Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.63
Recent Springboard News
- How Springboard Propelled David into a Data Analytics Career at Mercedes-Benz
- October 2020 Coding Bootcamp News
- Data Engineering vs. Data Science vs. Machine Learning Engineering
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $1490/month, $7500 upfront, or financing available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
684 reviews sorted by:
- Data Analytics Career Track- 11/30/2020Cha Vang • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Bootcacmp for Software Engineering- 11/23/2020Thomas Adams • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Great Data Analytics Boot Camp- 11/23/2020Daniel Ramey • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInJust finished the Springboard Data Analytics boot camp and would strongly recommend it to anyone who is looking to learn data analytics and pursue a career. Overall, I thought the Springboard curriculum was well curated and I feel very prepared to begin a career in data analytics. The course gave me strong skills in Excel, SQL, Tableau, Python and more. As I was finishing my final project, I was really pleased with how much I could already do in Python and SQL and feel more than prepared to contributed to a company with my data analytics skills. There were a few projects and subunits that were confusing or hard to followup but the Springboard team is great at soliciting feedback and improving its curriculum based on that feedback. Overall, a great course.
- Excellent Mentorship- 11/19/2020Benjamin Lanier Taylor • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI didn't know what pandas was when I started the Data Science Career Track program, and now I feel mostly confident while applying to jobs.
Because I have not experience in data science, I'll probably work up from a data analytics role.
Biggest Pro: Excellent Mentorship. My mentor was competent, kind, and genuinely wants to help people achieve their goals.
Biggest Con: Didn't communicate I need to be practicing on websites like HackerRank or LeetCode. I wish they had recommended it from the start. For beginners, I suggest Edabit.com.
- UI / UX Design Career Track Certification- 11/19/2020Jared Beck • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAfter being laid off from my market analyst job in April, I decided to enroll in Springboard's UI/ UX Design Track to educate myself on the world of UX methodologies. The curriculum was intensive and very informative, and my 1:1 sessions with my mentor, and later my career coach, were exceptional. I landed a full-time UX Researcher role within a month of completing my certificate! I highly recommend the UX programs at Springboard as your foot in the door to the industry, and their career facilities are exceptional.
- UI UX Design Career Track- 11/16/2020Georgia Hoegen • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI loved my time with Springboard. It's hands on learning was perfect for me because I learn best when I am doing hands on. You work on multiple projects and at the end you get an internship. I learned so much and I can't wait to get out into the real world!
- UX UI Design Career Track- 11/15/2020Cindy • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Alina Gheonea • UI / UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe curriculum was way denser than I expected, with A LOT of articles to read and I think it needs to be curated more, because a lot of them say the same thing in a different form. I did the course full-time, as I was unemployed, and finished it in 5 months; it basically occupied my whole time, including the week-ends.
Especially in the beginning of the course, it was pretty hard to follow because there was a lot to read and very little practical stuff - but it got much better as the course progressed and more practical assignments came up. The 1:1 mentor calls were priceless, with the assigned mentor as well as the additional mentor calls. The IDP (Industry Design Project) wasn't the best match (I was asked about my preferences but it all depends on the available projects, and people assumed that I'd be ok with doing something related to my old career, which wasn't the case at all), but with the help of my mentor I managed to turn it into a good portfolio piece.
The career services were excellent, throughout the course and also after it was finished (6 months of career services are included after the end of the curriculum). I got a job offer in 2 months after completing the course (after a month of more actively applying), which I accepted. And yes, it was through networking. So overall it was well worth it and I would highly recommend it.
- Software Engineering career track- 11/12/2020Moayed Mustafa • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubI have just graduated from the Software engineering career track program by Springboard and I'd like to say it is AWESOME! learning to code is a long process and it makes all the sense in the world that you take your time to learn deeply and apply what you have learned through projects. I loved everything about springboard, Colt Steel is an awesome instructor and it takes some amazing character to make over 100 hours of video content that does not bore students! the modules are really well thought out, the exercises are very good, not to mentions that there is an exercise for almost everything you learn, and further study exercises too.
The most important part about springboard in my opinion that students are matched with mentors, this is crucial because it's not just the weekly calls that counts, it's all those long emails and showing you different ways of solving a problem or writing code that really counts, having a mentor that shares his/her experience with you is invaluable.
The student success team is really great, they are quite supportive, helping with time management and organization are very important since there is so much to learn.
Another important aspect of the course is the career modules, every few weeks, a non-technical module will be up, where students would have to work towards finding a job, be it building a resume, crafting an elevator pitch, networking, doing mock interviews and so on, at the end of those modules, you can book a call with a career coach to discuss progress and get feedback.
Students also have access to TAs who are very helpful, responsive, and really good software engineers, the course also gives you access to many students in your cohort or otherwise in a slack group, I was personally involved in a study group that has impacted me a lot, knowing that others share your struggles and victories is important.
Conclusion: this is an amazing course, It's obvious that the good people of springboard have spent so many hours thinking and planning and I could not have been more satisfied with the overall experience, I highly recommend it.
- Data Science Career Track- 11/12/2020Arnaldo Alonso • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Springboard Data Science Career Track- 11/10/2020Hank Butler • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI did the Data Science Career Track with Springboard.
The weekly mentor calls are immense. My mentor has strong experience as a data scientist and he was able to answer every question I had along with providing great feedback for my projects.
The career coaching is fantastic. The amount of recruiters reaching out to me via LinkedIn since they helped me retool has been very noticeable. Additionally they also helped change up my resume.
The mock interviews were also incredibly helpful. Interviews were always something I had struggled with and their interview prep has definitely helped me in my current interviews.
I think their curriculum could be better. I had to supplement a lot of it with books, YouTube, and courses on LinkedIn Learning.
- Great value, great career coaching and mentors- 11/9/2020Reagan • Data Operations Lead • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was laid off in March due to Covid, so I decided to hop into a bootcamp to prep me for my next career move. After reading the reviews and learning of Springboard's job placement guarantee, I enrolled, and let me tell you, it did not disappoint. In this course I learned how to better use excel and formulas to wrangle and analyze data, I learned data visualization tools such as Tableau and Power BI, and I also learned SQL and Python which are high demand languages. Springboard's mentor support and career coaching really helped guide me down a path that led me to my current role; one I landed while taking this course. If you are looking to pivot your career or just learn new skills to pad that resume, Springboard is your ticket. Best bang for your buck. They teach you the tools that are CURRENTLY being used in the data world, whereas many other bootcamps' teachings are a bit dated.