Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- UX Design vs Web Design: A Helpful Guide for Beginners
- What is React JS Used For?
- June 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- CompTIA Security+, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, Penetration Testing
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $9,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis Cyber Security Career Track is the first online cyber bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,890/month, $9,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $8,500 upfront or $1,690 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $2190/month, $10,900 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $9,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1,890 /month or $9,900 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship $750 for Women in Tech and Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis course is designed to help students decide if a career in data analytics is right for them. It will also help them decide if Springboard is the right educator for them. The course will introduce students to data analytics fundamentals, including structured thinking processes, Excel foundations, and how to present data-driven insights.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $10,900 upfront $2190/month Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $9,900 Month-to-month: $1,290/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $11,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $7,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test No Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $1,000 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
1073 reviews sorted by:
- Khalil Aleed • AML Analyst • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe customer services are awesome. My student advisor was amazing. He supported me all the way. They offer unlimited mentor calls which is a golden treasure, those mentors will help you and explain anything not clear. The curriculum covered a variety of important topics and skills. My only cons are the curriculum can be a bit deeper. Their course is good but they teach the essential skills so you can't expect to be an expert in Python for example after the course but you will be familiar with the environment and you will have enough skills to survive
- UX Career Track- 3/5/2021Mike Zaengle • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInOverall, I had a terrific experience and would highly recommend Springboard to others looking at UX programs!The job guarantee, the price, and the 1o1 Mentorship were what led me to choose Springboard.Pros- Job Guarantee- Real world projects and a 1 month internship with a company- The price is definitely more affordable than other bootcamps I looked at- The mentorship was great! I learned a lot and all of the mentors are UX professionals themselves so they are full of wonderful insight into the process and professionCons- Easy to get a bit off track with their timeline especially when you get to the design portions. Prepare to spend more time on certain project assignments to really make it stand out. Their recommended number of hours to complete units is based on what an average student would spend (roughly C+/B- work in my opinion)- Since your mentor will most likely be a working professional, they aren't always as responsive with replying to emails and also they most likely have up to 4 other mentees. So being able to self-direct and make design decisions is important. Plus, if you want to finish the course earlier than your track, your mentor might not be able to go over all of your assignments in the weekly 30 min call. Just something to think about.
- Sara Jelenffy • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn5 Stars! Perfectly currated (you learn two visualization tools/ two programming languages + economics, statistics, finances, job search strategies, all aided by mentors and career coaches). I don't come from a tech background but this program was a timely and affordable way for me to make that move. Highly recommend!
- Robert Malka • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInIn searching for the right Data Science bootcamp, mentorship was the most important element to me: I needed to connect with someone who was able to help me master coding, thinking in data science, and the cutting-edge innovations happening in the field, while bearing in mind my background in philosophy and interest in AI Ethics: Rigor in the field, plus a way to tie it to the mental model I already had about the world. I was lucky to have found a mentor (Ben!) who did exactly that in my time at Springboard. Especially great, too, is their unlimited mentors option -- a half hour/day, every day, for the entire time you're part of the program. I used that liberally to cover the gaps, ask deeper questions, and find resources that were off-curriculum.
Springboard's curriculum is mostly public-domain, and I appreciated most of the resources they provided. DataCamp isn't very helpful to learning to code, in the end (try learning French only by being given full sentences, with a single word missing in each sentence you have to fill in -- not gonna happen). The notebooks they provided were mostly good. Sometimes they were unhelpful to learning this or that concept, although the team was rapid to help out. Here's my recommendation to Springboard: Give the option for students to do e.g. four capstones after Unit 6 (the guided capstone they have us do), rather than walk through the whole curriculum. If they opt to do four capstones, make the rest of the curriculum optional -- they'd simply be resources to help students out on their capstones. The capstones would then have to be approach-specific, e.g. do a capstone that works with a time series, or NLP, in order to get credit for the capstone. I suggest this because I find that I learned a LOT when I worked on my capstones, because they related to topics I cared about, and sincerely wanted to understand -- more, in fact, than I ever did plodding through DataCamp or lectures that didn't necessarily interest me. I think that'd also be better for student portfolios -- it shows they're self-motivated and can actively produce multiple projects on a diverse array of subjects/problems within Data Science. Just my two cents. IMO it's an idea worth piloting.
I didn't graduate through their job guarantee (or get a job ultimately related to data science), so I've left the "Job Support" section blank.
Overall, extremely grateful to have gone through the program. I learned a lot and I know I'll apply my knowledge in unexpected places & ways. Thanks to Ben Bell, DJ Sarkar, and Kenneth Gil-Pasquel!
