Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.63
Recent Springboard News
- August 2020 Coding Bootcamp News
- What Is Design Thinking? An Intro with Springboard
- Are tech companies hiring coding bootcampers during COVID?
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $1490/month, $7500 upfront, or financing available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
626 reviews sorted by:
- Venkat Chadalavada • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn· If you accept starting with Springboard be ready for
-- No job assistance(You will have to find job yourself)
-- 6 months job guarantee is a liar.
-- There are lots of unemployment Spring board alumni.
-- 30 min mentor time once a week is not sufficient and satisfying.· it’s not worth at all, simply i can say waste of your hard-earned money and waste of time as well. So called mentors will be not available as per the schedules and they don’t spend much time with the students in explaining their doubts or explaining the concept.· Next coming to so called office hours, coding support sessions it’s just for the name sake they fix up the sessions without even asking/discussing our availability time, i can they do as per their need.· They force you to enrol for the course by paying 1.95 Lakhs and they also provide you easy EMI/Loan by third party finance company, after your enrolment they don’t even care/bother about you concerns related to course.· Most imp thing is, they state you like 100%per job guarantee after the successful completion of your course in 6 months but the hard fact is you can’t complete the course within the stipulated time as they mentioned since you don’t get proper support from mentors/support team after your enrolment in any manner and course is not easy at all as they state you while enrolling.· Whenever you try to reach support team/student adviser to discuss your concerns they don’t pick your call many times and if they receive the call they just say will come back to you in few min/EOD or will solve within EOD but you don’t get any solutions on time or they try to convince you as per their needs.· whenever you try to raise your concerns regarding the course, you will get only one statement/answer like you are not attending sessions properly, not following the mentor instructions or you are not spending your time. They will never ever agree their mistakes and listen you concerns as well.· Most pathetic part - When you say i am not satisfied with the course or if you ask for the cancellation and your money back, they simply say we don’t have refund policy at all and they will again try to convince you to the fullest with the flashy words/statements. It’s like mental harassment.· My suggestions please don’t waste your hard money and time as well.· if you are interested to learn data science and to make career transition, we have many institute in Bangalore who offer data science course, ML, AI course with very minimum fee ranges like 15–45k with excellent course structure so please don’t get fool y enrolling Springboard.· All the videos/materials provided by springboard are available for free in YouTube.· When the entire course material is free resources why they are charging 1.95 Lakhs I don’t understand· Mentor ship (mentor call) is something they make as a star of the program. But you will get to interact with your mentor once in a week only for half an hour.· I never got a chance to discuss in detail with my mentor as there was a time constraint (mentor is be not available after 30min)· Springboard is not helpful at all, all they are doing now, are blaming the students.· Whatever the things/words which i explained above, it’s my pathetic experience and wasted money as well.· Now for the curriculum. This was sadly most dissappointing. The course mainly revolves around data camp courses. And then these are supplemented by youtube lectures from Harvard or other institutions that would talk about the subject with the impression that you have intermediate knowledge of the subject matter, despite it being a beginners intro video to a concept. I have had much better success with the self study resources available on the internet, such as youtube tutorials etc. There was no feel of an actual boot camp teaching you, they basically link you to external sources that aren’t theirs.· The whole curriculum is just stuff taken off of the internet or LinkedIn learning. Very little original content. A lot of the content can be found by just doing a basic Google search. Overall this course did not live up to its hype.· I was told that these things do not matter and that you can easily land a job after you get both your projects done. I had done very detailed projects and posted them on github and did everything the career coaches suggested I do. Unfortunately, not a single data science position had reached out to me.· The program is a complete waste of money and time, one more thing, right after I completed my course, got the certification, In certification also they made blunder mistakes they added advanced ML track concepts like time series Analysis and Recommendation systems which is not an part of my NLP track.
· They dont know how to deal with students in a cordial way, I will not recommend this to anyone who is serious about learning Datascience, you can find their course on youtube for free· Frankly, I wish that I could get my money back.· I recommend staying away from wasting your money with them.· Don’t fall for false advertising.· I definitely made a wrong decision by joining Springboard.
