Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.74
Recent Springboard News
- 15 Data Science Jobs You'll Land After Bootcamp
- Inside Springboard’s New Software Engineering Career Track with Colt Steele
- 2019 End of Year Coding Bootcamp Podcast
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $8,200 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,400 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track Prep (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
454 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Associate- 2/17/2020Soham Desai • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI always wanted to enter the data world, but lacked the technical skills to do so. I didn't want to go back to school nor did I want to go to a 9-5 bootcamp which basically was like school and super expensive. To the rescue came Springboard, providing an affordable, yet flexible plan to learn Data Science. They have amazing content and the power to connect online with so many people around the world. I was able to meet course mates from around the US and the Bay Area to link up with and work on my projects with together.
Through this passion of learning I was finally able to land my first job and I have never been more excited to use something I learned in a school environment and take it to the real world.
I do have to admit at times I felt overwhelmed with the course since it is online and you don't really interact with people regularly like you'd do in a school setting, just know you have resources and Springboard continues to supply additional ones as they deem it necessary or essential to help their students.
- DATA SCIENCE CAREER TRACK- 2/12/2020VENKATESH IYER SUBRAMANIAN • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInUNDOUBTEDLY A WELL DESIGNED COURSE FOR DATA SCIENCE AND OTHER SPECIALIZATIONS SUCH AS NLP & DEEP LEARNING. THE MENTOR OPTION ALONG WITH THE JOB GUARANTEE IN THE COURSE TAKES THIS COURSE TO THE TOP 1% OF ALL THE COURSES AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET. AWESOME EXPERIENCE
- Data Science Career Track- 2/10/2020Dametreus Vincent • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubGoes in and covers several, if not all, major areas of data science. You do have to do a lot of outside research but you get out what you put in. I recommended taking 8 to 10 months full time to thoroughly go through the course of you have no prior experience. I also recommend learning Python before hand to truly understand the ML portion.
- UX design career track- 2/9/2020Argishti Ghadimi • Verified via LinkedIn
- UX design Career Track- 2/5/2020Hungyi • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis course was an amazing experience. I especially like weekly mentor calls and industry project. My mentor was very supportive and helpful. He gave me detailed feedback on my projects and assignments. Industry project was awesome. I worked as a UX designer with a real company. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone looking to switch their careers or if you're just interested in learning more about UX design.
- Intermediate Data Science with Python- 1/25/2020Terralynn Forsyth • Graduate • Course: Intermediate Data Science: Python • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Springboard's Intermediate Data Science with Python program is an excellent way for anyone - regardless of their coding experience - to level up relevant data science skills in Python. While the program is centered on the Python language, it covers great depth into statistical analysis including descriptive statistics, and other languages you'll need as a Data Scientist like SQL. It involves a mixture of program delivery through Data Camp access, instructional videos, assignments, and projects. I felt like the course entailed just the right mixture of both applied work and instruction. The mentors are great and support staff was always quick to reply.
On a personal note, I come from a social science background with limited working knowledge in Python and really felt like I had the flexibility to take the course at my own pace. I am a Co-Founder in a startup and was able to pause and restart the program to suit my schedule. Definitely recommend!
- UX Design Career Track- 1/23/2020Shannon Clark • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
This course was an amazing experience. I always felt surrounded with help and guidance from the beginning to the end. One of my favorites parts about this course was the weekly mentor calls that I had with my own designated mentor. This really helped with receiving feedback and my overall growth with the curriculum as well. I would definitely recommend this course to anyone looking to switch their careers or if you're just interested in learning more about UX design in general.
- Springboard UXCT Program- 1/22/2020Vince Joshua Laylo • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Springboard's UXCT program is for anyone who wants to switch career paths in to User Experience. With the program, you get a mentor who will be there throughout the way to help guide you. In addition, Springboard offers many other resources to supplement your learning including 1-on-1 calls with other professionals, office hours, career development and many more. Overall, I believe Springboard has prepared me for a great career in the field and I'm excited for the future.
- Springboard gets it!- 1/18/2020Alfred Hull • Lead Data Scientist • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Springboard gets it!
I had an extremely great experience with the Data Scientist career track and put had multiple jobs offers before I completed my curriculum with Springboard. The curriculum is complete and takes a significant amount of focus and coding work. The online format is very convenient and the help sessions along with the mentors are world-class. I particularly appreciated the weekly calls with my mentor who was/is an industry specialist in Data Science. It was beneficial having a mentor to seek feedback on exercises, questions about the curriculum, and or about insight about the role of Data Science in industry. The calls with career coaches were also constructive to guide in job search efforts, including mock interviews.
