we-can-code-it-logo

We Can Code IT

Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Pittsburgh

We Can Code IT

We Can Code IT is a full-stack software development bootcamp with campuses in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, offering a 14-week in-person program, and a 16-week online and in-person program called FlexCode. The Cleveland in-person program has a focus on C# / .NET, while the Columbus in-person and FlexCode programs focus on Java. All programs cover Javascript, HTML5, CSS3, MVC, Structured Query Language (SQL) and more.

We Can Code IT prepares students for software development careers with their Career Difference program, which helps students with career development from day one.

Founded by 20-year software engineering veteran Mel McGee, We Can Code IT's mission is to promote diversity and inclusion in technology. They offer grants that are applied towards tuition if you are a member of an underrepresented group in tech.

Recent We Can Code IT Reviews: Rating 4.63

all (78) reviews for We Can Code IT →

Recent We Can Code IT News

Read all (21) articles about We Can Code IT →
  • C# In-Person Bootcamp

C#, CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, .NET, Scrum, SQL, Agile, GitHub, Quality Assurance Testing, React.js, REST
    LocationCleveland
    C# In-Person Bootcamp
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee and$50 background check fee.
    Financing Available through SkillsFund/Affirm, ISA options, VA, and so many more.
    Tuition PlansMultiple financing options including grants and scholarships! See https://wecancodeit.org/pricing/ for more information.
    Refund / GuaranteeIf it's not right, we'll make it right!
    ScholarshipUp to $2000 for EVERY student who is underrepresented in tech, low-income, or has been affected by COVID-19. See https://wecancodeit.org/pricing/ for more information.
    Minimum Skill LevelMust know computer basics like typing, using the internet, etc. Must pass entrance assessments and interviews.
    Prep WorkInterested in seeing if coding is right for you? We offer free preparatory sessions via email and online training. See https://wecancodeit.org/prebootcamp/ to get started!
    January 10, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by January 03, 2022
  • Full-time Nationwide Remote Coding Bootcamp

Agile, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, Java, JavaScript, MVC, Quality Assurance Testing, React.js, REST, Scrum
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Akron, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh
    Full-time Nationwide Remote Online Java Full Stack Coding Bootcamp By working in a simulated remote work environment as a full-stack Java software developer, you will emerge from the We Can Code IT Coding Bootcamp with skills to start a remote (or in-person) career in web development, software development, software test-engineer, QA, and related highly-stable, and high-paying fields! The benefit of our unique collaborative approach, the Korda Method of training, is that you have a natural head start over other graduates as you’ll be completing projects as if you were working in the field! Build Your Future With We Can Code IT Throughout your software development education, you’ll learn job skills that will last a lifetime. Your student success coach will work with you to discover your strengths, learn your passion, and communicate these to employers through resume-building, Linked In networking, interviewing skills, personal branding, and more! SOFTWARE & WEB DEVELOPMENT LANGUAGES Learn modern implementations of Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Object-Oriented programming, APIs, REST along with supporting languages and tools! REMOTE SOFTWARE TEAM SKILLS Our expert GitHub trained educators will guide you through Git and GitHub to share your code and project status with teams. You’ll learn to use tools like Slack to communicate with your team and share ideas. Online conferencing with recorded workshops will allow you to see your teammates and instructors easily. Google Jam Board will help you ideate together. Other pair-programming tools, and remote sharing tools will be utilized so that you have a full understanding of how best to collaborate with teams online. . AGILE PRACTICES Test-driven development, pair-programming, and Scrum are at the heart of our working paradigm. Clean coding practices start in week one. Unlike other colleges or coding bootcamps, we teach you the best techniques so that you develop solid software development practices that will put you ahead of the pack, and last a lifetime! PORTFOLIO BUILDING Develop your software and web skills while working on problems and projects, ultimately giving you a portfolio of work! CAREER SERVICES We help over 90% of our career-seeking graduates start new careers within 6 months of graduation!
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee and$50 background check fee.