Response From: Springboard India Operations of SpringboardTitle: Program ManagementThursday, Jun 18 2020Hi Venkat,Thank you for your recent feedback. We’re sorry to hear you feel that way about your Springboard experience. Our goal is to help our students realize their full potential, and if we have failed you in this regard, we apologize.We’ve had the time to carefully review your feedback and speak to your individual mentor about your course. We wanted to take this opportunity to go over a number of things highlighted in your recent review of Springboard and share our perspective in the hope of clearing up any misunderstandings.In your review, you highlighted three primary main areas of concern. Below you will find our responses to each of these.CurriculumOur curriculum comprises curated study material, hands-on exercises, and a combination of mini and capstone projects. This material is either created in-house or curated from external sources and organized to ensure clarity and coherence.Your feedback on the Springboard curriculum—which was received at the sub-unit level on 50 instances during your time in the program—was 5/5 without exception. To our knowledge, you did not raise any concerns about the curriculum at any point during the course. If we had received any feedback from you during the course, rest assured we would have done everything in our power to help get you back on track and ensure you had a positive experience.Mentorship programIn your review, you mentioned that the weekly 30-minute mentor calls were not enough, and that your mentor did not commit time beyond this 30 minutes per week. We spoke to your mentor and he assured us that he did try and commit additional time to you. We also tried to provide you with extra mentor calls when Springboard extended your original six-month program at no additional cost.Career servicesAccording to our records, you were issued the completion certificate for your Springboard course one week before you left this review. We also noticed that you applied for a refund request on the same day you received your completion certificate.On the refund request, you mentioned that you were not able to find enough job opportunities. Transitioning into a data science career is not easy. Trust us, we get it. This is why we do our best to help our graduates through extensive career services in our courses, which we offer for a period of up to six months after course completion. We also offer solid job training, such as mock interviews, to help our graduates better prepare for the job search ahead.We know changing careers is a daunting time for many of our graduates. That’s why we always strive to listen to our students’ feedback and improve where we can to help make this process as smooth and painless as possible. We want to thank you again for taking the time to write this review, and we hope you’ll get in touch with us directly to discuss the specifics of your course and how we could have better managed the transition. Thanks again, Venkat!
- UX Career Track- 6/10/2020Connor Proctor • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard is amazing! The curriculum is well-curated - most of it is just resources and articles from the internet, however the way they walk you through each topic and assign projects applicable to each section really helps reinforce the content and ensure that you take away the necessary skills. On top of that, the one-on-one mentor sessions are a huge advantage and really help when working through more complex topics or projects. My mentor was an industry veteran working for an A list tech company and his insight into my growth as a designer and design process was absolutely priceless. To top it all off, Springboard offers a "job-guarantee", although it does require a pretty rigorous job search regiment (which I was planning to do anyway). All in all, Springboard is an amazing value and should be very highly considered by anyone looking to make a career change.
- Data Science Career Track- 6/9/2020Jun Yin • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI was struggling to find a way to switch my career, until I noticed one of my friend with the similar background as mine, switched career successfully after completing career track with Springboard. Very intensive curriculum for zero background person, but in-depth knowledge and insights you will gain in the end.
- Worth Trying- 6/8/2020Tosin Adebayo • Financial Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI wanted something more technical and hands-on to add to my career development goal. I found Springboard's Data Analytics Career Track to fit that goal and I did not regret enrolling. The payment plan, flexibility of learning and paired mentorship make it all engaging at your own pace and learning curve.
- Finished in 4.5- 6/4/2020Aaron Wang • Product Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInCompared to other options, I think Springboard was the best choice to enter the field for me. The 1:1 Mentorship and structure of the course ended up being the biggest benefits, as well as the continued career support. The price vs. quality was attractive as well since they have always been completely remote.
I would definitely recommend Springboard to anyone who is serious about their career change and plans not to look back. It's not easy and it has been difficult and fulfilling work. I fully committed my time to the course since January since I left my marketing job last year.
I completed in ~4.5 months, while working on the course full-time so it is doable, but required a lot of focus and dedication.
I feel very prepared to step into a new role, especially after my final project working with a startup to develop new product ideas.
Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.
