Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.72
Recent Springboard News
- How to Get a Remote Data Science Job After Springboard
- From Artist to UX/UI Designer with Springboard
- Coding Bootcamps + Coronavirus: Updates, Scholarships and Tips for Learning Online
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $8,200 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,400 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
514 reviews sorted by:
- Lucia Zhu • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInWhen I was looking at bootcamps, I considered access to mentors, real world experience, and portfolio guidance. Springboard gives you unlimited mentor calls: during the busiest time of the curriculum for me, I was choosing to meet with 3-4 different mentors a week, which was awesome I got to do that. I learned the most from these industry professionals. There was 1 internship offered by the curriculum, and that was an invaluable experience because working as a designer on a team is very different than working alone. There was a unit in the curriculum dedicated to creating my portfolio, and I also chose to take the 2-month extension to have continued access to my mentors to just build my portfolio.
The mock interviews at the end of the bootcamp covered pretty much everything you would see at a UX interview: portfolio walkthrough, white-boarding, and behavioral. I appreciate the unlimited career coaching calls as well, including Linkedin and resume reviews. The bootcamp didn't give you real interview offers though- I heard a data science bootcamp did this but not sure if this is something UX bootcamps do where they have connections that get their students hired. I heard some students in this bootcamp got hired by their internship partner though.
The curriculum was informative: it is a combination of online articles and some articles written by Springboard mentors. These articles give more detail into UX topics and are good for referring back to (you get lifetime access to the curriculum after graduating).
Lastly, everyone I met was really friendly. The Springboard support staff is great and timely in their responses! The student advisors are awesome. The mentors know so much and the career counselors are so knowledgable. There's also a slack channel for all the students.
Your experience at Springboard is going to be what you make of it. They offer you a lot of valuable resources, and it's up to you to take advantage of them.
- Data Scientist- 5/22/2020William Dew • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Data Analytics Career Track- 5/14/2020Allison Rosburg • Product Manager • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI signed up for this program to help enhance my skill set with regards to data analytics to help increase my technical acumen as a PM. I do want to say that this course is a very robust overview of data analytics, so likely not the best fit for someone who is already pretty well versed in excel, data visualization tools like Tableau or executive reporting. That being said, for someone truly looking to start with the basics and move up through the intermediate and proficient levels, it's great. I was very impressed with the program materials and how the breadth of curriculum did not diminish it's depth. It's engaging, easy to follow and informative. Also, access to a mentor weekly, definitely helps keep you on track so that you gain a deeper understanding and don't get held up by difficult assignments. All in all, not the best course for me as I already knew much of the content, but truly a great course for someone looking to start their career in data analytics. Highly recommended.
- Challenge yourself to a new career- 5/11/2020Sava Dashev • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInIt is a good course that gives you freedom to work whenever you can. Don't be fooled by the freedom. Get your time set aside each week. Do your job!
The curriculum gives foundation to all aspects of data science. Also, big part of changing career is finding new people to meet with. The ideas in that part are very valuable.
Working with mentor helped me understand the basics and the principles. I really appreciate the help of my mentor Branko Kovach.
There should be more exercises in some parts. Particularly, some mini projects, where the code should be written by student entirely or parts of it.
It was a good experience. I learned a lot.
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track- 5/8/2020Atsushi Miyamoto • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard provides me a great mentorship and challenging curriculum. It was quite challenging to complete this course. Because I didn't have enough experience in math and programming. But my mentor helped me to keep my motivation and progress. Actually I have faced some problems with my mentor. I changed my mentor twice because my mentor didn't show up our call and didn't match their skills with my caption project. But the Student adviser supported me to change my mentor kindly. If you feel not comfortable with your mentor you can ask your student adviser. I am sure they will support you properly.
I would recommend you take Machine Learning Engineering Career Track if you want to dive into the data world.
- Digital Marketing Career Track- 5/5/2020Taylor Brightwell • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInMentorship and real-world practice were the two things that set this program apart. The curriculum was interesting but mostly curated from free online resources. You are paying for the mentorship and peer review of the work you do, which to me was worth it.
- student- 5/5/2020Jasim Rasheed • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInMentors are very helpful as they are experienced data science professionals . Great value for the cost of course but the instructions in some units are not clear especially in Excel case studies but overall it was a good experience. I am excited to start looking for a job.
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track- 5/5/2020Atticus Soane • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Ben • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track Prep • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI attended the fully online intro to data science course. While I did not finish the course, I found it very enlightening and insightful for a data analyst and data scientist career. The mentor I was paired with was very friendly and helpful, and was in approximately my same time zone.
