university-of-toronto-school-of-continuing-studies-boot-camps-logo

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps

Toronto, Toronto, Toronto, Toronto

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps

The University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps offer a 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development program, and 24-week, part-time programs in data analytics, cybersecurity, and UX/UI in Toronto and Mississauga, Canada and online. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, React.js, Node.js, MongoDB, MySQL, Command Line, Git, and more.

The data analytics curriculum covers a broad array of technologies like Programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript (D3.js, Leaflet.js), HTML5/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, Fundamental Statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git/GitHub, and more. The cybersecurity curriculum takes a multidisciplinary approach in attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity, with in-person and online options. Learners will enjoy close collaboration with other professionals while receiving hands-on experience.

The UX/UI program provides hands-on training in user-centric design research, design thinking, visual prototyping and wireframing, interface design, storyboarding, visual design theory, web prototyping with HTML5 and CSS, interaction design with JavaScript and jQuery, and more.

Applicants do not need prior experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial. UofT SCS Boot Camps are designed for working professionals and individuals who are actively pursuing a career change or advancement or looking to gain a new skillset.

Learners will benefit from a wide range of career services to be positioned for success through graduation and beyond. Services include portfolio reviews, resume and social media profile support, high-impact career events, workshops, mock interviews, and one-on-one career coaching. On successful completion, learners will receive a non-credit Certificate of Completion from the University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (the boot camp is not a School of Continuing Studies certificate program) and will have a portfolio of projects demonstrating a working knowledge of web development, data analytics, cybersecurity, or UX/UI.

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps are offered in collaboration with Trilogy Education Services, a 2U, Inc. brand.

Recent University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps Reviews: Rating 3.97

all (38) reviews for University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps →

Recent University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps News

• Cybersecurity - Part-Time

LocationToronto
      At the Cybersecurity Boot Camp, learners get hands-on training in networking, systems, web technologies, databases, and defensive and offensive cybersecurity. You will also learn methods, techniques, and best practices for accurately conveying the severity of the risks facing an organization’s security posture. The Cybersecurity Bootcamp is a challenging, part-time program that takes a multidisciplinary approach to attaining proficiency in IT, networking, and modern information security, throughout the course of 24 intensive weeks.
    • Data Science and Visualization (Online) - Part-Time

LocationToronto
      Learn data analytics wherever you are. The curriculum teaches the most relevant tools and technologies including programming in Excel, Python, JavaScript, HTML5/CSS, API Interactions, SQL, Tableau, Fundamental Statistics, Machine Learning, R, Git/GitHub, and more. Build a comprehensive portfolio and earn a non-credit Certificate of Completion.
      Payment plans available
    • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time

LocationToronto
      This program is rigorous, fast-paced, and focused on the practical technical skills needed to analyze and solve data problems. Learners will gain proficiency in a broad array of technologies like Excel, Python, JavaScript, SQL Databases, Tableau, and more. Applicants do not need experience to enroll, but once admitted, all learners will complete a pre-course tutorial. Throughout the course, learners will complete projects using real data sets from the worlds of finance, healthcare, government, social welfare, and more—allowing them to build a strong portfolio with a professional demonstration of mastery.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Full-Stack Flex - Full-Time (Toronto)

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
      LocationToronto
      UofT SCS Coding Boot Camp is a 12-week, full-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Students have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Students receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position students for success in the field.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Mississauga)

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
      LocationToronto
      The University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Coding Boot Camp is a 24-week, part-time web development course. The full-stack curriculum includes HTML5, CSS3, JavaScript, jQuery, Node.js, Responsive Design, Heroku, Git, User Authentication, React.js, MySQL, MongoDB, and more. Learners have access to participate in experiential learning opportunities. Learners receive career-planning services, portfolio reviews, and 1:1 coaching to position learners for success in the field.
      Prep WorkPre-work
    • Full-Stack Flex - Part-Time (Toronto)

