Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- June 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- 5 Artificial Intelligence Jobs You Can Land After Bootcamp
- Guide to the Best Data Science Bootcamp Prep Programs
- Penetration Testing, Network Security, Ethical Hacking, CompTIA Security+
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineSpringboard is a leading digital skills bootcamp that has empowered thousands of students to get their dream job. The Cyber Security Career Track we offer is the first online bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep"
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $8,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $7,000 upfront or $1,400 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1690/month, $8500 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1690/month or $8,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $10,000 upfront $1880/month Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
947 reviews sorted by:
- Fantastic program!- 4/5/2021Taylor Myers • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI just completed the Springboard course and have to say, I have never made a better decision in my life! 9 months ago I was laid off from my service industry job, wondering what direction I wanted to take my life. Now, I have a full-time position as a UX/UI Designer making almost three times the amount I did previously. I use the skills that I acquired from Springboard daily (in addition to all the great resources they provide.) The curriculum is fantastic, the mentors are top-notch, and the community support is second to none. I will say that if you do not have professional experience working on teams, giving demos, networking, and doing a lot of writing, it could be a bit challenging. Overall, I could not recommend this program enough!
- Overall Great Program- 4/5/2021Hillary N • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe data analytics career track was a great program. Overall the curriculum is well designed it is easy to keep track of your progress. I loved that it was a self-paced program, but that it needed to be completed within 6 months, kept more accountability on it. The 1:1 mentor component was why I chose this program, and it was definitely one of the key factors in making the program so valuable. Having a student advisor that you could also schedule meetings with and email was very helpful in keeping motivated through the course. They have a slack community and office hours that makes it feel like you're not working alone even in a remote environment. The inclusion of a career curriculum helps to set you up for the best possible job prospects after the program. Overall great value and I feel prepared to begin job searching!
- Data Analyst- 4/4/2021Duy Dao • Data Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis was a really great course! I learned a lot about Advanced Excel Functions, Data Visualization, SQL and Python. The mentors were really helpful and provided unlimited mentor calls whenever you need help or are stuck on the course. I would recommend this course.
- UI/UX Design Track- 4/3/2021Zoe • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Amazing bootcamp! Especially the mentoring.- 4/1/2021Miwa Couweleers • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard was such a great investment into my future. The mentoring aspect of it was the most helpful for me. I really felt supported and empowered by the mentors, coaches, and staff, and got such high quality education and personalized feedback from them. I highly recommend Springboard for anyone looking to transition into UX design!
- Data Science- 3/31/2021Suvam Patel • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInTo sum it all up, this is a great program to enter/transition into the Data Science field. You will get all the necessary tools to succeed in completing the program as well as finding a job. You get an industry expert as your mentor and have weekly meeting with him. You have a career coach to look over your resume, linkedin profile, and motivate you. And last but not least you have amazing counselors who look out for you and make sure you are on track to finishing the course.
- Amazing mentors !- 3/31/2021Laura Cruz • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAlthough I was a little hesitant at the beginning because I wanted to take a course with a renowned University, Springboard gave me the flexibility of working at any time, which I needed, cause I could not commit to night time classes. They also had both Tableau and Power BI in their curriculum which usually for other programs is just one of them, and the thing that I liked the most was the 1 on 1 mentor training, besides unlimited mentoring from very smart people who actually work in the industry. The course is very organized, it has great content, projects give you a lot of knowledge, and I feel from the point I started, until now, I've learnt so much and I will be able to put all that knowledge into practice. And you also get the job career help from very knowledgeable people who really care about your job search and want you to obtain the best job. I definitely recommend Springboard for anyone looking to learn the Data Analytics Track!
- Data Analytics career track- 3/27/2021Vanessa Tang • - • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInStarted the course on July 2019 and just completed the course today. Great course, I especially appreciated the support by mentor and career coaches. There were times when I could not see the end of the course but with their encouragement and positivity I made it. I feel that I am more confident tackling the technical skillsets necessary for my future job in this area and it has also made me a more creative and flexible person.
- UX Career Track- 3/26/2021Pooja • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI really enjoyed my experience at Springboard - they really give you the tools to succeed, especially when shifting career paths. I thought the weekly mentors calls, open communication with my student advisor, and career coaching really empowered the students to reach their goals.
- Worth the Money- 3/19/2021Taylor • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard was a great program for me. I did the UX/UI Career Track Course. Before this I had absolutely no UX experience and very little design experience. Throughout the course I learned everything I needed to become a UX designer and I feel confident in my skills now. The curriculum is very thorough and all of the projects I worked on allowed me to demonstrate my skills in each step of the UX design process. I would highly recommend this course for anyone making a career change or wanting to learn about UX.
- Awesome experience- 3/17/2021Pedro Perez • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros: Superbly crafted course materials, amazing mentor program, constant support, great flexibility with the completion timeline, extremely relevant projects that translate into a portfolio well
Cons: Very focused on web development, no deep foray into lower level programming