Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.63
Recent Springboard News
- How to Prepare for Springboard’s Data Science Career Track
- January 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- Cyber Security Career Roadmap: From Junior to Senior Roles with Springboard
- Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, CompTIA Security+
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineSpringboard is a leading digital skills bootcamp that has empowered thousands of students to get their dream job. The Cyber Security Career Track we offer is the first online bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep"
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $8,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1490/month, $7500 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
861 reviews sorted by:
- Great program and great support- 2/24/2021Yang Liu Kunz • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Researcher- 2/23/2021David Pence • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI had a good experience with Springboard overall. The main takeaways are:
-Jobs: I ended up landing a job that I had applied for just before joining the program, so I have limited experience with the job materials. From what I did, though, the prep felt pretty thorough.
-General Curriculum: I liked the technical curriculum a lot, and while the course had more of a business focus than I might have preferred, this probably reflects where the jobs are (and they tell you upfront). A sufficiently motivated person could piece together the curriculum independently, but working through things as part of a boot-camp serves as a helpful accountability mechanism.
-Projects: The Capstone projects were awesome. You have a lot of flexibility when it comes to topic and methods, so you can find something that really interests you. This is where the biggest part of my learning and confidence-building took place.
-Support: I had a great experience with my mentor. I was able to get clear project/curriculum guidance on a weekly basis and really came away with a good picture of what day to day life as a data analyst looks like. The program has tons of other resources if you ever get stuck.
- Lydia Ngai • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPros:
- virtual - it's flexible and won't cost an arm and a leg to complete. The virtual platform also allows you to connect with people all over the country and all over the world and allows you to choose your hours, so you don't have to quit your day job (but you always can if you want to!)
- career services available throughout the course, not just at the end when you've finished everything. There are actionable career- related projects to work on alongside coding projects and homework
- TAs are available online via chat and email, it helps with going through a virtual course so you don't get stuck forever
- I personally really enjoyed the curriculum. The videos explained concepts well and the assignments, while challenging, would implement recently learned concepts. Video lectures are also pretty short and it's nice to be able to watch a concept get broken down into 10 5-minute videos vs. 1-2 20-30-minute videos. I appreciated that a lot of the homework built off of existing infrastructure (e.g. if you're doing a back-end assignment, front-end files would be ready to import). There were plenty of handouts summarizing concepts as well.
- mock interviews are conducted throughout and at the end of the course with other mentors/industry professionals. It's great to get critical feedback from others in the industry.
- job support post-course-completion includes career coach calls to keep you on task and improving.
- virtual. No classroom so you better be motivated or find ways to keep going.
- there could be more curriculum coverage on Data Structures & Algorithms, but the curriculum does have a good basic introduction to those. It's something I'll continue to study
- Data Analytics Career Track- 2/22/2021Anitha Pissay • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI had previously done an online Introduction to Data Science Course through springboard and my experience with them led me to continue with more insights and direction to pursue a career in Data Analytics. The course was well structured with a balance of all aspects required from a Data Analytics perspective. It had great course materials links articles and advise from Industry experts. The curriculum has been curated from different resources by their Subject matter experts and PhD level Educators that advise on what materials are best right now based on the trending market demand. The mentor led course has a one on one guidance with a experienced industry expert who throws in real life wisdom and practices. This further enforces confidence and skill building not only in a student like me who wants to switch careers but anyone who wants a fresh start.
Student support and admin support is excellent and my student advisor went to great lengths in understanding my personal shortcomings during difficult times and provided the flexibility in completing this course.
Overall I would rate this experience as excellent and highly recommend anyone contemplating to start with Springboard.
- Oliver Reyes • UX/UI Designer • Applicant • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe best part about Springboard's UX/UI Design track was the Industry Design Project. Working with other people on a real-world project gave me more confidence than any other self-taught course work could. 1 on 1 weekly mentorship along with a career coach I could have asked for at any given time was incredibly helpful.
- Data Analytics Course- 2/11/2021Zach Summy • Ops Manager • Student • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI would highly recommend Springboard for its course content, mentor support, mentor availability, and positive community support and vibes. For context, I completed the course while working full time and traveling for work, and while it was difficult to complete in the original goal of 6 months, with some course breaks and focused sessions with my mentor I was able to complete a large chunk quickly focusing on not being a perfectionist. I would also say SB is very open to anything you need or questions you have, and the mentors have a lot of availability. Their goal is to help you finish the course as well, so you don't have to feel like anything is holding you back. The content was varied from Economics and Finance to Python coding so it continued to be interesting content. I would highly recommend if you are considering a career change or to just add to your current professional skills!
- UX Design Career Track- 2/11/2021Ty Grigg • UX Specialist • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI chose Springboard because I liked the flexibility of remote learning but I knew I needed a mentor. In 2020, Springboard was about half the cost of the other big-name bootcamps that met in person. They offered a job-guarantee but you have to pass the mock interviews at the end and meet the job pursuing requirements after you are done with the curriculum.
The curriculum was outstanding. During one interview, as I talked with the employer about the design process that I took for my capstone project, she said, "that is how it should be done!" Interspersed in the design units are career units that lay the groundwork for finding a job. After each career section, you meet with a career mentor. As someone who had not applied for a job in some time, the career components gave me the needed coaching and confidence to land my first role.
- Expensive but in depth- 2/7/2021Nichole • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard is one of the more expensive courses. However, as someone who is new to coding this is a great option for individuals looking for in depth knowledge of using Python to solve data science problems. Geared more towards data science for business problems. As someone in the research field, I was still able to apply these skills to less business oriented tasks. A little light on the statistics. The one-on-one weekly mentor meetings and monthly career coach calls are a great advantage. Finishing the course I feel well prepared to find a job in data, as well as, learn other statistic languages more independently.
- Data Science Career Track- 2/5/2021Marcelo Fuentes • Data Scientist • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI only have good things to say about Springboard, I found the coursework to be very interesting, my mentor gave me consistently high quality advice and the career coaches provided valuable feedback during my job search and the interview process. I would not hesitate recommending friends of mine who are trying to pick up new technical skills and/or switch careers to apply to Springboard!
- Software Engineering Track- 2/2/2021Zachary Bradley • Student • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInStarting the Springboard Software Engineering Career Track was one of the best decisions I have made for my career. I started programming on my own a year before starting and had hit a wall with how to progress. The course is structured in a great way to teach you a lot of the current industry tech and techniques. This course helped me solidify the knowledge I had gained on my own and made me extremely confident in my coding abilities. Hands down one of the best features of Springboard is the mentorship part. My mentor was able to give be solid advice and resources to improve myself even past Springboard. I couldn't recommend them enough.
- Great Experience- 2/1/2021Bonnie Sweet • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI just "graduated" from Springboard a week ago and am starting the job search so can't speak much about the outcomes yet, but overall I'm very happy with my experience. I had a hard time choosing which bootcamp to attend, but ended up going with Springboard as it offered unlimited mentor calls, job search support, and a one-month internship (IDP project). The curriculum was solid and well-thought out, and I came out of it feeling like I worked hard and learned a lot. I particularly enjoyed my IDP project as I got to collaborate with a couple other students on the partial redesign of a London-based start up company's website.
The program is pretty flexible and allows you to self-pace yourself to a certain degree, which was great as I was in the midst of some big moves and life changes, but I enjoyed the consistency of having a mentor to check in with, get feedback from, and talk things through. I would definitely recommend this program to anyone looking to enter the field of UX!