Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- 2020 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- How to Make Your UX Portfolio Stand Out When Applying to Remote Jobs
- How Springboard Propelled David into a Data Analytics Career at Mercedes-Benz
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,900 Class size 15 Location OnlineSpringboard is a leading digital skills bootcamp that has empowered thousands of students to get their dream job. The Cyber Security Career Track we offer is the first online bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You will get hands-on practice with 30+ labs and projects, while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep"
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition: Coming Soon
Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $8,900 upfront, or financing available. Deferred tuition coming soon. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $1490/month, $7500 upfront, or financing available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
748 reviews sorted by:
- Springboard Will Treat You as a Holistic Human- 1/27/2021April Holder • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI am so thrilled by my choice with this program. I have been to a lot of schools - I have a bachelor's degree and a master's degree. I used to be a secondary science teacher (middle school), so I feel I know a bit about education and educational institutions. When I first applied and enrolled in the program, I knew Springboard was the best fit for me (the price point, the time to complete the program, and the industrial design project were my selling points). I was skeptical, however, since this was the first for-profit school that I had attended. I expected the school to provide me with the resources promised and nothing more. However, I discovered that Springboard far exceeded my expectations by treating and supporting me as a holistic human. COVID was tougher on me than I expected, and I was not as motivated throughout the duration of the program as I expected (initially, I wanted to complete my program in 3 months). Springboard had systems in place to keep me (and EVERY student) from falling through the cracks. This is something I never discovered in my public schooling (high school and even my bachelor's). Springboard treated me as the student that I wanted to be (just how I treated my students). They were transparent about my job-guarantee, and even though it took me 9 months to complete the program, I am still eligible for the job guarantee. Every single Springboard I encountered was supportive and provided me with honest feedback. I highly recommend Springboard if you are trying to springboard to a new career.
- Data Science Career Track- 1/25/2021Gwyneth Volkmann • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe course provides an extensive background in varied machine learning topics. It provides you with a strong platform for an entry level data science position. I think it's definitely helpful to have a background in science or tech before beginning the course. I felt like the projects were very helpful and the mentors provided excellent guidance.
- UX Design Career Track - 6 months- 1/24/2021Tatiana G • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI attended Springboard from March till November of 2020, and it was a great alternative to live classes.
Pros: You get to meet with your personal design mentor once a week for 30 minutes to provide feedback on assignments, career coach for 30 min, and you can book unlimited support sessions with other UX mentors - so potentially you're looking at 3 live sessions a week which is super helpful. All professionals I encountered were knowledgeable and able to answer my questions. There is also a slack channel for students. You get to complete 3 projects altogether and walk away with a solid portfolio!
Cons: They don't have their own pre-recorded curriculum, rather, it's a bunch of links to existing articles or videos posted on the internet that follow UX design cycle and explain all the key concepts. Some of the links are 2-3 years old and might not be as relevant. Also, the course takes more than 6 months to complete for a vast majority of students (they do provide a free extension).
Conclusion: the program was both useful and interesting but is probably most suitable for someone who has some prior experience in psychology, art& design, or tech. I got UX contract job shortly after graduation but I already did have several years of work experience in the arts/media.
- UX Design Career Track- 1/23/2021Anthony Ra • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Verified via LinkedIn
- Kuda Mwakutuya • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe instruction was excellent. The TA's were very helpful. My mentor was awesome. I feel confident in my abilities now I am job searching for an entry level position. I am on solid ground. Only drawbacks are that I feel like it was not emphasized that if you fail any of the mock interviews twice, you do not get the job guarantee. I came to this realization when I started doing the mock interviews at the end. Could be a determining factor in signing up for some people. Also, the mock interviewers need to follow the rubric for the mock interviews more strictly. The amount of variability in how Interviewers should be minimized as much as possible.
- Data Science Career Track- 1/22/2021Jordan Strassner • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Alireza Takook • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInOverall, based on my research it was one of the best programs out there.
Pros: great one-on-one mentor and career coach calls, which can teach you things that are not on internet.
Slack community is very helpful, and create a teamwork feeling throughout the course. Weekly office hours and career sessions are also helpful. Job assistance and guarantee is comprehensive.
