Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.75
Recent Springboard News
- From Microbiology to Machine Learning with Springboard
- How Top Companies Influence the Springboard UI/UX Design Course
- Switching Careers in Six Months: Anthony’s Path to Data Science at Springboard
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1099/month, $8,200 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,400 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1199/month, $5,400 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
407 reviews sorted by:
- Only Applicants, Students, and Graduates are permitted to leave reviews on Course Report.
- Post clear, valuable, and honest information that will be useful and informative to future coding bootcampers. Think about what your bootcamp excelled at and what might have been better.
- Be nice to others; don't attack others.
- Use good grammar and check your spelling.
- Don't post reviews on behalf of other students or impersonate any person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity.
- Don't spam or post fake reviews intended to boost or lower ratings.
- Don't post or link to content that is sexually explicit.
- Don't post or link to content that is abusive or hateful or threatens or harasses others.
- Please do not submit duplicate or multiple reviews. These will be deleted. Email moderators to revise a review or click the link in the email you receive when submitting a review.
- Please note that we reserve the right to review and remove commentary that violates our policies.
Click here to log in or sign up and continue.
- Great curriculum and great mentor- 10/13/2017Dirk Maserkopf • Student • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
My 12 weeks experience with springboard was excellent. My weekly mentor calls helped me to find the right way to analyze data and go beyond the actual case study. The learning material is easy to read and understand, not that the course is too easy, but the layout and structure of the course is very good and makes it a pleasure to learn. Catherina from student support is great to deal with. I had one small problem, none of springboards fault, but my first assigned mento wasn't available any longer, so Catherina went beyond her normal hours of work and found me a new mentor over the weekend. I was really impressed with the support she gave me and any other questions, were answered right away, even though we had like 16 hours time difference between Western Australia and San Fran.
A special thanks to Chinmay , my mentor, who was always available and even so we had to change sometime our time of call, he was always flexible and guided me through the course plus gave me some great insights from his past experience and working as BA.
- Foundations in Data Science- 9/14/2017Arun • Student • Course: Introduction to Data Science • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I took the Foundations in Data Science course from Springboard. I have had some introduction to statistics and programming (quite a bit of stats in my MBA program and took many datacamp certificates for R and Python programming).
Really enjoyed the foundations course from Springboard. Have tried using many MOOC`s (massive online open courseware) to learn data science but to no use. Springboard`s mentor driven and community driven coursework is a lot better. Setting up the R Studio environment, Github, writing code on R, R markdown etc, all take quite some effort, if you are from a non computer science background (I am not a CS major but had some coding in high school and undergrad). This is where the mentor and community are most useful.
The $ 500 per month fee is very reasonable for the community, mentor interactions and curriculum that you get in the course.
My advice to prospective students who have no background in statistics and programming is as follows:
1) First learn statistics from online resources like Khan Academy, Saylor.org etc. Topics may include descriptive statistics (mean, median, mode, variance, standard deviation, types of distributions, probability), inferential statistics (p-value, Z-scores, hypothesis test, t-test) and machine learning (linear regression, logistic regression, some simple classification algorithms etc). Even datacamp.com has many good coding courses built around statistics.
2) Learn some R, Python and SQL from datacamp.com. Take a total of 10 certificate courses from datacamp in these 3 programming languages. This will really help develop your coding skills. In R, take introduction to R, intermediate R, dplyr, ggplot, statistics with R etc. In Python, learn numpy, pandas, seaborn etc.
3) After you have finished above 2 points, you can move to Springboard. You may think that Springboard is also about the first 2 points. Yes, it is. But the most important part of Springboard is the capstone project. Once you have completed point 1 and 2, you can enter the Springboard foundations course confidently and spend most of your time thinking and working on your capstone project. Remember that nothing matches the skills you develop while completing an end to end capstone project. This is only possible on Springboard at a very reasonable price.
Lots of effort and motivation + Springboard + Datacamp is the best formula for becoming a quantitative analyst/junior data scientist, if you do not already have a background in statistics and computer science.
- Jenn L • UX UI Designer • Student • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I've been a visual designer (mostly web) for about 10 years. I've done aspects of UX in many of my jobs/projects. But there were a lot of best practices in research and prep that I'd never properly learned to be an official UX designer. I learned and practiced all these textbook need-to-knows and quickly got my portfolio updated to prove it through this course in a matter of a few months. I saved $1000's from avoiding full-time courses that I didn't need since I had quite a lot of on the job training already. Since completing the course I've gotten messages weekly to daily from recruiters on LinkedIn looking to place me in new exciting roles at big and small companies. TOTALLY WORTH IT.
My UX project from the curriculum: https://www.jennlindeman.com/ux-project
- Excellent UX Design course- 7/24/2017Amelia MG • UX Writer • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I took Springboard's UX Design course, and really enjoyed my experience. The curriculum was engaging, varied enough to accommodate many different learning styles, and was dynamic - Springboard updates their curriculum all the time, so nothing feels out of date. The emphasis on working with other students through the online community made it easy to gather ongoing feedback about your process, and simulated a bit of what it's like to work on a UX team - you never work in a bubble ;)
The self-paced nature of the class is a bit of a double-edged sword, because you can finish the course while working a full time job, but it does mean you need to be really self-motivated - I work full time, and finished the course in 3 months. Both your mentor and Springboard advisors are extremely helpful and supportive, and can even provide suggested timelines for what to work on each week in order to finish the course in the time that meets your needs.
