Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- January 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- Cyber Security Career Roadmap: From Junior to Senior Roles with Springboard
- 2020 Coding Bootcamp News Roundup
- Penetration Testing, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, CompTIA Security+
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineSpringboard is a leading digital skills bootcamp that has empowered thousands of students to get their dream job. The Cyber Security Career Track we offer is the first online bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep"
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $8,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1490/month, $7500 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
778 reviews sorted by:
- A Confidence Building Experience- 12/28/2020Ellie Morris • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe entire course at Springboard was such a great experience, from beginning to end. The research not only allowed me to expand my knowledge, but it taught me how to self-learn.
Originally, I had enrolled in a UX Bootcamp with UCI, and planned to attend in person classes. However, when COVID came about, they moved their entire course online, and didn't alter the 12,000 tuition. I wasn't sure how prepared UCI would be to conduct remote classes, and if they would be able to offer the same value as if it had been in person. When I called them, I received no change in the tuition for a fully remote course, and little help. This reception changed my mind about the course, and with much difficulty sought to get back my downpayment as the course was no longer the same. I decided to look for a course that was intended to be online, as I was hoping that they would have a curriculum built around the online factor.
I researched multiple schools, and settled on Springboard as it was reputed for a wealth of curriculum and resources. My introductory phone call went so well, and the woman I spoke with expressed sympathy for my complications with my UCI Bootcamp. The tuition for my UX Career Track was half of the tuition for UCI, which would now be the in the same format.
I was wary of the online factor, and wasn't sure if I would be able to find motivation to keep up with my work. When I began, it seemed as though Springboard already knew the struggles of working from home. The best thing that cut against my procrastination was having a mentor who I met with once a week. Every week I wanted to have accomplished something new to show him, and have moved forward in the course. In addition, one of my favorite little things was that there was a little note on each section, saying how long it took to complete the section. It became a game for me, seeing how quickly I could complete the section, trying to beat the time. (While still retaining the information I learned.) Springboard drew from a wealth of resources, and offering me viewpoints from websites I had never heard of, I learned of sources I could continue to tap for information.
My UX course took me through the design process, taught me how to think about it, my mentor refined my process, and at the end of the day, left me feeling equipped beyond what I thought possible. In addition, there were career calls throughout the course that taught me how other professionals responded to me, and built my confidence so much. I felt like the course successfully brought me, not to the end of the course, but to the start of my career. I was brought into the world of UX Professionals, and accepted as one of them.
I have and will continue to recommend Springboard to people around me. The course gave me a strong foundation, and boosted my confidence to view myself as a UX Designer, and an industry professional.
- UX Design Career Track- 12/26/2020Ryan Dunn • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInOverall, I really liked the UX Career Track course with Springboard. I spent a little over $7,000 and am now preparing for the job search. Like most online programs, I think the experience is what you make it. I enjoyed the help from my mentors along the way and really felt supported. If I had questions, they always pointed me towards helpful resources. I'm genuinely going to miss my mentor meetings, but I'm looking forward to my future as a UX Designer!
- Overall good experience- 12/24/2020Conor Wagner • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI would recommend Springboard to anyone trying to learn while working. The independent and self pace structure is what set it apart from other programs, and the mentors are there for you the whole way. At times, I did feel it was a little too independent and got very stressed out, but there are a bunch of resources and a community there if you need it. Honestly, my decision to do the course was very spontaneous and I after I signed up I was overwhelmed, but now that it's over I can't be more happy with my decision. This course set me up for a new career path, something that I was in desperate need for. I'm just about to start my job search in a bad economy, so a bit nervous. But proud of myself for using the pandemic as a time to learn and grow instead of wait around.
- Accelerated my Career- 12/24/2020Jacob Wojcik • Data Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI took the Data Science Career Track (and prep) and was very impressed with the material covered and the real world examples they used in this course. If I was to do it all over again I would schedule a 1:1 mentor call each day on top of my weekly mentor call. The daily mentor call people can help you with anything but you only get 1 a day. I ended up finding a job before I graduated the course. I owe a lot to Springboard for my success!