January 10, 2022 - Detroit Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Pittsburgh Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Columbus Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Akron Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by January 03, 2022
  • Java In-Person Coding Bootcamp

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, SQL, Git, Front End, Scrum, Agile, GitHub, MVC, React.js, REST
    LocationColumbus
    Java In-Person Coding Bootcamp
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee + $50 background check

January 10, 2022 - Columbus Apply by January 03, 2022
  • Part-time Nationwide Remote Coding Bootcamp

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Scrum, SQL, Agile, GitHub, MVC, React.js, REST, Product Management
    Start Date October 08, 2021
    LocationCleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Akron, Cincinnati
    Part-time Nationwide Remote Online Java Full Stack Coding Bootcamp We've perfected the part-time program since 2015 to meet the needs of non-traditional students who have jobs, families, and obligations outside of school but still want to change careers quickly! Part asynchronous through our award-winning curriculum's learning modules, and part synchronous via real-time online "code jams" where you build projects with your teams every other weekend, you'll learn to build full-stack software and web applications over the course of 22-weeks! By working in a simulated remote work environment as a full-stack Java software developer, you will emerge from the We Can Code IT Coding Bootcamp with skills to start a remote (or in-person) career in web development, software development, software test-engineer, QA, and related highly-stable, and high-paying fields! The benefit of our unique collaborative approach, the Korda Method of training, is that you have a natural head start over other graduates as you’ll be completing projects as if you were working in the field! Build Your Future With We Can Code IT Throughout your software development education, you’ll learn job skills that will last a lifetime. Your student success coach will work with you to discover your strengths, learn your passion, and communicate these to employers through resume-building, Linked In networking, interviewing skills, personal branding, and more! SOFTWARE & WEB DEVELOPMENT LANGUAGES Learn modern implementations of Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Object-Oriented programming, APIs, REST along with supporting languages and tools! REMOTE SOFTWARE TEAM SKILLS Our expert GitHub trained educators will guide you through Git and GitHub to share your code and project status with teams. You’ll learn to use tools like Slack to communicate with your team and share ideas. Online conferencing with recorded workshops will allow you to see your teammates and instructors easily. Google Jam Board will help you ideate together. Other pair-programming tools, and remote sharing tools will be utilized so that you have a full understanding of how best to collaborate with teams online. . AGILE PRACTICES Test-driven development, pair-programming, and Scrum are at the heart of our working paradigm. Clean coding practices start in week one. Unlike other colleges or coding bootcamps, we teach you the best techniques so that you develop solid software development practices that will put you ahead of the pack, and last a lifetime! PORTFOLIO BUILDING Develop your software and web skills while working on problems and projects, ultimately giving you a portfolio of work! CAREER SERVICES We help over 90% of our career-seeking graduates start new careers within 6 months of graduation!
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee + $50

October 08, 2021 - Cleveland Apply by September 24, 2021
  • Love it
    - 9/10/2016
    Jaclyn Noga • Programmer/ Analyst • Graduate

I made the decision to attend We Can Code IT during a pivotal period of my life. I was disillusioned from the college experience after not finishing my bachelor's degree in civil engineering. I was working two food service jobs to stay afloat. Then, I took a chance on We Can Code IT. We learned C#, .NET, JavaScript, SQL, HTML/ CSS, and MVC in a hands-on classroom. I am still in awe of how much Mel cares about each student. It still makes me so happy to think about the classroom. I loved learning from Mel and Lauren in particular. They really invested a lot of effort into making sure than no student was left behind. Also, all of my classmates were amazing. Three months after graduating, I still talk to people. And it was so helpful to rely on my classmates for support during the treacherous job hunt. But my education from We Can Code IT really worked. I accepted a position as a programmer a little over 2 months after graduating. I whole heatedly endorse We Can Code IT. It seriously changed my life for the better. The only negative that I want to comment on is that for my cohort the curriculum changed a lot based on how we were responding to the material. If you're someone who can't handle ambiguity, this may not be for you.

• Unforgettable
    - 7/11/2016
    Erica Sommer • Graduate

I graduated with the full-time Spring 2016 cohort. We Can Code It was one of the best experiences of my life and I miss it. I am currently looking for a job; I am confident that I will land one soon. There are not many careers left where a person can think that.

