Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- How to Prepare for Springboard’s Data Science Career Track
- January 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- Cyber Security Career Roadmap: From Junior to Senior Roles with Springboard
- Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, CompTIA Security+
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineSpringboard is a leading digital skills bootcamp that has empowered thousands of students to get their dream job. The Cyber Security Career Track we offer is the first online bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep"
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $8,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1490/month, $7500 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
831 reviews sorted by:
- UX Design Career Track- 8/10/2020Anonymous • Performance coach • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
- Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: OnlineMy background: Worked in BI for a few years, MS in Data science, basic knowledge of coding in python. Started coding in JS last Nov to prepare to get in multiple boot camps. Previously was accepted in HackReactor, Coding temple, Code works, Fullstack academy. Changed my mind to take Springboard last minute after finding out Colt Steele has launched the bootcamp program w/ Springboard.Contents are more or less the same as what is provided in Udemy except for Flask or some other fundamentals. React version is newer in springboard but the quality of contents is better on the Udemy than on springboard in my opinion.Lack of learning support. TAs are available and usually get back to you as long as the server is functioning properly, however, you do not get feedback on your work unless you specifically require them. This is the huge downside. Feedbacks are extremely important in the learning stage so you build a good behavior. This is the biggest downside of this program.Mentors. I would say, this is the least favorite part of the program. Despite the whole tuition is paying for mentors, mentors don't add any values. They think they are there to give you career advice and help you with interviews (all of 3 I have experienced said this) but there are career coaches for that. It feels like it has been a waste of money. Perhaps overly generalized, but I have had changed mentors a few times and none of them turned out to be helpful. I received many messages after publicly sharing my opinion in the springboard community so there is some consensus there. Maybe some people were lucky to have mentors that were helpful for them but it wasn't for me and I had to hire one outside Springboard to learn, which worked out for me (but expensive). When it comes to choosing mentors, you don't have a choice. It all depends on their availability. Oh. And you may get a mentor who never coded in python or js or react. If you ask any springboard material questions to them... they all go blank. They don't care. Previously when I looked into other boot camps, I thought it was weird that all the graduates were doing TAs perhaps that would lower the quality of the schools, well, now I know they are MUCH better because they know what you are going through. Wrong choice.Student advisor. They are always there to help and listen to you, however, they are limited to what they can do. While they do make sure that you are heard, the problems don't solve and that's the problem.Unstable server. The website is really slow and the video contents on Vimeo, There were many times that Vimeo server was down so you wouldn't have access to any videos. To this date, Vimeo videos may run in very low quality or the springboard page takes forever to load. (My internet environment setup at home is equivalent to a working office as we have 2 engineers at home working from home.) -- They changed this to Youtube and it's little better now.Career coach support. Their availability was unstable when I started but SB quickly worked on this. 2 months in the program I saw the open calendars again. I assume it is going to be stable as is. It feels like it has been worth it just because of the career support but then again, for a couple of thousand dollars, you can hire a personal career coach who will perhaps even make the job applications for you.Feedbacks. This is my main problem with them. None of the staff are familiar with springboard materials. Meaning, when you ask a question, they don't know what that is about. This seems like a huge turn off to me, given the program is 100% remote. They do have 2 live coding sessions (that's right, 2 out of 50 units, out of hundreds of exercises and assignments) with external reviewers who are looking at the same project over and over, and their feedbacks were helpful. That is because they know the materials! surprise! Mentors have no clue and if you ask questions, they will just google and give you a link that you previously saw before asking the question. We aren't paying so that they can google it for you... I got sick and tired of changing mentors doing all the same things. Seriously, if you want to make something out of this program, you need someone who can support your learning especially if you are new to programming.Capstone. Neither of my capstone projects were properly reviewed. I could not get any help to figure out how to deploy at the very late stage. Here is what I went through: ask TA for help -> TA says "ask your mentor" -> asked my mentor -> mentor says "ask TAs". Gah!! for real... Eventually, I got it working after getting help from an engineer I worked with from a hackathon before... This deployment alone took me 1 full month. Non-sense!For any of these things, I sent feedbacks to the springboard. They do hear you. But I don't know if they are working on them. I feel like the organization is somewhat misaligned within and the communication is broken. Even to complete the program there were several pingpong messages between advisor, support, mentors and it just felt very unorganized. Your feedback probably will stay somewhere in the backlog but who knows when that'd be the story to work on next.At about 60% in the program, I was hired in the field I wanted to work in. I can't say it is all thanks to Springboard. While my learning may have been based on Springboard materials Here are a few extra things I did that got me hired I think:
I have no idea what % of the cohort has graduated but I am in the first handful. SB opened Software Engineer in January and I joined the second cohort in February.In general, Course materials are great. Mentors, case by case or questionable.The student advisor listens to you. Career support is great. TAs are available. The slack community is healthy and active.
