we-can-code-it-logo

We Can Code IT

Cleveland, Columbus

We Can Code IT

We Can Code IT is a full-stack software development bootcamp with campuses in Cleveland and Columbus, Ohio, offering a 14-week in-person program, and a 16-week online and in-person program called FlexCode. The Cleveland in-person program has a focus on C# / .NET, while the Columbus in-person and FlexCode programs focus on Java. All programs cover Javascript, HTML5, CSS3, MVC, Structured Query Language (SQL) and more.

We Can Code IT prepares students for software development careers with their Career Difference program, which helps students with career development from day one.

Founded by 20-year software engineering veteran Mel McGee, We Can Code IT's mission is to promote diversity and inclusion in technology. They offer grants that are applied towards tuition if you are a member of an underrepresented group in tech.

Recent We Can Code IT Reviews: Rating 4.63

HTML, Git, C#, JavaScript, .NET, SQL, CSS, Front End, Scrum
    Cleveland
    C# In-Person Bootcamp
    Financing Available
    $1,000 Diversity Grant if you are a woman, African American, Hispanic, or Native American.
    Must know computer basics like typing, using the internet, etc. Must pass entrance assessments and interviews.
    We suggest all students try programming out for free prior to joining us. Codecademy.com is a great place to start. You can also sign up for our email coding series at WeCanCodeIT.org.
    September 3, 2019 - Cleveland

• FlexCode Rocks!
    - 1/21/2019
    Lisa  User Photo
    Lisa • eLearning Developer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended We Can Code IT's FlexCode program after trying to teach myself to code (and then being unsatisfied with my progress). The FlexCode program let me learn at my own pace with modules done on my own time online, and meet with classmates and the instructor every other weekend. It really was the best of both worlds! Working on a team for our final project taught me teamwork and reinforced good source control practices, too. I studied and worked on projects while taking care of my kids, without any big changes to their routines, which was a big plus for me.

The instructor was patient and available for questions and problems pretty much all the time. He clearly loves teaching and helping students. The career services counselor had great advice and was so supportive, even after I graduated. The program helped me with my resume, interviewing, portfolio, and even set up some visits from local employers. This personal attention and mentorship really helped me succeed.

I landed a great job about a month after I graduated, as a direct result of networking organized by the school. We Can Code IT helped me move from stay-at-home-mom to developer! I highly recommend it.

• Siddiqa   User Photo
    Siddiqa • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I pondered attending a bootcamp for a very long time and after attending an orientation session at We Can Code IT, I made up my mind. I initially joined the part time program, which was switched to the FlexCode Hybrid Program. That switch was a lifesaver. The coursework was rigorous, and I have no idea how I would have been able to attend classes in the evenings during the work week while working full time and caring for a baby. The cohort was the first to go through the flexcode program and there were a few minor issues that were ironed out along the way. Everyone was very open to not just listening to feedback, but implementing it immediately. The instructors were knowledgeable and encouraged us to figure out a problem ourselves. The curriculum touched on all the topics required to graduate as a full-stack developer and, most importantly, the curriculum was tailored to the way companies nowadays approach development.

The career service was great as well, from resume reviews, to mock interviews, to constantly forwarding and announcing job openings, opportunities and events.

I thought that after graduating, the attention would all be on the next cohort and I would not get the support that I had when I was at the bootcamp. I was wrong. I had reached out to We Can Code IT for very specific documentation required by my employer for tuition reimbursement. Not only did I get a response, but they worked with me to get said documentation which met all the criteria.  After We Can Code IT, I have had more interviews than I had in all my time job-searching. I landed a job a month after graduating. If you are enthusiastic about code and are willing to put in the hard work, attending We Can Code IT is really worthwhile.