As I mentioned earlier, each student is assigned a mentor, with whom you work closely, meeting each week to discuss progress, goals, and other, non-course-related aspects of UX design work. This mentor/student relationship was invaluable to my success. My mentor is extremely talented and charismatic and working with her helped keep me on track.
I highly recommend Springboard to anyone looking for a dive into UX Design.
- UX Design Course- 7/24/2017Laura A Hamrick • Web Designer/UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
I would highly recommend the Springboard UX Design course to anyone that is looking to learn UX Design or would like to get a jump start on putting some UX examples on their portfolio. I had worked in UX for about a year but didn't have any personal examples that I could show for on my public portfolio. My Springboard (Sara) was extremely helpful in providing me with feedback and recommending resources that were outside of what the course had listed.
This course was great because as a freelance web designer, my schedule isn't consistent week to week. Since the course is flexible, you are able to do as much or as little of the work each week to make it work for you.
I was left with an amazing portfolio piece on the entire process of UX Design and have been offered multiple positions since completing the course. I also felt extremely comfortable in the interviews as I was confidently able to walk through the ENTIRE UX Design process since I had gone through every piece.
Would highly recommend this to anyone interested in UX!
- business analytic- 11/27/2019Rikki Groeger-Gracia • Consumer Insights Consultant • Student • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online
Springboard made learning interesting and manageable with their program strategy of online learning with an appointed mentor. I needed to advance my analytics technical skills fairly quickly and have it fit into a very busy schedule of full time job and family. I was able to learn on my own time and begin the capstone projects, picking my own dedicated times. What made it a fantastic experience is the Mentor program that is part of Springboards curriculum. I was able to schedule time with my mentor based on my availability and he was flexible when work meetings or home crisis arose. The weekly hours dedicated to me kept me on track. The Community meeting options that lets you share your hurdles with others taking the course was also helpful getting me through the more difficult case studies. I received my certification and have gained tremendous confidence in the skills I've learned. Thanks Springboard.
- Digital Marketing Career Track- 11/23/2019Alessandra Bellorio • Digital Marketing Specialist • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online
- My take-away from Springboard Data Science Bootcamp- 11/21/2019Oindrila Sen • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
Let me categorize my experience with Springboard in 2 ways:
1. What I liked about this course
2. What I didn't like
1. Covers a lot of areas in Data Analysis, Visualization Techniques and Machine Learning
2. Mentor Support
3. Introduces some really cool soft skills like networking, writing cold emails, etc. which I personally really appreciate
4. Opportunity to work on 2 Capstone Projects to use the concepts learned in the curriculum and some mini exercises to practice
Did Not like:
1. The time provided for each section of the curriculum is not very realistic
2. Students may lose interest and get bored after some time
3. Career coaches are helpful if you can get hold of them. But it was challenging to book a time. I think they need to hire more career coaches.
Overall, I would say, I had a good experience with Springboard.
- Business Analytics- 11/21/2019Eddy Martinez • Graduate • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online
This course was a good and quick in-depth overview of data tools and use cases that you would use in real life as a Business Analyst.
I loved the class for a couple of reasons, one was I had an incredible mentor and two were the resources they give you and portfolio you make from the course.
- Springboard Data Science Career Track- 11/20/2019Prashant Sanghal • Supply Chain | Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
Great program to learn data science by applying what you learn, and building your own portfolio. You will work along with industry experts, who will guide you through the entire process end-to-end. There will be times when you will feel lost, struggling with the unknowns. I think that is the beauty of the program which prepares you to solve the real world problems as well as deal with ambiguity.
- UX Career Track- 11/20/2019Elizabeth Johnson • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
This was one of the best experiences I have ever had. I loved everything about it. I loved the mentor process. I loved meeting with them and talking to her once a week. I enjoyed the unlimited mentor calls. I love the way the thing is set up and how you can go at your own pace.
- Springboard Alum- 11/6/2019Angelica Mariveles • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
Springboard made the UX Design course a step by step process which allowed me to learn the course easily. At first I was nervous about how the course might be set up and how I will absorb all of this information, but Springboard structured it in a very easy to learn way and explains each part very thoroughly so that you are confident in understanding what to do for each project.
- Great ux design class!- 11/4/2019Laura terrones • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
- Dependable, Flexible, Helpful- 11/1/2019ADITYA THUSE • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online
- UX DESIGNER- 10/31/2019CHRISTIEA • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
HI I JUST FINISHED THE UX DESIGN COURSE AT SPRINGBOARD. I WAS A PSYCHOLOGY MAJOR AND JUST ENTERING THE UX FIELD. THE COURSE HAS A REQUIRED CAPSTONE PROJECT WHICH MAKES IT A GREAT HANDS ON EXPERIENCE AND AN INTRO IN THE UX FIELD. WEEKLY MENTOR CALLS WERE HELPFUL AS WELL.