WCCI is remarkable. They are dedicated to improving their curriculum and methodologies. While the instructors rip through material, they maintain a very clear feedback loop with the class. They work extremely hard to make sure that the students have every opportunity to master the material. As a result, there are no gentlemen's C's; you have to earn the grade.

I felt that the only time the program felt a bit loose was when we started working on HTML/CSS. Based on feedback from previous cohorts they were trying a more project-oriented approach. It was a bit too freeform, in my opinion. When we plunged into javascript and jquery things tightened back up, though.

I unreservedly recommend WCCI.

• Doug O'Bryon • Managing Director • Graduate

I was a member of the June 2016 graduating class of We Can {Code} IT, located in the sprawling StartMart space in Tower City in downtown Cleveland.

After having worked in "Big Data" research and strategy for several years, I enrolled to learn more about the "small data" which underpins the technologies powering contemporary machine languages - enabling queries and pattern recognition on large data sets.

By the end of the intensive We Can {Code} IT boot-camp, I had a solid foundation in C#, .NET, HTML, CSS, SQL, MVC, BootStrap, GitHub, Responsive Design, and some jQuery and JavaScript.  I found the leadership to be passionate about helping our class understand the course content, and preparing our cohort for success in various new roles within software development continuum.

• Rachel Ross • Software Engineer I • Graduate

I quit a secure full-time job of 18 years in order to go to We Can Code It. I immediately came out with a job better than the one I quit to go to school. I am not saying my "results are typical" but this is a school that REALLY cares about its students. Teachers were available online to help on evenings and weekends, and they would help one on one if you need it, in extra sessions, they really want to see the students succeed. Mel McGee is the one whose vision is really felt all through the school. She is a tireless and enthusiastic powerhouse always encouraging, but never giving you fluff. You have to work to make it through this course, and the teachers won't let you slack off. I highly recommend this. The only reason I gave the curriculum 4 stars is that we didn't really use all the books I purchased. But that's just a tiny quibble. The curriculum is always changing to meet with the needs and wants of local employers - isn't that a fantastic and proactive way to do it? Please talk to the instructors and learn more if you are interested in WCCI. It's a great place, and I have made some fantastic contacts and friendships there - and a new career.

• Graduate of WCCI
    - 6/16/2016
    Mary Winkelman • Graduate

On my way home from the first day of my bootcamp at We Can Code IT, I marveled at how much I liked everyone. I've been a student all my life, and while I have always been enthusiastic about learning, I never LIKED school and I had never been in a class where I liked all my classmates. I immediately noticed that the atmosphere at We Can Code IT was different from what I was used to; instead of an atmosphere of competition I found one of collaboration. There were about twelve students in my cohort, and while we came from a wide variety of professional backgrounds, we had a common goal that put us all in the same position: at the beginning of a long path towards what seemed like a near-impossible destination. That goal was to go from complete novices at computer programming to junior developers, in six months. The support we received from both the instructors and our fellow students enabled us to achieve this goal. One of the wonderful things about learning in such a supportive environment (and in-person) is that when you feel discouraged (that, “maybe you’re just not cut out for this”) instead of quitting you go to your classmates or your instructors and get the encouragement and information you need to stay the course. One of the many strengths of WCCI is that it helps break stereotypes that discourage women and minorities from pursuing IT careers by demonstrating that we really CAN be successful in this field, despite not being encouraged in that direction early on. I whole-heartedly recommend We Can Code IT to anyone looking to participate in a coding bootcamp.

• Super Awesome
    - 6/16/2016
    Lexus • Technology Analyst • Graduate
    Attending this bootcamp was the best decision of my life. It was really great. Amazing staff who was caring and really helpful. I really enjoyed myself and met some amazing people. I recommend this bootcamp for anybody who is looking to get into technology or is in technology but wants to code. Everybody is really helpful and friendly. The environment is AMAZING!! You will love this bootcamp.
  • Cynthia Gonzales • Graduate

Being a recent graduate from the We can Code It Boot Camp my experience with the camp was very motivating and positive.  Ther insrtuctional staff, and support staff were always available to help you along throughout the camp.