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js, Java
    • Full-Stack Web Development (Online) Part-Time

MySQL, MongoDB, HTML, Git, JavaScript, jQuery, CSS, React.js, Node.js
      LocationToronto
      Learn to code wherever you are. The full-stack, online boot camp curriculum includes HTML/CSS, Advanced JavaScript, Ruby, Code IDEs, Git/GitHub, Database Modelling, Complex Database Relationships, and more. Through hands-on projects and lessons, learners will complete the coding program in 24 weeks over the course of a self-paced learning path. Students receive support from a variety of channels, ensuring they are never alone throughout their boot camp journey, whether online or in-person. University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies online coding boot camp gives you the opportunity to “think like a developer.” In addition to learning many of the most in-demand languages and creating your own personal portfolio, you will also partake in an 8-week Agile Team Project that mimics a real-world environment. Learners are assigned a piece of the full project (division of tasks into short phases of work and frequent reassessment of adaptation of plans) and then finalize the project together with the assistance of an industry leader who has on average 5-7 years of experience as a software engineer. At the end of this online coding program, you will receive a Certificate of Completion from University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies, helping you stand out to employers.

• Amrit Singh  User Photo
      Amrit Singh • Researcher • Graduate Verified via GitHub

I would recommend this bootcamp for beginners looking to gain skills in web development as the cirriculum covers a lot of material. Coming from strictly an analytics background, I had a fear of web technologies mostly because I have never explored them before. I had started the web dev course on udemy by colt steele which gave me alot of prior knowledge and made the course easier for me. Six months is ample time to become familar with writting javascript at a comfortable level. More time should be allocated to teaching React (and maybe other frameworks) as these skills are what employers are looking for.

Response From: Boot Camp Team of University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps
      Monday, Jan 07 2019
      Thank you for your review, Amrit! We're happy you enjoyed your boot camp experience and were able to explore various technologies. Our team is continually updating our course material, so we truly appreciate your input. Congratulations on completing the program! We wish you all the best moving forward.
    • Falgun Patel  User Photo
      Falgun Patel • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
      It is an extensive bootcamp. Gives you lots of learning opportunity with an industry experienced professional instructor. Great support from Career Adviser and Teaching Assistant in helping and guiding in homework and projects.
      Monday, Mar 30 2020
      Thank you, Falgun! We're thrilled you enjoyed your boot camp experience and benefited from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we're rooting you on in all your future endeavors.
    • Jennifer  User Photo
      Jennifer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Joined the Cybersecurity bootcamp back in May 2019. With no IT background but just thinking about career change, did not know what to expect. 6 months later, thanks to the tirelessly support from the instructor, teacher assistant and Learner Success Manager, I have much clear idea which direction next.

The couse has coverd 8 major Cybersecurity domains. My favourite part was Incident response and Governence regulation compliance. It gave us not only the current insight of the indutry but the complete aspect of Cybersecurity. I would only wish we could have learn more about the Cloud security.

Overall I had great learning experice and for sure recommand anyone who is interested in Cybersecurity.

Monday, Dec 23 2019
      Way to go, Jennifer! We're happy that the boot camp gave you the skills and confidence to pursue a new career direction. Like you mentioned, the curriculum dives into a variety of cybersecurity topics, and we're thrilled that these resonated with you and that you found the instructors and learner support to be beneficial in mastering the course materials. Best of luck in your future endeavors!
    • Goya  User Photo
      Goya • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn

Joined the Cybersecurity boot camp back in May 2019. Having a full time job and personal responsibilities made the fast-paced course quite challenging. Having said that I found instructor, teacher assistant and Learner Success Manager extremely helpful to keep me focused on the course.

The course syllabus has covered the majority of 8 Cybersecurity domains. The part of the course that I enjoyed the most was penetration testing, home works with bonus questions, and hands-on labs.

In my opinion, cloud and wireless security was missing from the course; however, overall I am happy that I took the course.