• Susan  User Photo
    Susan • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

My experience was positive overall, and I graduated with a full-time job as a Software Engineer. There were 20 people in my cohort when the program started and 19 graduated. It was diverse group of students in terms of professional backgrounds, but I was one of only four women when the program concluded. I chose We Can Code IT because its mission of “Equity through technology” aligned with my values. I think it would be nice to have a presentation about the need for diversity and inclusion in technology as part of the curriculum for students, especially for those who may not have chosen the program specifically for the inclusion aspect. That presentation would be beneficial in most workplaces and other bootcamps, as well.

The instructors were great – really informative, always available, and willing to help. The curriculum was relevant to what I have been doing in my career. I think the Java focus is good for the Columbus job market. I work with someone who graduated from another bootcamp in the area at the same time as me. Comparing our knowledge and instruction received, it seems almost equivalent. So, We Can Code IT definitely teaches competitively when stacked up against other bootcamps. Also, the scholarship offered to women in minorities made it the more affordable choice in the area.

My one suggestion would be in terms of the career development program. My professional background is as a Technical Recruiter. So, I have a decent amount of experience in the IT Job industry market, which may be why this was where I saw the most need for expansion. The current program is good, but the job pipeline seems to be heavily with a select few companies. I think having a career meet-up day prior to graduation with more companies could be useful networking for students. I know the Columbus campus hired a new full-time career coach since my experience. So, they are already making strides. I would definitely recommend We Can Code IT!

• Glad I Did It
    - 10/9/2017
    Cindy Colucy  User Photo
    Cindy Colucy • Software Engineer • Graduate Verified via GitHub

We Can Code IT was a chance I am glad I took. It was definitely intense and all the advice recommending to put your life on hold for the 12 weeks is definitely on point. It's a wild ride but for me it paid off.

• Emmanuel  User Photo
    Emmanuel • Systems Engineer • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

I attended WCCI - Columbus Campus, i was in Java full time Cohort

I'm glad i made a choice to join WCCI, it was a great experience and the best decision i have ever made. The instructors were awesome they made sure they answer every single question and move on when everybody is on the same page, Staff members were very proffesional, they provided us with every single resources they could get, my favourite was having Speakers (people who had been on the tech industry for a long time talking about their experience and gave advice on how we could catch up in the industry and they would answer all of our questions we had), Career services was great not only to make sure everybody is getting ready for interviews but also connecting with the employers and recruiters coming to talk to us and we had an opportunity to showcase what we have achieved and how potential we were in the industry. Im glad i made this decision i had my first offer exactly one week after graduation, thanks WCCI for making this possible.

• James Sayers   User Photo
    James Sayers • Software QA I • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn
    I was very happy with program. By going all in on everything I was taught at We Can {Code} It I was able to get a great job just over one week after graduation. The program provides a great foundation for the understanding of full-stack software development and provides the skills to locate needed information for a given situation. That being said, and this will be true for the rest of your career in tech, it's up to you to be enthusiastic about technology and dive as deep as you possibly can into the material because you will never stop learning in this field. This program is the beginning of your career in tech. I utilized the skills and techniques learned from career services to land my first job in software, and I do not have a a 4 year degree.
  • Glad I did it.
    - 3/18/2017
    Stephen  User Photo
    Stephen • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

We Can {Code} IT has a very solid program that provides both the skills and knowledge to start working as a developer along with the assistance in searching for a position.

They don’t just teach how to program but also how to find answers and solve problems. The weekly projects reinforced what was taught. Often when the project was assigned it would seem very difficult but it would always prove that I was learning. The final three week project taught time management and team work skills.

The career search assistance was just as valuable. This went beyond assistance with resumes, LinkedIn and interview skills but confidence building and self awareness.

The instructors and staff want you to succeed and are available for assistance to even outside of normal hours and after graduation.

- 1/26/2019
    Shane • IT Apps Developer Assoc. • Graduate

We Can Code IT is a fantastic program to help get a career in software started. You will learn many things about how to be a successful developer. The flexcode program also teaches you skills on how to manage your own work without someone looking over your shoulder all the time. You are responsible to make sure your work is done during each section of the course. The instructors are very knowledgable and friendly. The administrative staff is also involved and will help you in any way they can.

