university-of-minnesota-boot-camps-logo

University of Minnesota Boot Camps

Average Rating4.63
19 Reviews
7 Courses

University of Minnesota Boot Camps offer a 12-week, full-time and 24-week, part-time web development courses, 24-week, part-time data analytics, cybersecurity, UX/UI, and financial technology courses, and an 18-week, part-time digital marketing course. The full stack curriculum includes HTML, CSS, JavaScript, jQuery, Bootstrap, Express.js, Node.js, databases, MongoDB, MySQL, and Git.

The data curriculum includes programming in Excel, Python, R programming, ...

19 University of Minnesota Boot Camps Reviews

• Chad Lund
    Student • Cybersecurity - Part-Time • St. Paul
    Sep 18, 2022

Breaking into my dream field.

I would like to start by saying, this course has been exactly what I didn't know I needed. I had left my previous employer and was looking to break into a field I had a passion for. When I went my own way, I was mindlessly scrolling through job boards for tech jobs. It seemed I'd never find something that I qualified for or was in a field I wanted to be in. I happened to come across the U of M Cyber Security Course, and I thought what the heck. Ever since, I have been building my reperto...

Sep 23, 2022

Thanks for your review, Chad. We're thrilled to hear that you benefited from the extensive support provided by our team. It makes us proud to know that they were able to provide you with the support you needed during this challenging journey. We wish you the very best in your future endeavors.
  • Madison Williams
    UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time • St. Paul
    Sep 06, 2022

University of Minnesota UX/UI Boot Camp

I chose to move into UX Design after completing a freelance design job. I realized that while working on this project that I felt fulfilled and eager to keep working even after it was completed. I have never felt like that at a job before.

I really enjoyed my boot camp experience, while it was difficult and frustrating times, it was exciting to see my knowledge and skill grow in real time. My favorite part of the boot camp was probably working in studio classes where we were spli...

Sep 09, 2022

Thank you for your review, Madison! As you mention, this boot camp does require learners to dedicate a significant amount of their time outside of class to studying and practicing their skills. We commend you for all of the hard work you put into your experience, as we know it can be challenging to learn so many new concepts and skills in only a few months.
  • Christopher pelaez
    Student • Cybersecurity - Part-Time • St. Paul
    Jun 16, 2022

Cybersecurity

This course amazing to start cybersecurity field career for mee so excited to join , I was very  challenge and learning  the key   Successful keep the practice and get error to get better each day . I make this bootcamp I wanna to grow up on the career cybersecurity for mee interested learn more about how lading on this career. In general very good recommended university.

Jun 17, 2022

Amazing, Christopher! Thank you for choosing our boot camp to make a significant career change. Like you noted, this is a challenging program that will require extensive practice and hard work to truly master the topics covered. Congratulations on successfully completing the course and thank you for your review! All the best moving forward.
  • PHILLIP SNELL
    Student • St. Paul
    Dec 15, 2021

Student

This course was very good. I thought I would not make it but the staff and instructors really took us by the hand and made sure we understood all the material before moving on in class.

Dec 17, 2021

Thanks, Phillip! We're thrilled you enjoyed the program and benefited from the support of our entire boot camp team. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! Best of luck moving forward.
  • Rachel
    Bank Examiner • Student • Financial Technology - Part-Time • St. Paul
    Dec 11, 2021

FinTech Boot Camp Review

My name is Rachel and I am currently a U of M FinTech Boot Camp student.  I want to start my testimonial by stating that this program is one of the best programs I have taken in continuing professional studies.  It is challenging, but rewarding; it is time-consuming, but engaging; it is complex, but incredibly interesting, and I am in awe of how much I have learned and benefitted from this course.  The experience I have gained in this program has opened opportunities in my profession tha...

Dec 17, 2021

Way to go, Rachel! It's great to hear you're finding the program to be challenging but rewarding. Thank you for choosing our boot camp to further develop your skill set and learn a wide range of new technologies. We strive to foster a collaborative and positive classroom environment so we're glad this is resonating with you. Great advice for prospective students — not mistaking excitement for fear can help you better surpass obstacles and understand the material covered. We commend all the hard work you've dedicated to your studies thus far and look forward to helping you towards graduation!
  • Steven Bauer
    Security Engineer (starting Sep. 2021 as result of the bootcamp) • Student • Cybersecurity - Part-Time • St. Paul
    Verified by GitHub
    Aug 25, 2021

Cybersecurity Bootcamp

The course was conducted entirely via Zoom with a teacher and teacher assistants with a combination of lectures, real-life examples, demonstrations, and homework to complement skill cybersecurity skill development. The following is taken from the University of Minnesota Cybersecurity Boot Camp | St. Paul (umn.edu) website and I wanted to put it as the course contained exactly what they advertised. I had a wonderful experience and recommended it to anyone with drive and desire to get hand...

Aug 27, 2021

Amazing, Steven! We're happy your virtual classroom experience was delivered successfully and that you benefited from the online format. It's great to hear you benefited from the curriculum and enjoyed your boot camp experience. Congratulations on graduating and thank you for your review! We're rooting you on in your new role and can't wait to see what you'll continue to accomplish.
  • Meena Ambalam
    Student • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time • St. Paul
    Dec 16, 2020

Coding Bootcamp

I am an IT professional with about 2 decade of experience. Most of my experience was in legacy technology and past 5 years I've been playing the role of Business Analyst. I was working for Delta Airlines in Minnesota campus. When COVID hit and impacted Airline business, the great company it is, with great leaders, we were offered voluntary packages to separate from the company with health insurance for a year. I took that opportunity to introspect my career path and retool myself. As I l...

