Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.74
Recent Springboard News
- 15 Data Science Jobs You'll Land After Bootcamp
- Inside Springboard’s New Software Engineering Career Track with Colt Steele
- 2019 End of Year Coding Bootcamp Podcast
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $8,200 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,400 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track Prep (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
455 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Great Experience!- 7/19/2019Marl David Binamira • UX Researcher • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
I wasn’t entirely sure if I wanted to go for a career transition and take an online course. But after reading up on Springboard and talking to their team members, I decided to take the plunge and go for it.
I noticed that curriculum is mostly made up of content that you could find on the web. I found that iffy at the start but then I appreciated how it was presented and how it helps you better digest what’s being taught.
The Springboard team is really amazing! Their responses were quick, professional, and reassuring. How they handled issues with the projects and people involved was done very well.
The mentor system is what I appreciate the most from this course. Not only did his experience and guidance help me transition into this new career path, but his life advice helped shape me to be a better person.
Easily, I would recommend Springboard for anyone interested in trying or learning more in UX Design.
- Springboard Data Science Career Track- 7/10/2019Jesse • Caseworker • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
Overall it was a good experience - you will learn to think analytically as well as learn how to write effective and efficient code in Python, SQL, and spark for data science. In addition to the core data science curriculum, you will also learn how to network, ask for and ace interviews, and negotiate salary. Anyone can take free courses online to learn how to code in python, but having everything arranged in a structed environment with a completion deadline really helped motivate me to do the work.
Personally, my biggest takeaway from this course was how to network and get jobs - as well as getting feedback from my mentor and career coaches. Networking was something I have always struggled with, so having access to the career coaches and seeing all of the ways to network really helped solidify my strategy.
- UX course- 7/3/2019Diana Sanchez • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
I would recommend the UX course from Springboard if you are looking to understand how the UX design process works.
It has an interesting and basic curriculum with lots of different resources to get you started. However, it's up to you to make the best out of it and to keep researching on your own. I have a background in design but I think if you have no experience at all, it might require that you look for your own resources to learn the very basics.
Springboard's effective customer service and kind staff were always willing to offer a helping hand, as well as my great mentor Ajay, who kept me motivated and grounded throughout the whole course.
The self-paced online study is something you might struggle with if you have a full-time job.
- Springboard Data Science Bootcamp- 7/3/2019Graham • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
A terrific, motivating course that gives you all of the tools to succeed. I loved my mentor, speaking with him weekly was a crucial element in my education. He brought thoughtful analysis to my coursework, gave good advise in the job search setting, and was overall very fun to talk to. The course was extremely indepth and productive!
- Loved the Springboard Experience- 6/29/2019Bibek Mishra • Manager, Information Delivery • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
I was enrolled in the data science career track of Springboard. I found the entire Springboard community (Mentors, TAs, Career Coaches, Student Advisor and Communities) very supportive and loved the wholistic data science learning experience. I recommend the springboard data science ceritication for anyone who is serious about enhancing their daat science career.
- Ed Franke • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
I just completed the SpringBoard Data Science Career Track program.
The purpose of the program is to give you the research skills to work in the Data Science world. It helps you prepare for the job search and the basic skills to be successful in the position.
1:1 weekly mentor call.
Career prep (university courses are theoretical, not real world focusing on the job.)
Time consuming (another part of your life will be sacrificed for awhile).
Should give more attention on business side. Data Science is great but needs to keep the company's mission as the most important thing.
- Springboard UX Career Track- 6/27/2019Amber Hicks • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlineSpringboard is the perfect place for taking courses, especially if you're needing a course that you can succeed in while working full-time. The flexibility that Springboard offers can be difficult to find in other courses. I was able to work full-time and work on Springboard projects and lessons in the afternoons. The Springboard staff and my course-provided mentor were there for me along every step of the way. Access to a community of fellow classmates provided me with quick feedback, encouragement, and people to share the learning journey with. The curriculum offers differentiated lesson styles with rigorous projects to apply your knowledge. If you're looking for an affordable and flexible choice in your learning path, Springboard is the perfect choice!
- A good way to start- 6/26/2019Sarah Aldalawi • Graphic designer • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
I just finished my UX design course. The UX program was good. The curriculum was a bit dated when I started but now it has been changed. Now it is smart and set up to allow for quick finishes if you're in a hurry or for a methodical immersive learning experience. The students, faculty, and mentors all helped make it a good experience. I would recommend it to anyone looking to change fields or add to their knowledge in this discipline.