One of the things that stuck out to me was the two comprehensive capstone projects. I thought these were important in solidifying your work and expressing what we learned to more significant audiences. I utilized my capstone projects to answer real-world problems at work that were met with much praise and helped to solve and or better under pressing business problems!
I highly recommend this impactful bootcamp!
- Pleasant Experience with UX Course- 1/15/2020Lissette I. Lopez • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
The mentor sessions were great and very flexible for times I was unavailable. My mentor was very understanding and super helpful whenever I had questions outside of our mentor calls. The curriculum was also easy to understand and helpful with both videos and reading material. I'd say the only con for me was just time-management. I was working full-time as a UI Designer and studying this UX course, which definitely did get hectic and limited my studying time. When trying to manage the work-life balance, organizing your time and sticking to a goal to finish the course is so important--especially for online courses!
- Awesome Experience- 1/14/2020William • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I had a wonderful experience with Springboard. The 1-on-1 mentor experience truly helped me so much to be able to talk to a person that was in the field and pick their knowledge base. I especially think that the capstone projects made the program special. I was able to gain such good hands-on experience through these projects.
- Good experience- 1/8/2020Diane Deroualle • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I had a good experience learning the Data Scientist job with Springboard. The curriculum is very complete and takes a lot of work. The online format is very convenient. I particularly appreciated the weekly calls with a mentor in Data Science. It was really helpful for feedbacks on exercises, for questions about the curriculum or about the job but also to guide us in the development of 2 capstones projects. The calls with career coaches was also very helpful to guide us in our job search, including mock interviews. I haven't found a job yet but based on my experience so far, I recommend this bootcamp.
- Good Course and got me a job- 1/3/2020Abbas Zaidi • Associate Analyst • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
- Springboard Business Analytics- 12/31/2019Sajeed Hassan • Other • Graduate • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Intermediate Data Science: Python- 12/27/2019Alisha Antony • Student • Course: Intermediate Data Science: Python • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I had a great experience learning at Springboard.
The course curriculum was very advanced. The best part about the course was the mentor calls. I worked with 2 mentors (Branco Kovac and Vivek Kumar). Both of them have helped me a lot with my curriculum and capstone project. Branco helped me choose my topic for the Capstone project and Vivek helped with with the further progress of curriculum and capsyone project.
During the mentor call one can discuss any doubts regarding the curriculum and the capstone project. The mentors are readily available to help and assist.
I'm also happy with the student advising team. They are always available to respond to all the queries that we have.
- a good start- 12/18/2019connie huang • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Honestly, I had a great experience in Springboard's UX career track. Going into it, I was nervous because the program was at an early stage and didn't have any data on the success rate of alumni landing jobs. But I am glad I did it and it was a great experience!
The mentorship and Industry Design Project are the greatest parts of the program! My mentor really helped me to grow as a UX designer and IDP gave me an opportunity to pair with a real company and work on a real-world project.
I am still nervous because the true test is landing a UX job! I hope it will be all worth it in the end ...
- UX Career Track- 12/12/2019elizabeth sandoval • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Springboard was honestly a great experience. I didn't expect it to be as in depth as it was and I feel like the money was definitely worth it. Springboard always helped me when I needed it and my mentor was a complete angel. The mentor suppot makes the program a million times better. I'd say definitely take the course if youre interested, you wont regret it.
- Challenging, but worth it.- 12/7/2019Shaun McGuire • Product Manager • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I'm currently enrolled in the UX Career Track program and I love it. Going into it I wasn't sure what to expect, but so far, I'm very satisfied with the skills taught throughout the course. The course has a capstone project that sits as the backbone of the overall curriculum. With each unit you complete, you add to your capstone project. This style gives you an immediate opportunity to apply the skills you learned during the unit and solidify the new knowledge. Even though I'm only partially through the course, I've already been able to apply lots of the skills and tools I'm learning to my current. For me, it's been a really effective means of growing my skillset.
Tip: make sure you're making progress each month. Like many, I probably procrastinated longer than I should have and have been left cramming a bit towards the later months. The staff has been very accommodating with the course freezes though.