Dec 17, 2020

Thanks, Meena! We appreciate you choosing our program to further your technical skills and make a significant career change. We're thrilled to hear you had found the boot camp to be interesting and challenging. Our team strives to enable student success, so it's great to know you benefited from their ongoing help and encouragement. We're looking forward to providing you career services assistance in the upcoming weeks. Congratulations on graduating and best of luck in all your future endeavors!
  • Melissa Wolf
    UX/UI Designer • Student • St. Paul
    Nov 22, 2020

UX/UI Design Bootcamp

I would highly recommend this bootcamp to anyone wanting to learn and put in the time. I made lasting relationships with classmates that I will now carry through my career, as well as so many skills I never thought I could learn in a 6 month time period. It really gives you the tools to do so many things with your career or business.

Nov 24, 2020

Amazing, Melissa! We strive to foster a collaborative classroom environment, so we're thrilled you were able to form close connections with your classmates as well as learn the fundamentals of UX/UI. Congratulations on graduating, we appreciate your review! All the best moving forward.
  • Samer Saadoun
    Student • Full Stack Flex - Full-Time • St. Paul
    Oct 29, 2020

Just like BEING REBORN

Syria, 1997. My very first experience facing a PC. It was running on Windows 95, very slow, very noisy, and extremely magical. That was the moment when I said to my father "I will become a programmer". Then, life took me on a different path (financial pressure/survival mode) and I ended up working in the media field for +8 years. But that moment of love, at first sight, stayed with me and I had to remind myself that “IT’S NEVER TOO LATE TO BECOME A CODER”.
    Apart ...

Oct 30, 2020

We appreciate your review, Samer! Thank you for choosing our program to make a significant career change. We couldn't agree more that it's never too late to pursue your passions and enter the tech field. You're completely right that coding is a continual learning experience, one that provides hardworking candidates vast amounts of opportunities.

We're thrilled to hear you're benefiting from both the available resources and support the boot camp has to offer including working on real-world projects, interactive classes, collaboration with classmates, and career services. Great advice for prospective students—completing the pre-work, connecting with other participants, not being afraid to ask questions, and keeping track of everything you learn will definitely help you stay ahead. We also think Dan and the rest of our instructional team are pretty fantastic at what they do.

Congratulations on all the hard work you've dedicated thus far, we wish you continued success as you finish out the program!
  • Dave
    Student • Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time • St. Paul
    Verified by GitHub
    Feb 19, 2019

Absolutely worth the financial and time investment

I highly recommend Trilogy’s U of MN Data Analytics & Visualization Boot Camp, but only if you are serious about wanting to learn!

If you are new to coding – plan on spending 10 – 20 hours per week on homework, studying and projects.

Did I learn a lot?

The first day of class, I didn’t know anything about coding – not a single line of python – didn’t even know what Git Bash was.

My final project was machine learning classifying SE...

Feb 20, 2019

Thank you so much, Dave! We appreciate you sharing a detailed review of your experience and our program structure. We're happy to hear you found our instructional team to be knowledgeable and supportive — we also think Paul and Madeleine are pretty great. It makes our team's day to see how much our students learn and progress during this intensive program. We're constantly working to improve our program and its offerings, so we truly appreciate your feedback. Congratulations on graduating, we are rooting you on in all that you do!
  • DJ Steinmetz
    Full Stack Developer • Graduate • Full Stack Flex - Part-Time • St. Paul
    Oct 21, 2018

Full Stack Coding Bootcamp

I highly recommend the Full Stack Coding Bootcamp through UMN.  High quality instruction, great support and Teachers Assistants.  Everything about this experience was valuable, and I've now almost doubled my salary!  Well worth the time and money.

Oct 23, 2018

Way to go, DJ! We're thrilled to hear you had such an invaluable student experience and truly benefited from our instructional support. Congratulations on graduating, we wish you all the success in your future endeavors!

• Manee
    Student • UX/UI Boot Camp - Part-Time • St. Paul
    Jun 01, 2022

Current Student

The UMN Boot Camp UX/UI has been one of the most challenging, yet real-world learning experience I've ever have gone through. The staff and instructor are amazing; super supportive of each student's development and growth in the program. It is truly a fast-pace course, but you learn so much in such little time. I've enjoyed learning new software and learning along with my peers. Not only does the program bring new and challenging insights, the students in the group also brings a lot to t...

Jun 02, 2022

We appreciate you sharing your boot camp experience, Manee! It's great to hear you're benefiting not only from the support of our instructional team but also from the close connections you're making with your classmates. Like you noted, this is a fast-paced and rigorous program that covers a wide range of technologies in a short amount of time. We look forward to helping you successfully finish out the course — happy studying!

University of Minnesota Boot Camps Alumni Outcomes

University of Minnesota Boot Camps Scholarships

$500 University of Minnesota Boot Camps Scholarship

Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive University of Minnesota Boot Camps scholarship for $500 off tuition!

• Data Science and Visualization - Part-Time (St. Paul)

Recent University of Minnesota Boot Camps News

Imogen Crispe
Published August 01, 2017
Need a summary of news about coding bootcamps from July 2017? Course Report has just what you need! We’ve put together the most important news and developments in this blog post and podcast. In July, we read about the closure of two major coding bootcamps, we dived into a number of new industry reports, we heard some student success stories, we read about new investments in bootcamps, and w...