university-of-toronto-school-of-continuing-studies-boot-camps-logo

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps

Average Rating4.3
77 Reviews
8 Courses

The University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps offer a 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development program, 24-week, part-time programs in data analytics, cybersecurity, financial technology, and UX/UI, and an 18-week, part-time program in digital marketing. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes progra...

77 University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps Reviews

• Sep 02, 2022

UX UI Design Bootcamp

Before enrolling in this program, I had just graduated from my Nutrition program and was working in healthcare. I quickly learned that it wasn't something I was truly passionate about, so I started to look for ways to transition into UX Design. What drew me in was the creativity and flexibility offered in this field. Ultimately, I came across UofT's UX Design BootCamp and enrolled!

My favorite aspect of the BootCamp was attending office hours for extra support on my design work. ...

Sep 09, 2022

Thanks for your review, Anita. We're thrilled to hear that you benefited from the extensive support provided by our team. It makes us proud to know that they were able to provide you with the support you needed during this challenging journey. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.
  • Aug 02, 2022

Coding/Full Stack Development Bootcamp

The overall quality of this Bootcamp is excellent as it delivers what it is supposed to. The best part about it is the quality of most TAs is very high and they are eager to help us when we encounter difficulties. Some areas for improvement in terms of the pace of the topics should be modified as the amount of time needed for learning CSS should not be the same as learning React.

Aug 04, 2022

Thank you, Kevin! We're happy to hear you had a positive boot camp experience and benefited from the ongoing support of our instructional team. We're always looking to optimize our curriculum, so we appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on successfully finishing the course! All the best moving forward.
  • Jun 23, 2022

UX/UI Design Bootcamp

The University of Toronto Bootcamp can bring you a phenomenal experience. For me, taking UX/UI Design Bootcamp is a life decision. These six months is a life-changing moment. I appreciate that all instructors help me with their professional knowledge and the career coaching team with their sharing and encouragement. Without all of your help, I wouldn't be able to find my current job and start a new chapter in my life. I would recommend this opportunity to you guys, the chance to make you...

Jun 23, 2022

Amazing, Bowen! We're thrilled you had a positive boot camp experience and are glad to hear you benefited from the support of our entire team. Congratulations on completing the course and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in your exciting new role and can't wait to see what you'll continue to accomplish.
  • Jun 21, 2022

Cybersecurity Bootcamp

It was a great bootcamp, have learnt alot.
    Instructor & TA's were very helpful

Jun 23, 2022

We appreciate your review, Vishesh! It's great to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of information security and found our instructional team to be helpful. Congratulations on successfully finishing the boot camp! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Apr 01, 2022

UI/UX Design Bootcamp

When I first enrolled in this program to expand my skill set, I knew it would be intense, and although I had a basic understanding of what it entailed and the new skills I would learn, nothing prepared me for the journey I was about to embark on! I mean it in the most wonderful way possible when I say this.

I was impressed by the outstanding level of support and expertise from our instructor and TA's. Not only did they teach it to their students in a way that fosters deep underst...

Apr 01, 2022

We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Charmaine! It's great to hear you felt supported every step of the way by our entire team. We're happy you feel confident in your newfound skill set and enjoyed the curriculum. Congratulations on successfully completing the course! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.
  • Feb 07, 2022

Data Analytics

It was a great experience. UofT have a great instructors with great TAs to better assist you.

Mar 28, 2022

Thanks, Ivan! We're glad you benefited from the support of our instructional team. Congratulations on successfully completing the boot camp! All the best moving forward.
  • Dec 07, 2021

Full Stack Web Development

I decided to enrol in the bootcamp when my previous employer laid off the majority of its employees due to the ongoing pandemic. I had been with the company for almost 10 years and decided that it was time for a change. I took a chance and reinvented myself and pursued a new career path in web development.

The bootcamp was an intense 6 months of learning but at the same time went by really fast. The instructors were very knowledgeable and my classmates were easy to interact with e...