The environment where we attended boot camp is very comfortable, with access to the StartSMart to study at any time.

With my educational experience this program is well worth it. It's educational infrastructure is based on your commitment an completion of the program. WCCI also assist with employment when you are coming close to graduation. change.

WCCI is commited to the success of every single student. I would recommend WCCI to any one who is looking to enhance there career or make a change.

• WCCI
    - 6/15/2016
    Sirahn • Junior Software Developer • Graduate
    I can't say enough about We Can Code IT. This bootcamp experience was far more than I had bargained for. As a student in my early 30's with a family, life definitely had a way of standing in front of my goal. I had a professional background in business and was looking to change careers. The nurturing atmosphere that the WCCI staff had provided, made this impossible task POSSIBLE. Taking this bootcamp was not easy by any stretch of the imagination, you will work. The patience and persistence of everyone around me helped me realize my goals. This experience not only taught me a great deal about programming, but it taught me a great deal about life. I honestly can't imagine any other bootcamp is as focused on building each student as WCCI was. I really treasured my time with the students as well as the instructors. This will change your life, it undeniably has changed mine. I will soon find a position as a junior developer and I will have WCCI to thank for that. I have been equipped with more than enough tools to take life by the horns. Thank you WCCI, money well spent indeed.
  • Poonam • Graduate

I am a recent graduate of the full time We Can Code IT bootcamp. I am very pleased with my overall experience with the program. Before joining the bootcamp, I was hesitant because I did not have a background in IT; however the WCCI team made me feel very comfortable throughout the entire program. The program was very challenging, but the instructors had a natural ability to make sure we understood the course material. There were several projects that were assigned to us during the bootcamp, and our instructors helped us along with every step. My experience, from start to finish, has been very positive and I would recommend this program to anyone considering it. Apart from the instructors, I have made long lasting friendships that I will cherish forever.

• Anonymous • Boot camp student • Student

We Can {Code} IT has been a life changing opportunity for me. Having worked in one field for almost a decade, I never dreamed of working in software engineering. When I decided it was time for a career change, I found out about We Can {Code} IT. I met with one of the co-founders and was thrilled at the opportunity that the program would provide.

I am currently enrolled in the program, and it is exceeding all of my expectations. The staff are knowledgable and kind. I feel valued and important. The instructors make sure that everybody's voice is heard. I am learning things that I never thought I could understand. We have already started receiving job assistance, and some of my classmates are already on their way to a new career.

Comparing We Can {Code} IT to other similar programs, I found that this program was significantly more affordable. Some people seem to believe that one can teach one's self to code for free online, but the experience that the We Can {Code} IT team brings to the boot camp puts the coding skills into a useful context. Things are explained in-depth in an easy-to-understand way. The cohort (the group of us who are in the program together) is constantly finding ways for us to support each other and help each other learn.

Enrolling in We Can {Code} IT was one of the best decisions I've ever made. It has boosted my confidence, lit the fire of a new passion within me, helped me learn about myself, and has started to give me a brand new set of skills that will help me launch a successful and exciting career.

I am a graduate of We Can Code IT and I can tell you that it changed my life. I have a Masters in Engineering, but was not passionate about the jobs I had. I took this bootcamp in the hope that I could find something that I enjoyed doing and that is exactly what happened. Not only did I learn a great deal, but the class was very engaging. However, it was also fast paced and rigorous. I graduated and now I am using my new skills in a job that I love!

• Indira • Graduate

We Can Code IT offered me a great oppurtunity to feel more empowered in the work that I was doing. I came in as a teacher and mostly planned on learning code to teach students, but relized that I wanted to commit to a career change to tech and am happy with my decision. I liked that I got to learn coding in the part-time cohort, meet other like-minded people, and learn to use code to support causes I already cared about, like education and social justice. Through the program I not only recieved a job offer within a month of graduation, but I also still get to work with the program with their K-12 programs.