Springboard is an online learning platform that prepares students for the tech industry’s most in-demand careers with comprehensive, mentor-led online programs in software engineering, data science, UI/UX design, cybersecurity, tech sales, and more. All Springboard courses are 100% online, remote, and self-paced throughout an average of 6-9 months. Springboard acts as a support system, coach, and cheerleader for working professionals who are ready to level-up or make a major career shift. Students have access to a unique community of industry mentors, thought leaders, and alumni, who are on hand to offer insights, networking opportunities, and support throughout the program and well past graduation. Every Springboard student is matched with a personal student advisor and industry mentor who guides them throughout the program through regular video calls.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
Before graduation, Springboard’s career services team supports students in their job search, helping prepare them for interviews and networking, and facilitates their transition into the tech industry. Springboard’s tuition-back guarantee allows students a six-month runway to land a job.
Springboard’s support does not end when students graduate. All graduates benefit from an extensive support network encompassing career services, 1:1 career coaching, networking tips, resume assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Since Springboard was founded in 2013, 94% of eligible graduates secured a job within one year, earning an average salary increase of $26,000.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- April 2022 Coding Bootcamp News
- A Day in the Life of a Digital Marketer
- What is a Coding Bootcamp Like?
- CompTIA Security+, Ethical Hacking, Network Security, Penetration Testing
OnlinePart Time15 Hours/week24 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $9,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis Cyber Security Career Track is the first online cyber bootcamp to guarantee your first cybersecurity job or your tuition back. In this fully online Cyber Security Career Track, you will learn from the comfort of your home and at your own pace with 1:1 support from a skilled cybersecurity mentor and dedicated support from career coaches. You’ll complete 30+ labs and 35+ mini-projects while getting everything you need to pass the Security+ certification test. By the end of the bootcamp, you'll have all of the blue team technical and communication skills you need to start a cybersecurity analyst role (A job that helps you earn about $100,000 in average salary). Units include: - Cybersecurity Basics (optional) - Cybersecurity Fundamentals - IT Project Management - Host-based security - Network Security - Identity and Access Management - Security Assessment and Training - Security Operations - Application Security - Security+ Prep
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,890/month, $9,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Your money back if you don't land a job within 6 months after graduating from our online bootcamp and receiving your Security+ Certification. Scholarship $750 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong analytical skills and a determination to work through and complete all required course activities. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $8,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $8,500 upfront or $1,690 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $9,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1,890 /month or $9,900 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship $750 for Women in Tech and Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- Social Media Marketing, SEO, SEM, Email Marketing, Digital Marketing, Content Marketing
OnlinePart Time6 Hours/week8 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $2,495 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis 60+ hour digital marketing curriculum features custom and curated content. Students graduate with the skills to create and measure campaigns across key channels including SEO, SEM, social media, content, email, influencer, affiliate and more. Assessments include 7 quizzes as well as 13 hands-on projects graded by your mentor. Units include: - Digital Marketing Fundamentals - Buyer Personas and Positioning - Content Marketing - Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Search Engine Marketing (SEM) - Social Media Marketing - Email and Partnership Marketing - Measurement and analysis
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans $1,248/month, $2,495 upfront, employer sponsorship opportunities
Minimum Skill Level - Early-career and established marketers looking to shift into a digital marketing role - Consultants and freelancers seeking to build their brand or expand their service offerings - Entrepreneurs, executives and professionals in adjacent fields Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis course is designed to help students decide if a career in data analytics is right for them. It will also help them decide if Springboard is the right educator for them. The course will introduce students to data analytics fundamentals, including structured thinking processes, Excel foundations, and how to present data-driven insights.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $9,900 Month-to-month: $1,290/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,500 Class size 25 Location OnlineThe Tech Sales Career Track is designed to prepare students to successfully land and perform in sales development representative (SDR) and/or business development representative (BDR) roles in B2B Tech sales landscape. All backgrounds are welcome, as long as you can demonstrate strong communication and relationship-building skills, along with the ability to learn new concepts quickly. Before enrolling, applicants will be asked to pass an evaluation of baseline soft skills centered around communication skills, motivation, professionalism, a commitment to learning, and a resilient mindset. As a tech sales student, you’ll also benefit from one of Springboard’s most sought-after features: a community of support that includes a live instructor, a dedicated student advisor, a career coach, a course teaching assistant, and a grader/assessor, who will provide written feedback on assessments. As with all Springboard courses, the Tech Sales Career Track will be a 100% online experience. The course is fixed-paced, with weekly live classes to help you practice new concepts and techniques.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $2,500/month, $6500 upfront, loan financing, and deferred tuition plans available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $11,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $11,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1,590/month, $7,900 upfront, loan financing and deferred tuition payment plans available. Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test No Interview No
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $750 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- UX Career Track (Online)
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $1000 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Tech Sales Career Track (Online)
Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition in the Digital Marketing Certificate course!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- Digital Marketing Professional Certificate (Online)
1215 reviews sorted by:
- Miguel Cacho Soblechero • Student • Course: Machine Learning Engineering Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringBoard Machine Learning Engineering programme is a self-paced 6-months course that takes you from the basics of ML to state-of-the-art deep learning algorithms. The curriculum is created from resources already available online, curated and distilled for you.
