Springboard is an online coding school offering online, flexible, mentor-led courses including the Data Science Career Track, UX Design Career Track, and Machine Learning Career Track (all offer job guarantees). While learning cutting-edge digital skills entirely online, students receive teaching and mentorship from industry experts. Springboard offers a number of self-paced, mentor-led workshops, plus a full Data Science Career Track program. The Data Science Career Track includes a deferred tuition option, so students can enroll for a small deposit and finish paying after starting a job. In all of Springboard’s self-paced courses, students develop job-ready skills that display industry-worthy capstone and portfolio projects. Throughout the entire process, students receive support from their industry mentor, as well as Springboard's resident advisors and the larger student/alumni community. Springboard combines expert-curated curricula with one-on-one mentorship. Springboard has served thousands of students from around the world.
To apply, applicants fill out an online form, take an aptitude test, then talk with a school representative about their background and motivations. For the data science career track a background in statistics and/or programming is required. For the UX career track, students should have academic or professional background in user design or development-oriented fields.
All graduates receive 1:1 career coaching including networking tips, resume and LinkedIn assistance, interview prep, and salary negotiation. Graduates go on to considerable success: those who accepted new jobs reported an average annual salary increase of $19,919. And because of the job guarantee, students who don’t find a job within six months of graduation receive a full refund.
Recent Springboard Reviews: Rating 4.64
Recent Springboard News
- What Is Design Thinking? An Intro with Springboard
- Are tech companies hiring coding bootcampers during COVID?
- From Self-Teaching to Springboard: How Jake Learned Machine Learning
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $5,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a data analyst in six months, job guaranteed! Through this course, developed in partnership with Microsoft, you’ll master the technical and business thinking skills needed to get hired. In addition to learning fundamental business statistics concepts, key tools (like Excel, SQL, Python, Power BI, and Tableau), and advanced analysis techniques, you’ll develop your problem-solving skills—something hiring managers told us most job applicants lack. Two capstone projects will allow you to bring all of your skills together, becoming the center of a powerful portfolio. And you’ll do it all with the guidance of your personal mentor and career coach, plus support from your fellow students and Springboard alumni.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred tuition plan: Pay $500 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $5,500 upfront or $1,100 monthly payments, or deferred tuition plan. Refund / Guarantee Become a data analyst. Job Guaranteed. Scholarship $500 scholarship for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level 2 years of professional work experience working regularly with office, design or programming tools. Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineData Engineering students will learn to translate business needs into data infrastructure. The curriculum is designed to teach students the framework, skills, and tools the world's top technology companies demand. Some of the topics the curriculum covers include ETL and data pipelines, big data technologies like MapReduce, Apache Hadoop and Spark, and data warehousing, data schema, and modeling.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit Tuition Plans $1490/month, $7500 upfront, or financing available. Refund / Guarantee Full tuition refund if you don't land a job within 6 months of graduating. Scholarship $750 scholarships for veterans and women in tech.
Minimum Skill Level - 6+ months of work experience in any analytical role, ideally working with SQL - 6+ months of work experience as a software engineer using Python or Java or C++ - Bachelor's degree in CS or other degree that involves extensive programming skills Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,500 Class size N/A Location OnlineGet a job, or your money back, through Springboard’s mentor-guided online bootcamp. With our job guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. Students will master the data science process, from statistics and data wrangling to advanced topics like machine learning and data storytelling, by working on real projects designed by industry experts. With the guidance of your personal mentor and career coaches, you will graduate with an interview-ready portfolio and a network of data scientists. We won’t stop there. We know that career transitions are hard, and we’ll support you every step of the way—until you get hired.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition available: Pay $700 and the rest when you get a job.
Tuition Plans $1490/month or $7,500 upfront or deferred tuition plan. Scholarship Women in Tech Veterans
Minimum Skill Level Comfortable programming and comfortable with statistics. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $490 Class size N/A Location OnlineNeed more prep before you begin the Data Science Career Track? In this mentor-led course, you'll spend 4-6 weeks mastering the foundational Python and statistics skills needed to pass the admissions challenge and start your career. This course was designed specifically for go-getters who want to enroll in our Data Science Career Track, but who need an introduction to, or a refresher in, Python programming, statistics, or other core data science concepts. With guidance from your personal mentor, you’ll finish the course having learned how to use Python to complete real-world coding exercises. You’ll also be able to ace our Data Science Career Track admissions challenge and begin your data science journey.
Minimum Skill Level Beginnger Prep Work None Placement Test No Interview No
- User Experience Design
OnlinePart Time10 Hours/week4 Weeks
Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $349 Class size N/A Location OnlineThis four-week, online course allows students to experience the Springboard curriculum in a bite-sized, easily digestible format. It’s created for those who want to test if online learning is for them, and those who are simply curious to see if their interest in design could lead them towards a new career. Introduction to Design students have access to one-on-one mentorship from a design expert, a one-on-one call with a career coach, hands-on, exercise-based learning, access to a dedicated student advisor, a teaching assistant, student operations support and a community of aspiring designers and design experts.