Post bootcamp is where to real work starts. Learning how to code is one thing, finding a job and applying yourself to the industry is another. The bootcamp will set you up with many opportunities to do well, but ultimately it is up to you to take the correct steps and go on the interviews and speak to that recruiter for the company you want to work for.

If you are a self motivated person and want to really learn a new skill and break into a new industry I strongly recommend this bootcamp. They will give you all the tools you need to succeed.

• Joshua Echt • Graduate

As a former journalist and editor, I've always wondered how company names are created.

When I first heard of this school, I was confused by the title: We Can Code IT, and I kept wondering why IT was all-caps. Did they forget a copyeditor? Did their caps lock get stuck in the down position? But then I realized it was a reference to the Information Techology industry.

And it's an industry that I'm now proud to be a part of, thanks to the learning tools and skills I gained in my 14-week cohort at the school. I left journalism and editing because I wasn't being challenged enough, so my accountant told me about coding schools in February 2018. One of his clients went to WCCI and successfully transitioned from a botany major to tech developer.

That spring, I looked at rival bootcamps and while they were just as qualified as WCCI I felt like I was just a number. So I ultimately signed on with WCCI and went through the admissions process in August. I started the Fall Full-Time Cohort on Sept. 4. The school has locations in CLE and Columbus and I chose the Columbus campus, nestled in a lovely brick upstairs office in Old North Columbus.

Note: There are two options--the full-time cohort, which meets M-F from 930-330--or FlexCode, which meets on weekends twice a month, as well as in-person sessions with instructors during one weekday. Columbus classes use the Java language, while Cleveland classes use the .NET language.

The classwork was very challenging. The first few weeks were spent in a console app, Eclipse, and then we transitioned into building projects through Springboot MVC and the Gitbash command line system. Eight weeks were spent on core Java, and the remainder of the class was spent on React/Javascript, some HTML/CSS5 and a day on SQL. We focused on test-driven development and pair programming throughout as well.

The last three weeks of the class were spent on the final project. Our 14-person class was split into three teams and we worked on building practical, functional apps with cross-functionality. The app my team built was a cooking timer application, and we presented it to employers at Demonstration Day on 12/14.

Throughout the class, we also met with Lacey N., who was our Career Services manager. She was extremely helpful in our weekly sessions regarding job interview preparation, and I credit her with helping me land a job three days after graduation, making about 16% more in salary than my previous job. She taught us job skills that progressively built on each other--not unlike how we learned coding skills--such as basic interviewing, behavioral responses and body language, resume creation and cover letters. That culminated in mock interviews, and then actual interviews with real employers.

I can tell you that the cohort got along well, the instructors were excellent and took time to help us, and the program itself was cohesive (both tech and career services).

As a former journalist NOW TURNED tech developer and coder, it doesn't matter how the name was created. The only thing that matters now is getting the word out about how good WCCI is, and how it can change your life as well! YOU can code IT!

• Maggie • Web Developer • Graduate

I completed the boot camp in the Fall of 2018 and started a Web Developer job January of 2019. You can definitely find success through this boot camp! You learn A TON of information. You get what you put into the program. All the resources are there, but it's up to you to use them to learn and understand the material.

My advice is for anyone considering a software coding bootcamp: 1. SHOW UP. Don't be late to class and pay attention! Try writing down notes in class. 2. Ask questions! Teachers and classmates are willing to help you. (also Google!) 3. Do extra practice/research at home/out of class hours.. Take advantage of any tutoring, even if you feel you understand the material! 4. Lastly.. NETWORK! Do what the career coach tells you to do and you won't regret it.

