we-can-code-it-logo

We Can Code IT

Akron, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Pittsburgh

We Can Code IT

We Can Code IT is a full-stack software development bootcamp with campuses in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, offering a 14-week in-person program, and a 16-week online and in-person program called FlexCode. The Cleveland in-person program has a focus on C# / .NET, while the Columbus in-person and FlexCode programs focus on Java. All programs cover Javascript, HTML5, CSS3, MVC, Structured Query Language (SQL) and more.

We Can Code IT prepares students for software development careers with their Career Difference program, which helps students with career development from day one.

Founded by 20-year software engineering veteran Mel McGee, We Can Code IT's mission is to promote diversity and inclusion in technology. They offer grants that are applied towards tuition if you are a member of an underrepresented group in tech.

Recent We Can Code IT Reviews: Rating 4.63

all (78) reviews for We Can Code IT →

Recent We Can Code IT News

Read all (21) articles about We Can Code IT →
  • C# In-Person Bootcamp

C#, CSS, Front End, Git, HTML, JavaScript, .NET, Scrum, SQL, Agile, GitHub, Quality Assurance Testing, React.js, REST
    LocationCleveland
    C# In-Person Bootcamp
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee and$50 background check fee.
    Financing Available through SkillsFund/Affirm, ISA options, VA, and so many more.
    Tuition PlansMultiple financing options including grants and scholarships! See https://wecancodeit.org/pricing/ for more information.
    Refund / GuaranteeIf it's not right, we'll make it right!
    ScholarshipUp to $2000 for EVERY student who is underrepresented in tech, low-income, or has been affected by COVID-19. See https://wecancodeit.org/pricing/ for more information.
    Minimum Skill LevelMust know computer basics like typing, using the internet, etc. Must pass entrance assessments and interviews.
    Prep WorkInterested in seeing if coding is right for you? We offer free preparatory sessions via email and online training. See https://wecancodeit.org/prebootcamp/ to get started!
    January 10, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by January 03, 2022
  • Full-time Nationwide Remote Coding Bootcamp

Agile, CSS, Git, GitHub, HTML, Java, JavaScript, MVC, Quality Assurance Testing, React.js, REST, Scrum
    LocationColumbus, Cleveland, Akron, Cincinnati, Detroit, Pittsburgh
    Full-time Nationwide Remote Online Java Full Stack Coding Bootcamp By working in a simulated remote work environment as a full-stack Java software developer, you will emerge from the We Can Code IT Coding Bootcamp with skills to start a remote (or in-person) career in web development, software development, software test-engineer, QA, and related highly-stable, and high-paying fields! The benefit of our unique collaborative approach, the Korda Method of training, is that you have a natural head start over other graduates as you’ll be completing projects as if you were working in the field! Build Your Future With We Can Code IT Throughout your software development education, you’ll learn job skills that will last a lifetime. Your student success coach will work with you to discover your strengths, learn your passion, and communicate these to employers through resume-building, Linked In networking, interviewing skills, personal branding, and more! SOFTWARE & WEB DEVELOPMENT LANGUAGES Learn modern implementations of Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Object-Oriented programming, APIs, REST along with supporting languages and tools! REMOTE SOFTWARE TEAM SKILLS Our expert GitHub trained educators will guide you through Git and GitHub to share your code and project status with teams. You’ll learn to use tools like Slack to communicate with your team and share ideas. Online conferencing with recorded workshops will allow you to see your teammates and instructors easily. Google Jam Board will help you ideate together. Other pair-programming tools, and remote sharing tools will be utilized so that you have a full understanding of how best to collaborate with teams online. . AGILE PRACTICES Test-driven development, pair-programming, and Scrum are at the heart of our working paradigm. Clean coding practices start in week one. Unlike other colleges or coding bootcamps, we teach you the best techniques so that you develop solid software development practices that will put you ahead of the pack, and last a lifetime! PORTFOLIO BUILDING Develop your software and web skills while working on problems and projects, ultimately giving you a portfolio of work! CAREER SERVICES We help over 90% of our career-seeking graduates start new careers within 6 months of graduation!
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee and$50 background check fee.