- Springboard Data Science Career Track- 3/1/2021Stefanie Porcaro • Data Analyst • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPROs: mentor program, career coaches were very encouraging, topics covered, website layout
CONs: the stats book recommended, guided capstone could have used more explanation, you could do a ton of the courses on datacamp first for a lot less money, could add in more broad picture explanations
- Feel Ready to start a new job!- 2/26/2021Parker Konz • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI began this program with no experience in UX/UI and now that I have completed it I feel ready and confident in my skills to begin a new job! I loved my mentor, enjoyed the curriculum and I also love my career coach. I think it's a great way to enter into UX/UI. The star of the program is really the mentor, they correct your work and tell you about the real world industry! It's very helpful.
- Marx Ojemudia • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis is a great course that teaches you all the steps with UI/UX (Product Design) with guided mentorship from a UX professional which is more important than most understand. It is even prepares you for the intangibles you must have for the professional field through articles and the Industry Design Project.
- Great program and great support- 2/24/2021Yang Liu Kunz • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Researcher- 2/23/2021David Pence • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI had a good experience with Springboard overall. The main takeaways are:
-Jobs: I ended up landing a job that I had applied for just before joining the program, so I have limited experience with the job materials. From what I did, though, the prep felt pretty thorough.
-General Curriculum: I liked the technical curriculum a lot, and while the course had more of a business focus than I might have preferred, this probably reflects where the jobs are (and they tell you upfront). A sufficiently motivated person could piece together the curriculum independently, but working through things as part of a boot-camp serves as a helpful accountability mechanism.
-Projects: The Capstone projects were awesome. You have a lot of flexibility when it comes to topic and methods, so you can find something that really interests you. This is where the biggest part of my learning and confidence-building took place.
-Support: I had a great experience with my mentor. I was able to get clear project/curriculum guidance on a weekly basis and really came away with a good picture of what day to day life as a data analyst looks like. The program has tons of other resources if you ever get stuck.
- Lydia Ngai • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros:
- virtual - it's flexible and won't cost an arm and a leg to complete. The virtual platform also allows you to connect with people all over the country and all over the world and allows you to choose your hours, so you don't have to quit your day job (but you always can if you want to!)
- career services available throughout the course, not just at the end when you've finished everything. There are actionable career- related projects to work on alongside coding projects and homework
- TAs are available online via chat and email, it helps with going through a virtual course so you don't get stuck forever
- I personally really enjoyed the curriculum. The videos explained concepts well and the assignments, while challenging, would implement recently learned concepts. Video lectures are also pretty short and it's nice to be able to watch a concept get broken down into 10 5-minute videos vs. 1-2 20-30-minute videos. I appreciated that a lot of the homework built off of existing infrastructure (e.g. if you're doing a back-end assignment, front-end files would be ready to import). There were plenty of handouts summarizing concepts as well.
- mock interviews are conducted throughout and at the end of the course with other mentors/industry professionals. It's great to get critical feedback from others in the industry.
- job support post-course-completion includes career coach calls to keep you on task and improving.
- virtual. No classroom so you better be motivated or find ways to keep going.
- there could be more curriculum coverage on Data Structures & Algorithms, but the curriculum does have a good basic introduction to those. It's something I'll continue to study
- Data Analytics Career Track- 2/22/2021Anitha Pissay • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI had previously done an online Introduction to Data Science Course through springboard and my experience with them led me to continue with more insights and direction to pursue a career in Data Analytics. The course was well structured with a balance of all aspects required from a Data Analytics perspective. It had great course materials links articles and advise from Industry experts. The curriculum has been curated from different resources by their Subject matter experts and PhD level Educators that advise on what materials are best right now based on the trending market demand. The mentor led course has a one on one guidance with a experienced industry expert who throws in real life wisdom and practices. This further enforces confidence and skill building not only in a student like me who wants to switch careers but anyone who wants a fresh start.
Student support and admin support is excellent and my student advisor went to great lengths in understanding my personal shortcomings during difficult times and provided the flexibility in completing this course.
Overall I would rate this experience as excellent and highly recommend anyone contemplating to start with Springboard.
- Oliver Reyes • UX/UI Designer • Applicant • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe best part about Springboard's UX/UI Design track was the Industry Design Project. Working with other people on a real-world project gave me more confidence than any other self-taught course work could. 1 on 1 weekly mentorship along with a career coach I could have asked for at any given time was incredibly helpful.