The main benefits are:
- Excellent curriculum, taking you from basic ML to Deep Learning
- Great career support, helping you from creating your CV to salary negotiation
- This course requires previous knowledge of Python, and background knowledge in many maths concepts.
- Weekly mentor experience really varies, depending on your mentor and your relationship with him
- Slack community is quite static among your cohort
- Richard Siri • Financial Data Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInThe Springboard Data Analytics was challenging, rewarding, and very helpful to me. It challenged me with exercises ranging from Excel, Python, SQL, and data visualization tools (Tableau and PowerBI). They also provided an incredible mentor to me, Sean Lucas, for when the challenges were too hard. It was rewarding because throughout the course I was able to improve my resume and LinkedIn profile. I also used some of the projects that I did as examples of the work that I have done to show to employers. Last but not least, I am an entry level data analyst and didn't have a firm grasp on SQL or Python. This course enhanced my abilities to use those languages and it improved my performance at my job. 100% enjoyed my time as a student, my mentor, my career coaches, and the Springboard staff themselves who helped me extend/modify my time/curriculum due to life being crazy. Thank you!
- A deliberate investment in your career.- 1/13/2022Jonathan Hazeley • Senior Product Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via GitHubPrior to springboard I have been getting tons of interviews with a wide range of companies for data science roles such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Hubspot but was unable to make it past the technical interview stage. Knowing that if I did things the same I could only expect the same result. I took the plunge and signed up for Springboard in order to quickly learn and develop the skills I needed to be a data scientist. I ended up securing a job 80% through the course and along the way had turned down dozens of interviews.
- I recommend the cybersecurity bootcamp!- 1/12/2022Alisha Moledina • Graduate • Course: Cybersecurity Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI chose this cybersecurity bootcamp over others for a couple of reasons:
- You can finish assignments based on your schedule, as long as you finish a certain percentage every week.
- It's not as expensive as other bootcamps
- They have a 6 month money back job guarantee as long as you follow all the rules and finish on time
- Weekly mentor calls
You do have to self-teach a lot of the material and it is a lot of independent studying but they give you all the resources you need to succeed. The mentors are all very professional and have a lot of experience in the field.
- Quick responses from Springboard Support
- Create your own schedule
- Helpful Infosec labs that give you hands-on experience
- Graded mock interviews from professionals in the industry
- Helpful community on Slack
- Office Hours
- It's not a live weekly class, so you don't have an instructor teaching you this material. It's a lot of LinkedIn Learning videos
- You lose the job guarantee if you don't finish in time
- Email support can take time to reach back out sometimes
Overall, I recommend the bootcamp for anyone who likes to study and needs some structure or guidance on where to start in cybersecurity.