- Mentorship Makes the Difference- 6/21/2019William Justice • Graduate • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online
Springboard has been a great experience. I had taken the Intro to Data Science before taking the Business Analytics course, so it was a good enough experience to make me a return customer. The BA course was much easier, primarily Excel for data manipulation, small amount of Tableau (but if you have previous experience with Tableau you can utilize it throughout the course), and introductory level SQL , all spread through a handful of interesting case studies. . I would definitely recommend this course. The mentorship with Springboard is top-notch.
- Data science career track- 6/21/2019Huan X. • Senior Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineI have an environmental engineering background and spent 6 months on the data science career track via springboard hoping to step into the data science career. It's definitely challenging and intense when you have a full time job at the same time. If you do not have the time, energy or persistence, I suggest you get yourself both mentally and physically prepared, if you have a full time job. The course program is good overall, not perfect. But the same goes for all other data science boot camps, as they are a relatively new field and still growing. The mentorship offered by springboard is definitely a highlight of the program and I had a great experience with my mentor. I got a couple of data scientist offers right before I finished the program and the outcome is extremely rewarding. If you are fully prepared, dedicated, and eager to learn and constantly challenging yourself (the learning does not stop through out your career), then I highly recommend this program to you. And best luck!
- UX Design- 6/19/2019Linda Tsai • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
Springboard curriculum covered all the basic knowledge about UX which is really nice for beginners. I personally really valued my experience with my mentor. I learned a lot of things outside the books, her jounry to become an UX designer, her mistakes and success. I also really like their community as they were very responsive. I am working full time while taking this course so I didn't feel like used that feature the the fullest.
- Wonderful program that really works!- 6/17/2019Ravi • Course: Intermediate Data Science: Python • Campus: Online
I'd been wanting to learn data science for years, and finally managed to do so thanks to Springboard. In a past life, I was both a web analyst for an e-tailer and a management consultant with a top firm, and had always wanted to get more sophisticated in my modelling work. I was also very keen to hone my skills in machine learning, and be able to build great predictive models. Fast forward a few months with Springboard and I've achieved all of these objectives. The mentorship was stellar, the project work excellent, and the student support top-notch. I can't recommend Springboard enough -- if you truly want to build your data science muscle, don't go to a cheap online library or an expensive in-person bootcamp. Go with Springboard.
- Practical, flexible educational experience- 6/10/2019Nyssa Bulkes • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
Springboard helped me ultimately transition from a career in academia to one where I applied my knowledge of research and the scientific method to industry problems in data science. My weekly mentor calls helped me contextualize my online training (which I could do completely on my own, about 10-12 hours each week on my own time) and also helped me understand how best to market my projects to appeal when I applied for jobs. While some can afford to quit their jobs and attend trainings like this full-time, Springboard allowed me to continue to support myself while gaining the training I needed to re-tailor my resume for a data science career.
- Springboard's UX Design course- 5/30/2019Chris Rowe • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
Springboard's UX Design course provides a quick start to finish option to go through a structured UX project and the experience of taking a project through all the stages of research and design. The payment option of a monthly subscription helps keep the cost low and the support staff was very helpful and quick to respond whenever I had to reach out to them.
- Awesome course- 5/29/2019Koshika Agrawal • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
- Melanie T • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online
I'd say the best parts of the Digital Marketing Career Track were the direct experience running Facebook Ads and Google Ads campaigns. You get hands-on experience using $100 budgets and up to $10,000 if you participate in the Google Marketing Challenge where you work with a real non-profit which is invaluable. In addition, you can talk to your mentor each week and they'll help answer any questions you have regarding these projects. I also appreciated the career services, especially since you have access to the career coaches for 6 months after you complete the course to help you find your perfect job.
- Digital Marketing- 5/22/2019Angel • Outreach Lead • Student • Course: Digital Marketing for Professionals • Campus: Online
I had a great experience in the Digital Marketing for Professionals course. It has great content that prepares you for today's demanding industry. Valuable mentor calls on a weekly basis. I learned a lot and feel comfortable creating digital campaigns in different platforms from scratch.
- Springboard Data Science Career Track Review- 5/20/2019Jeffrey Ebert • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
This program has many great resources to help you advance your skills as well as a curriculum that keeps you focused and scheduled in completing your work. There is a community of people looking to help you including career coaches, weekly mentor calls, which I used to discuss the projects I was working on as well as specific questions about coding. And an online forum of students asking questions pertaining to the same types of projects you are working on. The main focus of the course is completing two main capstone projects which are geared towards building your portfolio and are exemplary of work one may do in a data science career. While there are many smaller mini projects included in the course that are also good practice to improving python and sql skills, there could be created content designed for learning the code and applications needed in these types of assignments. A significant portion of the curriculum was just courses on DataCamp and video lectures, while informative, are not particularly useful in grasping the concepts needed. For an expensive course, I was expecting more specialized resources focused on learning the skills needed, rather than just projects that force you to know the material and go out and use it, which is difficult at first and slowed my progress throughout the beginning of the course. I viewed this as being both a good and bad thing, because although I began working on these projects without all the necessary knowledge and skills, it forced me to pick them up as I went along.