Cons: The curriculum can be messy or vague at times; it has the great foundation but needs more refining. They can also include more advanced options for developing skills.
It is better to have a background/practice in visual design going in, otherwise your work is not going to be as good.
- UI/UX Track - A Valuable Investment- 1/20/2021Emma C. • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInTo preface this review, I started this program while pursuing my Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design. Now although I had 3 years of schooling in Design I felt like the projects I was given didn't provide me with the real-life experience I needed to enter the industry with confidence. After researching various bootcamps I felt that Springboard provided the best option for the best cost. I ended up signing up for the UI/UX course because it contained an emphasis in not only visual design but also in user research and user experience. I wanted to make sure that when I completed my certification that not only would it provide me with some valuable portfolio pieces but that it would help me feel comfortable applying for a job in the field post graduation. Overall, this course exceeded my expectations the mentors were amazing and provided me with some very valuable feedback whether that was related to various assignments or career advice. As some who went to a university and has a degree in Design I don't think I would have gained the same experience and knowledge I gained from Springboard at school. The experience was truly phenomenal and I would recommend it to anyone (especially females interested in Tech!).
- Exceeded Expectations!!!!- 1/19/2021Ashish Castelino • Data Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAfter researching online for almost 2 months, I finally zeroed down on Springboard. I have never had a pleasant experience with online studies, however Springboard is a game changer. Not only do they support you completely during the course, an extended 6 months support, post competition is provided which is an USP to Springboard. Moreover weekly one to one mentor calls, truly motivate you complete the weeks curriculum in order to present/ discuss with your mentor. Springboard also offers a Job Guarantee program to all eligible students, with the best of the best career coaches to guide you find you dream job. What I liked most was the flow of curriculum. Straight to the point. I can confidently say I learnt and enjoyed the last 6 months at Springboard and will definitely recommend SB to family and friends.
- A Life-Changing Course- 1/15/2021Janessa Poole • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI am so thankful for my time at Springboard! The course is well laid out and designed to prepare students for a design role. I felt as though the projects contributed to my understanding of Sketch and made me more confident in my abilities to use new programs for design. By far, the best part of the course was my mentor. I struggled initially due to some personal issues, and he inspired and encouraged me to continue with the course, even when I fell behind. With his support and the support of Springboard's career coaches, I graduated this past month. (With a completed resume and portfolio website to boot!) To any future Springboard students reading this: Know that there is a lot of reading in the first few units that may make you feel overwhelmed. You'll make it through! Take a breath, and even if you fall behind, you will have all the resources to succeed. Good luck!!
- Valuable Investment- 1/13/2021Aman Negassi • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was always interested in looking into a boot camp for improving my programming abilities as I felt college's style of teaching never got to me. With Springboard, my mind was so focused on the curriculum that I questioned if the cost was worth the investment. In retrospect, I would of started sooner as it expanded my mental horizon in a lot of ways from my approach to learning, improving my productivity, better managing my time, and ,y networking skills that translates to being more sociable. The connections I have made have been so invaluable to my growth as a person that my confidence in my ability to succeed has bolstered by the person I have become. It also served as a good time filler during the Pandemic while I was working on the COVID response and graduating college. It was manageable and I attribute the mentorship to that. This program fills the void that college could not fill for me as I feel more clarity in my direction path.
- Pretty good curriculum, excellent mentorship!- 1/10/2021Kelvinvino Assumpta • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis course will help teach the fundamentals of UX/UI Design through hands-on course work and accompanying curriculum. You will have a mentor and career coach who will be guiding you throughout the curriculum, in my opinion this is where the course really shines, you will be able to ask and learn a lot of things from professionals. I need to point out that mentors are a hit or miss, there are some mentors who are really willing to help and some that are not, good thing about this is you will be able to reach out to Springboard and request a switch.
Overall, the course will give you the tools to succeed in a professional environment- they cover basic fundamentals, design sprints, and you will also be matched with a company for your final project to experience real-life scenario work as a designer. The course is self-paced, I finished the course within 6 months and some students have finished even earlier. Job assistance is pretty mediocre, there are no job placements but at the end of the course Springboard will be sending you a list of companies that can give you a referral before you apply for the job.