My experience with We Can Code IT had some speed bumps with teacher changes, but at the end it taught me how to deal with unexpected changes which I'm sure I will face in ' the real world '. It's a fast pace course and you'll have to make adjustments. The teaching staff was always willing to help out and answer your questions or clarify any of your confusions. They really want you to succeed but it's up to you and your desire for your own success!

• Marc • IT Applications Developer • Graduate

Went to We Can Code IT's full-time spring bootcamp from mid-January to late April 2018.  Enjoyed it far more than any previous academic experience, including both undergrad and grad school.  All three instructors were knowledgeable, relatable, and fun, and my entire cohort got along really well.   We all came together as a team to help everyone do their best and handle the huge amount of learning that needed to be done in only 14 weeks.  I was able to ask all the questions and get all the feedback necessary to suit my  learning style, and given how many questions I ask, that says a lot.

The coursework consisted entirely of real-world practical skills and knowledge, and I got the large amount of hands-on coding practice necessary to feel reasonably confident when trying to get a job in the field.  Repeatedly coding increasingly-complex projects from scratch every weekend was a valuable exercise that got me used to both writing code and managing my code with GitHub.  Ditto for the final team project, only doubly so.   It's turned out to be equally valuable that I got to learn both HTML/CSS/Javascript for front-end development and Java for back-end development, because I've actually needed all of that on the job so far.  I was originally a computer science major for my first two years of undergrad about 15 years ago before burning out on it, and I learned more in the first three weeks of this program than I did in two whole years of traditional computer science courses back then.  Those college courses consisted way too much of largely inapplicable theory; nearly everything I have learned at WCCI, I have already put to good use.

It was also helpful to have job search support every week, so that I had a well-polished resume and was prepared to do interviews.   Having some idea of where to look for jobs, what employers were hiring, what they were looking for in applicants, and how to highlight my strengths were all very important.  WCCI inviting different companies to come in and talk to us directly on several occasions was likewise valuable, and being able to demo our team projects to an entire room of prospective employers was great.  Nothing makes a good impression like showing off something cool that you've just finished creating with your teammates.  Getting started building a network is difficult, especially if you're like me and you're not normally inclined toward that sort of thing.  WCCI's connections to local businesses made a lot of difference in that regard.

Specifically for me, though, the employer visit that mattered the most was when Nationwide sent a recruiter to come in halfway through the program, and I was very impressed by what I heard.  He encouraged us to apply for lots of positions there, which I did (I think about 8 of them), and offered to forward our applications to the appropriate hiring managers.  That worked out better than I could have hoped for, because I graduated from bootcamp on Friday, April 20th, went in for an interview at Nationwide the following Monday, they offered me a job on Tuesday, and I started work about two weeks after that, on May 7th.  Interestingly enough, the position I got was unrelated to the recruiter who talked to us, and none of the three members of my team who interviewed me had heard of WCCI.  I still got a job offer, anyway.  I didn't even have to rely upon the fact that Nationwide had hired half a dozen former WCCI grads before me.  That says that the quality of what I learned was high enough that I could stand entirely on my own.  I know that not everyone who goes through the program will get hired quite that fast, but I can at least serve as evidence that it's possible.

Long story short, We Can Code IT did exactly what they advertised - they taught me how to be a strong enough coder in only three and a half months that I was able go out and get a job right away.  I've now been at Nationwide for almost half a year, and I've enjoyed my new career very much.  It's a good job at a good company with coworkers I like and very solid pay and benefits.  This is the career I wanted to get into right out of high school, and I finally made it.  That's a five-star rating, right there.  Can't argue with results.

• Ernest Bluford • Graduate

My experience at WeCanCodeITwas not atypical, I'm sure.

Someone without a coding background is told that a coding is a solid, lucrative career change.  I walked in the doors of WeCanCodeIT unsure, yet with confidence that I could make a change to my life.  From end to end I engaged with friendly, thoughtful individuals who were ready to provide an education they believed in.