Deposit N/A Tuition Plans There is a one time fee of $349 at the time of enrolling in the course.
Minimum Skill Level No minimum skill level required. Prep Work No prep work needed for this course. Placement Test No Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $7,940 Class size N/A Location OnlineFast-track your machine learning career through our mentor-guided, hands-on machine learning engineering course—the first to come with a job guarantee. Our curriculum, designed for people with software engineering experience, is rigorous and deeply technical, teaching the foundations of machine learning and deep learning. But it’s also hands-on. Of the 400 hours of work we estimate it will take to complete this course, 100 hours go toward capstone projects. You’ll build and deploy large-scale AI systems—with guidance from your mentor, an experienced machine learning engineer currently working in the industry.
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit
Deferred Tuition Plan Available: $700 refundable deposit at the time of enrollment, pay the rest after landing a role in machine learning engineering.
Tuition Plans $7,940 upfront $1490/month Climb Credit Loan Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee. Get a job after 6 months or get your money back. Scholarship Women In Tech: $750 Veterans: $750
Deposit N/A FinancingLending partner available: Climb Credit. Pay $500 upfront. Then make low monthly payments of
$61-121 during the course, and $346-380 for 33 months after.
Tuition Plans One-time Upfront Payment: $8500 Month-to-month: $1,150/month Refund / Guarantee Land a software engineering job in 6 months of graduating or get a full tuition refund. Scholarship We offer a $750 scholarship for women in tech and veterans.
Minimum Skill Level N/A Placement Test No Interview No Start Date None scheduled Cost $10,000 Class size N/A Location OnlineWant to break into the tech and have a creative impact? Even if you have no previous design or tech experience, you can become a UI or UX designer in 9 months, equipped to own the product design process end-to-end. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. The course curriculum is ideal for those looking to career transition from non-design related backgrounds. You'll learn to apply design tools and concepts in the context of real-life design problems. Receive rigorous training from user research and wireframes to high fidelity mockups and working with developers to implement them. Build your confidence and a stellar portfolio curated from hands-on projects with clients. You have the flexibility to study online whilst working full time. Plus get 1-1 expert mentor support and a dedicated career coach to ensure your success throughout your journey.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $10,000 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee Scholarship $750 for women and veterans
Minimum Skill Level All backgrounds are welcome as long as you can demonstrate strong visual, creativity, and communication skills. Placement Test Yes Interview No Start Date Rolling Start Date Cost $6,900 Class size N/A Location OnlineBecome a UX designer in six months, job guaranteed! The UX Career Track is an intensive user experience course with a full career services component. With our guarantee, if you don’t land a job within six months of graduating, your tuition will be refunded. This self-paced, mentor-guided, online bootcamp is designed for people with adjacent skills from a few specific backgrounds: visual design, coding, marketing, and research. With the fundamentals already in place, you'll master design thinking, develop cross-functional communication skills, and create real-world projects that you can show off in a unique portfolio. After graduation, you’ll continue to enjoy the support of career coaches and access to our employer network so that you can land an entry-level UX job.
Deposit N/A Financing Tuition Plans $1299/month, $6,900 upfront, or deferred tuition Refund / Guarantee Job Guarantee
Minimum Skill Level Academic or professional experience in user design or development oriented fields. Placement Test Yes Interview No
- Course Report is excited to offer an exclusive Springboard scholarship for $500 off tuition!
EligibilityOffer is only valid for new applicants. Applicants who have already submitted an application cannot claim this scholarship. & This scholarship cannot be combined with other offers.
- UX Career Track (Online)
- UI / UX Design Career Track (Online)
- Software Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Machine Learning Engineering Career Track (Online)
- Data Science Career Track (Online)
- Data Analytics Career Track (Online)
582 reviews sorted by:
- John Lizaso • Graduate • Course: Digital Marketing Career Track • Campus: Online
- Springboard brings you to the field well- 3/2/2020Hang Su • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlineI finished a Springboard UX career track course, it was a great experience. I would like to highlight the mentoring experience and Industry Design Project experience. First the mentors you have in the course are helpful, supportive, I feel they offer extra helps on guiding you into the career track that they don't have to. They care about your thoughts and help you move your thoughts into your capstone project.
The Industry Design Project is the very best study that SB offers, that it brings you to a real company to help them solve some problems. It can give you a jump start to the career that helps you test what you have learned and horn your skills.
- Great Experience!- 2/26/2020Cesar L. Jaitman Labaton • Solutions Engineer • Student • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: OnlineSpringboard is well though-out, but there can be some improvements in the overall curriculum (which are being made).
- Good support system. Curriculum has a good set of professionals that are able to communicate terms very well.
- Mock interview are a good idea and do give you insight of what to expect. They also booster your confidence with the overall process.
- Capstone projects can be challenging if you decide to put the extra work and do help improve you portfolio to showcase it to potential employees.