- Data Analyst- 5/3/2020Angelica Kechukyan • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard is simple. Build skills. Meet professionals. Get career and industry advice. I went to UCLA for economics and think that, in some ways, I learned more from Springboard than UCLA, and definitely not for as much the price. The reality in today's economy is that jobs pay the bills and skills and experience get us jobs. Springboard helped me build a portfolio to showcase to employers. The more you put into Springboard, the more you will get. If you take it seriously, it's definitely worth the price.
- Digital Marketing Career Track- Best Ever- 4/22/2020Fanny Arenas • Digital Marketer • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe last time I finished any school was 15 years ago. I decided to enroll after I was impressed by my sister's curriculum for a different program. This was the best decision I have made in my entire life. Springboard is so easy to follow and excellent as far as motivation. You talk to a mentor weekly that helps with any questions you may have. The projects were fun and useful! I hate having to learn something that I will never use. This doesn't happen with Springboard. Everything that you are required to learn, you will use. I am a single mom with a full time job. I thought there was no way I could take this on too. I did and I finished. You can too. Invest in yourself!
- Data Science- 4/17/2020Lacey Field • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI enrolled in the Data Science Career Track prep course as well as the main course for a combined curriculum of 8 months. I thought the prep course was very helpful as I did not have any coding experience. The prep course did a nice job of introducing me to Python and getting me ready for the main course. I was able to complete the main course in six months; however, it is a lot of content and most people need a two month extension (which is included in the price). The content is very user friendly and helpful but can be extensive. I tried to stick to the 10-20 hours of coursework weekly to ensure I stayed on track. The course consists of two capstone projects, which are used in your portfolio, and this is where a lot of the technical skill is applied. I found the capstones challenging and enjoyable and felt as though they really helped me to understand the course material. The statistics section of the course could be better formatted and with more user friendly material. I did not think it was easy to grasp and would have enjoyed something more finished. I also would have enjoyed some cheat sheets or reference guides. They had provided those in the prep course, and I found them very helpful to refer to. I really enjoyed the mentor relationship and felt it was super helpful in keeping me accountable. I met with my mentor every week and was nice to have someone for questions or concerns.
- Sonika Gupta • Applicant • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI started this course last year as I was planning to upgrade my skills. I must say the course was very well structured with helpful material. Having a full-time job and a mom of 2 kids, this course was well suitable for me to study late at night and over the weekend. Few times I had challenges, but Springboard was always approachable and accommodating in terms of giving extra time to complete my assignments. I had one mentor the whole time who was always helpful and very quick to answer any question I had. Overall, I had a great experience and I would recommend to anyone who is thinking of switching careers or simply upgrading their skills.
- UX Design Career Track Program Springboard- 4/15/2020Darah Pereira • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInGreat program! They will help you in anyway they can and with a great attitude. Never had any major problems with them, only ones that were quickly resolved. I feel prepared to go into the job market. I have learned to start standing on my own. I see flaws in my designs, my portfolio, and it's just ways I can improve. I am very happy I took this class. I wish I had done the UX/UI one but it was not available when I started. If you have a full time job it will prob take you longer to complete the program but they accommodate to your needs.
- UX Designer- 4/11/2020Jessica Rude • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI have been a graphic designer for the last seven years but wanted to escape the design hamster wheel. It took me 7 months to complete this course while working a full time graphic design job. If you struggle with staying motivated, this course will be very difficult to complete since no one will keep you accountable to hit milestones. It requires a lot of self discipline. Having a weekly 30 minute mentor meeting via Zoom was very beneficial to me. I learned so much from him and it greatly enhanced the course for me. I really enjoyed this class overall and has been creating many more career opportunities for me.
- Great bootcamp you can do from anywhere- 4/9/2020Cayte Burdick • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe course was great. Even though you do it all online and at your own pace, you feel very connected to other people. I had weekly calls with my mentor who is a UX expert, that was super helpful. We also have a Slack community where we can talk with other students, and a community mentor who is super helpful when we have questions. There are also career coaches who help you along the way as you prepare for the job search, and continue to help you for six months after you complete the program! There are also weekly office hours on Zoom where you can ask any questions. Everyone is super nice and helpful. I learned a lot in the course, and am excited to start looking for my first full time position as a UX Designer!
- Victoria Jesionek • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Paul Scheibal • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe pros of this course are as follows:
1) Well organized set of curriculum to take you from 0 knowledge to an entry level data scientist.
2) Mentors are very helpful as they are experienced data science professionals.
3) Great value for the cost of course.
4) Challenges you throughout the course. Thoroughly enjoyed the neural network specialization.
The cons are:
1) I had a challenge finding detailed knowledge within organization for signal processing (FFT, DWT, …)
2) Career counseling became overwhelmed with the number of students and could not meet demand for a few months. It was corrected however.
