Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.63
Recent Springboard News
- August 2020 Coding Bootcamp News
- What Is Design Thinking? An Intro with Springboard
- Are tech companies hiring coding bootcampers during COVID?
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $1490/month, $7500 upfront, or financing available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
613 reviews sorted by:
- Data Science Career Track- 9/17/2020Md Saimoom Ferdous • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Data Science Carrer Track- 9/17/2020Julia Zozulia • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI enrolled already having some knowledge in Data Science but wasn’t able to find a job by myself. Springboard taught me not only data science knowledge but, more importantly, skills on how to present yourself properly. With my mentor’s help, I started blogging about my projects, which, I believe, helped me immensely. Resume writing tips I couldn’t get from anywhere else are also very valuable.
Midway thought the course I managed to find an internship. I got a full-time job offer within a month after graduation.
Springboard is an opportunity, but you have to work hard to get the most out of it. Keeping your dedication though the course is demanding, the materials you have to learn are not easy, and you have to do really interesting capstone projects to succeed. But your hard work pays off, and you get support from your mentor and career advisor both during the course and after graduation.
- UI/UX Designer- 9/14/2020Renata Danks • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros:
• Project-based curriculum. You'll complete the course with four portfolio-ready projects.
• Weekly mentor calls and development of mentor relationship
• Networking requirements within the curriculum and career coaching, support, and preparation
• No formal collaboration with fellow students
• Industry Client Project (in my experience) was with a very small startup; a bit challenging to produce impactful work in the 4-week timeframe
- Data Analytic Career Track- 9/14/2020Joshua Young • Data Analyst • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
- Learn the tools and get great career support- 9/11/2020David Rosser • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis program will definitely prepare you and give you the skills needed to be an effective analyst. I came into it with some analysis experience in my past but had been out of the industry for several years so I wanted to brush up old skills and learn new skills. Since COVID caused all my contract work to be cancelled this year I was able to work on this program nearly full time and finished it in just over 3 months. Most of the assignments were clear and could be completed with the provided instruction or a quick internet search. Only once or twice did I need to use the unlimited mentor call feature to get unstuck on something. I think the biggest value for me on this was the career support side. There are some modules interspersed with the technical material on how to search and how to manage you LinkedIn page. They help you with your resume as well. Then after you complete the course you have weekly calls with a career coach to keep you on track and give interview advice etc. I got pretty good traction right away and am currently waiting for an offer letter from Mercedes Benz USA just 2 months into my search.
- UX/UI Design- 9/10/2020Meredith Pratt • Information Manager • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInOnline learning at its best! Springboard pairs you with a personal mentor, career coaches, and a student advisor. You also have access to a large online community of fellow students where you can bounce ideas off each other and network.The program gives you practical skills to handle complex UI/UX challenges confidently in both B2C and B2B companies. You learn by doing and end up with a fantastic portfolio to help you land that first job. There's also an internship with a real company to put your new skills to the test while discussing any challenges you face with your mentor.
Springboard is on the cutting edge of what's new in the industry. Coming out of the gate, I exchanged knowledge with industry veterans and applied what I learned in my present job.
The learning material is high-quality. I got as much knowledge from this online program as I did from a traditional master's degree program at Northeastern University — at a fraction of the cost!
Why should you consider UX/UI Design as a career?
It is a gratifying career as you get to dive into users' minds and empathize with them to deliver something that makes people's lives better. So, if empathy comes naturally to you, and you are eager to innovate and be creative, then UX designing may be an ideal career option for you. If so, I can't say enough about this program. I've learned so much. There are many niche avenues to pursue within UI/UX Design, and Springboard gives you exposure to all of them.
- Ml Engineer track- 9/9/2020Mukul varshney • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInCourse Fee will be around 1.5 Lakhs for ML engineer POST
What spring board does they will provide you free open source links like YouTube links and from some blog links means the things/URL Those are free.
In other words - they don't have their own content.
They have collected free content from internet websites and have documented and giving or selling them 1.5 lakhs
They says they are charging more for mentors not for content
So if some one want to join the spring board then they should be like self study person.
Dont think so spring board content will help them entirely.
But it will surely depends on the person
About job assurance No idea how it works but please dont get trapped in those catchy lines.
please think and join the course.
According to me it is far expensive for learning anything from spring board for whatever money as they are providing free links for money it might sound like surprising.
- Hands on learning experience, I've become a much better designer with a portfolio I am confident about post-completion- 9/6/2020Gurveen • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInWhat I love about this course is that the built-in structure and the curated content makes the difference when trying to learn on your own vs taking this course. In retrospect I would have taken the UI/UX Design Career Track but it wasn't available when I started the UX Career track. Regardless, I think this course was worth it. I got to collaborate with other designers for my IDP and the opportunity to collaborate made the experience much more amazing.
In the beginning I was unsure but I chose to stick through with it and it was rewarding when I completed the program. I also wasn't used to online coursework or engaging in the slack community because I'm not very active on social media so that was a challenge. But in retrospect, I think the slack community is something I should have taken more advantage of because more online engagement with others has made me more comfortable and confident when communicating and networking with others and the more insights I gain from their experience that I can use to inform what I want for myself.
I also had a mentor that kept me on my toes and challenged me to perform and deliver better. And that resulted in a capstone project that I was very satisfied with the end result even though there's always room for growth. When working on my industry project, my mentor encouraged me to create a solution that addresses the company's measurable goals as well as user needs and provided resources that helped me establish direction for my projects.
I would have liked to learn more about UX Strategy and implementing it in our projects built into the course. These were encouraged by my mentor, but not built into the course.
- All in all awesome experience- 9/3/2020Polina Maguire • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInIt took me a bit longer than the estimated 6 months to complete my course with Springboard, but it was worth the time. Rigorous curriculum, challenging tasks, and one-on-one mentor support would be good enough reason to choose Springboard. But on top of all that they offer excellent career services. Highly recommended!
- The best Bootcamp- 9/2/2020Lucien Meteumba • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI am really happy for the time spent at Springboard.
Springboard has a great mentorship team quality and system. My mentor was really knowledgeable and really patient with me. Things that would take me days to understand, he will provide me the right resources and the right knowledge to get a better understanding of the matter.
Springboard has a great curriculum. If you just follow the curriculum, you will be unbeatable in Data Science. You will be above in knowledge and skill college students and those in the work force.
I found a new job when i was still finishing the program. It is to let you the efficiency of Springboard Job assistance.
- Data Science Career Track - Student- 9/1/2020Yuwen Hsieh • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- UX Researcher- 8/30/2020Fan • UX Researcher • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInStrengths about the Springboard UX Design career track:
- A great overview of important topics to help you think like a UX designer
- A mentor to keep you focused on the curriculum and to help navigate the UX industry and process
- Incredible career coaches who will help you devise strategies for your job search efforts
- 2 UX projects that follow the ideal UX design process and a real-world project with an organization that allows you to flex those new design skills
- Flexibility with the course and target finish dates during difficult times
Don't expect that a 6 month bootcamp will land you a UX job right now. This should be seen as more of an introductory to UX design. The bootcamp is easy but time consuming. The real work happens after you finish.