From week to week, I learned new concepts from industry professionals, applied them in class, and produced a working product to show my budding mastery over them.  I truly believe that I have invested in a life long skill that will keep my brain working  morning, noon, and night.

WCCI's space, is perfect for exposing a nascent coder to the business of coding, and if they take advantage of it; an excellent networking tool.  I would and have recommended the boot-camp model to my friends(specifically WeCanCodeIT).   As I continue to grow, I feel confident that I can call on the instructors there for advice.

• Courtney Sciarrillo • Front End Web Designer Contractor • Graduate

I decided to go to We Can Code IT after attending an info session on campus. I met the instructor, Pete, and student success coach, Melissa, and they were both really transparent and friendly and made me want to to go there.

Pete was our instructor for the whole cohort. He was extremely knowledgeable about all of the course materials, but his teaching style is what set him apart.  He is very invested in each student's success, and is always available to help, even on slack late at night and on the weekend.  He is always very energetic and excited about working with students, and he kept our class engaged and supported the entire 14 weeks.  I felt like he was able to adapt to all of the different learning styles in the room so that no one struggled, and he did everything in his power to accommodate everyone's needs.

Our student success coach, Melissa, was also with us throughout the entire class.  She came to check in every morning to help keep us on track with preparing for our job search, and made sure to spend a lot of individual time with each of us outside of the time she spent with us as a class teaching.  She answers us on slack all the time, and has been just as available since we graduated.  She brought employers in throughout the program to help us network, and had a large group attend our demo day when we graduated so that they could see our work.  She did a lot to find new employers to connect with, and to connect us to the right people to help us land a job, and introduced me to the person I'm working for now.  No matter how silly I thought a question or fear was, I always felt comfortable coming to talk to her and knew that she would help.  Her role wasn't just limited to career support, she (and Pete) were a great emotional support system for my whole class the entire time we were there.

Mel, who is the founder and CEO, was also a presence on campus, which I didn't expect.  She actually taught some of our classes, and always took time to answer coding questions, and even helped a few of us with extra tech skills that we wanted to learn outside of the normal curriculum.  This was a really great feature!

I didn't know anyone in my class when I started, but my closest friend and (now) business partner graduated with me.  I also made other really great friends during my cohort, and working with them over 14 weeks and especially final projects was a great experience.

Overall, I'm really glad that I came to We Can Code IT.  I'm very grateful for everything I got out of this experience, especially the relationships I developed and the confidence that the program and staff helped me build.  It has changed my life for the better!

• Happy Grad
    - 1/29/2018
    J • Java Software Engineer • Graduate

I studied at the Columbus campus and was apart of the part-time cohort. To keep this short and sweet I got a job as a Software Engineer 3 days after graduation. I am making double what I did as a loan officer. Worth every penny.

• WCCI Bootcamp
    - 1/25/2018
    Christopher Megown • Java Software Engineer • Graduate

I needed a career change in my life and heard about WCCI on NPR.  I went to a meet n greet, enjoyed it,  and shortly after I was at my first day of class.  I was in the part-time cohort at the Cbus branch and loved every minute of it.  The instructors were very knowledgeable and patient with the new students learning an entire new skill.  The pace is fast but not impossible...you will work hard.  They start with the very basics and work up to full stack applications and by the end of it you can't believe what you have achieved.  Career services help you from day one setting up your professional portfolio and preparing you for networking and interviews. The founder, Mel McGee, stopped in numerous times just to see how we're doing, pick our brains, and help out with any questions.  The vibe that I got from day one was that WCCI doesn't care about the quantity of students they are providing to the IT workforce, it's the quality of students.  They truly care about how You are doing as an individual and want you to succeed. By the way I graduated this past Friday, I have been made an offer from a prominent company not even a week after graduation.  I could not have asked for a better output from this Bootcamp.  I will never forget the experience I had here, Thank You WCCI.