- I paused a couple of times and took an advantage of Udacity Nano Degree Programs.
- I hired a personal tutor to give me feedback on Springboard materials that I worked on (assessments, projects, exercises.)
- I worked above and beyond on full-stack python development that integrates machine learning, docker, etc for first capstone. I also developed a react-native app.
- I worked on CTCI and kept up with Data structures and algorithms on edx, coursera, etc. This is offered in springboard too.
- Springboard shows a progress bar where you are at and this helped me to keep up with my learning disciplines.
- UX/UI Design Course- 7/30/2020Anonymous • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online
- Data Science Career Track- 7/10/2020Anonymous
- Data Analytics Career Track- 5/5/2020Anonymous • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
- Well-structured, detailed, challenging and systematic course on the essentials of Python and Machine Learning, guided by an experienced mentor- 4/14/2020Anonymous • Graduate • Course: Intermediate Data Science: Python • Campus: OnlineI completed the Springboard - "Intermediate Data Science: Python course. This was a very good program, with great material curated from various sources, working together with DataCamp.
1. The course was very well-paced and structured. It would serve you well to follow the prescribed path, and in that order.
2. The mentor that was assigned to me was extremely knowledgeable, highly experienced, efficient and very good with his guidance. He knew exactly how to strategize for my specific machine learning problem, or any hurdle that I came across.
3. Very encouraging and understanding staff willing to work to a specific student's needs.
1. Some course material fell short in terms of further explanations of some of the basics.
- Data Scientist- 3/21/2020Anonymous • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
- Springboard UX Career Track- 12/27/2019Anonymous • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
Content was very helpful from various resources. Mentor was great and provided a ton of feedback/extra materials to learn from. Career coaching could be a little more knowledgable on specific regions/markets people are in. Very general advice for job search.
- I recommend Springboard- 12/2/2019Anonymous • Applicant • Campus: Online
I took the Data Science career track, starting in March 2019. I did it while working full time, 4 months in a company and 4 months building my own company. The content is great but intense, as it is a mix of hands on projects and theory. There is a lot of content, and would recommend focusing on Springboard full time (not working aside) if you want to finish within 6 months. I asked for the 2 months additional time because I couldn't handle the amount of work. But it's absolutely worth the effort!
- Excellent UX Program!- 11/21/2019Anonymous • Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
- excellent- 9/30/2019Anonymous • Student • Course: Intermediate Data Science: Python • Campus: Online
I finished off the "intermediate Data Science with Python" course in September 2019. My background was a master's degree in operations research and an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering. My prior programming experience consisted only of MATLAB from my time in graduate school.
I highly recommend this course for someone with a background that is similar to mine who wishes to evaluate their interest in data science and machine learning. The "go at your own pace" approach allows for students to take the time they need to fill in any gaps in their background and to really understand the course material before moving on. But at the same time, the weekly calls keep the student on track and motivated. I was quite happy with the guidance and supervision I received from my course mentor. The course material and assignments were well selected and the chronology that they were presented in works well also.
Student support was excellent. When I identified some issues with my first mentor that indicated a poor fit, student support reached out for a phone call, took the time to understand the situation and promptly assigned me to a new mentor.
- Springboard UX Design Course- 9/18/2019Anonymous • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online