Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- 2020 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- How to Make Your UX Portfolio Stand Out When Applying to Remote Jobs
- How Springboard Propelled David into a Data Analytics Career at Mercedes-Benz
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $1490/month, $7500 upfront, or financing available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
740 reviews sorted by:
- Alireza Takook • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInOverall, based on my research it was one of the best programs out there.
Pros: great one-on-one mentor and career coach calls, which can teach you things that are not on internet.
Slack community is very helpful, and create a teamwork feeling throughout the course. Weekly office hours and career sessions are also helpful. Job assistance and guarantee is comprehensive.
Cons: The curriculum can be messy or vague at times; it has the great foundation but needs more refining. They can also include more advanced options for developing skills.
It is better to have a background/practice in visual design going in, otherwise your work is not going to be as good.
- UI/UX Track - A Valuable Investment- 1/20/2021Emma C. • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInTo preface this review, I started this program while pursuing my Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design. Now although I had 3 years of schooling in Design I felt like the projects I was given didn't provide me with the real-life experience I needed to enter the industry with confidence. After researching various bootcamps I felt that Springboard provided the best option for the best cost. I ended up signing up for the UI/UX course because it contained an emphasis in not only visual design but also in user research and user experience. I wanted to make sure that when I completed my certification that not only would it provide me with some valuable portfolio pieces but that it would help me feel comfortable applying for a job in the field post graduation. Overall, this course exceeded my expectations the mentors were amazing and provided me with some very valuable feedback whether that was related to various assignments or career advice. As some who went to a university and has a degree in Design I don't think I would have gained the same experience and knowledge I gained from Springboard at school. The experience was truly phenomenal and I would recommend it to anyone (especially females interested in Tech!).
- Exceeded Expectations!!!!- 1/19/2021Ashish Castelino • Data Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAfter researching online for almost 2 months, I finally zeroed down on Springboard. I have never had a pleasant experience with online studies, however Springboard is a game changer. Not only do they support you completely during the course, an extended 6 months support, post competition is provided which is an USP to Springboard. Moreover weekly one to one mentor calls, truly motivate you complete the weeks curriculum in order to present/ discuss with your mentor. Springboard also offers a Job Guarantee program to all eligible students, with the best of the best career coaches to guide you find you dream job. What I liked most was the flow of curriculum. Straight to the point. I can confidently say I learnt and enjoyed the last 6 months at Springboard and will definitely recommend SB to family and friends.
- A Life-Changing Course- 1/15/2021Janessa Poole • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI am so thankful for my time at Springboard! The course is well laid out and designed to prepare students for a design role. I felt as though the projects contributed to my understanding of Sketch and made me more confident in my abilities to use new programs for design. By far, the best part of the course was my mentor. I struggled initially due to some personal issues, and he inspired and encouraged me to continue with the course, even when I fell behind. With his support and the support of Springboard's career coaches, I graduated this past month. (With a completed resume and portfolio website to boot!) To any future Springboard students reading this: Know that there is a lot of reading in the first few units that may make you feel overwhelmed. You'll make it through! Take a breath, and even if you fall behind, you will have all the resources to succeed. Good luck!!
- Valuable Investment- 1/14/2021Aman Negassi • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was always interested in looking into a boot camp for improving my programming abilities as I felt college's style of teaching never got to me. With Springboard, my mind was so focused on the curriculum that I questioned if the cost was worth the investment. In retrospect, I would of started sooner as it expanded my mental horizon in a lot of ways from my approach to learning, improving my productivity, better managing my time, and ,y networking skills that translates to being more sociable. The connections I have made have been so invaluable to my growth as a person that my confidence in my ability to succeed has bolstered by the person I have become. It also served as a good time filler during the Pandemic while I was working on the COVID response and graduating college. It was manageable and I attribute the mentorship to that. This program fills the void that college could not fill for me as I feel more clarity in my direction path.
- Pretty good curriculum, excellent mentorship!- 1/10/2021Kelvinvino Assumpta • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis course will help teach the fundamentals of UX/UI Design through hands-on course work and accompanying curriculum. You will have a mentor and career coach who will be guiding you throughout the curriculum, in my opinion this is where the course really shines, you will be able to ask and learn a lot of things from professionals. I need to point out that mentors are a hit or miss, there are some mentors who are really willing to help and some that are not, good thing about this is you will be able to reach out to Springboard and request a switch.
Overall, the course will give you the tools to succeed in a professional environment- they cover basic fundamentals, design sprints, and you will also be matched with a company for your final project to experience real-life scenario work as a designer. The course is self-paced, I finished the course within 6 months and some students have finished even earlier. Job assistance is pretty mediocre, there are no job placements but at the end of the course Springboard will be sending you a list of companies that can give you a referral before you apply for the job.
- I never realize that I needed a mentor- 1/10/2021Cherice Chang • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track Prep • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe program content was standard, it's meant to make students more comfortable in searching for answers by themselves. I believe what you are truly paying for is its mentorship program, which is awesome! My mentor taught me how the real world actually focus on for skills, how a data science team uses agile methodology, what his typical day in work is like, and a lot of real world examples to expand my horizon on data science while keeping me accountable in this study journey.