Dec 13, 2021

Way to go, Tony! It's great to hear you successfully learned the fundamentals of full stack web development. We strive to foster a collaborative and encouraging classroom environment so we're glad to hear this resonated with you. Great job on taking advantage of the available resources including tutoring and office hours. Like you noted, if you're willing to work hard and stay committed to your end goal you can succeed. Congratulations on completing the boot camp and thank you for your review! All the best in your future endeavors.
  • Dec 01, 2021

Full Stack Web Development

How/What led me to apply to the Boot Camp:
    I have a stable job and descent earnings at a company that I have been working for almost 3 years. When COVID hits, we started to working from home everyday and locked down at home since last year. Life became less fun and I wanted to learn a completely new skill set that will potential leads to new career opportunities even business is not doing great where I am working at. It will give me more career options and light up m...

Dec 06, 2021

Amazing, Jessica! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. We're thrilled you enjoyed the collaborative classroom structure and benefited from working with your classmates. Great advice for interested learners — being prepared and reviewing concepts before starting class can truly help you succeed. Congratulations on successfully completing the program and thank you for your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Nov 30, 2021

Full Stack Developer

Build a wide-ranging portfolio of projects and applications in our coding, data analytics, UX/UI, fintech, and digital marketing programs or learn an array of skills applicable to industry certifications in our cybersecurity program.

Dec 06, 2021

Thank you, Nikhil! We're glad you enjoyed the boot camp and learned a wide range of new technologies. We wish you all the best moving forward and look forward to helping you successfully complete the course!
  • Oct 18, 2021

UofT_FullStack Coding Bootcamp

I would just like to take a couple minutes to comment on my experience with the UofT Full-stack Coding Bootcamp.

Let me start with some personal background.
    I originally went to school for Accounting, I had acquired a career in the finance/accounting sector of a steadily growing company. I worked really hard with a lot of late nights and burn out without being able to move forward. I was eventually let go and decided to take this opportunity to re-evaluate my life and career go...

Oct 21, 2021

Way to go, Stephanie! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. It's great to hear you're finding our entire team to be helpful throughout every step of the learning journey. Like you mentioned, this is a fast-paced course but by taking advantage of the available assistance you can succeed. We commend all your hard work thus far and are rooting you on towards program completion!
  • Aug 12, 2021

Review

My total experience with bootcamp has been exceptional, mind blowing and in fact I don't have any words to explain for how beneficial these programs are. As an immigrant to a country like Canada, these programs provide a stepping stone or an open door for career enhancements, for someone who is struggling to get a job, these courses will give you a competitive edge. The staff is thrilling, Kyla has been very helpful, Ali was my instructor and he knows how to get the crowd in learning sta...

Aug 13, 2021

Thank you, Johnny! We're glad to hear you're enjoying the boot camp and benefiting from the support of our entire team — we couldn't agree more that Kyla, Ali, and Neil are pretty fantastic. We truly appreciate your review and can't wait to see where your newfound skills will take you! All the best moving forward.
  • Jul 05, 2021

Digital Marketing

I have worked in sales and marketing for 25 years and thought I was done with further education.  But, in recent years I have felt disconnected and dependent on a younger generation to get tasks done.    I was hesitant about the time commitment and scared that I was a techno dinosaur - but the course is setup to be a supportive learning environment for everyone.   I feel the knowledge and skills I learned will keep me relevant and were worth the expense.  I have a new perspective on sale...

Jul 08, 2021

Way to go, Joy! We're thrilled you found the boot camp to be a supportive learning environment and feel confident in your newfound skill set. Great advice for prospective learners — staying on top of your homework will definitely set you up for success. Congratulations on completing the boot camp, we truly appreciate your review! We wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps Alumni Outcomes

Recent University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies Boot Camps News

Jess Feldman
Published September 07, 2022
Working at a startup as a mechanical engineer, Akinsola “Sola” Salami quickly learned he would rather be manipulating data to help drive business and product decisions. With University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (UofT SCS) Boot Camps, Sola was able to gain foundational knowledge in data analytics as well as build a professional project portfolio. And with support from his career ...
Jess Feldman
Published April 14, 2022
Rory Quenneville Thorpe had an undergraduate degree in criminology, but hit a wall when it came to finding work he felt passionate about, so he ended up working in retail. When COVID hit, Rory reassessed his career goals and decided to make a career change into cybersecurity by enrolling at University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies (UofT SCS) Boot Camps. Rory shares how he was able t...