3) If you don't live in the right areas of US, job guarantee is not there. Counselors do help you after you graduate though.
This is neither a pro or con, but be prepared to do a lot of research outside of the curriculum if you want to do this right. I would say 35% of my work was doing research outside of the classes.
- UX Career Track- 4/2/2020Katelyn Locke • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Data Science Career Track- 4/1/2020Rosalie Day • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard's Data Science Career Track includes an extensive curated course plan made credible by expert mentors - but be prepared to be frustrated..Springboard's Data Science Career Track is comprehensive, including: paid and free interactive courses, lectures, multiple assignments to submit and a great administrative staff. It is not only Python, but some UNIX, some Git, some SQL, some Pyspark, sort of everything you need to operate as a data scientist. This is a double edged sword because you learned how to do something, applied it for the next segment, but would go weeks without having practiced it. I spent a lot of time referring back which was frustrating.The most frustrating aspect for me was for most of the mini-projects, the assignments would ask you to use either new concepts/code or use functions/methods/attributes that were not emphasized in the interactive lessons. I again spent a lot of time referring back, combing through my notes, only to discover, it was not covered or not sufficiently. Perhaps, this would not be an issue if you had some previous skill with Python or a lower level language. (My previous language was R.) I spent far more time than the curriculum said – either taking notes or referring back to them.The one thing that can make or break your experience is your assigned mentor. (And by the way, I would have never persisted through the frustration without a good mentor.) I spent the first 5-6 weeks with a mentor who was not a good fit. This set me back for the first half of the course. I ended up changing my data set for the first capstone project after I had been working on it for three months. Luckily, my second mentor was extremely helpful, accessible and an expert. When I changed data sets, things started to come together. I also started to use more of the resources that Springboard provides - the on-call mentor and the TAs. I could not get much out of the community chat because even within my cohort there was a different pace.The career track means data science as a career. The career mentors were focused on getting jobs for data scientist or data analyst titles. I found out a few months into the track that I didn't really want to be an entry level data scientist. I have had 20 years of experience in public policy. I still want to craft and implement policy while having the skills to describe, predict with and visualize the data.
- So Glad I Did This.- 3/27/2020Robert Malka • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track Prep • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInJoin the data science career track prep program in February 2020, and I'm currently in the full data science career track program. There are a lot of good things to say about the program. The most beneficial aspect is that you meet with a mentor six times over the course of the program. This turned out to be essential for me, because he not only corrected my code, but he corrected my way of thinking, which improved my work exponentially. He also introduced me to other resources that would dramatically improve my coding abilities, and every week he pushed me to think a little harder and do a little better.
It's worth noting that the curriculum is curated, and so you could theoretically complete the equivalent program by paying a small subscription fee on Next.tech's site. But what Springwood really gets right is the structure of the program and the quality of their mentors and community. Best of all, the prep program is free if you end up going into the full data science career track program (they reimburse you 10 days in). A couple small notes: Next.Tech didn't quite give me enough practice with the individual coding exercises, but that was just me -- I think if I approached it a little less mechanically, it might have been enough.
- Springboard UX Design Career Track- 3/27/2020Marsha Dubuk • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInGreat program if you are working full time! It's still a lot of work and I didn't have much time to myself.... but it was definitely worth the effort! I appreciate the mentor-led model as it allows you to build a relationship with your mentor over time. They also offer extra mentorship on-demand if you would like. The staff of Springboard honestly want to see you succeed and are not there just to get money out of you. Very supportive staff and mentors!
- UX Career Track boot camp- 3/26/2020Morgan Tierney • Product designer in training • Verified via LinkedIn
- UX Design- 3/23/2020ROYDEN MILLAR • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInOverall I had an excellent experience with Springboard. My mentor was amazing in particular. The only negative thing I can say about the program is regarding their industry design project. The companies that they pair you with are not vetted as thoroughly as I hoped and I ended up having to get re-matched with a different company. Still 5 stars all around.
- Data Science Career Track- 3/22/2020Garrett Yamane • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubWhen I was in University, I studied computer science but I did not know how I wanted to apply it. I first heard about data science through some friends who were in the field, and I was interested in changing career paths. The thing I really wanted in a bootcamp was a thorough curriculum, which is what I got through Springboard. Not only did I feel like I learned a lot, but the selling point for me was the one-on-one mentorship I received each week and the capstone projects that I got to create through Springboard. The relationship I developed with an expert in the field along with the consistent guidance I received when I needed help understanding difficult concepts helped me succeed, and I would highly recommend Springboard to anyone looking to start their career in data science.