Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, machine learning, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through weekly video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- What is React JS Used For?
- June 2021 Coding Bootcamp News
- 5 Artificial Intelligence Jobs You Can Land After Bootcamp
- CompTIA Security+, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, Penetration Testing
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis Cyber Security Career Track is the first online cyber bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $2,390/month, $11,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $8,500 upfront or $1,690 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $2190/month, $10,900 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test Yes Interview Yes Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $2190/month or $10,900 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis course is designed to help students decide if a career in data analytics is right for them. It will also help them decide if Springboard is the right educator for them. The course will introduce students to data analytics fundamentals, including structured thinking processes, Excel foundations, and how to present data-driven insights.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $10,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $10,900 upfront $2190/month Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $9,900 Month-to-month: $1,290/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $11,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $7,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test No Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
1036 reviews sorted by:
- Data Analytics- 6/22/2021Kristin • Compliance analyst • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI had an arts degree, basic skills from the free codecademy python, and some experience in customer service. I did not think this would be successful, and thought that at best I'd get a job and at minimum I would get my money back and a bunch of new skills. Now, 4 days after I completed the course, I'm being hired at a dream company making almost double what I was making before.
This may or may not happen to you. All I can say is, you have nothing to lose. You either do it and get the job, or you get all your money back. It has the potential to change your life, or you've learned an incredible amount of tech skills for free.
The support system you will receive is unbelievably good. the career coaches I've talked to have all been amazing, I was assigned to a mentor that talked an hour with me every week, and I love the work that I do now. I have my constructive curriculum for the course, but overall they continue to update it and listen to student feedback, so if you're reading this a month, a year, or even further from now, I imagine it's an even better course than I got.
There's nothing to lose and everthing to gain from this course.
- Accommodating and Thorough- 6/21/2021Tessa Veto • UX/UI Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI loved my Springboard experience! The program is self led, and you work with a weekly mentor to receive feed back and keep yourself on track. When I was diagnosed with ADHD in the middle of the program, I asked for and promptly received an extension accommodation that allowed me to finish strong.
- UX Career Track Experience- 6/18/2021Sahar Shakoori • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI started off my journey through Springboard during the cusp of the COVID pandemic. Although that lead to many hardships I could never have predicted, I always knew that I had the support of my mentor and the Springboard Team. My student advisor(s) were always very easy to talk to and get ahold of during these hardships. They allow for a couple of pauses that I definitely took advantage of as they allowed me to collect myself, take breaks, and be easy on myself. During these times, taking care of yourself first is of utmost importance.
Some things that I wish I did more:
-The Unlimited Mentor Calls. Specifically while completing my capstone project, there are so many aspects to starting and completing a whole UX Design for the first time. While my mentor provided so much feedback that allowed me to complete my projects with grace, a little more help would have been useful.
Be prepared to find a lot of the curriculum to be easy "searchable" from google. While the content may not be hard to get access to, the way they organize it is beneficial for those who want an extra hand at learning UX from the comfort of their own home.
Overall I enjoyed my experience and would recommend this Bootcamp for someone who wants to not feel as rushed throughout the program. You are able to truly consume all the knowledge at a healthy pace.
- Data Analytics Career Track- 6/18/2021Max Von Luehrte • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis course was a fantastic learning experience for me, it not only helped me hone my skills in Python, Tableau, and Excel but also made me feel much more comfortable with what a data analyst actually does. My mentor gave me real world knowledge to see what his job is like, and always had answers to my questions. On top of his support there are chats, career mentors, and office hours all to support your education. SpringBoard is set up very well and lets you gain a lot of new knowledge.
- UI/UX Design Career Track- 6/17/2021Cody • UI/UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInCompleting Springboard's UI/UX Design Career Track was one of the best decisions for my career! I feel equipped with the skills and confidence to succeed in my new role. The 1x1 mentorship, career advice, hiring manager reviews etc were incredibly valuable. Throughout the course I was regularly given constructive feedback that would later help me land my dream job. I now have a job that I love, doing something I love and I nearly doubled my annual salary! I highly recommend Springboard's UI/UX Design Career Track to anyone ready to put in the hard work and make a truly life changing decision.
- Data Science Career Track Prep Course- 6/15/2021Kyle Stoudt • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track Prep • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedIn
- James Michael Cahal • Software Developer • Graduate • Course: Software Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis program was a great fit for me. Coming from a career background of education and music, breaking into the developer world was daunting. Through the mentorship, curriculum and job support components of Springboard I was able to learn the skills and experience to forge a path towards a career in web development while maintaining a full time job. Now, this was not easy and presented some challenges when it comes to balancing a demanding full time job with Springboard's innovative and rigorous curriculum. However, my mentor was awesome in helping me through the highs and lows while giving first hand professional expertise. If you are serious about a career change into the coding/ tech world and are looking for a program that will match and support your desire to learn and progress to a career in software engineering then this is the program for you!
- Amazing professional development- 6/4/2021Michaella Phillips • Graduate • Verified via LinkedInI was so happy that my husband pushed me to join Springboard. I really benefitted from the mentorship and the career services help. I think. I would have done well using other cheaper options to get into this industry but the career services and mentor program were what made me sign up to begin with.
- UX/UI Design- 6/1/2021Trinity Evans- Harris • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThis program was tough to finish, but I am so gad that I didn't quit. I have a great understanding of the UX/UI Design, and this course help me realize that this is what I want to for the rest of my life. Thank you Springboard, now its time to find a job, and put these skills to work.
- Best Online School- 5/21/2021Robert • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI had an amazing time with Springboard. Amazing design experience from the ground up, fantastic support, great coaches, but above all the best mentorship experience. My mentor will be a friend for life and will be invaluable to my career in the future. Nothing but positive things to say about my Springboard experience.
- Taught me what I didn't learn in school- 5/15/2021Monika Helak • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAs someone who graduated from undergrad with a biochem degree, almost no coding experience, no relevant projects to showcase on my resume and no idea of how to get a job, the Data Science course and whole package accomplished what it said it would: I got a job in data before I even finished the course. That being said - it took me an entire year to finish (as I started a Master's in Statistics about halfway through), but spreading the coursework out over a long period of time and having time to process the concepts was invaluable. While I wouldn't say Springboard is an easy fix to get a job ASAP, it was incredibly transformative overall for my career and approach to learning in a positive way. It has helped me learn more efficiently in grad school by focusing my learning on industry relevant things. Make sure to develop a good relationship with your mentor and utilize on-demand mentors frequently to get unstuck when coding new concepts.
- PaJai Vang • UX Designer • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInAfter the program, I felt more confident going out and applying for UX design jobs. My favorite part would be the Industry Design project. I find myself referencing that project multiple times in interviews and interviewees receive the experience well too. I just finished the program yesterday, I'm now entering the job search phase with a career coach. This part of the program was what really sold me into committing.