• Great Course
    - 9/26/2017
    Ryan Bender • Programmer • Graduate

I took the course from January to March 2017.  It was a great course.  I learned a lot from the course, not just the programming but also helping me to network and job hunting.

• Denisa I. • Web Developer • Graduate

Attending a coding boot camp has launched my career in IT, in roughly 4 months total. If you work hard, are proactive in the job search, and use the resources provided you too will be successful after completing this program. It is very much "what you put in - is what you get out."

I landed a web developer job about a month after graduation with two other offers on the table. I owe huge thanks to the career services at WCCI and the employer relationships they provide to their students.

I had a very good experience with my instructors, who were patient to explain the curriculum which is very important when teaching students who have no background in development. One thing I would have liked to see more of from the instructors would have been better after class availability for one on one help.

The curriculum certainly provided me with the basic knowledge to launch my career as a developer.  Although it moves fast at times, there is a schedule that the class needs to stick to and necessary material to cover, so I would say if you sign up for this course expect it to move FAST. My biggest downside in the curriculum would be the lack of SQL coverage and the after class study session that had little to no direction. I had high hopes of those study sessions to supplement the classroom time and that was not the case.

The career services are great. If you are proactive about job hunting and interviewing many opportunities will come your way. The most important thing is to have a positive and open mind about any opportunity that comes your way. In regards to the job guarantee, like with anything else, I would reccomend reading all of the fine print. But if you are performing well and are proactive about applying you will land a job!

If you are looking for a career change I recommend WCCI!!

• Diane Korpics • Junior Software Developer • Graduate

We Can Code IT is an excellent bootcamp for anyone who is serious about learning to code.  I was particularly impressed with my instructors as they were able to move at a pace that was manageable for people who were new to coding, but also challenge others who already had some experience.  The curriculum and projects were also well-designed to accommodate various levels of achievement.  The instructors were helpful and encouraging and made the class interesting and fun.  I was pleasantly surprised by the level of support the career development team (especially Cynthia Trotta) provided.  Not only do they provide help with resume preparation and interviewing, but they teach you how to network effectively and even expose you to some prospective employers.  Because of their training and committment, I was fortunate to receive an offer just prior to my graduation from the class.  One word of advice I would give a prospective student is to make sure that you clear your schedule so that you can fully devote yourself during the bootcamp.  It is time-intensive and, like most things in life, what you get out of it will be directly related to how much effort you put into it.  If you don't have any experience with coding, it might make sense to do some free online tutorials first to make sure that coding is something that you are excited to learn.

• Very pleased
    - 7/31/2017
    Jamie • Software Engineer • Graduate

I'm so glad I attended the We Can Code IT boot camp. The instructors are very experienced, funny, and are good about paying attention to students' emotional needs as well as their technical understanding. Career services give the strategy and knowledge necessary to brand yourself as a business-of-one, and the confidence to ace the tech interview and pursue networking opportunities (which was what led to my job offer). The instructors do a good job of teaching students to research and master new topics on their own (which is a very valuable skill, since tech is always evolving, and we won't be in training programs forever). They are always available and willing to help students who are struggling, offering tutoring and going above-and-beyond by staying after class and making the space available on weekends. Students are encouraged to collaborate and experience peer-programming, so no one is ever truly alone or lost for long. I do hope that in the future the bootcamp might be extended a few weeks because sometimes it felt like there was too much to learn in the time allotted. I also hope that they get someone local for their Columbus career services because it doesn't seem ideal to have this person commute and be physically absent (though available via web conference and phone) most of the time. Despite these issues, I couldn't be happier with my decision to attend this program. Caveat: it is intense. It's likely that at least once you may second-guess your decision to join, or doubt your abilities, but this is normal. You will need to do a lot of reading and studying outside of the classroom, but if you do, the teachers will help you gain the skills and knowledge necessary for your success. As a frame of reference, I studied 3-4 hours every night and spent most of my Saturdays on campus. By week 5 or 6, your confidence will be much higher than when you started: heaps of new information will seem exciting instead of impossible. I had a job offer on week 9 of the 12-week boot camp. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone who is serious about breaking into the industry. Thanks, WCCI!