January 10, 2022 - Detroit Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Pittsburgh Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Columbus Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Cleveland Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Akron Apply by January 03, 2022
    January 10, 2022 - Cincinnati Apply by January 03, 2022
  • Java In-Person Coding Bootcamp

CSS, HTML, Java, JavaScript, SQL, Git, Front End, Scrum, Agile, GitHub, MVC, React.js, REST
    LocationColumbus
    Java In-Person Coding Bootcamp
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee + $50 background check

January 10, 2022 - Columbus Apply by January 03, 2022
  • Part-time Nationwide Remote Coding Bootcamp

CSS, Git, HTML, Java, JavaScript, Front End, Scrum, SQL, Agile, GitHub, MVC, React.js, REST, Product Management
    Start Date October 08, 2021
    LocationCleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Akron, Cincinnati
    Part-time Nationwide Remote Online Java Full Stack Coding Bootcamp We've perfected the part-time program since 2015 to meet the needs of non-traditional students who have jobs, families, and obligations outside of school but still want to change careers quickly! Part asynchronous through our award-winning curriculum's learning modules, and part synchronous via real-time online "code jams" where you build projects with your teams every other weekend, you'll learn to build full-stack software and web applications over the course of 22-weeks! By working in a simulated remote work environment as a full-stack Java software developer, you will emerge from the We Can Code IT Coding Bootcamp with skills to start a remote (or in-person) career in web development, software development, software test-engineer, QA, and related highly-stable, and high-paying fields! The benefit of our unique collaborative approach, the Korda Method of training, is that you have a natural head start over other graduates as you’ll be completing projects as if you were working in the field! Build Your Future With We Can Code IT Throughout your software development education, you’ll learn job skills that will last a lifetime. Your student success coach will work with you to discover your strengths, learn your passion, and communicate these to employers through resume-building, Linked In networking, interviewing skills, personal branding, and more! SOFTWARE & WEB DEVELOPMENT LANGUAGES Learn modern implementations of Java, HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Object-Oriented programming, APIs, REST along with supporting languages and tools! REMOTE SOFTWARE TEAM SKILLS Our expert GitHub trained educators will guide you through Git and GitHub to share your code and project status with teams. You’ll learn to use tools like Slack to communicate with your team and share ideas. Online conferencing with recorded workshops will allow you to see your teammates and instructors easily. Google Jam Board will help you ideate together. Other pair-programming tools, and remote sharing tools will be utilized so that you have a full understanding of how best to collaborate with teams online. . AGILE PRACTICES Test-driven development, pair-programming, and Scrum are at the heart of our working paradigm. Clean coding practices start in week one. Unlike other colleges or coding bootcamps, we teach you the best techniques so that you develop solid software development practices that will put you ahead of the pack, and last a lifetime! PORTFOLIO BUILDING Develop your software and web skills while working on problems and projects, ultimately giving you a portfolio of work! CAREER SERVICES We help over 90% of our career-seeking graduates start new careers within 6 months of graduation!
    Deposit$125 Registration Fee + $50

October 08, 2021 - Cleveland Apply by September 24, 2021
  • Don't Do IT
    - 3/10/2017
    RICHARD JONES • Student

If you are disabled or a minority or part of an underserved population do not I repeat attend this class. I am a disabled veteran and humiliated by an instructor and when I complained I was expelled from the program.  I was also told by the President of the school that because I received public funding I was not their customer "Ohio Means Jobs is our customer"

That was entirely out of line. Ohio Means Jobs told me that I should be afforded the same respect and dignity as someone who paid using their own funds

I was expelled and given no due process. If they are willing to treat a disabled veteran ( The President of the School also commented ..."My husband is a veteran..so what)

I have filed over a dozen complaints regarding this matter and will provide copies of emails and all documentation to any prospective student. I'm a former investigative reporter in Cleveland and worked for a major tv news station here and I have requested volumes of public records regarding this program and will also share that info. Please keep in mind at the time I was expelled I had a GRADE AVERAGE OF 99 PERCENT. Black students especially contact me before going anywhere near this place. RichardJones5@me.com

• Brad Kilkenney • Systems Test Engineer Associate • Graduate

I've always had a love for technology, but had very little exposure to coding, or people working in the development field growing up. In We Can Code IT, I found the perfect catalyst to dive right in, instead of just dabbling in my free time.

The success of the program in measured in no small part by the success of it’s students. So, you can rest assured that WCCI is invested in you learning the skills necessary to find a high quality job in the IT field.