- Mindi Ferguson • Graduate • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI feel like Springboard could really benefit from giving its students in the UI/UX Design Career Track a whack at using aspects of Springboard’s online everything as one of their portfolio projects. In other words, there’s room to improve the user experience. I had three different mentors throughout the course, and I’d give two of the three strong positive ratings. I worked with various other mentors and several different career coaches, and found them all to be knowledgeable, helpful, and encouraging. The curriculum is structured around developing four projects for a starter portfolio, with career track units interspersed along the way. It’s largely self-paced, which worked well for me for the most part. The first capstone takes up a hefty portion of the time in the course, then the next three projects are much quicker, relatively speaking. I made it through and am eligible for the job guarantee, so guess I’ll see how that goes. I think Springboard is a fair value with a lot of positives to it, but I would recommend doing thorough research before committing to it. I also took their Intro to Design course first, and that helped me feel confident in my decision to forge ahead with the career track program.
- UX Career Track- 1/6/2022Victor Chue • Product Designer • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard was very helpful in getting me up to speed in the UX Design industry. While some of the curriculum's material is a couple of years old, the core learning skills were still relevant to finding a job as a designer. What I enjoyed most about this program was being able to meet weekly with a professional mentor so they could keep me accountable. It's a lot easier to learn online when you have someone with you on your journey. I will admit, the cost is a little steep and you can find most of the articles online yourself. But, the mentor experience and the promise of an Industry Design Project were worth the price for me personally.
- UX UI Design course- 1/6/2022Jessica Singh • UX UI Designer • Student • Course: UI / UX Design Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInSpringboard has been an amazing life changing experience for me. I have no only embarked upon new skills but also developed my personality on an overall basis. From learning to designing apps and web pages , to learning to how to talk and conduct oneself. Springboard also provides mentor support and coach supports as well as student advisory support at every step. Ever so grateful and happy with this course and highly recommend this to everyone.
- Data Science Bootcamp- 1/6/2022Swecha Kranthi • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInIt is a great platform to be introduced to and learn the fundamentals of data science
The 1 to 1 Mentorship
the 3 projects you get out of it are great for resume and github
flexibility and mentorships
The cost. Most material can be found for a cheaper price tag on Data Camp. You pay more for the mentorship than anything. if learning material is your goal, there are cheaper options out there.
- Data Analytics Career track- 12/31/2021Byron Francis • Executive Director • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInMy Springboard experience was great. Unfortunately, it took me longer than expected to complete the course because my job responsibilities changed. I also had to change mentors during the process. However, my mentor was great and provided consistent structure and valuable feedback that allowed me to complete the course in a timely manner. I am a tactile learner and was a true beginner to most of the SQL and Python material, so I do wish there was more time built in to get more practice. However, you do have lifetime access to the course material, so you can go back and practice as you wish. The career support was great also. Especially for people who may not have experience with Linkedin, networking, or asking for referrals and introductions. Overall, I am happy with my experience and confident the skills I've learned will help me achieve my career goals.
- Great Experience!- 12/27/2021Dan Pavlu • Data Analyst • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInPrior to starting my course at Springboard, I was in the live events business. I was unsure of how to go about switching to a new field. I found Springboard in June and saw great reviews plus a job guarantee, so I decided to give it a shot. I was super impressed right off the bat with how well structured the course was. They start you off simple with foundations to use throughout the course, before going into the more technical stuff. The career search units were extremely helpful as well, since most people enroll in this course with the intention of finding a job afterwards. The mentor calls were a life saver as well. There were multiple times throughout the course that I felt stuck and having a subject matter expert that I could talk to every week was amazing. To anyone that is considering enrolling in a bootcamp, I would highly recommend Springboard.
- Springboard was a fantastic experience- 12/23/2021David Wheeler • Product Designer • Verified via LinkedIn
- Data Analytics Career Track- 12/22/2021Emily Peeler • Graduate • Course: Data Analytics Career Track • Campus: Online • Verified via LinkedInI had a great experience with the Springboard Data Analytics Career Track. I worked full-time while completing the program and really appreciated how flexible and asynchronous it was. The curriculum is jam-packed and I personally struggled a bit to complete the program on time, but it's definitely doable! I would recommend this bootcamp to others who like to work at their own pace and on their own time and are comfortable working independently, as it does require a good deal of self-motivation and proactivity to complete. I found the content and assignments to be very helpful and practical and I have applied much of what I learned to my current job. Lastly, I found the weekly mentor calls and monthly career coaching calls to be INCREDIBLY helpful and all support staff I interacted with were excellent. Overall, Springboard was a great option for me and I'm really glad I did it!