 - Detroit Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Pittsburgh Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Columbus Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Akron Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by January 03, 2022
  • Java In-Person Coding Bootcamp

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, SQL, Git, Front End, Scrum, Agile, GitHub, MVC, React.js, REST
    LocationColumbus
    Java In-Person Coding Bootcamp
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee + $50 background check

January 10, 2022 - Columbus Apply by January 03, 2022
  • Part-time Nationwide Remote Coding Bootcamp

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Scrum, SQL, Agile, GitHub, MVC, React.js, REST, Product Management
    Start Date October 08, 2021
    LocationCleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Akron, Cincinnati
    Part-time Nationwide Remote Online Java Full Stack Coding Bootcamp We've perfected the part-time program since 2015 to meet the needs of non-traditional students who have jobs, families, and obligations outside of school but still want to change careers quickly! Part asynchronous through our award-winning curriculum's learning modules, and part synchronous via real-time online "code jams" where you build projects with your teams every other weekend, you'll learn to build full-stack software and web applications over the course of 22-weeks! By working in a simulated remote work environment as a full-stack Java software developer, you will emerge from the We Can Code IT Coding Bootcamp with skills to start a remote (or in-person) career in web development, software development, software test-engineer, QA, and related highly-stable, and high-paying fields! The benefit of our unique collaborative approach, the Korda Method of training, is that you have a natural head start over other graduates as you’ll be completing projects as if you were working in the field! Build Your Future With We Can Code IT Throughout your software development education, you’ll learn job skills that will last a lifetime. Your student success coach will work with you to discover your strengths, learn your passion, and communicate these to employers through resume-building, Linked In networking, interviewing skills, personal branding, and more! SOFTWARE & WEB DEVELOPMENT LANGUAGES Learn modern implementations of Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Object-Oriented programming, APIs, REST along with supporting languages and tools! REMOTE SOFTWARE TEAM SKILLS Our expert GitHub trained educators will guide you through Git and GitHub to share your code and project status with teams. You’ll learn to use tools like Slack to communicate with your team and share ideas. Online conferencing with recorded workshops will allow you to see your teammates and instructors easily. Google Jam Board will help you ideate together. Other pair-programming tools, and remote sharing tools will be utilized so that you have a full understanding of how best to collaborate with teams online. . AGILE PRACTICES Test-driven development, pair-programming, and Scrum are at the heart of our working paradigm. Clean coding practices start in week one. Unlike other colleges or coding bootcamps, we teach you the best techniques so that you develop solid software development practices that will put you ahead of the pack, and last a lifetime! PORTFOLIO BUILDING Develop your software and web skills while working on problems and projects, ultimately giving you a portfolio of work! CAREER SERVICES We help over 90% of our career-seeking graduates start new careers within 6 months of graduation!
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee + $50

October 08, 2021 - Columbus Apply by September 24, 2021
    October 08, 2021 - Detroit Apply by September 30, 2021
    October 08, 2021 - Pittsburgh Apply by September 30, 2021
    October 08, 2021 - Akron Apply by September 30, 2021
    October 08, 2021 - Cincinnati Apply by September 30, 2021
    October 08, 2021 - Cleveland Apply by September 24, 2021
  • Anonymous • Software Engineer I • Graduate

I knew I needed a new career path and wasn't sure the route to take to get there. After attending an information session for We Can Code IT, I knew I had to attend to get the skills I needed for a career I could be passionate about.

The most helpful part of the whole process is the staff at We Can Code IT. From the CEO to the office staff to the instructors, everybody is there to assist you in getting the most for your time and money.

The instructors were especially amazing. They are all from very different backgrounds, and through their combined experience, experiences, positive attitude, and dedication to making certain that each student gets what they need to be successful.

Also be sure to schedule time with Career Services to make the most of your opportunities. The Career Services team has all the tools to give you the confidence it takes to successfully navigate the post-boot-camp world of job hunting.

I recently received my first offer that I gladly accepted exactly one month out of the boot camp, and I could not be more satisfied with the results of the whole experience.