Wednesday, Dec 18 2019
      Thank you for sharing your boot camp experience, Goya! We're aware of the dedication it takes to balance personal commitments with the course material, so we commend all your hard work.

It's great to know you benefited from the support of our entire instructional team and enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on successfully completing the program, we appreciate your feedback! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
    • Paul  User Photo
      Paul • Java Developer • Student • Verified via LinkedIn

I joined Coding Boot Camp after finishing my undergraduate studies in Mathematics (statistics). By the time I graduated from this full-stack program, I have learned a lot regards for the full scope of web dev. I really like the instructor(Ed) that bring knowledge patient and passionate all the time. Also, the Ed 1-to-1 discussion make me feel that he actually caring his students. In the middle of the program, I started my full-time job (software deveopment related) and feel that under so much pressure. Great thanks to my instructor and Admin for helping me release the stress. Also, I am easily to get comfused while doing in-class exercise but finishing weekly assignments and group projects push me understanding the material better.

If I have to be picky, I would suggest there will be more assignmnet supports for group project to assure I am able to deliver the best. Another future suggestions is that I hope there will be more time for introducing tech/tools (popular in the trend nowadays). We did some angular, react, java (basic syntax but not spring MVC as backend) but I look forward to seeing those materials a bit more since I am really interested in using spring framwork. But that is just a minor critque.

At the very last I would like to thanks again for this program not only for what I have learned but also I had some precious friendship. The learning environment is positive and supportive. I would also recommend my friends for the coding boot camp if they want to learn web development from scratch.

Wednesday, Jul 17 2019
      Thank you for your review, Paul! We're happy you found your experience to be so valuable. We're truly passionate about helping learners every step of the way, so we're thrilled that you felt supported by our team. We are continually striving to provide a learning environment and curriculum that resonates with our learners' goals, so we appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on completing the course! We wish you continued success in all you do.
    • James Jean-Jacques  User Photo
      James Jean-Jacques • Sr Consultant - Solution Architect • Student Verified via LinkedIn

I am a senior IT professional with over 20 years of experience in enterprise environments.   One of the challenges that I faced was the trend of IT digital transformation, emerging and disruptive technologies.  As open source tools became more popular and innovative it provided the flexible platform on creating applications and services.  As a result, I needed to learn these various software tools.  My challenge is that I didn't want to take single courses for each software tool which would be incredibly time intensive.  I was really looking for the training that a boot camp environment would provide to allow me to simultaneously learn all these tools.  As I was doing my research I came across this program and once I reviewed the syllabus I realized that this is what I needed to give me what I wanted in order to excel my career in this new digital age.  I evaluated how the scheduling would impact my current lifestyle and found that the hours and commitment was manageable.  This is why I chose this boot camp.

I started this program in January 2019 and I was full of excitement! As I knew that once I acquired these skill sets, it would elevate my career. I quickly found that the program was quite intense.  In addition, the instructors were extremely knowledgeable.  My favourite part of this program is that everything we do is hands-on!  We don't learn just from theory but work on things as we go.  We did a lot of group projects that mimic real-life business cases, which made the program very relevant.  I really enjoyed the facilities and environment of the learning space that we were situated in as students.  It was very conducive to group learning--everyone was from diverse employment backgrounds, which made our skills really unique.

I truly recommend this program for any senior IT person like myself that are looking for a refresher, skill updates and those who are looking at data analytics.  This program provides you that one stop shop and the price is very fair!  My advice is to commit the time, attend every class, review the assignments as much as possible, and look for YouTube videos for additional learning on each topic, as this will help a lot!  If you put the time, your success would be unparalleled.