- Some courses need a revamp, for example the statistics part of it. While I was working through it, this specific course got updated and I really like the new version. I see that they are putting work on it, but I also think that some other aspects need to get updated sooner than later.
- No course regarding big data or cloud computing. The 2nd project we have to use Deep Learning components where we might have to handle 100K+ rows of data. For a normal computer, training a model can take a couple of hours (in my case 37 hours). Leaning how to use AWS or Azure is a requirement now a days.
- Better guidelines for at least the first Capstone project. It is very intimidating to start typing in a blank notebook. Getting a guideline to have an overall idea on how to start will help the student.
- Worth it overall- 2/17/2020Diandra Silva • Student • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
- A great choice to start your UX journey- 2/11/2020Phillip Headen • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlineI really enjoyed the UX Career track. My mentor was great. She not only helped me with the curriculum, but she also gave me insight and resources outside of what Springboard offered. Calvin really seems to care as a career coach. He helped me with my resume, cover letters, and LinkedIn. They’re also available as resources once you’re finished the course.
The Industry Design Project is a highlight. It pairs you with a real world startup for 4-5 weeks. I think this sets Springboard apart from competitors.
- UX Design Career Track- 2/11/2020Joux Ligutti • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlineI had a great experience learning UX design with Springboard. I like that the course takes you through all of the stages of the design cycle and you produce a lot of deliverables that you can add to your portfolio. My mentor was very helpful and gave excellent industry advice and encouragement during our weekly calls. I highly recommend Springboard.
- Great for self-motivated learners- 2/5/2020Kimberly Cinco • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: OnlinePros: Free access to Sketch or Adobe XD for a year. Financing through Climb Credit helped me only pay around $25/month while I was in the curriculum (if you're a disabled military veteran, it is possible to have this program qualify for Voc Rehab, and get tuition reimbursement). Access to mentors, career coaches, and student advisors is really helpful in building your professional network, which you'll learn is a helpful way to make your name known as you transition careers. The Springboard community in San Francisco really tries to coordinate in-person meetups which helps foster the community of UX Designers, Data Scientists, and Machine Learning Engineers up in the Bay Area so you can meet your Slack channel peers face-to-face. There's at least one major event or conference that Springboard students are invited to join for free too!
Cons: You need to be highly motivated to finish the curriculum in the recommended six months (they offer an extension if you need more time). Some people may not prefer the curation of materials because it may not match how other people have learned on the job, and there isn't a dedicated instructor you can default to for questions. You'll just have your assigned mentor and access to a random mentor call to ask for help. The industry partner project is a random match, so you don't have any say in who you'll be working with for those four weeks/forty hours. The job guarantee requires hard work from you and stepping out of your comfort zones to really network and find your right fit.
- Ux/Ui Career Track- 2/4/2020Rocky Balboa • GraduateOverall my experience with springboard's UX/UI Career track was amazing. There was a lot of curriculum to take in and learn from to help you prepare to what's coming up ahead. The projects you will be doing through out this course are the ones that will give you a lot of practice with your UX/UI skills. These skills that you will earn and develop will help you gain more confidence about your transition as a UX/UI designer.
- Data Science Career Track- 1/30/2020Justin Tseng • N/A • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
My experience with Springboard is exceptional and I found the staff super helpful. The curriculum has a wide variety of collections (Videos from Harvard, exercise from Datacamp, etc) towards each topic. Mini projects alongside each chapter gave me hands-on experience on certain topics which I found super helpful. Career coaches and on-demand mentors are knowledgable and patient. If there is one thing I have to be picky about is the quality of the assigned mentor, some of them can be more passionate about our work.
- Great bootcamp- 1/29/2020Varsha Tripathi • Graduate • Course: Data Science Career Track • Campus: Online
Easy to follow curriculum, great guidance from my mentor, support from amazing online community, career coaches and student advisor made my journey with Springboard very enjoyable. It was a wonderful learning experience and I am so glad that I enrolled in it. I would highly recommend this course to anyone looking to transition into the world of data science.
- Outstanding Curriculum!- 1/28/2020Gershom Benavidez • UX Consultant • Graduate • Course: UX Design • Campus: Online
I'm a UX Consultant that wanted to bolster my credentials with a formal education. I took their UX Design course and gained valuable insights in Visual Design. If you asked me 1 year ago that I'd be able to design a mobile application through user-based research I would have said it was impossible.
I'm more competend in design apps like Balsamic Wireframes, Invision, Sketch, Whimsical, etc. Thanks to my mentor I was able to grasp difficult concepts easily. The course was fairly priced and the projects challenged me to always do my best. Would highly recommend Springboard!
- Try Something New- 1/23/2020Jordan Barbosa • Graduate • Course: UX Career Track • Campus: Online
I wanted to try something new and posibly switch careers. Although I haven't yet found a job, Springboard allows this new perspective.
This was also an awesome way to expand my portfolio and skills for future job prospects. If you want a job in the User Experience world, you need a portfolio and Springboard provides a curriculum that makes this process easy and hassle free. On top, you’llget skills and knowledge essential for UX.