I would not hesitate to recommend this program to anyone who wants to learn programming, and who doesn’t shy away from a challenge.

• Rick • Software Engineer I • Graduate

Taking this course was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The course work was clear and concise. The instructors were all incredible, both from their knowledge of the subject matter, and their passion to teach. And it doesn't end at graduation. The folks in Career Services are with you every step of the way, in the search for a new career. With their help, I was able to dive into a new career within weeks of graduating.

• Worth It!!!
    - 2/19/2017
    Jason S. • Graduate

I moved to Ohio to attend We Can Code It during the Fall of 2016 and it was definitely worth it! Anybody could enroll into this boot-camp, regardless if you don’t have any experience with programming. They do offer grants for some students if they fit the requirement which is helpful to some. My friend recommended me to go to a coding boot-camp because it was an alternative route of going to college, she was totally right about that! Depending on which campus you attend, Cleveland or Columbus, the campus will teach you the fundamentals of C# and .Net (Cleveland) or Java(Columbus). The instructors were kind and helpful to me and to the other students as well. We learned about what essentials of being a full-stack developer like C#, .Net, HTML, CSS, jQuery, SQL, and many more. It was definitely a fast pace learning environment which may be tough for some but as long as practice, study, and keep up with the lectures, you’ll be fine. Anybody that has the interested with technology and wants to change their life, I would definitely recommend We Can Code It

• Prince • Application Developer • Graduate
    I joined the 2016 accelerated 3 month program June of 2016 after my father told me about it. I had been trying to teach myself to code hoping to change careers. We Can Code IT took me from hoping to doing! Despite utilizing a number of resources my transition was very slow on my own, but the program provided the structure, guidance and expert staff to make my transition a reality. Many people have asked what's the biggest difference between teaching myself and joining the camp. My answer is, before I was hoping to become a software engineer and now I am one! Any one can learn to code but without the expert guidance and support of We Can Code IT I'd likely still be randomly taking different online courses with no clear path to employment. Instead, the guidance of the WCCI staff and the support of my cohort-mates I am starting a new career as a software engineer for JP Morgan Chase! If you are truly committed to becoming a software developer, and putting in the work to better yourself and your career prospects, I highly recommend We Can Code IT. Their expert staff, curriculum and ever-expanding relationship with employers are invaluable and can give you the training, support, and credibility you need to change your entire life trajectory!
  • Overall Thoughts
    - 12/2/2016
    Nichole Pulley • Student

Today was my graduation day and I can comfortably say that this course was not perfect but it was well worth it.

I have had the pleasure of getting to know 16 other talented individuals over the past 12 weeks. We learned a full stack from HTML and CSS to C# and .NET. This course is what you make it and is a direct reflection of your effort. The instructors are incredibly supportive and accomodating.

Yes, the instructors did change but not due to turnover but rather because a co-worker of theirs went on paternity leave. I think it is important to understand that while I thrive on consistency myself life does happen whether it is convenient or not for others.

Consider it and then sign up!

• 5 Stars for me!
    - 11/1/2016
    Cameron Robinson • Social Media and Marketing Associate • Graduate

This is a really good program. In the bootcamp you go through and learn full-stack development in the .NET framework. Specifically it's building web applications through an ASP.NET MVC framework. It's fun but also very technical. There are times where you may think that it isn't for you and there are times when you feel so thrilled that your code compiled correctly after an eternity of errors. It'll come to be the norm in your new career.

Pros:
    Amazing network of classmates who are all on pretty much the same level as you. There is a great incentive to work together and you develop a good network for after you finish your program of lots of people will soon be in the IT field as well.

Supportive instructors. The people who are teaching you are definitely there for you and want you to understand the material. They really have a passion to see you under programming.

Popular languages. Go type in C# or Java on a search board. Those jobs are in demand right now. And you learn the front-end aspect as well. Knowing both looks very good on paper and better when you can prove it.

Bonus learning materials. This is toward the end of class but you are certainly encouraged to learn more and the instructors point you in directions you might want to go in depending on what liked the most.

Help with job placement. While no place can 100% guarantee you a job, they do their best. Custom resume write-ups, interview coaching, LinkedIn skills, smart job searching. You get soft skills to help you outside the class along with your new coding skills.

Cons:

Time Constraint. This is quite a large amount of material that you go through during a short duration. Be prepared to be stressed because it will happen.