Friday, May 10 2019
      Thank you, James! We're glad the program is helping you advance your current skill set. It's great to hear you've found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and that you're enjoying the real-world group projects. We appreciate the advice you provided for prospective learners—you definitely have to commit extensive time and review each assignment. Continue studying hard, we look forward to you successfully completing the course!
    • Elizabeth Santonato  User Photo
      Elizabeth Santonato • Graduate Verified via LinkedIn

Six months ago I started a ‘Boot Camp’ program in data analytics. The past six months have presented me with some of the greatest challenges I have faced in my academic career. My brain often hurt as I struggled to process complex coding algorithms completely unfamiliar to me. On many occasions I asked myself, “What am I doing here?” and “Why am I doing this?” but I only had to turn to the incredible support network provided by the course administrator, the instructor, the team of assistant instructors and my fellow course mates, and in every instance I was given all of the support and encouragement I needed to continue on.

It’s truly incredible how much information was packed into six months. Every week there was a new program or language or library or module to tackle. The course began with work in Excel and moved to VBA. From there we delved straight into the python programming language and its various libraries, including primarily pandas and matplotlib. We developed APIs and went on to SQL. Our second term brought us to HTML and CSS. With front-end development completing our program’s journey we learned to code in javascript, d3 and visualize data using plotly. The entire process wrapped up with additional lectures, covering topics in big data, intelligent algorithms and machine learning, working with programs like PowerBI, Hadoop, and NLP.

The course moved at an incredibly fast pace, and our regular meetings three times a week eventually began to merge into one seemingly long dataframe as we worked through our projects to reach our final day of presentations. At times I had to put my life on hold, and it will take me another six months to process everything more fully, but the tools are with me now, the foundation is laid, and I am prepared to take these skills with me on my journey going forward. I am now well-equipped to enter to the field with a complete set of analytics skills in my arsenal, armed with a Certificate in Data Analytics from the University of Toronto. It was a hard-earned effort, and I have no doubt in my mind that it will be well-worth the time and money I have invested into it. Thank you!

Tuesday, Apr 16 2019
      Thank you for sharing your experience, Elizabeth! We're happy you felt fully supported by our entire boot camp team and enjoyed the curriculum. We commend all your hard work and are glad to hear you feel well-equipped to enter the field. Congratulations on successfully completing the course, we are rooting you on as you move forward!
    • Minna Wu  User Photo
      Minna Wu • Digital Marketing Analyst • Student Verified via LinkedIn
      I'm currently a month away from completing the first Data Analytics Boot camp cohort in Canada. It's been a wonderful experience, meeting and getting to know so many people in our closely knit class. Our instructor (Piro) goes above and beyond, delivering extra hour long sessions that demo the hottest tools on the market. It's also helped me land a job at my dream company and given me the environment to build lasting connections with fellow BootCampers. The curriculum is very well designed to make the learning experience positive and fun. A+
      Friday, Mar 22 2019
      Way to go, Minna! We're thrilled you're enjoying your boot camp experience and have made lasting connections with other classmates. We also have to agree that our instructor, Piro, is pretty amazing. Thank you for your review and congratulations on landing an exciting new role! We're looking forward to you successfully completing the course and seeing your final project in a few weeks.
    • Sara Hovakeemian  User Photo
      Sara Hovakeemian • Student Verified via GitHub

Like many people, I felt stuck in my job. I was understimulated, felt underutilized, and not challenged. I knew I wanted to switch my career before I got further type casted. And I knew that I wanted to find a career that was in-demand and challenging. I enrolled in the Data Analytics Bootcamp at SCS because the curriculum was appealing and the class schedule worked with my work schedule.

I should preffice by saying that I had no idea how to code prior to entering this bootcamp; I had no idea what a for loop was, or how computing logic worked. I am currently 1 month from graduating and it is crazy how much I have learned from this bootcamp. So much so, that I can confidently apply for data positions because of how much this bootcamp has taught me and exposed me to. It not only taught me different syntaxes and how to use various libraries, but more importantly, it taught me how to learn (i.e. look up documentation and stack overflow). Between the super helpful TAs, the amazing classrooms, great instructor (shout out to Piro!), and approachable admin, this bottcamp was definitely one of the best decisions I have made in terms of my career.