- UI/UX- 1/9/2021Kara Brandon • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI am thankful for my time with Springboard. There is no doubt that I have leveled-up my skills as a designer, and have increased my value to teams--it follows that there is a sizable pay increase for the types of roles I am now qualified to fill. Coming into the bootcamp, I made it clear that there would only be value on my investment if I created good work, honed marketable skills and took it upon myself to work as hard as I can to create good work and get noticed. I think it's important to understand that your bootcamp alone is not going to land you a job. The effectiveness of your work will get you noticed, and your work with career advisers to ace interviews alongside finding an awesome culture fit and industry you can get excited about will combine to land you a role. I have heard this in multiple job interviews, that the reason I'm in the interview is because of the quality work in comparison to other bootcamp grads who don't have a design background. This is especially true if you're into UI, less so for UX.
I do feel the curriculum and the projects set students up to create the right types of work to get hired. As a designer, I brought a healthy amount of design skills to the program, and I think that really helps throughout the course and job hunt. I do feel it was more challenging for fellow students without a design background to cram design skills into their work while learning the value of UX. The most valuable project is your Industry project, where you'll be matched with a company to help them solve some UI/UX issues--this is really valuable and acts as an internship inside your bootcamp. I really loved my industry team and felt it added a good project to my portfolio.
I had a great mentor who offered really fair and measured advice. She also creates her own content and has an awesome portfolio with large brands, so I immediately felt that lent to the value of the course.
Overall, Springboard launched some great opportunities for me, and I would recommend it for students in design and/or students who wouldn't mind working a bit harder to learn design basics to then apply to their UX work
- UI/UX Career Track - Life Changer- 1/9/2021Lauren Joy • Product Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInTo preface this review, I began this program with a background in a very specific area of design outside of tech. I had experience with design thinking and collaboration, just not in a corporate setting. I signed up for the UI/UX career course because of how comprehensive it seemed to be. I wanted to make sure that when I completed my certification that it would really land me in a position to feel comfortable taking a job in the field. It took me the entirety of 2020 to complete the program (I took some breaks and extensions) but I accepted a job offer within a week of completing the course. The job offer was exactly what I was hoping for when I was working on the program and I know that the extra time and energy that I put into the course allowed me to get the role. This course will give you what you put into it. You have to put in the work and you have to advocate for yourself. Take advantage of mentorship and career guidance. Don't cut corners with your portfolio. Stay focused. If you do, this course can change your life like it did for me.
- UX Career Track- 1/8/2021Rukmini Natarajan • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInGetting into the UX Design Field was a dream for me. It is a field which I am extremely passionate about. I was at a stage where I wanted to do a proper course but not a full length graduation for more than 2 years. My main priority was also not just the course material but would I be taught the things that are necessary in a working environment. That's when I started researching about Courses and came across Springboard. Of all the courses I listed down, Springboard was the most flexible I could find to fit into my schedule. Initially it was just the basic/Foundation of UX. But as I went deeper and deeper, I felt like I was studying and managing a project in a working environment. At the end, I got the opportunity to do a project in a proper company and get the feel of utilising what I learnt in the course to solve a real-life company problem. I have to admit, despite doing the huge capstone, I was still scared, wondering What If I am not able to solve their problem or what If I do things that might be embarrassing. But the mentors and student advisors were there every step of the way calming my rapidly beating heart. But once I got into the company, things just came out smoothly, that's when I truly started appreciating the course on how well it prepared me to do this job, and thoroughly enjoying it during the process. All this I was able to do while having a baby and taking care of him afterwards. That's another reason I am glad I chose Springboard. Once I became pregnant after the course, I had only 6 months time to finish it, but I was gonna have a baby and everything. That's when I reached out to Springboard telling them my concerns. Not only did they take my situation into consideration, but understood my predicament, and tailored the course around my schedule so that I may complete the course and start applying for a job. They told me, they understand how difficult it would be for a person who is having a baby, take care of them, and come back into the job market. Which is why, they would like to help me in anyway to prepare me to get a job. For that I am filled with gratitude. Thankyou Springboard for this and for making me have a good portfolio.
- JOYJIT CHOWDHURY • Senior Data Engineer • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard's Machine Learning Career Track has been one of the best career decisions I have ever made. From online advertisements, Machine Learning or Data Science aspirants may have doubts about how effective the curriculum is or whether the job guarantee is worthwhile given the detailed curriculum and course fees. But trust me, from someone who has gone through this, every penny will count provided you UTILIZE their brilliant offerings and EXECUTE the plan which they advise. Mentors and Career Coaches are blessings which one will cherish while learning a new technology and looking for jobs. This is The USP of Springboard. They are such wonderful people to work with - they have patience to handle all your worries and advise you with the best strategies. Remember to stick to the plan and not to lose focus or pace - and you will see how this course works wonders for you.
Thank you Springboard.
- An excellent endeavor with awesome mentors- 1/5/2021Arif Shoeb • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe curriculum was good especially since we were given the opportunity to practice what we had learned through two capstone projects, a design sprint, and an industry design project. What really made it worth it though was the weekly feedback from the mentor.