• Anonymous • Software Engineer I • Student

Though I commend WCCI`s attempt at serving the Northen-Ohio area, I feel that they are a mediocre bootcamp. Don`t get me wrong, the cirriculum is up to date and challenging, but there are things about the bootcamp that left me unsatisfied. For one, their statistics are bloated and slightly misleading. If you do a quick search on LinkedIn, you`ll see that most of their graduates are still looking for work 3-6 months after attending the program. Yes, there are some outliers, which they proudly tout on ther homepage, but the majority of attendees are still looking for meaningful employment. Another thing I noticed was that the majority of these success stories are people of middle-class Caucasian descent - particularly Caucasian women. Next, I`d like to give my take on the instructors. Although they are wonderful people, I think that many of their instructors lack industry experience. Yes, Mel and Jarrod have extensive industry knowledge, but most of the others are former graduates which is alarming. Are they having trouble hiring experienced instructors? Is this a rentention issue? Etc. Lastly, like many bootcamps these days, its hard to know whether or not job assistance actually works. If the majority of your students are still looking for gainful employment 1 2 3 and 4 months after graduation, can you really say that your bootcamp was worth it? If you look at Course Reports stats for 2016, 75% of students found a job after 90 days and 89% of students found a job after 120 days. These are staggering stats, especially after the time and money spent. Honorable mention: the assessment test is a joke and their should be prep work before the bootcamp, because it would help students build students build stronger projects/portfolios down the line. Also, supplement your bootcamp experience with online tutorials (eg. FreeCodeCamp, Udacity, Treehouse, Odin Project) because alot of the daily instructions is basic lectures and slides. About me: I am a self-taught developer that had a novice understanding of frontend prior to attending. Knowing what I know now - would I attend WCCI again? No. Mainly because with a little discipline and time, I could of did it myself. I think thats whats so attractive about bootcamps, its a quick fix for the undisciplined and fearful. If you do decide to attend a bootcamp eventually, research research research! Ask for annual reports, talk to every student you can, etc. Good luck.
  • An Honest Review
    - 12/1/2016

Here is an honest review guys: I'm sure you have seen all the 5-Star reviews and though it was all fake, becasue it is. The Bootcamp was well taught but the instrusctors kept switching and our class skipped through a lot of material because of the instructors. We went through 3 different Instructors and they kept switching off and on.

The job part: The do promise to get you jobs, but in reality, they fail to accomplish. They often make up numbers to please the students and prospective students to make them sign up. The truth is, These coding bootcamp cant get everyone coding jobs. Realistically only 50% of the people got jobs.

Overall: This is a honest scam, in the sense they do teach most of the skills but dont really get you the jobs they promise.

Response From: Leslie Evans of We Can Code IT
    Title: President
    Thursday, Dec 22 2016
    Dear Anonymous,  We Can Code IT is intentional about equipping our students and preparing them to strategically navigate the job search process.  We are pleased to provide professional resume services, professional headshots for LInkedin, & a dedicated Chief Career Strategist who is available to meet with every student on a regular basis and who provides in-classroom content in addition to daily web check-ins.  You are correct that coding bootcamps "can't get everyone coding jobs".  Coding bootcamps can not force students to avail themselves of all of the career services provided.  We Can Code IT has an extensive employer network and our employers are eager to interview our students.  Our stated placement rates are accurate. Students are advised to follow the recommendations offered throughout bootcamp in order to secure their desired position.  We encourage you to contact us directly so that we may be of assistance to help you find the job in tech you were trained to perform.  We do offer a MONEY BACK GUARANTEE and are eager to work with you to determine how we can be of assistance.  Please reach out to me directly at Leslie@wecancodeit.org
  • Thankful
    - 9/8/2016

The environment Mel and her team have created at We Can {Code} IT is one of unending support and encouragement. The constant reassurance and willful instillation of confidence in each of us was more than enough motivation to tackle the presented challenges and classwork on a weekly basis. The members of the team at WCCI are positive, energetic, and knowledgeable and I am so grateful for their willingness to share those talents with students.

• WCCI
    - 6/16/2016

Amazing classmates, instructors, and overall experience. Truly life changing. If you have tried to learn to code on your own before, you won't believe what you'll be able to do coming out of this program. And just like the other reviews say, the people are really what make this school special. There is always someone there for you, whether what you need is help with your code or just a good laugh. When you're trying to learn as much as you can about a new field in 3-5 months to begin a new career, this kind of support is priceless!