- Outstanding Job Prep and Community- 12/5/2019Rachel Braun • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I enrolled in Springboard's UX Career Track in April 2019. I was able to finish in eight months and still get the job guarantee. What I liked the most was the one on one weekly mentor calls and the community on Slack. With those tools I was able to have any of my questions answered. Springboard also really prepares you to work in the industry, since in order to be eligible for the job guarantee, you need to pass a behavioral mock interview and a portfolio walkthrough, which are the two types of interviews you have to go through when applying for UX jobs. I am now excited to start my job search and look forward to keeping in touch with everyone on the Slack community.
- Promises never kept- 12/4/2019Keith Snyder • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I am rewriting my review as it has been 6 months and still no job. The problem is that the career coaches are always booked up and you cant book a time that works for you. I booked 2 career coach calls within a 2 week period and canceled one of them because I had one booked already. Sometimes the career coach has to reschedule, thats why I did 2 schedules. Not a month later the school emails me that I am no longer eligble for the money back guarantee because I canceled one of my 2 calls. The problem with this Bootcamp school is they dont have enough resources for you and your set up for failure. Also you should try and stick to one career coach as multiple people have different ideas and it messes you up. Like, one said to do this on your resume and the other said to do this. Stick with one that you like.
- Philip Sparks • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
This course gives an extremely broad foundation for getting into ML/AI/DS careers. The weekly mentoring is perhaps the best part, and having weekly meetings with an experienced member in the field pays huge dividends, especially as you find yourself changing jobs or feeling like some impostor to the field.
You will become extremely knowledge about the math and proof of concept stage to getting machine learning-based projects off the ground. I think this is helpful, but could improve in many ways for 2020.
1. More emphasis on deploying systems and system design. The curriculum delves very little into cloud services (AWS, GCP, Azure), preferring a more open-source based model. I think this is good in general, but machine learning engineers are inevitably going to be using one of these services in their careers. The course gives you credits for AWS, but little attention is paid in the curriculum to its use cases. Given all the time spent in the course, reading other paid material like "Grokking the System Design Interview" shouldn't be necessary if the curriculum is better formed.
2. Techniques other than machine learning. It's kind of ironic to ask a course like this to do something other than ML, but knowing when ML is useful and when other techniques are appropriate (from heuristics to Deep RL) does not really get much attention.
3. More work on data collection. It would be much more helpful if the course explained more further up the pipeline on how to collect, ETL, and store data to make ML possible. It might be an old school way of thinking, but many companies have older data systems that need to be understood in order to get to the interesting ML portions.
- Tough, but Fair and Valuable- 12/2/2019Jorge Agustin Suarez-Marill • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
This course covers a lot of info in a very detailed manner. You get a wide variety of topics, and you will get a nitty-gritty view of it, too. I appreciate the mentor they give you to get you through it. I had a very helpful one that I met with every week and was very good about answering my questions. You even get some career help, and you can't graduate from the course unless you do some practice interviews. This is were my negative comes in. It was very difficult to even schedule these interviews (and other career advisor meetings that are separate from the mentor ones). The slots were few and filled very quickly. For one practice interview, the person that I was supposed to do it with didn't even show up, so I had to reschedule that one. That was frustrating to me and a mar on an otherwise good course. Other than that, I would recommend it.
- Varun Tyagi • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
Springboard did a really good job in putting together all the coursework and materials together. The materials and topics were up to date and quite relevant to the latest trends in machine learning. Even though the coursework and videos might have come from different sources and might seem unstructured, the content was useful and pointed you in the right direction in case you wanted to delve into that subject using resources you found on your own. Hands-on mini-projects for certain topics were crucial in helping gain a practical understanding of the subject matter. The one-on-one weekly meetings with the mentor were an invaluable experience.
The coursework and videos will take up a lot of your time and sometimes it is hard staying on track, especially while trying to work on the capstone project in parallel.
Overall, it was well worth the time and effort!
- Excellent!- 11/25/2019Kristen Colley • Data Science Intern • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Excellent Self Paced Learning Experience- 11/25/2019Queeny • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHub
I had done my research into choosing this course, and it is the best school to sign up for if you are working full-time. The curriculum is well-paced and offered a lot of technical coursework to supplement my existing knowledge of product design. The support I received was absolutely fantastic. Everyone was gracious and understanding to my needs. I've also noticed the community has been growing quickly since I've last signed up.