• Carrie Ryan • Full-Stack Developer • Graduate

I know that this is a cheesy and cliche way to start, but We Can Code IT changed my life. Prior to starting the program, I was working a full-time job that did not offer me the opportunity to grow as a professional. I was also on a career path that I did not find fulfilling.

After considering going back to college for a CS degree, I decided to try a bootcamp instead since it would give me more hands-on experience working with code. I am SO glad I made the decision to attend We Can Code IT. I experienced a cohort that inspired me to learn and challenge myself. The entire staff was so helpful and supportive.

Thanks to the amazing career coaching I received during the program, I received an offer prior to graduation. I'm now making more money, I'm excited to go to work every day, and I have the opportunity to advance my career.

If you're ready to put in the work, then I highly recommend this program. Well worth the investment.

• Rebecca Bernstiel • Java Applications Developer • Graduate

My experience was quite valuable with WCCI. I  started out with absolutely no experience, and walked away knowing a tremendous amount.  It was a challange that I will cherish because I learned an enormous amount. These skills were a result of the wonderful staff that were willing to take the time to help you work through any problem. The instructor was extremly knowledgable and was always willing to help. He made it professional, challenging and gave us skills we will use through out our careers. I would recomend WCCI to anyone.

• Satnam Brar • Software Engineer I • Graduate

Like many others that enroll in this program, I came from a degree completely unrelated to computer science. The instructors at the boot camp do a great job of ramping you up to be able to develop functional programs. I came in with no experience in development, and I left with the confidence that I would be able to contribute effectively in the Cleveland IT workforce.

The only downside to this program is that there is not a comprehensive SQL curriculum. Many companies look for SQL database design and SQL query knowledge. There is a way to teach yourself the basics that the program providies, but I believe that SQL should be taught by the instructors as well.

• Don't Do IT
    - 3/10/2017
    RICHARD JONES • Student

If you are disabled or a minority or part of an underserved population do not I repeat attend this class. I am a disabled veteran and humiliated by an instructor and when I complained I was expelled from the program.  I was also told by the President of the school that because I received public funding I was not their customer "Ohio Means Jobs is our customer"

That was entirely out of line. Ohio Means Jobs told me that I should be afforded the same respect and dignity as someone who paid using their own funds

I was expelled and given no due process. If they are willing to treat a disabled veteran ( The President of the School also commented ..."My husband is a veteran..so what)

I have filed over a dozen complaints regarding this matter and will provide copies of emails and all documentation to any prospective student. I'm a former investigative reporter in Cleveland and worked for a major tv news station here and I have requested volumes of public records regarding this program and will also share that info. Please keep in mind at the time I was expelled I had a GRADE AVERAGE OF 99 PERCENT. Black students especially contact me before going anywhere near this place. RichardJones5@me.com

• Brad Kilkenney • Systems Test Engineer Associate • Graduate

I've always had a love for technology, but had very little exposure to coding, or people working in the development field growing up. In We Can Code IT, I found the perfect catalyst to dive right in, instead of just dabbling in my free time.

The success of the program in measured in no small part by the success of it’s students. So, you can rest assured that WCCI is invested in you learning the skills necessary to find a high quality job in the IT field.

I would not hesitate to recommend this program to anyone who wants to learn programming, and who doesn’t shy away from a challenge.

• Rick • Software Engineer I • Graduate

Taking this course was one of the best decisions I've ever made. The course work was clear and concise. The instructors were all incredible, both from their knowledge of the subject matter, and their passion to teach. And it doesn't end at graduation. The folks in Career Services are with you every step of the way, in the search for a new career. With their help, I was able to dive into a new career within weeks of graduating.