Imposter Syndrome. There will be times during and after the class when you feel like you haven't learned enough. To be frank, get over that. You can't let that get in the way of something you enjoy doing.

No hand holding. There will be a lot that will not be covered during of the class concerning .NET and C# as well as the front-end stuff. This is a lifelong commitment to learning and you are going to have to be the initiator in your learning. The instructors are wonderful and will teach you a lot but you are going to have to learn to teach yourself as well. There were plenty of times in the class where students were encouraged to make presentations about what they taught themselves on their own time and during projects, it will be mostly your fellow classmates that you communicate with.

The learning curve. You're first language is going to have a steep curve and there are going to be a lot of things that seem obnoxious. But believe me when I say that every language you go and learn by yourself after that is a breeze in comparison.

Overall, I think it's a great class. Don't let the rigor scare you off. It's totally doable and very rewarding and even fun!

• Awesome
    - 10/18/2016
    Dion Jackson • Application Developer • Graduate
    3 month Software Engineering boot camp
  • Holly Rhodes • Graduate

I changed careers from hairdresser to coder. I went in with limited knowledge and came out a programmer. The staff is very helpful and supportive. I would recommend to anyone wanting to enter the tech field.

• Joan Mayer Campbell • programmer/analyst • Graduate

I enrolled in a .net full-time coding bootcamp to update my computer programming skills.The instruction was engaging and gave me confidence in my ability to use C# and SQL, HTML/CSS, javascript, .net MVC, Object Oriented Programming, Agile and GitHub. The homework and weekend projects reinforced the instruction with relavent projects. Because of this instruction and the good reputation of this organization, I was able to get a great job one month after I graduated. I thoroughly enjoyed the 12 weeks and I would recommend this program to anyone who wants instruction in the latest coding languages and methodologies in a short timeframe.

• Great Experience!
    - 9/17/2016
    Cierra • Mobile Developer • Graduate

We Can Code IT was a great experience. I moved all the way from Maryland to Cleveland to attend the bootcamp that I felt was the best fit for me.

My classmates became kind of like a family, as WCCI encourages an environment of collaborative learning, as opposed to competition. The instructors are all top quality. They are highly knowledegable, and also highly emotionally intelligent; a rare combination to find. Because of these attributes, the instructors were able to not only teach, help troubleshoot, and to answer our questions, but also to deal with the rollercoasters of emotions that the students may have been going through, considering that the bootcamp could be stressful at times.

What I took away from WCCI was a great sense of confidence. The confidence that I could really be a programmer/developer, and that I could take the skills that I learned at WCCI to the job market and earn a good living.

I landed a job about a week after graduation, after weeks and weeks of applying relentlessly to jobs online, and speaking with companies and recruiters. WCCI provided a great deal of job assistance (including representatives from companies coming to speak to us, and a career day at graduation) and career advice. I ended up finding a job outside of Ohio, but I still feel that I benefited from the career guidance/assistance.

I am grateful for the WCCI experience, and I wish the best to all of the summer 2016 cohort, and to whoever is reading this right now!

• Juan • Applications Programmer • Graduate

I decided to attend We Can Code IT after carefully reviewing, applying, interviewing and visiting a few bootcamps in the Cleveland area. From the moment I talked to their staff and visited their facility I knew it was the right choice for me.

Cleveland, like every other major city in the US is experiencing a revival and comeback of its downtown so I really enjoyed going to class every day.

Their staff has three qualities (among many others) that were very important to me: They are extremely knowledgeable. They are very good at teaching what they know to students with different kinds of backgrounds and experience. They care about their students’ future and quality of life. Plus they make an effort to support diversity in tech by offering scholarships to minorities, women and households earning under $47,500/year.

They did an amazing job at preparing me for a job in tech. Everything I learned was exactly what was listed as “required skills” for every job I applied. Their career services were very helpful. Their staff assisted students with everything from reviewing resumes and cover letters, to practice interviews and personally taking the time to talk to potential employers about their students. The last three weeks were especially exciting. I not only made a web app with my group to present to employers on career day but I interviewed with a few companies and accepted an offer from Progressive as an Applications Programmer before I even graduated, earning a great salary and great benefits. Quitting my job and attending We Can Code It completely changed my life. In fact, I wish I did it sooner. I strongly recommend We Can Code IT to anyone who is looking for a new career as a Software Developer.