If you are definitely interested in the course, here is a referral code for $750 off your first course: https://www.springboard.com/invite/FMN0M
- Data Analytics Career Track- 6/4/2020Jerry Lee • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis program was broken down in sections, which does not seem overwhelming to complete within 6 months. At first, this was a refresher for SQL, Python, Excel, and Power BI. But, what I really wanted to learn and get out of this course was to learn Tableau, and this course helped me understand and learn the tools I need to help me at work. The weekly one-on-one mentor was tremendously helpful. He was very detailed and well organized prior to meeting with him for that day. He did not hesitate to stop if I had a question to allow me to grasp the course and get the best out of the program.
- Lucia Zhu • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInWhen I was looking at bootcamps, I considered access to mentors, real world experience, and portfolio guidance. Springboard gives you unlimited mentor calls: during the busiest time of the curriculum for me, I was choosing to meet with 3-4 different mentors a week, which was awesome I got to do that. I learned the most from these industry professionals. There was 1 internship offered by the curriculum, and that was an invaluable experience because working as a designer on a team is very different than working alone. There was a unit in the curriculum dedicated to creating my portfolio, and I also chose to take the 2-month extension to have continued access to my mentors to just build my portfolio.
The mock interviews at the end of the bootcamp covered pretty much everything you would see at a UX interview: portfolio walkthrough, white-boarding, and behavioral. I appreciate the unlimited career coaching calls as well, including Linkedin and resume reviews. The bootcamp didn't give you real interview offers though- I heard a data science bootcamp did this but not sure if this is something UX bootcamps do where they have connections that get their students hired. I heard some students in this bootcamp got hired by their internship partner though.
The curriculum was informative: it is a combination of online articles and some articles written by Springboard mentors. These articles give more detail into UX topics and are good for referring back to (you get lifetime access to the curriculum after graduating).
Lastly, everyone I met was really friendly. The Springboard support staff is great and timely in their responses! The student advisors are awesome. The mentors know so much and the career counselors are so knowledgable. There's also a slack channel for all the students.
Your experience at Springboard is going to be what you make of it. They offer you a lot of valuable resources, and it's up to you to take advantage of them.
- Data Scientist- 5/22/2020William Dew • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Data Analytics Career Track- 5/14/2020Allison Rosburg • Product Manager • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI signed up for this program to help enhance my skill set with regards to data analytics to help increase my technical acumen as a PM. I do want to say that this course is a very robust overview of data analytics, so likely not the best fit for someone who is already pretty well versed in excel, data visualization tools like Tableau or executive reporting. That being said, for someone truly looking to start with the basics and move up through the intermediate and proficient levels, it's great. I was very impressed with the program materials and how the breadth of curriculum did not diminish it's depth. It's engaging, easy to follow and informative. Also, access to a mentor weekly, definitely helps keep you on track so that you gain a deeper understanding and don't get held up by difficult assignments. All in all, not the best course for me as I already knew much of the content, but truly a great course for someone looking to start their career in data analytics. Highly recommended.
- Challenge yourself to a new career- 5/11/2020Sava Dashev • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInIt is a good course that gives you freedom to work whenever you can. Don't be fooled by the freedom. Get your time set aside each week. Do your job!
The curriculum gives foundation to all aspects of data science. Also, big part of changing career is finding new people to meet with. The ideas in that part are very valuable.
Working with mentor helped me understand the basics and the principles. I really appreciate the help of my mentor Branko Kovach.
There should be more exercises in some parts. Particularly, some mini projects, where the code should be written by student entirely or parts of it.
It was a good experience. I learned a lot.
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track- 5/8/2020Atsushi Miyamoto • Graduate • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard provides me a great mentorship and challenging curriculum. It was quite challenging to complete this course. Because I didn't have enough experience in math and programming. But my mentor helped me to keep my motivation and progress. Actually I have faced some problems with my mentor. I changed my mentor twice because my mentor didn't show up our call and didn't match their skills with my caption project. But the Student adviser supported me to change my mentor kindly. If you feel not comfortable with your mentor you can ask your student adviser. I am sure they will support you properly.
I would recommend you take Machine Learning Engineering Career Track if you want to dive into the data world.
- Digital Marketing Career Track- 5/5/2020Taylor Brightwell • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInMentorship and real-world practice were the two things that set this program apart. The curriculum was interesting but mostly curated from free online resources. You are paying for the mentorship and peer review of the work you do, which to me was worth it.