- Thorough introduction to the UX field- 5/17/2019Kristina • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
- Data Analyst @ Facebook after completion- 5/14/2019Ameen Abdelghani • Business Data Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
- dedicated mentor
- can schedule calls with random mentors for problems your having with very open times to choose (super helpful)
- access to datacamp and linkedinlearning (my favorite platform to learn data is from datacamp personally)
- Excellent administrative team
- Excellent career support team with advice well in line with reality, always super friendly
- Show you how to network properly
- Annual springboard rise event
- Involved student community
- too much use of videos and not enough use of reading for many of the subjects. Many of the topics could have been better explained from a book or article than watching many of the webinars from Harvard or pycon in my opinion. Those videos were often very lengthy and hard to follow along with and I found myself skimming through them. They didnt have decent background information before the these videos that would delve into complex subjects sometimes. This is my biggest complaint to be honest.
- Some of the assignments needed better instructions such as the databricks miniproject. I know trying to figure something out yourself is the best way to learn but when you dont have the
preknowledge on something so new to you it could be frustrating
Springboard was exactly what I needed as someone coming from a background in business and who had next to zero technical skills such as coding. I landed a role as a contingent worker at Facebook as a business data analyst. Without a masters degree or more extensive work experience in tech working with data, i still havent been well suited for a data scientist position, so I'm supplementing this with starting a masters degree program in data scientist, but I believe if you already have a masters in any field and or have remotely relevant experience working with data, a masters degree wont be needed to land a data scientist position like I think is needed for me. Springboard is overall an excellent program to learn.
- Springboard Data Science Career Track- 5/13/2019Samin • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
After getting my Ph.D. last year, I started to study about data science and get some online certificates. However since I had a full-time job as an Electrical Engineer, it was pretty hard to find the right materials to study or build my portfolio in Github. I got lost after a few months, and there was no support and feedback. When I found the Springboard career track program, I found it a matching base on my interest and my background. The 1:1 mentor calls every week, was excellent support and pushed for me. The other advantages were about the four mock interviews that Springboard provide to get us ready for the real interviews.
I recommend this course to people who have a good background in coding and have some knowledge about machine learning since it is an intense program and you have to invest proper time and effort in 6-8 months.
- Great Value- 5/8/2019Anthony Johnson • Student • Campus: Online
I just completed Springboards Data Science Career Track Bootcamp. Overall I was very satisfied with the experience. The skills I learned are super useful, and make me much more marketable as a job applicant. The 1-on-1 technical mentoring was great, helping me overcome obstacles and prioritize my time. The career coaching was also very valuable, helping me improve my resume, cover letter, etc.
Some of the chapters in the curriculum simply pointed to youtube videos, which often (though not always) excellent at explaining data science concepts. Some of the chapters linked to Datacamp courses, which are often a little too easy but do explain the concepts well. Overall, the miniprojects and capstones were great, and helped me learn all the steps of being a data scientist.
Granted I don't have a job offer yet, but their job guarantee certainly provides some peace of mind.
- Cliff Robbins • VP of Technology • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online
I enrolled and graduated from the AI/ML course through SpringBoard. The course was intense and covered all of the bases to take you from novice to advanced in 6 months. The program exceeded my expectations and my PhD mentor met with me each week. I could not have asked for more.
- UX for Graphic Designer- 5/7/2019Audrie Lathrop • Art Director • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
The online program was great for brushing up on skills and developing a stronger foundation for UX design... I do think the price is a litte steep, but definitely less than competitors. I was able to complete the course in two months, and take a break in between. The staff was helpful and open every step of the way, and I have a great new connection in my mentor. I look forward to using my new skills to inform my visual design.
- Dennis Gheldolf • Data Analyst • Student • Course: Intermediate Data Science: Python • Campus: Online
I started this program to brush up on my Python skills, as I had worked in financial analysis before and was looking for a data analysis position. Most of my data analysis before had been done in Excel, with some small Python projects.
The 3-month program had a curriculum consisting of mostly third-party materials - Youtube videos, academic videos, code exercises with first-party supplements, and of course a lot of coursework/projects. You also have weekly calls with a mentor who helps you navigate the materials and gives industry insights.
The curriculum definately boosted my Python skills to the next level, while giving a good introduction into Data Science concepts. In my opinion the Machine Learning segment was a little light, but it gives you a good foundation for further research and learning.
And yes, I was able to find a position in the field even before finishing the program!