- Springboard's UX Design Career Track- 10/30/2019Suzanne To • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
The program is much longer than the 350+ hours advertised. As a full time student, I was hoping to finish in 3-4 months, but ended up finishing around 5 months (not accounting for the pause/break I took in-between). If you're a part time student with a full time job, you most likely will be looking at more than 6 months depending on your pace. You'll also be paired with a mentor and it's a coin toss on whether or not you'll get a good one.
With that being said, the program is flexible and the Springboard staff is dedicated to helping you work through your schedule. If you end up with a mentor who isn't helpful, make the effort to communicate issues and give it a fair chance. If the issues continue, talk to your student advisor and he/she will pair you up with a different mentor. I've personally experienced this and was later paired with an incredible mentor. My student advisor was also incredibly compassionate, kind, and helpful during my Springboard journey. I would say, in general, the whole staff from operations, mentorship, and career services were amazing.
I was debating between this program and others, but I am grateful that I chose Springboard. The way I see it, there will be difficulties and hardships in any program. What's really important are the people behind the program and whether or not they'll support you throughout your journey. I feel like my concerns were always properly addressed and that the Springboard staff were genuinely invested in helping me succeed.
I just finished the program and received my certificate of completion today. Yay! If you're interested in trying out the program, here's a referral link for $500 off your first course. https://www.springboard.com/invite/0RQ65
Good luck with whatever you decide! You got this. :)
- Great course!- 10/24/2019Shubham Tiwari • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
Springboard is a great bootcamp with amazing mentors and ongoing career support. It consistently builds technical and professional competencies to be able to transition smoothly into a data science career. The job guarantee is a great incentive for studying hard and completing the course! Springboard has an active community that encourages students to attend conferences and local meetups. Personally it helped me to effectively transition into a data science role, coming from a chemical engineering background.
- Overall very positive experience- 10/22/2019Audrey Meng • Graduate • Course: Introduction to Data Science • Campus: Online
- Curriculum is very well curated and comprehensive; having the mini projects and Capstone project helps flex the coding muscles and build a solid foundation
- Mentor is extremely supportive and helpful, and provides many useful tips from real world practice
- Staff is understanding and always respond in a timely manner
- Useful UX course.- 10/14/2019Dena Kline • Creative Director • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
- Data Scientist Career Track- 10/9/2019Daniela Esparza • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
- Independent of your background, you can finish this program, on your way and with all the mentoring support that you need. The program encourages you to be creative to face challenging capstone projects.
- Opportunity to work in topics where you really feel passion, using the newly learned skills.
- Excellent professional coaching and final interviews to prepare yourself for the next steps and to build networking.
- The program might include more content and mini-projects related to PySpark and a sense of programming at scale.
- Some tutorials on the curriculum are little longs. They could be shorter (including just the essential content). The curriculum has a couple of own videos -introducing the chapters and coaching advice-. Maybe they could work in their own technical videos.
- Some people could need a little more support about datasets and available tools for capstone projects. Maybe in the first chapter, the curriculum could include links to datasets and examples of projects to guide them.
- A neat intro to the UXUI world- 10/9/2019Ali • Student • Student • Campus: Online
Springboard UX design is a thothought and comprehensive online course for those who are interested in UXUI but had zero experience. It had prepared me from the start by introducing basic concept to hands-on experience by creating a capstone project. A plus of the course would be the once-a-week mentor call that really keeped me on track and answered all the questions.
- Springboard was great- 10/7/2019Jack • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online
The material is mostly content from other blogs / learning services that is packaged together in such a way as to make it easy for you to develop a wide ranging skill set in digital marketing. I finished pretty much right on time even though I took the time to create my own content and do my own projects rather than just following the recommended ones.
The career coaching and mental calls alone are worth the expense. It helped me get a digital marketing job I loved!
- Lena Ugren • Marketing assistant and graphic designer • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online
Amazing course for those looking to start a career in digital marketing! You get so much value for the price! One of the best things was the opportunity to work with a non-profit through Google Ads Online Marketing Challenge. This gave me confidence on how to work on real projects, leveled up my communication skills with clients and gave my resume a boost. Student advisors and support are super flexible and available. My mentor has 20+ years of experience in marketing and I was able to learn a lot from her. Hands on projects with awesome technical support if you get stuck on anything. Highly recommend Springboard!
- Data Science Career Track- 10/2/2019Pardeep Kumar • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
I have just finished the Data Science Career track program at Springboard. I picked Springboard over the other data science course because of two main reasons:
1. I was able to work my current job and complete the coursework in the evenings and the weekends
2. My mentor was extremely helpful and guided to build a good foundation in machine learning and neural networks
3. The staff is great, understanding and respectful and my student advisor was really prompt in replying to any queries
4. The career courches are very passionate and experienced which matters especially when you are on verge of making a career change and you need someone to keep you motivated
- Business Analytics- 9/29/2019Connor C • Graduate • Course: Business Analytics • Campus: Online