- UX / UI- 12/24/2020Nicolas Baas • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe courses mainly consist of videos and articles to be read and watched. This may seem counterproductive, but in the long term, one realizes that the organization of the work has been designed to maximize the assimilation of knowledge - everything has been distributed according to a precise agenda, which presents successive objectives in the same way as a game (with progress bar, etc).
Following your own progress week after week, taking a review each time with your mentor is fun, exciting and above all very effective. You find yourself absorbing a significant amount of knowledge in a very short period of time.
Just be warned that the UX / UI course is quite dense, and should not be taken lightly. The training is well worth the investment if you do it seriously.
Last precision : I think that the courses proposed by Springboard are mostly valued in the United States. In Europe, few people seems to know this institution. It's unfortunate, but people are starting to do the same thing here - which is a good sign in regards of quality.
- UX Career Track- 12/23/2020Yvonne Chen • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI learned a lot during my time with Springboard, which was the ultimate goal. I enjoyed that the program was online and self-paced. Also, the mentor I had provided a lot of guidance. However, as an aural learner who enjoys discussing through problems, it was sometimes hard to find motivation.
- Data Science Career Track and Prep- 12/21/2020Anthony Truscello • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI took the Data Science Career Track (and prep) and was very impressed with the material covered and the real world examples they used in this course. If I was to do it all over again I would schedule a 1:1 mentor call each day on top of my weekly mentor call. The daily mentor call people can help you with anything but you only get 1 a day. I only wish Springboard would increase this count because there is a lot of stuck moments when you try to do this 4+ hours a day.
Side note: I took this as the monthly installments and was able to do the course in 4 months (saving 2 months at almost $1500/mo = 3k SAVED!!!)
- Organized and Hands-on- 12/20/2020Sonia Abdulbaki • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard provided an organized way for students to learn the design thinking methodology and apply it! The community support and the hands-on approach were well done. The community was helpful, responsive and positive and the hands-on coursework really helped me develop skills I didn't even know I had. I was even able to apply my skills to a project with a real world company.
- UI/UX Career Track- 12/15/2020Erica Meng • Applicant • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Supportive every step of the way- 12/11/2020Gabrielle Pangilinan • Design Development Engineer • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI love that I got to meet my mentor once a week plus emailing him whenever I needed feedback or advice during the course. The process of going through each unit was pretty fluid and Springboard continues to make improvements to the user experience of their platform for everyone no matter what section they’re on. The advisors always get back to me whenever I had questions. Something that I hope they add to the curriculum is a feature that either shows a call-to-action if a work submitted for a unit was approved or not. Sometimes I submit work and turns out I need to go back to make edits when I’m already on the next unit. Also when it came to moving on to the IDP, I didn’t know that I had to email my advisor. So maybe adding a button in the IDP unit to confirm that the student is ready to start the IDP could make it easier.
I just completed the UX Career Track, which took me more than 6 months because I was working full time. I ended up leaving my job because 1) I wasn’t happy, and 2) I didn’t have the capacity to balance both responsibilities. I was fortunate to be living with my parents at the time so it made it easier to just focus on school rather than needing a job to pay for rent.
Before graduating, I got a job near the end of my course. I was actually scouted due to updating my portfolio and LinkedIn with feedback from my career coach.
- Just finished UX Design Course- 12/10/2020Kyle Schwenn • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- Data Analytics Career Path- 12/6/2020Richard Pisano • Data Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard is an awesome place to get your start in data analytics. While their curriculum is intensive (as it cover a large breadth industry skills and knowledge), it is impressively structured to keep you on track to finish the program within 6-months. Springboard also has amazing mentors! From your 1-on-1 industry expert mentorship to Springboard's dedicated career and support advisors, Springboard has got it down. I would 100% recommend Springboard to anyone who is looking for a data analytics program that offers both support and substance.