Wednesday, Mar 06 2019
      Amazing, Sara! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the curriculum and benefited from our entire boot camp team - we also think Piro is pretty great. We're looking forward to you successfully completing the course in a few weeks and can't wait to see your final project!
    • Saryn  User Photo
      Saryn • Student • Student Verified via LinkedIn

This bootcamp was very challenging but due to that I feel that I am that much stronger for it. My coding confidence is much higher than I expected it to be after working so hard I now know so many things and more importantly how to solve problems. The course doesn't hold your hand, or wait for you but if you can work hard and keep up you will be much stronger for it. Only issue I had at any time was a few times there was unclear instructions on written assignments, but the teachers and support staff more than made up for this by always being available to jump in and correct issues in a very timely manner and those issues for me have now been resolved.

Wednesday, Feb 20 2019
      We appreciate you sharing your review, Saryn! We're thrilled you're benefiting from the support of our entire boot camp team. Like you said, if you're ready to work hard this course can help you get there. We're looking forward to you successfully completing the program and wish you all the best in your future endeavors!
    • WORTH IT
      - 2/19/2019
      Pavani Vithala  User Photo
      Pavani Vithala • QA Manager • Student Verified via GitHub
      I have joined the course with a change of role in my career.The curriculum as well as the course starting from Pre-work are very well thought of. I thoroughly enjoy each topic.Though we know buys and pieces of the technical jargon being in the industry, understanding the connection to get the big picture how various tools and technologies work is very very important.This course provided me a new found confidence if web technologies and helped me see internet in a new perceptive.Instructors and TAs are awesome helping students but to feel low because of the pace and complexity of topics.I would definitely recommend this bootcamp for anyone who wants to understand where the future is(APPS is everything and APPS for everything) as I see.😊
      Wednesday, Feb 20 2019
      Thank you so much, Pavani! We appreciate you choosing our program to make a career change. It's great to hear you're enjoying the curriculum and gaining confidence in using new web technologies. We applaud all your hard work thus far and are cheering you on as you continue towards completing the course!
    • Juan I Diaz  User Photo
      Juan I Diaz • Student Verified via GitHub

So you think it’s an expensive course?.. it is! But you will get the knowledge, experience, resources and -most of all- guidance worth! I have been looking for a way to finally jump into developing, this course is the best tool.

Long hours, late nights, challenging new concepts, huge economic commitment... if you like a challenge and want to start learning web developing DO IT. But beware it’s on YOU what you take out :-)

I’m taking the live on-line course and the pace is a little fast so you better take it serious. The teacher is amazing, the TA team is knowledgeable and the supporting staff is great. You can tell they really care for the students success, not only for the payment. Career services have been good, I still need to complete this part tho’.

Wednesday, Feb 20 2019
      Way to go, Juan! We're thrilled you're enjoying our online coding program and feel supported by our entire instructional team. Great advice for prospective learners — this course does require extensive hours outside of class, but if you're truly committed to learning web development, you will be successful. Thank you for your review, we're rooting you on as you continue working hard towards completing the boot camp!
    • Christopher Donner  User Photo
      Christopher Donner • Principal Technical Analyst • Student Verified via GitHub

If you are in the industry and have the means, I couldn't recommend this course enough. I am a highschool graduate and have been working in enterprise software support for about 15 years. I've had a piece meal knowledge of the topics at hand but was missing a lot of fundamental knowledge.

The pace of the course is agressive but not overwhelming and the instructor and TAs are phenomenal. I am just over 50% through the program and am already very confident in the professional level web applications I am now capable of creating.

Monday, Feb 04 2019
      Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts, Christopher! We're thrilled you were able to further develop your existing skills and feel confident in what you have learned thus far. Congratulations on reaching the midway point, we are cheering you on as you continue working hard toward completing the program!